PDA

View Full Version : Soldier's Giants game Experience

ArmyJintsGuy
01-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Hello all... I have actually been reading the message boards for years now. But never signed up and posted. But after the Dallas game and what I went through, I felt that I had to. I have recently returned from a 2 year tour overseas in Korea (I am in the Army) and currently stationed in Virginia. I grew up in Jersey about 10 minutes from the stadium and have always been a Giants fan. I chose to finally attend a Giants game to bring in the year and in rememberance of the day my mother passed away (she too was a Giants fan)</P>

So here we go.. I drove up about 6 hours from Virginia, and purchased my tickets from Stub Hub. I couldnt find anyone to go with me so I bought a ticket for about $280 in the 200's. I was very excited.After picking them up at the Sheraton I decided to relax a while before I headed to the stadium. Well somehow during that 1 hour, my ticket went missing from my possession. I do not know what happened and was distraught, there was no wayI was about to come this far to miss the game, it meant so much to me. It was an actual ticketand couldnt have it replaced. I went back to Stub Hub to purchase another ticket, all they had were tickets sold in 2's. I called around and found an old Army buddy to go with me (I offered to help him with his ticket)...The tickets I purchased where lower endzone for about $580 (for two). </P>

In ending....yes I spent an insane amount of money to go to this game roughly about $800, and some might call me an idiot. But the experience was priceless and I know if I wouldnt have went I would have regretted it for the rest of my life. I am 38 and have been a fan as far back as I can remember. Going to the game was also in honor of my deceased mother and fallen buddies that were also Giants fans. The place was going wild and I just loved being there with all of the Giants fans. I am proud to serve in the US Army for all of you Giants fans especially. </P>

AllTuckedUp
01-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Great read. Thanks for your service.

BlueJayC
01-05-2012, 09:44 AM
Glad to hear you had a great time....sorry to hear about the ticket mishap....if God forbid something like that happens again with tickets I will gladly give you mine......thanks very much for your service and the I'm sure the Giants are honored to have a true fan such as yourself.

blueomaha
01-05-2012, 09:56 AM
glad you had a great time...felt bad about your ticket situation, but at least you still went to the game...welcome to the NYG mb...and your service is truly appreciated....

OrangeGiant
01-05-2012, 10:00 AM
A true soldier- Adapt, improvise, overcome.</P>

Thank you for all that you do.</P>

GameTime
01-05-2012, 10:47 AM
above and beyond the game in which I am glad you had a great time inspite of the cost and the issues thank you and all the armed service personell for all you do and sacrifice.

nhpgiantsfan
01-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear your ticket story. Glad you were still able to go. Even more glad the Gmen put on a strong performance for you. That 800 would have hurt a lot more if the outcome was different. But most of all, thanks for doing what you do for our country!!

ArmyJintsGuy
01-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Thank you all so much for your appreciation. You all make it worth it to serve. Yes you are right nhpgiantsfan, the money would have been tough to swallow if the outcome woud have been different..lol. I used to be stationed in Texas and had to endure living in Cowboys country, and had to hear them all of the time. I am glad I got the last laugh. I am already looking at tickets for Sundays game. I am still on a high from the last game.

BornLegend
01-05-2012, 12:54 PM
You could've bought yourself a nice flat screen TV and a blu ray player with all that money. J/k... glad you enjoyed yourself and definitely thanks for your service to the country.

ArmyJintsGuy
01-05-2012, 02:37 PM
I was curious if I was to drive up from Virginia for the game, any out of town fan friendly tailgate sections to be able to experience a true Giants tailgate?</P>

GameTime
01-05-2012, 02:40 PM
I was curious if I was to drive up from Virginia for the game, any out of town fan friendly tailgate sections to be able to experience a true Giants tailgate?</P>

</P>

Go up top anybody tailgating in the lot and you will be welcome toparty. Bring a cooler and your good to go. </P>

You need a parking pass to get into the lot though. But you may already know this...</P>

</P>

AllDayEli10
01-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Nice Story, Sorry you lost your ticket. Glad you still went!! Go Big BLUE!!!

jjj45
01-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Hello all... I have actually been reading the message boards for years now. But never signed up and posted. But after the Dallas game and what I went through, I felt that I had to. I have recently returned from a 2 year tour overseas in Korea (I am in the Army) and currently stationed in Virginia. I grew up in Jersey about 10 minutes from the stadium and have always been a Giants fan. I chose to finally attend a Giants game to bring in the year and in rememberance of the day my mother passed away (she too was a Giants fan)</p>

