PDA

View Full Version : What are you most worried about?

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Falcons Fan here, not trying to start trouble just curious as to what the giants are most worried about when facing Atlanta.....clearly it wont be your pass rush...

elismom
01-05-2012, 11:07 AM
TE's destroy us!!! So I would inclined to say TONY G here. Class act by the way. But lately we have been covering those guys down field, why now? I don't know why but we are.

Julio Jones is the man. Striaght Nasty. I fear him

Matty Ice might get a couple bumps this weekend with our rush though, I dislike he grew up on the northeast though and played @ BC.

Good Luck

WR4Life
01-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Aaron Ross v. Julio Jones

TrueBlue07
01-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Our intensity not being there

more communication errors in the secondary (since it sounds like they are going to try and disguise what theyre doing again after playing it pretty straight up for 2 weeks)

Turn overs.

egyptian420
01-05-2012, 11:11 AM
Aaron Ross v. Julio Jones
this

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 11:12 AM

more communication errors in the secondary (since it sounds like they are going to try and disguise what theyre doing again after playing it pretty straight up for 2 weeks)

Turn overs.

I truly think turnovers will be the make or break for both teams

buddy33
01-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Other than their QB, WR's, TE, and RB's I am worried what Giants team will show up. They have gone toe to toe with the best teams in the NFL this year and played great. The best the Patriots, lost to the 49ers and Green Bay in very close down to the wire games, and had a bad game against the Saints. Then they blew games to Washington and Seattle.

Kruunch
01-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Falcons Fan here, not trying to start trouble just curious as to what the giants are most worried about when facing Atlanta.....clearly it wont be your pass rush...

Our secondary primarily. CWeb will shut down Roddy White, but I could see Gonzalez and Jones having a monster day if weather isn't a factor for Ryan.

Kruunch
01-05-2012, 11:15 AM
TE's destroy us!!! So I would inclined to say TONY G here. Class act by the way. But lately we have been covering those guys down field, why now? I don't know why but we are.

Julio Jones is the man. Striaght Nasty. I fear him

Matty Ice might get a couple bumps this weekend with our rush though, I dislike he grew up on the northeast though and played @ BC.

Good Luck

Boley is healthy again.

He usually draws TE duty now.

MikeIsaGiant
01-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Ross vs Julio Jones +1 is what I worry about the Falcons.

What I worry about US, is our intensity

TrueBlue@NYC
01-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Worried about ATL's OL establishing the LOS. If our DL isn't dominating the game, the rest of our defense gets exposed. </P>

Julio Jones scares the crap out of me. </P>

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 11:18 AM

Our secondary primarily. CWeb will shut down Roddy White, but I could see Gonzalez and Jones having a monster day if weather isn't a factor for Ryan.

I'm really surprised that everyone says they are more worried than Julio than Roddy.... Roddy has 3 games with 10 catches or more in a game. He isn't the big play threat like Jones but he moves the chains. I do not know to much about Cweb but have read he has shut down some great WR's this year.

TuckYou
01-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Aaron Ross v. Julio Jones</P>

This. And coming out flat coming off the huge Divisional title game vs Dallas. </P>

we can go toe to toe with Green Bay and beat the Pats in Foxborough, but then getwipped by a horrible Skins team. Offensely and defensively we were beat in that one. </P>

BornBrooklyn
01-05-2012, 11:23 AM
This being a repeat of the Carolina playoff game.

repeatchamps
01-05-2012, 11:27 AM

more communication errors in the secondary (since it sounds like they are <U>going</U> <U>to try and disguise what theyre doing again</U> after playing it pretty straight up for 2 weeks)

Turn overs.

</P>

Where did you hear/read that?</P>

TrueBlue@NYC
01-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Falcons Fan here, not trying to start trouble just curious as to what the giants are most worried about when facing Atlanta.....clearly it wont be your pass rush... Our secondary primarily. CWeb will shut down Roddy White, but I could see Gonzalez and Jones having a monster day if weather isn't a factor for Ryan. I'm really surprised that everyone says they are more worried than Julio than Roddy.... Roddy has 3 games with 10 catches or more in a game. He isn't the big play threat like Jones but he moves the chains. I do not know to much about Cweb but have read he has shut down some great WR's this year.</P>

I don't think it's a matter of not respecting Roddy, he's a great WR. I think it's more of the match-up b/t him and Webster is much closer than Jones and Ross. </P>

Webster generally has done very well against receivers that aren't burners, like Roddy. Ross simply can get toasted by jones. </P>

It's more of a matchup thing. </P>

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 11:29 AM

Turn overs.

