PDA

View Full Version : Why I believe the Giants have a chance at a run.

DragonSoul
01-05-2012, 12:36 AM
I think most will agree with this assessment. They always seem to get up for the big game.

Look at most of our losses. Skins x2, Seattle, Vince w/Eagles. Apparently there was no fire to show up.

Yet all the tough games on the schedule except for NO, they decided to play. We lost to SF on final drive because of there DT and a tipped ball (kudos to him but horrible play calling that game), we lost to GB (no need to get into this one).

So they seem to get up for nearly every big game. Even the Jets and the final cowboys game (even 1st cowboys game when at that time they needed the win or else) they decided to show up, specifically the defense.

I guess they felt in those earlier losses it was not a big deal, if they win so be it, if not they can rebound down the road. Yet vs the top tier teams they either beat or went down to the wire, and the final 2 games of the season they had to win or it was over.

Since they are in the playoffs I can see them being up for those games a bit more then during the regular season, as the obviously mean much more. Then they now have something to prove, since they can face 3 of the teams they lost two and finally there is 1 loss and your out.

Should be an interesting ride (knock on wood). I would be a lot more worried if we got beaten badly by all those teams, but we didn't and at times we were not putting out our full team based on inures as well.

Besides all our IR guys I feel we will be the healthiest and may have all other hands on deck for the first time all year.

jomo
01-05-2012, 12:43 AM
I think most will agree with this assessment. They always seem to get up for the big game. Look at most of our losses. Skins x2, Seattle, Vince w/Eagles. Apparently there was no fire to show up. Yet all the tough games on the schedule except for NO, they decided to play. We lost to SF on final drive because of there DT and a tipped ball (kudos to him but horrible play calling that game), we lost to GB (no need to get into this one). So they seem to get up for nearly every big game. Even the Jets and the final cowboys game (even 1st cowboys game when at that time they needed the win or else) they decided to show up, specifically the defense. I guess they felt in those earlier losses it was not a big deal, if they win so be it, if not they can rebound down the road. Yet vs the top tier teams they either beat or went down to the wire, and the final 2 games of the season they had to win or it was over. Since they are in the playoffs I can see them being up for those games a bit more then during the regular season, as the obviously mean much more. Then they now have something to prove, since they can face 3 of the teams they lost two and finally there is 1 loss and your out. Should be an interesting ride (knock on wood). I would be a lot more worried if we got beaten badly by all those teams, but we didn't and at times we were not putting out our full team based on inures as well. Besides all our IR guys I feel we will be the healthiest and may have all other hands on deck for the first time all year.Totally agree plus our defense hasn't played this well all season. Over the past 2 games we are so much better on D. Let's keep it up.

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 12:48 AM
I think most will agree with this assessment. They always seem to get up for the big game.

Look at most of our losses. Skins x2, Seattle, Vince w/Eagles. Apparently there was no fire to show up.

Yet all the tough games on the schedule except for NO, they decided to play. We lost to SF on final drive because of there DT and a tipped ball (kudos to him but horrible play calling that game), we lost to GB (no need to get into this one).

So they seem to get up for nearly every big game. Even the Jets and the final cowboys game (even 1st cowboys game when at that time they needed the win or else) they decided to show up, specifically the defense.

I guess they felt in those earlier losses it was not a big deal, if they win so be it, if not they can rebound down the road. Yet vs the top tier teams they either beat or went down to the wire, and the final 2 games of the season they had to win or it was over.

Since they are in the playoffs I can see them being up for those games a bit more then during the regular season, as the obviously mean much more. Then they now have something to prove, since they can face 3 of the teams they lost two and finally there is 1 loss and your out.

Should be an interesting ride (knock on wood). I would be a lot more worried if we got beaten badly by all those teams, but we didn't and at times we were not putting out our full team based on inures as well.

Besides all our IR guys I feel we will be the healthiest and may have all other hands on deck for the first time all year.

i agree. i been saying this for a week now and made a bunch of threads about the very points u mention.

this team is peaking right now. and aside from a few analysts and beat writers, we've been largely ignored and dismissed...similar to a run we made a few years ago.

this season has set up PERFECTLY for us. we are battle tested, and i think the resiliency will rise in the team. i predicted that we'll actually win this game by a couple scores, like i did for the dallas game.

IF eli can play like he did vs dallas sunday night, and repeat that 3 more times, we'll be in the super bowl. mark it.

hopefully one of our defensive guys is in the locker room getting that "no one believes in us, they all are disrespecting us saying we aren't good enough to do this or that..." that was so effective in 07. we need a pierce in the locker room, hopefully we got a guy doing that under wraps.

BigBlue2010
01-05-2012, 01:15 AM
Wonder how @GB, @NO, SB would compare to @DAL, @GB & NE.

DragonSoul
01-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Wonder how @GB, @NO, SB would compare to @DAL, @GB & NE.Always better, as what have you done lately. But looking from a historic part, might be 07.

BJacobs aka The Problem
01-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Wonder how @GB, @NO, SB would compare to @DAL, @GB & NE.Always better, as what have you done lately. But looking from a historic part, might be 07.

Might end up looking like
@GB, @SF & BAL

I can see the 9ers beating NO @ home. No turf, a little ball control and 9ers have a defense to do it.

gumby742
01-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Biggest reason imo, is that our d is finally playing at least decent. Eli can't carry our team on defense too. If our defense reverts back to their old ways, there's no way in hell we're going anywhere.

burier
01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't fear anyone in the NFC playoffs.

The Saints blew our doors off but so did the packers in 07

Its gonna be tough but I think we can do it.

GameTime
01-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Biggest reason imo, is that our d is finally playing at least decent. Eli can't carry our team on defense too. If our defense reverts back to their old ways, there's no way in hell we're going anywhere.</P>

I agree....</P>

you can be confident Eli and the O will show up. Not they are immune to sucking but this year not o much at all. The D however has only had a few good games. </P>

This game resst on the success of the Dline and the pressure or confusion they will cause. </P>

</P>

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 01:05 AM
worth a bump?

jjj45
01-25-2012, 01:22 AM
worth a bump?Full out Superbowl win would have been better. If you want an honest opinion. :)

JJC7301
01-25-2012, 01:23 AM

giantsfan420
01-25-2012, 01:27 AM

i agree. i been saying this for a week now and made a bunch of threads about the very points u mention.

this team is peaking right now. and aside from a few analysts and beat writers, we've been largely ignored and dismissed...similar to a run we made a few years ago.

this season has set up PERFECTLY for us. we are battle tested, and i think the resiliency will rise in the team. i predicted that we'll actually win this game by a couple scores, like i did for the dallas game.

IF eli can play like he did vs dallas sunday night, and repeat that 3 more times, we'll be in the super bowl. mark it.

hopefully one of our defensive guys is in the locker room getting that "no one believes in us, they all are disrespecting us saying we aren't good enough to do this or that..." that was so effective in 07. we need a pierce in the locker room, hopefully we got a guy doing that under wraps.

thank u for bumping. i was looking for some of the posts i made about how we'd win by a couple scores and how we'd be playing in the sb

DragonSoul
01-25-2012, 02:23 AM
worth a bump?Full out Superbowl win would have been better. If you want an honest opinion. :)
we need topics lol & nice to see some past thoughts/opinions