PDA

View Full Version : I hope Fewell is prepared for the hurry up offense

TroyArcher
01-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Dallas did nothing until they picked up the pace and went int the hurry up. I understand the Falcons include the quick pace offense as part of their offense. The Giants D has been picked apart too many times by the Hurry Up. Be prepared Fewell.

Ruttiger711
01-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Dallas did nothing until they picked up the pace and went int the hurry up.* I understand the Falcons include the quick pace offense as part of their offense.* The Giants D has been picked apart too many times by the Hurry Up.* Be prepared Fewell.*

Not sure if it was the hurry up as much as Dallas shortening their plays... quicker routes instead of deep ones to combat the pass rush.

MikeIsaGiant
01-05-2012, 01:09 PM
No huddle, watch the small passes and hand-offs to the RBs, Fewell you need to be prepared for those

jjj45
01-05-2012, 01:28 PM
No huddle, watch the small passes and hand-offs to the RBs, Fewell you need to be prepared for thoselol at us telling a NFL DC how to coach a game.

TroyArcher
01-05-2012, 02:12 PM
No huddle, watch the small passes and hand-offs to the RBs, Fewell you need to be prepared for thoselol at us telling a NFL DC how to coach a game.
</P>

</P>

Well when you have the lowest rated Defense in the NFL a little friendly advice couldn't hurt. </P>

jimsgints
01-05-2012, 02:26 PM
This is a big concern for me too. The Giant D can't be "falling down" on this one.

buddy33
01-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Green Bay has the worst rated defense followed by the Patriots.

jhamburg
01-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Green Bay has the worst rated defense followed by the Patriots.

Technically that's true, but considering that both of those teams have had many blowouts and every one of our wins has been close for most of the game, I don't think that's true in practical terms.

burier
01-05-2012, 02:41 PM
If us fans do our job it will be too loud for them to risk overusing any sort of hurry up BS. If they can't hear they can't run it.

MikeIsaGiant
01-05-2012, 02:54 PM

No one's perfect, Fewell definitely isn't. We watch the games, and we watch them for a reason.

Some people are very involved and can see flaws, just because we don't work as a DC doesn't mean we can't see and understand what is going on during the football game.

dave56dj
01-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Actually it does - I played D3 but for me to pretend I can see what Perry does is ABSOLUTELY INSANE. We cant even see enough angles to figure out what defenses they are in - GIMME A BREAK.

Tellin Fewell to be aware of the a hurry up offense (which they run a lot and he will see on tape) is like yelling at a lawyer to object when necessary - completely unhelpful. If you do have some ideas of how to stop the no huddle with actual defensive calls - cover 3 - clouds - soft zone - press man and you can back it up with some x's and o's ok then - i will shutup and take a read - otherwise - HE KNOWS. His objective is to stop matt ryan - turner snelling jones douglas white gonzalez - bunch packages - no huddle - shotgun and so much more. Aand they will prepare for everything they have seen and may see Sunday - but sometimes a gameplan works and sometimes it doesnt - it certainly doesnt mean he wont be prepared for it.

Hey Gilbride - i hope your thinking about passing the ball sunday - oh oh and run it too.

jjj45
01-05-2012, 03:08 PM

No one's perfect, Fewell definitely isn't. We watch the games, and we watch them for a reason.

Some people are very involved and can see flaws, just because we don't work as a DC doesn't mean we can't see and understand what is going on during the football game.lol just busting balls mike.

But it cracks me up when we (myself included) think we can do a better job than somebody who is getting paid millions to do it. Especially when they have years of experience doing it... and we're well, just fans.

lol lets not even pretend we have any idea what these guys do in their profession. None of us have a clue.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Actually it does - I played D3 but for me to pretend I can see what Perry does is ABSOLUTELY INSANE. We cant even see enough angles to figure out what defenses they are in - GIMME A BREAK.