I definitely think this will be important you must disguise against Ryan, He is great at reading defences and is constantly audibly plays. They call him a young Payton

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Falcons Fan here, not trying to start trouble just curious as to what the giants are most worried about when facing Atlanta.....clearly it wont be your pass rush... Our secondary primarily. CWeb will shut down Roddy White, but I could see Gonzalez and Jones having a monster day if weather isn't a factor for Ryan. I'm really surprised that everyone says they are more worried than Julio than Roddy.... Roddy has 3 games with 10 catches or more in a game. He isn't the big play threat like Jones but he moves the chains. I do not know to much about Cweb but have read he has shut down some great WR's this year.</P>

I don't think it's a matter of not respecting Roddy, he's a great WR. I think it's more of the match-up b/t him and Webster is much closer than Jones and Ross. </P>

Webster generally has done very well against receivers that aren't burners, like Roddy. Ross simply can get toasted by jones. </P>

Makes sense.... Who is your Nickel CB and is he any good?

We have a very very speedy slot WR in Harry Douglas who isnt really known

TrueBlue@NYC
01-05-2012, 11:47 AM

Makes sense.... Who is your Nickel CB and is he any good? We have a very very speedy slot WR in Harry Douglas who isnt really known</P>

Our nickle situation is very funky. Many times we'll line up our safety (Rolle) in the nickle spot, sometimes Ross will move to the nickle and our rookie (Amukamara) will line up outside. </P>

Douglas has the ability to get downfield, he could be a match-up problem, but his consistency is very iffy, and Ryan for some reason or another just doesn't seem to look his way. Doesn't seem like the ATL offense really features your 3rd WR much, would rather use the slot WR to hold a safety so Jones can get over the top. </P>

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 11:50 AM

Makes sense.... Who is your Nickel CB and is he any good? We have a very very speedy slot WR in Harry Douglas who isnt really known</P>

Our nickle situation is very funky. Many times we'll line up our safety (Rolle) in the nickle spot, sometimes Ross will move to the nickle and our rookie (Amukamara) will line up outside. </P>

Douglas has the ability to get downfield, he could be a match-up problem, but his consistency is very iffy, and Ryan for some reason or another just doesn't seem to look his way. Doesn't seem like the ATL offense really features your 3rd WR much, would rather use the slot WR to hold a safety so Jones can get over the top. </P>

Prince was a beast in college but since his injury beginning of the year I havent heard much about him. We really dont use our slot very often, but when they decide to use him they tend to do it well.

I cant see falcons wanting to be in a 3wr set all day. Not with the giants pass rush...

Kruunch
01-05-2012, 11:53 AM

I'm really surprised that everyone says they are more worried than Julio than Roddy.... Roddy has 3 games with 10 catches or more in a game. He isn't the big play threat like Jones but he moves the chains. I do not know to much about Cweb but have read he has shut down some great WR's this year.

CWeb has been the best cover corner this year in the NFL after Revis. I don't fear any receiver when he's locked up on them.

Unfortunately the talent level falls off sharply from CWeb to Ross.

BParcells777
01-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Nothing

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Nothing

Great comment, with lots of detail :)

Kruunch
01-05-2012, 11:59 AM

We use a Safety in the Nickel package mostly this year (tells you the lack of depth our injuries have given us). Usually that's Grant (whether he will actually draw the coverage or not is a different story).

Harry Douglas scares me because he will obliterate whatever Safety is covering him. The only plus side to Douglas is that he isn't the most consistant guy and (hopefully) our pass rush doesn't allow Ryan that much time to scan the field.

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 12:03 PM

We use a Safety in the Nickel package mostly this year (tells you the lack of depth our injuries have given us). Usually that's Grant (whether he will actually draw the coverage or not is a different story).

Harry Douglas scares me because he will obliterate whatever Safety is covering him. The only plus side to Douglas is that he isn't the most consistant guy and (hopefully) our pass rush doesn't allow Ryan that much time to scan the field.

Well if Ryan sees a safety on Douglas dont expect Ryan to be surveying the field just speed wise on a quick slant douglas could take one to the house against a safety which wouldnt give your pass rush enough time to really do anything.

Kruunch
01-05-2012, 12:05 PM

Well if Ryan sees a safety on Douglas dont expect Ryan to be surveying the field just speed wise on a quick slant douglas could take one to the house against a safety which wouldnt give your pass rush enough time to really do anything.

Except that we almost always play 2 deep now.

A possiblity yes, but on short slants Ryan will be throwing into the middle of a lot of traffic (i.e. the Rolle interception against Dallas).

The only way I see Atlanta's pass game really tearing us apart is if you can get Turner going. Without a run game, Ryan will end up being fodder for our pass rush.

