PDA

View Full Version : 1:00 game fans vs 8:20 game fans

Bones911
01-04-2012, 10:11 PM
First I'm very excited to see a Giant Playoff game. I will not be there but I notice our 1:00 games we haven't played our best.

Tom Coughlin thanked the 12th man this week for really showing support.

When we have night games I notice the fans are younger, drunker, and louder then fans who attend games at 1:00 who are usually older, have had season tickets since the beginning of time and usually are quieter, more reserved and sit back like its an opera.

Will the 12th man be at home watching the game rather than in the cold barren stadium?

Will this have an impact this weekend?

scf424
01-04-2012, 10:13 PM
If they can't get excited for a playoff game, I don't know what to say, honestly.

Bones911
01-04-2012, 10:20 PM
I was at the playoff game a few years ago against the Eagirls and the stadium was very quiet and the old guy next to me wouldn't let me get up and yell, as if I was annoying them.

jomo
01-04-2012, 10:22 PM
First I'm very excited to see a Giant Playoff game. I will not be there but I notice our 1:00 games we haven't played our best. Tom Coughlin thanked the 12th man this week for really showing support. When we have night games I notice the fans are younger, drunker, and louder then fans who attend games at 1:00 who are usually older, have had season tickets since the beginning of time and usually are quieter, more reserved and sit back like its an opera. Will the 12th man be at home watching the game rather than in the cold barren stadium? Will this have an impact this weekend?No

TrueBlue07
01-04-2012, 10:23 PM
a lot of season ticket holders didnt take their tickets or are putting them on stubhub so im hoping that helps

btw, how ridiculous is it that we have to hope our season ticket holders dont go to playoff games so the place can be loud?

Itlan
01-04-2012, 10:28 PM
I was at the playoff game a few years ago against the Eagirls and the stadium was very quiet and the old guy next to me wouldn't let me get up and yell, as if I was annoying them.Wouldn't let you? Tell the old man to piss off, go die in a corner somewhere, chug a beer, smash it over his head, and keep screaming man!

jomo
01-04-2012, 10:30 PM
a lot of season ticket holders didnt take their tickets or are putting them on stubhub so im hoping that helps

btw, how ridiculous is it that we have to hope our season ticket holders dont go to playoff games so the place can be loud?
Are you a season ticket holder?

TrueBlue07
01-04-2012, 10:33 PM

Nope, wasn't able to make that "great investment" in a PSL.

KidA
01-04-2012, 10:34 PM
The fans definitely look more energetic at night games. That being said, the Giants usually make fools out of themselves when they have a national audience.

TrueBlue07
01-04-2012, 10:35 PM
I was at the playoff game a few years ago against the Eagirls and the stadium was very quiet and the old guy next to me wouldn't let me get up and yell, as if I was annoying them.Wouldn't let you? Tell the old man to piss off, go die in a corner somewhere, chug a beer, smash it over his head, and keep screaming man!

I was once told to sit down while cheering for the first pitch at a Yankee playoff game at the new place....but the atmosphere there sucks now too

MikeyMike01
01-04-2012, 10:39 PM
If you want to place blame on anything for a stadium that isn't rocking, it's those damn PSLs that drive away real fans.

jomo
01-04-2012, 10:40 PM

Well I am and I canspeakto what I witnessed first handinmy section last week. All the ticket holders were in their seats, some young, some old and a bunch in the middle. I've been to all the games and have seen random people around for lesser games but against Dallas all the regulars were there and it was an 8:30 start and it was really loud. Let's hope the regulars are there for this week's 1PM start! Go Blue!</P>

</P>

TrueBlue07
01-04-2012, 10:43 PM

Well I am and I can authoritativelyspeak for my section last week. All the ticket holders were in their seats. I've been to all the games and have seen random people around for lesser games but against Dallas all the regulars were there and it was an 8:30 start and it was really loud. Let's hope the regulars are there for this week's 1PM start! Go Blue!</p>

</p>

I should have been more specific, I did not mean all season ticket holders. I know about 10 or so who go every home game and they bring the noise too. But it is frustrating to see some of the older people go and not only want to sit on their hands, but get annoyed when everyone around them doesn't follow suit.

I hope you guys bring the noise again this week! (and they give you a reason to cheer)

jomo
01-04-2012, 10:48 PM

Well I am and I can authoritativelyspeak for my section last week. All the ticket holders were in their seats. I've been to all the games and have seen random people around for lesser games but against Dallas all the regulars were there and it was an 8:30 start and it was really loud. Let's hope the regulars are there for this week's 1PM start! Go Blue!</P>

</P>

I should have been more specific, I did not mean all season ticket holders. I know about 10 or so who go every home game and they bring the noise too. But it is frustrating to see some of the older people go and not only want to sit on their hands, but get annoyed when everyone around them doesn't follow suit.

