PDA

View Full Version : Any Questions you may have on the Falcons I can answer.

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Not on here to cause any trouble or to talk trash. But would be more than happy to answer any Question on the Falcons as I've watched all there games over the last Four years and I'm a big fan of them.

A little on the Offense
First I'll start with Matt Ryan He really doesn't get his do. I think the most telling stat he has is that sense he's come into the NFL he has more 4th Quater comebacks or game wining drivess than any other QB over that time span and he also has the best record of any Starter over there 1st 4 season. About the only thing he hasn't done is win a playoff game. I think everbody alrealy knows about Michael Turner as well as Roddy White and Tony G. and Julio Jones but three other guys who can have big games and just aren't use enough are Jason Snelling,Jaquizz Rodgers and Harry Douglas. Rodgers and Douglas have game Breaking ability.

And for the D we have a lot of speed a pretty good secondary and then the weak link the front four. The Front four are average to good they stop the run pretty well and at times can get after the QB but inconsistency is what kills them and kills the D. As far as names and Pro bowl type of players or probowl talent is Sean Weatherspoon,Curtis Lofton,William Moore Brent Grimes, John Abraham,Thomas Decoud and I'll note that Cory Peters and Danute Robinson are also pretty good but not Pro bowl type of players like I said the D kills themselfs with inconsistency.

In my opinion the Falcons are loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and that there coaching staff/system's is whats holding the falcons back at times as it seems they play not to lose rather than to win.

But as far as how hard or motivated will the Falcons play all they've heard over the last two weeks is how hot the Giants are and there not. And how they haven't won a playoff game or how the Saint killed there D and then ran up the score. And you can also throw the Dirt bag thing in there that Tuck Said as well. I think there not just coming up there to win but also to prove that they belong there as well as there just not getting there do.

But I'll answer any Question you may have on the Offense,Defense,players,Coachs,tendencies on the Falcons.

BlueBlitzer
01-04-2012, 09:11 PM
And you'll stop JPP how exactly ?

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 09:14 PM
I never said we'll stop JJP

TrueBlue07
01-04-2012, 09:18 PM
who is your weakest starter & who is your strongest? (Ryan excluded, obviously)

BlueBlitzer
01-04-2012, 09:18 PM
I must have missed it, when you said ANY questions.

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 09:23 PM
We'll my bad though you were trying to talk a little trash. But to slow down JPP I expect a lot of no huddle from Matt Ryan as he very good at that mixing in runing and passing plays to keep a good pass rush at bay. And as far as weakest players on Offense I'll say the LT spot and on D I'll say the DE not named Abrham as those two spot have been very inconsitient

FalconFan99
01-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Weakest Starter is Dunta. He gets burnt WAY to much. Strongest starter is Curtis Lofton. Hes all over the field and leads the defense.

Furiator
01-04-2012, 09:27 PM
The dirt bags will try to break their legs between plays.

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Dunta is a soild CB not the best but pretty good and not the worst player on the Defense side. The DE not named Abraham is the problem as nobody else really gets after the QB

TheEnigma
01-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Are you worried that Mike Smith might make another possible boneheaded call on a vital play?

I ask that not as trash talk but as a serious question.

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Yes on the Mike Smith Question but if he does that he could find him self jobless the same can be said about the cordinartors as this is kind of a make or break game for the Falcons

BlueDog10
01-04-2012, 09:36 PM
You guys have a lot of offensive weapons and I'm most concerned about stopping Turner and not opening things up for Gonzo/White/Jones.. Do you guys have a better run 'D' or pass 'D?'

TheEnigma
01-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Yes on the Mike Smith Question but if he does that he could find him self jobless the same can be said about the cordinartors as this is kind of a make or break game for the FalconsHow is Mike Smith on challenges? Pretty good, average, mediocre?

And what do you think the score difference will be? 3? 7? 10? higher?

