PDA

View Full Version : I finally figured out whats different about Eli this year

BParcells777
01-04-2012, 10:21 PM
He throws the ball away when he senses danger, or no one is open.........the old Eli always tried to squeeze it in and got a lot of UN-necesary INTs

Rudyy
01-04-2012, 10:25 PM
You don't say?

FlyingTruck
01-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious.

gmen0820
01-04-2012, 10:27 PM
He throws the ball away when he senses danger, or no one is open.........the old Eli always tried to squeeze it in and got a lot of UN-necesary INTs
Yes it is. This point should not be taking lightly as it is probably one of if not the sole reason for his success this year.

Eli leads the league in throw aways under pressure with 28. Last year he was 15th in the league with 12. Eli is so much more decisive and in command, especially in the pocket. Eli really turned his game around this year. If he were to continue what he was doing last year into this year, as one of the most heavily pressured QBs, his INT % would have been sky high.

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Yes it is. This point should not be taking lightly as it is probably one of if not the sole reason for his success this year.

Eli leads the league in throw aways under pressure with 28. Last year he was 15th in the league with 12. Eli is so much more decisive and in command, especially in the pocket. Eli really turned his game around this year. If he were to continue what he was doing last year into this year, as one of the most heavily pressured QBs, his INT % would have been sky high.

wow impressive info thanks man. To think that the difference in his game from this to last year was one or two throw aways a game.

giantsfan420
01-04-2012, 10:38 PM

double post sorry

gmen0820
01-04-2012, 11:21 PM

wow impressive info thanks man. To think that the difference in his game from this to last year was one or two throw aways a game.No problem. Eli has really done some special things this year.

jjj45
01-04-2012, 11:26 PM
You don't say?

Thank you Captain Obvious.You guys are both jerks...

miked1958
01-04-2012, 11:34 PM

Yes we were talking about that in the Dallas game when he had pressure he got rid of it to sidelines or deep overthrow out of endzone. He could of got rid of ball on one of two sacks I think.

But that's the other thing. He is willing to take a sack this year rather then try to heave it up hope someone gets it and it got picked last year. He won't risk the turnover.

Also this year he has not floated the ball and has zipped in passes with pin point timing. He is way more on target and has also leaned to slide.. Lol

Rudyy
01-04-2012, 11:44 PM
You don't say?

oh hey

jjj45
01-04-2012, 11:48 PM
You don't say?

oh heyThats all you got? ;)

NYSPORTS
01-05-2012, 12:16 AM
I believe it's well known that shrinks or psych majors can figure out everybody's problems but not their very own.

GMen869007
01-05-2012, 03:54 AM
He is far more decisive, and there are far fewer delay of game penalties and burning up timeouts before the play clock expires. I've always been an Eli supporter, but that was one thing that always bothered me up until this season.

giantyankee1976
01-05-2012, 07:28 AM
I was going to go with he could give a flap less what his critics say and better ball safety, plus he throwing more from his front foot as supposed to his back which often results in fluttering passes, ugly lobs, underthrows, but...

seriously, he really meant what he said about "elite" status- i.e his confidence is way up and it shows

Voldamort
01-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Wow brilliant!

SweetZombieJesus
01-05-2012, 07:35 AM
He's also sliding feet first instead of diving head-first and fumbling the ball untouched.

burier
01-05-2012, 10:46 AM

I thought the difference this year was that he was "No longer stepping in a bucket"

jjj45
01-05-2012, 11:54 AM
You don't say?

lol I love busting truck.

So what are you guys cooking for the game?

Rudyy
01-05-2012, 09:57 PM
You don't say?

oh heyThats all you got?** ;)

You're the best.

jjj45
01-05-2012, 10:26 PM
You don't say?

You're the best.Tell me something I don't know [;)]

Zaggs
01-05-2012, 10:29 PM

No shiz. You would have learned this simply by listening to him in the pre-season when he said he was going to cut down on the INT's.

JJC7301
01-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious.
No pointing in knocking this post as obvious -- it should have been obvious to Eli a looonnng time ago. I love that he's our QB, but that is one fair knock against him during his career.

FlyingTruck
01-05-2012, 10:34 PM
You don't say?

LOL JJJ! Rudy!!
Got to be laying the smack down around here lol. jk.

Yeah I guess something finally clicked in Eli's pretty little head.

Rudyy
01-06-2012, 12:50 AM
You don't say?

LOL JJJ! Rudy!!
Got to be laying the smack down around here lol. jk.

Yeah I guess something finally clicked in Eli's pretty little head. Haha, no sandwiches for you.

DragonSoul
01-06-2012, 01:22 AM
after 16 games you have finally figured it out huh? Says a lot ;-D

BParcells777
01-06-2012, 08:52 AM

It did not take me 16 game to figure out a number of you are clowns and losers

BParcells777
01-06-2012, 08:52 AM

It did not take me 16 games to figure out a number of you are clowns and losers

Morehead State
01-06-2012, 09:21 AM
Yes it is. This point should not be taking lightly as it is probably one of if not the sole reason for his success this year. Eli leads the league in throw aways under pressure with 28. Last year he was 15th in the league with 12. Eli is so much more decisive and in command, especially in the pocket. Eli really turned his game around this year. If he were to continue what he was doing last year into this year, as one of the most heavily pressured QBs, his INT % would have been sky high. wow impressive info thanks man. To think that the difference in his game from this to last year was one or two throw aways a game.</P>

When they have been picks in the past?........Yes it actually <U>IS</U> a big deal.</P>

byron
01-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Eli's gameis coming along nicely...