I hope you guys bring the noise again this week! (and they give you a reason to cheer)
[B]P.S. the PSL's are too expensive and so are ticket prices. In my section, on game day last week against Dallas for the NFC East Championship, I could barely get my face value of the tickets if I sold them on Ticketmaster. Thankfully I can afford them but that doesn't make them a good value. Go Blue!

TrueBlue07
01-04-2012, 10:55 PM
Ya man, I was on the waiting list for a few years...I mentioned this in another thread, but I was 88K on the list and they burned through the hole list and got to me. I couldn't afford the 7500 PSL plus the price of tickets so I had to pass. They were so hard up they called me back the next year even after I was removed from the list.

I think they're having the same issues you had last week again this week. There were 8300 or so tix on stubhub around 230 today. I checked again at 345 and there were 5300. I would love to know where those 3K tickets went, there is no way people bought them up that quickly

Falcons12
01-04-2012, 10:56 PM
From a falcons fan traveling to your home, I hope it's energetic. Hurt us or not, you guys should be real fans. Can't wait to see how loud it gets because it can get pretty darn loud in the dome.

As for the lame fans that sit next to me in our stadium in ATL. I got tired of the same guy telling me to sit down. I held it in until finally I turned around and said " I paid a lot of money for these three seats and I will be here the entire season, if you don't like tough sh&t, so go F#@k yourself". I then turned around and never heard another peep all season. However, it did not bide well with my girlfriend. I'm not a violent person either. Oh well, it's a freaking game, stay at home if you want to be lame and sit in your seat.

Rise up falcons!!

TrueBlue07
01-04-2012, 10:59 PM
From a falcons fan traveling to your home, I hope it's energetic. Hurt us or not, you guys should be real fans. Can't wait to see how loud it gets because it can get pretty darn loud in the dome.

As for the lame fans that sit next to me in our stadium in ATL. I got tired of the same guy telling me to sit down. I held it in until finally I turned around and said " I paid a lot of money for these three seats and I will be here the entire season, if you don't like tough sh&amp;t, so shut the F#@k up". I then turned around and never heard another peep all season. However, it did not bide well with my girlfriend. Oh well, it's a freaking game, stay at home if you want to be lame and sit in your seat.

Rise up falcons!!

Giant fans can be very loud, IF things are going well. Or at least not terrible. If the game is close expect a good crowd, but if the team is down and looks to the crowd for energy more times than not they won't get it.

GameTime
01-04-2012, 11:13 PM
I have been going to Giants games for 20 years and the have always expreienced some fans who didnt want to get up or whatever. Nothing new at all. Also if they are sucking the crowd is out of it for sure. In games like that they will get up for a 3rd down defensive stand but if the D fails.....crickets. </P>

BUT&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I have been to a few playoff games and the crowd is nuts when they are playing well. This Sunday will be no different because they will play with high energy. </P>

I get upall the time and ifI get comments to sitI will yell at other fans to GTFU and yell.....I have gotten very loud several times at fans who dont want to get up. If they are old dudes (like 70)I am cool to them but if they arent senior citizens I will tell them get up and cheer. </P>

</P>

miked1958
01-04-2012, 11:27 PM
First I'm very excited to see a Giant Playoff game. I will not be there but I notice our 1:00 games we haven't played our best.

When we have night games I notice the fans are younger, drunker, and louder then fans who attend games at 1:00 who are usually older, have had season tickets since the beginning of time and usually are quieter, more reserved and sit back like its an opera.

Will the 12th man be at home watching the game rather than in the cold barren stadium?

Yea, I never understood how true gmen fans old or not go to a game like they are at a movie or opera like u said where they would get in trouble for making any noise.
Guess they don't realize how important a rowdy crowd can be in helping the team to victory.

I have been to super dome a few times including that blowout loss in 09. Trust me, it's LOUD and very intimidating to opposing teams. Big difference in outside stadium but we could be louder and shoe more life, like we give a darn

lnp12
01-05-2012, 12:56 AM
I was at the game on Sunday and I can honestly say the place was ROCKING. I've never seen a giants crowd so energetic, loud, and brash to opposing fans. I heard countless "*******" chants and saw a bunch of "Dallas sucks" shirts...my dad, who's been a fan since the 70s, said he's never seen such a boisterous crowd. It was awesome!

But I really don't know how many of those type of fans will be there this Sunday. I'm hoping just as many because it definitely had an impact; 3rd down and the place went crazy for a stop on defense, and almost always got it.