Tellin Fewell to be aware of the a hurry up offense (which they run a lot and he will see on tape) is like yelling at a lawyer to object when necessary - completely unhelpful. If you do have some ideas of how to stop the no huddle with actual defensive calls - cover 3 - clouds - soft zone - press man and you can back it up with some x's and o's ok then - i will shutup and take a read - otherwise - HE KNOWS. His objective is to stop matt ryan - turner snelling jones douglas white gonzalez - bunch packages - no huddle - shotgun and so much more. Aand they will prepare for everything they have seen and may see Sunday - but sometimes a gameplan works and sometimes it doesnt - it certainly doesnt mean he wont be prepared for it.

Hey Gilbride - i hope your thinking about passing the ball sunday - oh oh and run it too.

this

MikeIsaGiant
01-05-2012, 04:12 PM

Some people are very involved and can see flaws, just because we don't work as a DC doesn't mean we can't see and understand what is going on during the football game.lol just busting balls mike.

But it cracks me up when we (myself included) think we can do a better job than somebody who is getting paid millions to do it. Especially when they have years of experience doing it... and we're well, just fans.

lol lets not even pretend we have any idea what these guys do in their profession. None of us have a clue.

Lol true, but we can watch other DCs and what they have and compare. We know the problems this defense had, but so far the "simple" adjustment that Fewell made seems to be working quite well.

Problem is, why did it take so long? and why is it so inconsistent. At least now we know who to point fingers at.

giantsforce
01-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Ha Ha, good one! Fewell is an NFL DC! He is a pretender that an actual NFL DC!

JMFP2
01-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I don't think the original poster made any claim that he was a defensive coordinator.

This was just a post by a fan raising a valid concern - the Giants defense has been hosed this season by the no huddle (see: Seattle).

RedskinHater
01-05-2012, 05:20 PM

<font color="#FF0000">Are you nuts ? Do you actually believe people on this board aren't brilliant and have no ability to tell our coordinators what to do ? Contributors to this board watch the games and listen to all the talking heads which makes all of us brilliant . Of course whenever a play or defense doesn't work it is all our coaches faults. And THAT is the truth !
Whenever one of our plays doesn't work ( offensively or defensively ) it is totally appropos for people on this board to write : " Fire Gilbride now / fire Fewell now and Coughlin has to go " . In addition whenever Nicks drops one he should be traded ! SO THERE [:^)]
</font>

MikeIsaGiant
01-05-2012, 05:41 PM

<font color="#FF0000">Are you nuts ? Do you actually believe* people on this board aren't brilliant and have no ability to tell our coordinators what to do ?* Contributors to this board watch the games and listen to all the talking heads which makes all of us brilliant . Of course whenever a play or defense doesn't work it is all our coaches faults. And THAT is the truth !
*Whenever one of our plays doesn't work ( offensively or defensively ) it is totally appropos for people on this board to write : " Fire Gilbride now / fire Fewell now* and Coughlin has to go " . In addition whenever Nicks drops one he should be traded ! SO THERE [:^)]
</font>

So your fine with Fewell and company to say "yeah after about 4-5 losses straight we decided to go back to the basic defense"

It has been working... why didn't he simplify before? We might not be that brilliant, but Fewell isn't either.

I respect him because he's a NFL DC, but he hasn't really proven himself to be up to par with defensive intelligence.

RedskinHater
01-05-2012, 06:34 PM

<font color="#FF0000">Are you nuts ? Do you actually believe people on this board aren't brilliant and have no ability to tell our coordinators what to do ? Contributors to this board watch the games and listen to all the talking heads which makes all of us brilliant . Of course whenever a play or defense doesn't work it is all our coaches faults. And THAT is the truth !
Whenever one of our plays doesn't work ( offensively or defensively ) it is totally appropos for people on this board to write : " Fire Gilbride now / fire Fewell now and Coughlin has to go " . In addition whenever Nicks drops one he should be traded ! SO THERE [:^)]
</font>

So your fine with Fewell and company to say "yeah after about 4-5 losses straight we decided to go back to the basic defense"

It has been working... why didn't he simplify before? We might not be that brilliant, but Fewell isn't either.

I respect him because he's a NFL DC, but he hasn't really proven himself to be up to par with defensive intelligence.

I am NOT fine with some of the MAROOONS on this board who are quick to judge ANYONE after one play or other . I find it ludicrous when a game is being played to read some of the comments. I have been a fan since the mid- fifties and am nuts about the Giants as ANY fan and get totally involved as anyone during a game but some of these comments are , if anything , comical ( or pathetic ) .

