PDA

View Full Version : Parking Pass

araia24
01-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Does anyone have a parking pass that they are selling for sunday?

lnp12
01-05-2012, 10:10 AM
When I went to the game on Sunday, we were following people with a parking pass and when they finally asked for it we just played dumb and asked if we could buy one there...it was only $25 and we had no problems. Don't know if they're gonna jack up the price for this game but that would be my suggestion, just go, pretend you have one until the very last minute and then buy one.

araia24
01-05-2012, 10:12 AM
so you were able to get into the regular lots by pulling that off? interesting

repeatchamps
01-05-2012, 10:13 AM
so you were able to get into the regular lots by pulling that off? interesting</P>

Interesting is right. I guess it could depend on what time you get there.</P>

<FONT color=#980001>lnp12</FONT> (/members/lnp12.aspx):</P>

What time did you get tot he stadium last week?</P>

TrueBlue2180
01-05-2012, 10:20 AM

That would be a risk that might not pay off. They usually have attendants/security about 50 yards away from the entrance booths and if you don't have the pass you can't even proceed to the booth. They just direct you to the satellite lots.

repeatchamps
01-05-2012, 10:45 AM

That would be a risk that might not pay off. They usually have attendants/security about 50 yards away from the entrance booths and if you don't have the pass you can't even proceed to the booth. They just direct you to the satellite lots.
</P>

I would tend to think this as well. Just get the Pass.</P>

I will say this though the reason the Pass was instituted in the first place was due to the construction in and around the stadium as the new place was being built and the old place was being taken down. I mentioned this in another thread earlier in the year and suggested that maybe it is time go back to paying at the gate like it used to be. I don't have season tickets anymore but have been to several games the last two seasons and find that the parking situation is basically the same availability as it always has been which is frustrating because I thought we'd gain some (blue pass parking) more. Folks who go each week have said that they like that the Pass is still in place because the traffic situation has improved on your way into the stadium. I must agree with that assessment. </P>

I would like to see the Giants release an officialstatement though saying why they will continue with the Passes. We all know the reason butI think they owe us at leastthat as the hassle to get a Parking Pass with your tickets if you are not a season ticket holder anymoreis quite aggravating.</P>

araia24
01-05-2012, 11:05 AM

That would be a risk that might not pay off.* They usually have attendants/security about 50 yards away from the entrance booths and if you don't have the pass you can't even proceed to the booth.* They just direct you to the satellite lots.
</P>

I will say this though the reason the Pass was instituted in the first place was due to the construction in and around the stadium as the new place was being built and the old place was being taken down. I mentioned this in another thread earlier in the year and suggested that maybe it is time go back to paying at the gate like it used to be. I don't have season tickets anymore but have been to several games the last two seasons and find that the parking situation is basically the same availability as it always has been which is frustrating because I thought we'd gain some (blue pass parking) more. Folks who go each week have said that they like that the Pass is still in place because the traffic situation has improved on your way into the stadium. I must agree with that assessment. </P>

I would like to see the Giants release an official*statement though saying why they will continue with the Passes. We all know the reason but*I think they owe us at least*that as the hassle to get a Parking Pass with your tickets if you are not a season ticket holder anymore*is quite aggravating.</P>
People who bought playoff tickets to the game Sunday should have been given the option of getting a pass. Its obvious that all the season ticket holders didnt buy tickets, hence why so many tickets were available.

repeatchamps
01-05-2012, 11:29 AM

</P>

I would like to see the Giants release an officialstatement though saying why they will continue with the Passes. We all know the reason butI think they owe us at leastthat as the hassle to get a Parking Pass with your tickets if you are not a season ticket holder anymoreis quite aggravating.</P>

People who bought playoff tickets to the game Sunday should have been given the option of getting a pass. Its obvious that all the season ticket holders didnt buy tickets, hence why so many tickets were available.</P>

Agreed.</P>

lttaylor56
01-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Sounds like you were very lucky to buy a pass the day of at the gate. I have never heard of that before. Before you even get to the gate guy's visually verify that you have a pass, if not they turn you away. if you do have a pass you proceed to the gate person who scans your pass. In two years I have never seen passes for sale at that point.

Giantsin04
01-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Sounds like you were very lucky to buy a pass the day of at the gate. I have never heard of that before. Before you even get to the gate guy's visually verify that you have a pass, if not they turn you away. if you do have a pass you proceed to the gate person who scans your pass. In two years I have never seen passes for sale at that point.

I've never seen passes for sale at the gate either, but I have slipped the lady at the gate a $20 and she sent us right through.

lnp12
01-05-2012, 02:10 PM

yeah, we were very surprised ourselves. we were actually trying to get to IZOD since we knew we didnt have parking, but we were following our friends who had a parking pass and didnt tell us. we just kept telling the checkpoint people we were following them and once we got to the final checkpoint they just let us pay for it there. it was very surprising, we were expecting to pay upwards of $75 when we realized what we were getting ourselves into.