Drez
01-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I must have missed it, when you said ANY questions.</P>

Dude, he did answer it... By saying he never said they would... To me that means all he hopes they can just mitigate the damage JPP does, lol.</P>

Here's my question(s) to you, Falcon...</P>

How worried are you about Eli and the receivers doing a number on your secondary if you guys can't generate a pass rush (which you admitted is a weakness)?</P>

Do you guys employ your receivers more vertically or in the short/intermediate game and hope they can make a guy miss for a big play? How do you feel our pass rush will affect that?</P>

What makes you most confident about this game?
What makes you most nervous?</P>

Drez
01-04-2012, 09:44 PM
but three other guys who can have big games and just aren't use enough are Jason Snelling...</P>

I remember Snelling. He had a pretty good game against us a couple years back. Wasn't he a converted FB?</P>

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Mike Smith is pretty good but really hasn't made a ton of Challenges but if he knows he can throw away a time out or knows he'll win he throw the challen flag but I would say pretty good. I think it will be close 3-7 points but from my side of the ball (Falcons) I don't know which team is going to show up the team that scored 42 points in the first half last week with over 6 mintiues left in the first half or the team that racked up a ton of yards against the Saints but could'nt score TD's but my gut tells me it'll be close because the Falcons really done play a brand of football to blow anybody out as they like to run the rock.

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 09:48 PM
As for Eli not to worried we do play against Brees he pretty good but it's about make the Giants settle for FG's and not TDs and trying to get Eli to throw some INTs other wise it could be a high scoring game or another blow out that the Falcons won't be very happy about

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 09:50 PM
As for Snelling he a complete back and can do it all and can also play FB and as well play when Turners in the game he also is very good at catching the ball to not really a big play guy but a guy that can move the chains

BigBlue2010
01-04-2012, 09:51 PM
Are you worried about the weather? I do see where you are 4-4 on road this year.

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 09:55 PM
No I kind of hope it rains alot as I belive that we do have a better runing game and it could also slow down the pass rush you guys have and would make the Giants play the brand of football the Falcons like to play keep it close and let the Ryan win it. But i will say the Gmen do that pretty well to with Eli

MikeIsaGiant
01-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Who are you more worried about? Cruz or Nicks?

Easy-Duz-It
01-04-2012, 10:00 PM

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Cruz because he's a game breaker a guy who can turn a 10 yard pass in to a 50 yard pass or more

bansaw
01-04-2012, 10:01 PM
will Mike Smith have a heart attack watching Eli drive it late to go up 3 scores?

Easy-Duz-It
01-04-2012, 10:01 PM
haha. wow. that was hard to read. are you ten or did you just never finish middle school?

no thanks.

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 10:03 PM
As for Mike Smith He might as he would more than likley will lose his job

Breezely
01-04-2012, 10:05 PM
I don't have a question. I wanted to say thanks for Boley. I don' t know where the Giants would be without him. I guess I do have a question. Did Michael Boley produce like he is producing now, when he was a Falcon???????

bansaw
01-04-2012, 10:07 PM
lose his job? really? ... that sounds like message board bs imo.

Playoffs 3 out of 4 years there??

lol?

Sundown
01-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Good team but I'm not impressed w that secondary. Grimes can play but Dunta is a scrub. Any team that has Tim Lewis coaching is a recipe for disaster. Gonna be a good game.

What did Atlanta give up for Julio?

MikeIsaGiant
01-04-2012, 10:09 PM

Playoffs 3 out of 4 years there??*

lol?

Yeah, not sure how losing all games in the playoffs counts as out for them. They have a good coaching staff, making the playoffs 3 out of 4 years is something to be proud of.

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Yea he was pretty good here to but did struggle in coverage at times. And i'm pretty sure he'll get to be matched up with Tony Gonzalez as both Saftey's will help with Jones and White but he's was a pretty good player all around in ATL as a run stuffer or in pass coverage

bansaw
01-04-2012, 10:10 PM
3 out of 4 years AFTER Petrino said **** you lol

whatever

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 10:14 PM
I think D. Robinson gets a bad rap he was a bad FA pick up but he's a man to man CB not a zone coverage CB like we play he hasn't been bad maybe bad for the contract he got but is a "solid player" but yea a scrub for what he's making and I belive we gave 4 or 5 picks up for julio two late 1st and a 2nd and 4th but not sure

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 10:17 PM
As far as Mike Smith I belive his is on the hot seat because when you have a team that is more than enough talented to not just be in the playoffs but win a superbowl you got to at least show some results which he hasn't besides making the playoffs.