Kase-1
01-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Falcons Fan here, not trying to start trouble just curious as to what the giants are most worried about when facing Atlanta.....clearly it wont be your pass rush... Our secondary primarily. CWeb will shut down Roddy White, but I could see Gonzalez and Jones having a monster day if weather isn't a factor for Ryan. I'm really surprised that everyone says they are more worried than Julio than Roddy.... Roddy has 3 games with 10 catches or more in a game. He isn't the big play threat like Jones but he moves the chains. I do not know to much about Cweb but have read he has shut down some great WR's this year.</p>

I don't think it's a matter of not respecting Roddy, he's a great WR. I think it's more of the match-up b/t him and Webster is much closer than Jones and Ross. </p>

Webster generally has done very well against receivers that aren't burners, like Roddy. Ross simply can get toasted by jones. </p>

It's more of a matchup thing. </p>

We have a very very speedy slot WR in Harry Douglas who isnt really knownHarry Douglas aka Toney Douglas' brother... I learned that from a Falcons fan

What happened to Douglas, he was a fantasy FB monster for a few games. I guess Julio came back and kept getting open so Douglas played a backseat??

chasjay
01-05-2012, 12:27 PM

Getting behind and having M. Turner and Ryan's short game taking big minutes off the clock on each possession.

Giantsin04
01-05-2012, 12:57 PM
Your run game.

If you are able to run the ball effectively, that would be a big problem for us for a number of reasons.

If you struggle to run the ball and are forced into 2nd and long and 3rd and long, you guys are in a lot of trouble.

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Falcons Fan here, not trying to start trouble just curious as to what the giants are most worried about when facing Atlanta.....clearly it wont be your pass rush... Our secondary primarily. CWeb will shut down Roddy White, but I could see Gonzalez and Jones having a monster day if weather isn't a factor for Ryan. I'm really surprised that everyone says they are more worried than Julio than Roddy.... Roddy has 3 games with 10 catches or more in a game. He isn't the big play threat like Jones but he moves the chains. I do not know to much about Cweb but have read he has shut down some great WR's this year.</p>

I don't think it's a matter of not respecting Roddy, he's a great WR. I think it's more of the match-up b/t him and Webster is much closer than Jones and Ross. </p>

Webster generally has done very well against receivers that aren't burners, like Roddy. Ross simply can get toasted by jones. </p>

It's more of a matchup thing. </p>

We have a very very speedy slot WR in Harry Douglas who isnt really knownHarry Douglas aka Toney Douglas' brother... I learned that from a Falcons fan

What happened to Douglas, he was a fantasy FB monster for a few games.* I guess Julio came back and kept getting open so Douglas played a backseat??

That he is, talk about good family genes One brother NFL player other Brother NBA player....

Harry is defintiely in the back seat behind Roddy - Julio - Gonzo but he can blow up any given day, he has the talent just with the other 3 players ahead of him its hard to get him the ball.

burier
01-05-2012, 01:07 PM

Turn overs.

Yeah I think Giants fan tend to worry every week that the team won't show up.

ryan12
01-05-2012, 01:09 PM
your o scares me

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 01:10 PM

Turn overs.

Dont worry Falcons Fans worry the same thing about our team. How can you loose to the Bucs and in the Same Year blow them out . The team is so up and down it is scary.

bleeding blue
01-05-2012, 01:17 PM

Turn overs.

Dont worry Falcons Fans worry the same thing about our team. How can you loose to the Bucs and in the Same Year blow them out . The team is so up and down it is scary.

Really hard to gauge this game. Especially considering the Falcs and Giants are probably the 2 most inconsistent teams in the league this year.

However the Giants seem to be getting hot and aside from the Saints game, the same can be said of Atlanta.

G-Man67
01-05-2012, 01:20 PM
i worry about the hurry up O and our pass rushers getting tired and not being able to as easily sub them ... any team in the NFL that can't generate a pass rush is toast

pino
01-05-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm worried about us more than Atlanta. We have struggled with zone defense pretty much most of the season. Atlanta is a very good run team, and I expect them to try to exploit our zone with quick, short passes. They most likely will try to get a favorable matchup with one of their big receivers against our weak link, Aaron Ross. And of course, they are going to run the ball.

I thought some individuals played zone particularly well last week, for example, Rolle's interception. He made that happen because he didn't wait for anyone to come to his zone. He read the offense PERFECTLY and met Witten before the ball got to him. Our youngsters tend to sit their zone and hesitate. They cannot hesitate with this team. Everyone will need to read the offense quickly and make a play. If we play zone like we did against the Cowboys, it will give our front four time to get to Matty Ice (it works both ways).

Anyways, that's how I see it happening in my mind. I do like how we match up against their team because I don't think they can pressure Eli, but they have a very dangerous chemistry between Matty and Jones.

BigBlue1971
01-05-2012, 02:43 PM
i worry about the hurry up O and our pass rushers getting tired and not being able to as easily sub them ... any team in the NFL that can't generate a pass rush is toast</P>

</P>

the Giants just need to stop a coupla plays in the sequence. i hope and expect them to do it!</P>