Firenugget
01-05-2012, 05:50 AM
First I'm very excited to see a Giant Playoff game. I will not be there but <u>I notice our 1:00 games we haven't played our best</u>.

Actually we're 3-2 at 1:00. Better than any other time slot by one game.[:P]

Someone asked in another thread so I checked. It broke down to this-

2-3@ 4:00pm (Sunday)

2-1@ 8:00pm (Sunday)

1-1@ 8:00pm (Monday)

3-2@ 1:00pm (Sunday)

1-0@ 1:00pm (Saturday-Jets game)

Voldamort
01-05-2012, 07:38 AM
Loud and Proud give it all you got!!

SweetZombieJesus
01-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Giant fans can be very loud, IF things are going well. Or at least not terrible. If the game is close expect a good crowd, but if the team is down and looks to the crowd for energy more times than not they won't get it.

This, it definitely is a snowballing force multiplier, good or bad. I was at the 2000 NFC Championship Game when they routed the Vikings, I think my voice was gone for two weeks. Never heard the old place so loud, and the building was shaking from the foot stomping. But if they lay an egg people will be heading for the stands in the 3rd quarter and it will be like a church.

The attitude is definitely "give me something to cheer for"... If you're looking for sympathetic "come on team, rah rah rah" cheering, you aren't going to get very much of it. The crowd boos with their silence, and when you hear boos it's really bad.

Giantsin04
01-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Giant fans can be very loud, IF things are going well.* Or at least not terrible.* If the game is close expect a good crowd, but if the team is down and looks to the crowd for energy more times than not they won't get it.

This, it definitely is a snowballing force multiplier, good or bad.* I was at the 2000 NFC Championship Game when they routed the Vikings, I think my voice was gone for two weeks.* Never heard the old place so loud, and the building was shaking from the foot stomping.* But if they lay an egg people will be heading for the stands in the 3rd quarter and it will be like a church.

The attitude is definitely "give me something to cheer for"...* If you're looking for sympathetic "come on team, rah rah rah" cheering, you aren't going to get very much of it.* The crowd boos with their silence, and when you hear boos it's really bad.

Why do you leave that Coughlin collapse deal up in you sig? We just went 3-1 down the stretch to win the division. That's a monster 4th quarter of the season.

RoanokeFan
01-05-2012, 09:41 AM

This is an offensive post to long time season ticket holders, of which I am one. I am the loudest and, some might say most obnoxious, fan in my section and I've had my tickets for 30 years. The people I see not making any noise are those I would classify as "yuppies." It's like it would be un-PC to actually cheer or claop their hands in public. At last Sunday's game, I didn't sit down except at half time. neither did anyone else in our section except for the demoralized Dallas fans sprinkled around.

I don't know on what information you base your premise but if the people in your section don't cheer maybe you need to lead them along. Now I will say it's hard to cheer when there is nothing to cheer about going on between the lines on the field. But that's a different issue.

BlueJayC
01-05-2012, 09:52 AM
First I'm very excited to see a Giant Playoff game. I will not be there but I notice our 1:00 games we haven't played our best. Tom Coughlin thanked the 12th man this week for really showing support. When we have night games I notice the fans are younger, drunker, and louder then fans who attend games at 1:00 who are usually older, have had season tickets since the beginning of time and usually are quieter, more reserved and sit back like its an opera. Will the 12th man be at home watching the game rather than in the cold barren stadium? Will this have an impact this weekend?

This is an offensive post to long time season ticket holders, of which I am one. I am the loudest and, some might say most obnoxious, fan in my section and I've had my tickets for 30 years. The people I see not making any noise are those I would classify as "yuppies." It's like it would be un-PC to actually cheer or claop their hands in public. At last Sunday's game, I didn't sit down except at half time. neither did anyone else in our section except for the demoralized Dallas fans sprinkled around.

I don't know on what information you base your premise but if the people in your section don't cheer maybe you need to lead them along. Now I will say it's hard to cheer when there is nothing to cheer about going on between the lines on the field. But that's a different issue.
</P>

100% accurate RF.....first off the 1:00pm Redskin game had a GREAT crowd buth the Giants didn't show up.....hell we were standing even in the 3rd when the game was a blowout so save the 8:30 crowd garbage.</P>

AAAANNNND.....all those "old fans" you refer to are on line with me at 6:30am waiting for the gates to open and tailgating in line at their carsfor 1pm games......it's the young slouches too blame that bought tickets to the game through stub-hub and are too hungover from the night before to make it to the stadium early for 1pm'ers....and when they do finally get up at 11am and get to the game at 12pm they quickly pound a bottle of Vodka and are either thrown out or passed out by the second quarter leaving empty seats or snoring during crucial plays......</P>