Drez
01-04-2012, 10:21 PM

Playoffs 3 out of 4 years there??

lol?
</P>

People were calling for TC's head after '09, the first time since '04 we missed the playoffs.</P>

Hell, there were people calling for his head after losing to the Eagles in '08, lol. But, then again, that was on message boards.</P>

superFalcons
01-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Its really hard to say but I think if not Mike Smith then more than lilkley the would make changes at OC and DC spots and would make a very strong run for Spags at the DC spot

TuckYou
01-04-2012, 11:06 PM
<FONT size=2 face=Verdana>The falcon's scientific name is Falco Peregrinus, which means Falcon Wanderer. Three subspecies are recognized in North America. Can you name them?</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2 face=Verdana>What are baby falcons called?</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2 face=Verdana>How high can a falcon fly?</FONT></P>

BParcells777
01-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Not on here to cause any trouble or to talk trash. But would be more than happy to answer any Question on the Falcons as I've watched all there games over the last Four years and I'm a big fan of them.

A little on the Offense
First I'll start with Matt Ryan He really doesn't get his do. I think the most telling stat he has is that sense he's come into the NFL he has more 4th Quater comebacks or game wining drivess than any other QB over that time span and he also has the best record of any Starter over there 1st 4 season. About the only thing he hasn't done is win a playoff game. I think everbody alrealy knows about Michael Turner as well as Roddy White and Tony G. and Julio Jones but three other guys who can have big games and just aren't use enough are Jason Snelling,Jaquizz Rodgers and Harry Douglas. Rodgers and Douglas have game Breaking ability.

And for the D we have a lot of speed a pretty good secondary and then the weak link the front four. The Front four are average to good they stop the run pretty well and at times can get after the QB but inconsistency is what kills them and kills the D. As far as names and Pro bowl type of players or probowl talent is Sean Weatherspoon,Curtis Lofton,William Moore Brent Grimes, John Abraham,Thomas Decoud and I'll note that Cory Peters and Danute Robinson are also pretty good but not Pro bowl type of players like I said the D kills themselfs with inconsistency.

In my opinion the Falcons are loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and that there coaching staff/system's is whats holding the falcons back at times as it seems they play not to lose rather than to win.

But as far as how hard or motivated will the Falcons play all they've heard over the last two weeks is how hot the Giants are and there not. And how they haven't won a playoff game or how the Saint killed there D and then ran up the score. And you can also throw the Dirt bag thing in there that Tuck Said as well. I think there not just coming up there to win but also to prove that they belong there as well as there just not getting there do.

But I'll answer any Question you may have on the Offense,Defense,players,Coachs,tendencies on the Falcons.

Not really concerned about your team or its roster.....We'll test them on Sunday

Just one question, is your team going to cry and howl and fall apart like the Cowboys and Jets did after we put a good whomping on them if we do?........I should hope not.....the sight of ol Fatso Blowhard Ryan crying in his press conference was more than I could bear.

Has Atlanta ever progressed in the playoffs since Dan Reeves was their HC?......I don't recall them ever advancing....This must be an exciting time for all of you, to play a recent SB winner in the playoffs.

NYGRealityCheck
01-04-2012, 11:13 PM
<FONT size=2 face=Verdana>The falcon's scientific name is Falco Peregrinus, which means Falcon Wanderer. Three subspecies are recognized in North America. Can you name them?</FONT></P>

Let me add to that...

A. What's the average wing speed of an unlaiden falcon in flight?

B. Will Dunta Robinson be able to lay the hammer on the Eagle's Jason Avant and B. Celek next season?

Sundown
01-04-2012, 11:16 PM

hahahahaha

fourth&forever
01-05-2012, 12:47 AM

A little on the Offense

Not really concerned about your team or its roster.....We'll test them on Sunday

Just one question, is your team going to cry and howl and fall apart like the Cowboys and Jets did after we put a good whomping on them if we do?........I should hope not.....the sight of ol Fatso Blowhard Ryan crying in his press conference was more than I could bear.

Has Atlanta ever progressed in the playoffs since Dan Reeves was their HC?......I don't recall them ever advancing....This must be an exciting time for all of you, to play a recent SB winner in the playoffs.

