PDA

View Full Version : Does Eli ever show up to any of the sporting events in NYC?

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 08:59 PM
The reason I'm asking is because I'm listening to the Bulls @ Pistons game on my phone and they were interviewing Stafford.

Also, last week I saw Cam Newton at the Heat @ Bobcats game and Wade and LeBron was taunting him, imitating his Superman celebration.

I know Eli and Peyton use to play each other in hoop so I know they at least got a lil interest in basketball. I just can't recall seeing him at a Yankees or Knicks game showing his NYC pride.

This isn't a bash Eli thread, just something I was thinkig about when they interviewed Stafford. Post some pics if you got em.

Drez
01-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Yes. He shows up to the ones held at the Medowlands on Sundays.

gradstang
01-04-2012, 09:06 PM
hes busy preparing for the next opponent.

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Yes. He shows up to the ones held at the Medowlands on Sundays.ok.... NEXT. Only for the mature.

MikeIsaGiant
01-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Don't think so, and really don't care if he does or doesn't.

Mindset is on football perhaps

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Cruz was just at the Knicks game the other day....</P>

</P>

I believe Eli has been spotted at Yankees games before. I don't think he likes the attention like other celebrities do.</P>

Drez
01-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Yes. He shows up to the ones held at the Medowlands on Sundays.ok.... NEXT. Only for the mature.</P>

A little sensitve are we? Jesus, it was a freaking joke. Relax.</P>

Honestly, I think Eli is a family guy/homebody. I think he enjoys spending his time at home with his wife and daughter.</P>

From what I remember seeing a couple years ago in a video he also has a sweet film room at home.</P>

</P>

jomo
01-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Yes. He shows up to the ones held at the Medowlands on Sundays.ok.... NEXT. Only for the mature.?? We just captured the NFC East Divisiontitle for the first time in a long time, Can we have some fun and not chew on each other for some humorous comments?

Furiator
01-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I Saw him at a Yankees game once.

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 09:23 PM

*</P>

I believe Eli has been spotted at Yankees games before.* I don't think he likes the attention like other celebrities do.</P>I don't think they do it for attention. They just be out spending a night on the town. He is human right? I'm pretty sure his wife would like to paint the city blue every now and then.

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Yes. He shows up to the ones held at the Medowlands on Sundays.ok.... NEXT. Only for the mature.?? We just captured the *NFC East Division*title for the first time in a long time, Can we have some fun and not chew on each other for some humorous comments?This guy Drez always got something sarcastic to say. Just answer the question and cut the jokes.

Drez
01-04-2012, 09:28 PM

</P>

I believe Eli has been spotted at Yankees games before. I don't think he likes the attention like other celebrities do.</P>

I don't think they do it for attention. They just be out spending a night on the town. He is human right? I'm pretty sure his wife would like to paint the city blue every now and then.</P>

I know MMB ran into Eli out at dinner one night, some steakhouse or another.I think Eli was with his wife and another Giant, but I can't remember who.</P>

Honestly,I think both Eli and Abby like to keep things relatively low key.</P>

Itlan
01-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Yes. He shows up to the ones held at the Medowlands on Sundays.ok.... NEXT. Only for the mature.How is that being immature? It's completely accurate. Eli cares about the Giants and football.

Take the tampon out of your ***.

Drez
01-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes. He shows up to the ones held at the Medowlands on Sundays.ok.... NEXT. Only for the mature.?? We just captured the NFC East Divisiontitle for the first time in a long time, Can we have some fun and not chew on each other for some humorous comments?This guy Drez always got something sarcastic to say. Just answer the question and cut the jokes.</P>

Maybe you just need to learn how to joke around and have fun.</P>

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-04-2012, 09:34 PM

</P>

I don't think they do it for attention. They just be out spending a night on the town. He is human right? I'm pretty sure his wife would like to paint the city blue every now and then.</P>

After the superbowl win I remember a lot of Giants showing up at the Knicks game and eating up the attentin when they were shown on the big screen. Might not be the reason they were there, but they sure enjoyed it :)</P>

</P>

Furiator
01-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Last time I checked East Rutherford is not in New York City ;)

But that was funny.