So here we go.. I drove up about 6 hours from Virginia, and purchased my tickets from Stub Hub. I couldnt find anyone to go with me so I bought a ticket for about $280 in the 200's. I was very excited.After picking them up at the Sheraton I decided to relax a while before I headed to the stadium. Well somehow during that 1 hour, my ticket went missing from my possession. I do not know what happened and was distraught, there was no wayI was about to come this far to miss the game, it meant so much to me. It was an actual ticketand couldnt have it replaced. I went back to Stub Hub to purchase another ticket, all they had were tickets sold in 2's. I called around and found an old Army buddy to go with me (I offered to help him with his ticket)...The tickets I purchased where lower endzone for about $580 (for two). </p>

In ending....yes I spent an insane amount of money to go to this game roughly about $800, and some might call me an idiot. But the experience was priceless and I know if I wouldnt have went I would have regretted it for the rest of my life. I am 38 and have been a fan as far back as I can remember. Going to the game was also in honor of my deceased mother and fallen buddies that were also Giants fans. The place was going wild and I just loved being there with all of the Giants fans. I am proud to serve in the US Army for all of you Giants fans especially. </p>Thank you for your service sir.

Your story really resonated with me. Really glad you were able to make the game. John Mara should refund you just for that. lol

ArmyJintsGuy
01-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Thank you everyone! Oh and just finished buying my tickets for Sunday....Section 109 row 28 (Giants sideline).....Excited about the game...just not the 6 hour drive from Virginia...But that's what real fans do!

BornLegend
01-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Thank you everyone! Oh and just finished buying my tickets for Sunday....Section 109 row 28 (Giants sideline).....Excited about the game...just not the 6 hour drive from Virginia...But that's what real fans do!Have fun. I wish I can go to the game but I gotta pay my mortgage and my car note. I'll enjoy the game on my big screen. I'm a real fan but I'm a real family man 1st.

brad
01-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Glad to hear that you had a great time, but sorry to hear about the ticket issue. Thank you for your service and everything that you do!

ArmyJintsGuy
01-05-2012, 09:49 PM
The side benefits of being deployed is being able to save money for stuff like this....lol

fourth&forever
01-05-2012, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the boards
Go Giants
Go Army

kepanis_law
01-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Your story made my day - thank you for your service and GO BIG BLUE!!!

davecrazy
01-06-2012, 12:18 AM
you should of called stubhubs customer service first. Probably would of saved yourself some money.

dave56dj
01-06-2012, 12:32 AM
Armyjintsguy - while we root for big blue and treat them like heroes its men like you who truly deserve that honor.

I know you will be good luck to these boards and The BIG BLUE WRECKING CREW on sunday. But win or lose thank YOU for your efforts for our country.

ArmyJintsGuy
01-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Last week I parked over at the Sheraton($40)and shuttled over ($5)...I was curious how much is general admission parking at the stadium?

Badawg1964
01-06-2012, 10:27 AM
Thank you everyone! Oh and just finished buying my tickets for Sunday....Section 109 row 28 (Giants sideline).....Excited about the game...just not the 6 hour drive from Virginia...But that's what real fans do!

Glad your heading up. If you want, you can tailgate with us. We tailgate in J8. You can inbox me for more details if you want. I do appreciate your service to our country would love to meet you and thank you in person!!
Go G-Men!

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 10:29 AM
THATS dedication

And thanks for kicking *** in our Armed Forces!!!!

greenca190
01-06-2012, 10:41 AM
I'll buy you another ticket for the rights to the movie.

Gianthunter
01-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Pat Hanlon needs to show this thread to Coughlin. ASAP</P>

bubblesmcgee
01-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Great story and thank you for your service

ArmyJintsGuy
01-06-2012, 11:31 AM
lol, Thanks guys... just glad I have been ridiculed...yet at least about the lost ticket. But trust me all of my buddies have already given me a hard time. It would have been something else if I would have run into someone selling tickets and it just happened to be my lost one...lol. </P>

But seriously, I am just glad I am no long in Korea and have to wake up at 2am to watch the games. I have followed the Giants wherever I have been stationed in the world...Korea, Germany, Central America...Middle East. Now just feel blessed I was able to watch them in person and with some of great fans.Even saw a woman in a Bavaro jersey about to beat up a guy for throwing ice at her..lol. Look forward to being there this Sunday!!! </P>