This Atlanta fan politely comes here and offers to share his knowledge with us. Did you bother to read any of his original post? I suggest you go back and read the very first sentence.
Show some class man.

miked1958
01-05-2012, 12:49 AM
Plus one

miked1958
01-05-2012, 12:51 AM
The quick passes Dallas was doing in 3rd quarter and early 4th that got them the 14 points and back in the game had our pass rush at bay

byron
01-05-2012, 12:58 AM
And you'll stop JPP how exactly ? The quick passes Dallas was doing in 3rd quarter and early 4th that got them the 14 points and back in the game had our pass rush at bay yeah man.. I hope they get that **** figured out or we could be in trouble...

SoCalFalcon
01-05-2012, 01:20 AM
"Not really concerned about your team or its roster.....We'll test them on Sunday

Just
one question, is your team going to cry and howl and fall apart like
the Cowboys and Jets did after we put a good whomping on them if we
do?........I should hope not.....the sight of ol Fatso Blowhard Ryan
crying in his press conference was more than I could bear.

Has
Atlanta ever progressed in the playoffs since Dan Reeves was their
HC?......I don't recall them ever advancing....This must be an exciting
time for all of you, to play a recent SB winner in the playoffs."

The feeling is mutual. I believe the Falcons have the ability to dismiss the Giants with relative ease if they show up and play a solid game in all three phases. More specifically, I believe if the Falcons and Giants both show up and play well in all three phases that the Falcons are the superior team, and will come out winners. The question is, which Falcons team shows up, and which Giants team shows up? They both have been hot and cold this season. Should be fun to watch for one of us.

Atlanta advanced in the 2002 under Jim Mora Jr., by becoming the first team in history to defeat the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field in the playoffs. They went on to lose in the Divisional round to the Eagles in Philly.
In 2004, they got a first round bye and a home game against the Rams, who they demolished with over 300 yards on the ground. They lost again to Philly in Philly in the NFC Championship game. It was the turning point in Jim Mora's career in Atlanta.
In 2008, they lost in the Wild Card round to Arizona.
In 2010, they lost to Green Bay in the Divisional Round at home. (Embarrassed is more the word)
So they've reached the playoffs, 5 times, if you include this season, post-Dan Reeves.

bansaw
01-05-2012, 09:13 AM
<font size="4">Wooo, Pig, Sooie</font>

gumby742
01-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Lewis vs Fewell. We'll be watching rush 2, drop 9 all game.</P>

Fun stuff.</P>

BigBlue wins
01-05-2012, 10:24 AM
I got a ? for the OP. How did you feel about Houston? They kept you guys at 10 points

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 10:42 AM
I got a ? for the OP.* How did you feel about Houston?* They kept you guys at 10 points

Houston got out to an early lead which forced Ryan to throw. He threw 47 times in that game. In 5 of our losses ryan has thrown over 45 times.

Chicago - 47 Attempts = loss
Houston - 47 Attempts = loss
Tampa Bay - 47 Attempts = loss
New Orleans - 52 Attempts = loss
New Orleans - 52 Attempts = Loss

Turner only had 47 yds. So if giants get to an early lead that will stop turner and force ryan to throw. Mularkey gets pass happy even if he's only down by 3.

Morehead State
01-05-2012, 10:46 AM
I got a ? for the OP. How did you feel about Houston? They kept you guys at 10 points
Houston got out to an early lead which forced Ryan to throw. He threw 47 times in that game. In 5 of our losses ryan has thrown over 45 times. Chicago - 47 Attempts = loss Houston - 47 Attempts = loss Tampa Bay - 47 Attempts = loss New Orleans - 52 Attempts = loss New Orleans - 52 Attempts = Loss Turner only had 47 yds. So if giants get to an early lead that will stop turner and force ryan to throw. Mularkey gets pass happy even if he's only down by 3.</P>

The OP was right about the coaching. Smith is a nightmare especially. I still can't get over the horrific scheme against the Pats in the playoffs when he was DC in Jax.</P>

But to come out 5 wide against the Saints a few weeks ago when you have Turner actually standing on the sidelines shows that there is something very wrong with the braintrust in Atlanta.</P>

Ruttiger711
01-05-2012, 11:07 AM
How do you feel about the 1yr - $7mil extension Gonzalez just signed?

The guy just doesn't seem to age and I'm kind of surprised they didnt try to get him for at least 2 years.