Slunk3AM
01-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Yes. He shows up to the ones held at the Medowlands on Sundays.ok.... NEXT. Only for the mature.?? We just captured the *NFC East Division*title for the first time in a long time, Can we have some fun and not chew on each other for some humorous comments?This guy Drez always got something sarcastic to say. Just answer the question and cut the jokes.</P>

Do you guys think NFL quarterbacks could knock your teeth out with a football if they threw it 50 yards away from your face?

Drez
01-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Yes. He shows up to the ones held at the Medowlands on Sundays.ok.... NEXT. Only for the mature.?? We just captured the NFC East Divisiontitle for the first time in a long time, Can we have some fun and not chew on each other for some humorous comments?This guy Drez always got something sarcastic to say. Just answer the question and cut the jokes.</P>

Do you guys think NFL quarterbacks could knock your teeth out with a football if they threw it 50 yards away from your face?</P>

Probably not from 50 yards, but maybe from 30 or under, lol.</P>

Unless you're a meth head. Then yes.</P>

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Yes. He shows up to the ones held at the Medowlands on Sundays.ok.... NEXT. Only for the mature.?? We just captured the *NFC East Division*title for the first time in a long time, Can we have some fun and not chew on each other for some humorous comments?This guy Drez always got something sarcastic to say. Just answer the question and cut the jokes.</P>

Maybe you just need to learn how to joke around and have fun.</P>I got a big sense of humor but you're one of those posters that gotta pick a debate with everything I say... it's irritating.. I can't tell if you're joking or not.

XxBigWhitxX
01-04-2012, 10:59 PM

*</P>

I believe Eli has been spotted at Yankees games before.* I don't think he likes the attention like other celebrities do.</P>

I know MMB ran into Eli out at dinner one night, some steakhouse or another.*I think Eli was with his wife and another Giant, but I can't remember who.</P>

Honestly,*I think both Eli and Abby like to keep things relatively low key.</P>I believe he was there with the traitor Smith.

XxBigWhitxX
01-04-2012, 11:01 PM

Do you guys think NFL quarterbacks could knock your teeth out with a football if they threw it 50 yards away from your face?only guys I think can do that are Rodgers, Vick, Big ben, and I guess Newton.

dave56dj
01-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Tangent story alert -

Just got back from the Knicks game and Tuck was front row - as soon as they showed him I stood and applauded. Some guy told me to sit down - I kindly told him i was giving a standing O to a player who gave and continues to give me a lot of joy by playing well for my favorite team.

He responded - "Yep that sounds ok - GO BLUE. "

Halfway through the game - as the knicks were putrid - we started a lets go giant chant - which went throughout the garden. Lets go Blue you got all of NY behind you.

This is the most immature post ive ever had but im just so excited for sunday.

BornLegend
01-04-2012, 11:58 PM
Tangent story alert -

Just got back from the Knicks game and Tuck was front row - as soon as they showed him I stood and applauded. Some guy told me to sit down - I kindly told him i was giving a standing O to a player who gave and continues to give me a lot of joy by playing well for my favorite team.

He responded - "Yep that sounds ok - GO BLUE. "

Halfway through the game - as the knicks were putrid - we started a lets go giant chant - which went throughout the garden. Lets go Blue you got all of NY behind you.

This is the most immature post ive ever had but im just so excited for sunday.It's not immature... it's the kind of answer I was looking for. I was just trying to see a different side of Eli. Thanks for the comment bro. I'll be at the Garden when the Bulls visit.

dave56dj
01-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Well born after the 2007 superbowl the knicks trotted out many of the giants one by one. Eli was not one of them. I know that he does go to sporting events but during the football season i think he lays low and to me I absolutely love that.

The guy is a football rat. He eats film and playbooks all week long. Personally i think he gets enough attention as it is (im still not sure he really likes it - but deals with it well) and i think he just doesnt need anymore. The other guys like tuck cruz and all the rest that go are definitely in the NY eye - but nothing like our QB.

By the way another reason i love eli - while he is super competitive and will show emotion with the media he is a pure company man - he knows every cliche he seems to believe in them and never says anything too risky (the ELITE comments were probably the most risque but what else was he gonna say). I love that about eli - he doesnt give the competition any bulletin board stuff and he is so even keel it - IMO - keeps the team even win or lose.