BigBlue wins
01-05-2012, 11:23 AM

Houston got out to an early lead which forced Ryan to throw. He threw 47 times in that game. In 5 of our losses ryan has thrown over 45 times.

Chicago - 47 Attempts = loss
Houston - 47 Attempts = loss
Tampa Bay - 47 Attempts = loss
New Orleans - 52 Attempts = loss
New Orleans - 52 Attempts = Loss

Turner only had 47 yds. So if giants get to an early lead that will stop turner and force ryan to throw. Mularkey gets pass happy even if he's only down by 3.

Thanks a lot! This was the one stat that is actually very compelling. You can expect the giants to do everything to stop the run as Coughlin is very statistical in his analysis. As for the pass, if the former occurs, the latter should result as our pass rush can get hot. Our main problem is Eli and offense almost never starts hot. We warm up by the middle of 2nd quarter.

Giantsin04
01-05-2012, 11:46 AM
[i]" Falcons are the superior team, and will come out winners. .

In todays NFL, 3 of the most important aspects of a team are the QB, the Pass Rush, and the Coach. I see the Giants as being superior in all three areas. Why do you think the Falcons are superior?

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 11:50 AM
How do you feel about the 1yr - $7mil extension Gonzalez just signed?

The guy just doesn't seem to age and I'm kind of surprised they didnt try to get him for at least 2 years.

Personally I love it! Gonzo wouldnt sign a 2 year because for the last 3 years he has said it will be his last but it would depend on how he feels. I hear him state all the time that he feels better/healthier than he did when he was 20.

He is still an elite TE, he may not be putting up the numbers as Gron from New england but he is still a top 5 TE. He put up 80 catches for 875. No other TE that we could pick up in FA (for cheap - not that gonzo is cheap for 7-mil) will be doing that. He converts 3rd downs like very few and is a red zone threat.

But most importantly he is a great role model for our younger guys. He brings so much experience and actually teaches the younger guys on the team. He is out there a hour before practice catching balls. It makes players like Julio and Roddy want to be out there with the future H.O.F. From what I hear his presence is felt all around the locker room even D-line man are out there early working on the things to improve on.

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 11:57 AM
I got a ? for the OP.* How did you feel about Houston?* They kept you guys at 10 points
Houston got out to an early lead which forced Ryan to throw. He threw 47 times in that game. In 5 of our losses ryan has thrown over 45 times. Chicago - 47 Attempts = loss Houston - 47 Attempts = loss Tampa Bay - 47 Attempts = loss New Orleans - 52 Attempts = loss New Orleans - 52 Attempts = Loss Turner only had 47 yds. So if giants get to an early lead that will stop turner and force ryan to throw. Mularkey gets pass happy even if he's only down by 3.</P>

The OP was right about the coaching.* Smith is a nightmare especially.* I still can't get over the horrific scheme against the Pats in the playoffs when he was DC in Jax.</P>

But to come out 5 wide against the Saints a few weeks ago when you have Turner actually standing on the sidelines shows that there is something very wrong with the braintrust in Atlanta.</P>

Obviously Smith has some say in it. But I think the biggest issue is Mularkey. I cant stand his play calling. As soon as Ryan gets into no-huddle he literally dominates and it is all Ryans play calling. It always boggles my mind that they don't go into it more often but I believe they wait for the proper defensive they want to be matched up with and then attack it, giving them no time to sub.

I can see Ryan doing it a lot especially if JPP is out resting and he doesn't want him back on the field.

And about going 5 wide against the saints. The saints jumped to a 2 score lead and falcons hate playing from behind and they think the best way to come back is like that. Not by running and keeping the ball out of Dre w's hands

Morehead State
01-05-2012, 12:13 PM

The OP was right about the coaching. Smith is a nightmare especially. I still can't get over the horrific scheme against the Pats in the playoffs when he was DC in Jax.</P>

Obviously Smith has some say in it. But I think the biggest issue is Mularkey. I cant stand his play calling. As soon as Ryan gets into no-huddle he literally dominates and it is all Ryans play calling. It always boggles my mind that they don't go into it more often but I believe they wait for the proper defensive they want to be matched up with and then attack it, giving them no time to sub. I can see Ryan doing it a lot especially if JPP is out resting and he doesn't want him back on the field. And about going 5 wide against the saints. The saints jumped to a 2 score lead and falcons hate playing from behind and they think the best way to come back is like that. Not by running and keeping the ball out of Dre w's hands</P>