Stay home and prepare Eli - fine with me.

BornLegend
01-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Well born after the 2007 superbowl the knicks trotted out many of the giants one by one. Eli was not one of them. I know that he does go to sporting events but during the football season i think he lays low and to me I absolutely love that.

The guy is a football rat. He eats film and playbooks all week long. Personally i think he gets enough attention as it is (im still not sure he really likes it - but deals with it well) and i think he just doesnt need anymore. The other guys like tuck cruz and all the rest that go are definitely in the NY eye - but nothing like our QB.

By the way another reason i love eli - while he is super competitive and will show emotion with the media he is a pure company man - he knows every cliche he seems to believe in them and never says anything too risky (the ELITE comments were probably the most risque but what else was he gonna say). I love that about eli - he doesnt give the competition any bulletin board stuff and he is so even keel it - IMO - keeps the team even win or lose.

Stay home and prepare Eli - fine with me.I hear ya and not to talk about basketball but that's what I love about D Rose. He's a humble kid, a student of the game and an absolute killer on the court.

Eli is a very even keeled guy and I always had this image of football players as being aggressive. I'm learning to truly accept Eli for who he is. He's not gonna scream and yell, make a lot of noise, draw extra attention to himself but on the field he's gonna be that warrior that puts it all out there... win or lose.

I'm hoping that the defense, even though they have been playing well as of late, can pick it up a notch, create some turnovers and take a lil bit more pressure off the offense. I wanna see 4 quarters of domination this weekend. I haven't seen a Giants blowout in a while, I'm hungry for one.

CTLadyBlue
01-05-2012, 07:42 AM
I don't see Eli as the 'sports figure which needs to be seen out and about' type. He's very reserved, quiet and family oriented.

I mean, it's not like he's ever gonna head to Cabo the week before a big game or anything!

chasjay
01-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Yes. He shows up to the ones held at the Medowlands on Sundays.ok.... NEXT. Only for the mature.?? We just captured the NFC East Divisiontitle for the first time in a long time, Can we have some fun and not chew on each other for some humorous comments?This guy Drez always got something sarcastic to say. Just answer the question and cut the jokes.</p>

Maybe you just need to learn how to joke around and have fun.</p>

Do you guys think NFL quarterbacks could knock your teeth out with a football if they threw it 50 yards away from your face?

They could probably knock mine off the nightstand!!

BornLegend
01-05-2012, 12:27 PM
I don't see Eli as the 'sports figure which needs to be seen out and about' type. He's very reserved, quiet and family oriented.

I mean, it's not like he's ever gonna head to Cabo the week before a big game or anything!I guess I'm used to seeing sport figures or celebs throwing out the 1st pitch at Yankees stadium. Eli most likely has a beautiful, luxurious home but I think him being the QB of "The New York Football Giants" it's cool if he shows up every now and then, shake some hands, sign some autographs, watch a game, take some pics, show his wife a good time in NYC and the Tri State area. All football all the time? Sounds boring.

BornLegend
01-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Yes. He shows up to the ones held at the Medowlands on Sundays.ok.... NEXT. Only for the mature.?? We just captured the *NFC East Division*title for the first time in a long time, Can we have some fun and not chew on each other for some humorous comments?This guy Drez always got something sarcastic to say. Just answer the question and cut the jokes.</p>

Maybe you just need to learn how to joke around and have fun.</p>

They could probably knock mine off the nightstand!!
LOL

Giantsin04
01-05-2012, 12:35 PM
****in Eli !!! First you throw on those brown shoes, and now NO KNICK GAMES. Mother ****er !!!!!!

BornLegend
01-05-2012, 12:37 PM
****in Eli !!! First you throw on those brown shoes, and now NO KNICK GAMES. Mother ****er !!!!!!Stop it, I wasn't bashing him. I was just wondering. It's not that serious at all and doesn't make me look at him no different as a person. Just killing time before the game.

Giantsin04
01-05-2012, 12:39 PM
****in Eli !!! First you throw on those brown shoes, and now NO KNICK GAMES. Mother ****er !!!!!!Stop it, I wasn't bashing him. I was just wondering. It's not that serious at all and doesn't make me look at him no different as a person. Just killing time before the game.

Just a joke my man.