I'm not talking about when they were behind. It was a close game for a while and Turner was not getting near enough touches.</P>

And it goes to the stupid draft day trade. they somehow feel they have to be a pure passing team (maybe because of the Saints). But they have a top RB who needs to carry the ball 25 or more times for them to win. Trading up for Jones was rediculous. They already have White and a nice compliment of other weapons. Just like the Eagles, they focused, not on their needs, but on getting the newest, shiniest penny.</P>

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 12:27 PM

The OP was right about the coaching.* Smith is a nightmare especially.* I still can't get over the horrific scheme against the Pats in the playoffs when he was DC in Jax.</P>

Obviously Smith has some say in it. But I think the biggest issue is Mularkey. I cant stand his play calling. As soon as Ryan gets into no-huddle he literally dominates and it is all Ryans play calling. It always boggles my mind that they don't go into it more often but I believe they wait for the proper defensive they want to be matched up with and then attack it, giving them no time to sub. I can see Ryan doing it a lot especially if JPP is out resting and he doesn't want him back on the field. And about going 5 wide against the saints. The saints jumped to a 2 score lead and falcons hate playing from behind and they think the best way to come back is like that. Not by running and keeping the ball out of Dre w's hands</P>

I'm not talking about when they were behind.* It was a close game for a while and Turner was not getting near enough touches.</P>

And it goes to the stupid draft day trade.* they somehow feel they have to be a pure passing team (maybe because of the Saints).* But they have a top RB who needs to carry the ball 25 or more times for them to win.* Trading up for Jones was rediculous.* They already have White and a nice compliment of other weapons.* Just like the Eagles, they focused, not on their needs, but on getting the newest, shiniest penny.</P>

People dont really know but we had Jenkins last you who had never had a 100yard game with the falcons and couldn't catch a ball over 20yards. Last year Roddy was our entire offence and he played great but if you shut him down we would loose. Defence's have to think about who they double.

Also Julio was hurt for a bunch of games earlier on and has come on as of late in his last 4 games he has 6 TD's

The biggest reason our running game is struggling is because our pro-bowl FB was put on IR against the lions at the beginning of the year. We converted a RB into a FB since and is probably the reason we are a little bit more pass happy.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-05-2012, 01:05 PM
How do you feel about the 1yr - $7mil extension Gonzalez just signed? The guy just doesn't seem to age and I'm kind of surprised they didnt try to get him for at least 2 years. Personally I love it! Gonzo wouldnt sign a 2 year because for the last 3 years he has said it will be his last but it would depend on how he feels. I hear him state all the time that he feels better/healthier than he did when he was 20. He is still an elite TE, he may not be putting up the numbers as Gron from New england but he is still a top 5 TE. He put up 80 catches for 875. No other TE that we could pick up in FA (for cheap - not that gonzo is cheap for 7-mil) will be doing that. He converts 3rd downs like very few and is a red zone threat. But most importantly he is a great role model for our younger guys. He brings so much experience and actually teaches the younger guys on the team. He is out there a hour before practice catching balls. It makes players like Julio and Roddy want to be out there with the future H.O.F. From what I hear his presence is felt all around the locker room even D-line man are out there early working on the things to improve on.</P>

Yeah, Gonzo has always been a class act like that. You guys were very fortunate to pick him up from KC when you did. He's still productive and he's a greta presence in the lockeroom. </P>

Though, hopefully he'll play like old man river come sunday. </P>

bigblue58
01-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Are you as proud of your OL being dirty players as they seem to be of themselves?

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Are you as proud of your OL being dirty players as they seem to be of themselves?

People say dirty.. I say aggressive! They are one of the least penalized units in the league and last year they were the least penalized. If they were truly dirty they would be penalized and fined by the league.

So I am very happy with how aggressive we are on the OL. It gives your great defensive front something to think about all game and keeps their mind from killing Ryan.

burier
01-05-2012, 01:30 PM
my only question for you is what makes you think the falcons will be able to run a hurry up or no huddle offense effectively on the road against a supreme pass rush?

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 01:59 PM
my only question for you is what makes you think the falcons will be able to run a hurry up or no huddle offense effectively on the road against a supreme pass rush?

As soon as they get the correct defensive players on the field that they want they will run it and do it successfully. The reason why they will be successful against a supreme pass rush is because we also run out of our no huddle and the go-go-go will have your pass rush tired with no chance to rest or sub out.

The Falcons have been known to practice in 124db crowd noise to prepare for the Detroit lions game. Article below... so the fact that they will be out doors with less crowd noise will actually make it easier for them. I was at the Detroit game and couldn't believe how loud it was but falcons seemed to have no problem running the no-huddle.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-falcons/2011/10/20/2503389/falcons-vs-lions-crowd-noise-practice

jimsgints
01-05-2012, 03:00 PM
What do you think the final score will be?

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 03:09 PM
34-27

jimsgints
01-05-2012, 04:20 PM
The Giants by a touchdown? I'm good with that. :-)

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 04:27 PM
The Giants by a touchdown? I'm good with that.* :-)

I truly think it can go either way. Depends which teams show up for falcons/giants both are very inconsistent.

BigBlue wins
01-05-2012, 04:38 PM
The Giants by a touchdown? I'm good with that. :-)

I truly think it can go either way. Depends which teams show up for falcons/giants both are very inconsistent.

Man, Sunday can't come soon enough

BParcells777
01-05-2012, 05:00 PM

A little on the Offense

This Atlanta fan politely comes here and offers to share his knowledge with us. Did you bother to read any of his original post? I suggest you go back and read the very first sentence.
Show some class man.

I would think this would be an exciting time for them.....whats your problem?
Can they play with the Giants........we'll see Sunday.....wont we?
I dont recall seeing a lot of highlight reel on this team.....to me they seem like a solid but overachieving group much like Dallas or the Jets.....I'd be suprised if they can take our heat.....but I've been surprised by the Skins so anything is possible....possible, not probable.

The Giants problem has never been talent, its been motivation......right now I'd say they are a motivated dangerous team

YOU know what.........I WANT to go to New Orleans.....I do not want to leave any doubt we were the best team this year.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 05:15 PM

A little on the Offense

Show some class man.

I would think this would be an exciting time for them.....whats your problem?
Can they play with the Giants........we'll see Sunday.....wont we?
I dont recall seeing a lot of highlight reel on this team.....to me they seem like a solid but overachieving group much like Dallas or the Jets.....I'd be suprised if they can take our heat.....but I've been surprised by the Skins so anything is possible....possible, not probable.

The Giants problem has never been talent, its been motivation......right now I'd say they are a motivated dangerous team

YOU know what.........I WANT to go to New Orleans.....I do not want to leave any doubt we were the best team this year.

Falcon fans BEWARE, do not feed Jakk.

pino
01-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Enigma, your gif is hilarious. What game was that?

BParcells777
01-05-2012, 06:16 PM

As soon as they get the correct defensive players on the field that they want they will run it and do it successfully. The reason why they will be successful against a supreme pass rush is because we also run out of our no huddle and the go-go-go will have your pass rush tired with no chance to rest or sub out.

The Falcons have been known to practice in 124db crowd noise to prepare for the Detroit lions game. Article below... so the fact that they will be out doors with less crowd noise will actually make it easier for them. I was at the Detroit game and couldn't believe how loud it was but falcons seemed to have no problem running the no-huddle.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/atlanta-falcons/2011/10/20/2503389/falcons-vs-lions-crowd-noise-practice

The no huddle is effective for every team that runs it and has a good passing game.......the trouble is you cannot run it all day long......eventually your own players tire....its playing with fire too, pass on the Giants all day your going to get intercepted, and your QB will take some severe hits

Falcons12
01-05-2012, 06:28 PM

A little on the Offense

Im most concerned that your fan support is dropping. Playoff tickets still for sale and tons on Stub hub. Not looking good for the g-MEN.

G-Man67
01-05-2012, 06:30 PM

oh you'll fit right in here! ... about every other post here is how our coaches are to blame for passes being dropped and poor run blocking

so long as there isn't much wind, we should see some points and i would expect some drama on Sunday with both QBs track record of playing their best football in the 4th Qtr.