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 06:44 PM

<font color="#FF0000">Are you nuts ? Do you actually believe* people on this board aren't brilliant and have no ability to tell our coordinators what to do ?* Contributors to this board watch the games and listen to all the talking heads which makes all of us brilliant . Of course whenever a play or defense doesn't work it is all our coaches faults. And THAT is the truth !
*Whenever one of our plays doesn't work ( offensively or defensively ) it is totally appropos for people on this board to write : " Fire Gilbride now / fire Fewell now* and Coughlin has to go " . In addition whenever Nicks drops one he should be traded ! SO THERE [:^)]
</font>

*I am NOT fine with some of the MAROOONS on this board who are quick to judge ANYONE after one play or other . I find it ludicrous when a game is being played to read some of the comments. I have been a fan since the mid- fifties and am nuts about the Giants as ANY fan and get totally involved as anyone during a game but some of these comments are , if anything , comical ( or pathetic ) .

haha he said nuts

dave56dj
01-06-2012, 01:18 AM
I am not fine with any coach performing badly - or any player for that matter. But a ton of work goes into what they do - like Fewell or not he understand things that most fans - including myself do not . The point is telling a coach to be careful b/c atlanta runs the occasional no huddle just seems so arbitrary to me - again its like telling a mcdonalds drive thru attendant to be aware of customers ordering big macs. WE ALL KNOW ITS COMING as does fewell and you may not like his gameplan for it - and if you don't, offer your own. And if all you have is "man i hate zone" play man to man - then you dont understand the intricacies of football - you dont get that fire zones have lead to some GINORMOUS plays for us this year and for spags in 07. Your're not understanding the tampa 2 or the cover three that got antrel a pick against dallas or why you may see soft zone at times or how he tried to use some different cloud coverages to make up for major injuries to the backers and secondary.

That said - as fans thats ok - but to then rag on a DC like you understand an iota of what is happening seems odd to me - then again seems like we all do it anyway.

The point is - we yell and scream based on results but very few of us actually are understanding whats going on in the process. Im a former d3 guy and i cant say i do more then scratch the surface. So in the end who the F am i too?

MikeIsaGiant
01-06-2012, 11:30 AM

</font>

*I am NOT fine with some of the MAROOONS on this board who are quick to judge ANYONE after one play or other . I find it ludicrous when a game is being played to read some of the comments. I have been a fan since the mid- fifties and am nuts about the Giants as ANY fan and get totally involved as anyone during a game but some of these comments are , if anything , comical ( or pathetic ) .

Oh ok. So hence ANY dc, not only Fewell shouldn't be fired after inconsistent play-calling

TroyArcher
01-06-2012, 02:30 PM
No one's perfect, Fewell definitely isn't. We watch the games, and we watch them for a reason. Some people are very involved and can see flaws, just because we don't work as a DC doesn't mean we can't see and understand what is going on during the football game.lol just busting balls mike.

</P>

</P>

I thought that was the whole purpose of this board. To talk about Giants football. If you like I can tell you about my job as an IT Manager but it is quite boring. </P>

jjj45
01-06-2012, 02:45 PM
No one's perfect, Fewell definitely isn't. We watch the games, and we watch them for a reason. Some people are very involved and can see flaws, just because we don't work as a DC doesn't mean we can't see and understand what is going on during the football game.lol just busting balls mike.

</p>

</p>

I thought that was the whole purpose of this board. To talk about Giants football. If you like I can tell you about my job as an IT Manager but it is quite boring. </p>lol yeah to "talk about giants football". Not think we know how to coach in the NFL. Quite a difference don't you think?

TroyArcher
01-06-2012, 04:38 PM

</P>

</P>

I thought that was the whole purpose of this board. To talk about Giants football. If you like I can tell you about my job as an IT Manager but it is quite boring. </P>

lol yeah to "talk about giants football". Not think we know how to coach in the NFL. Quite a difference don't you think?
</P>

</P>

Splitting hairs if you ask me. </P>

Manning
01-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Worse comes to worst, have them fake an injury ;)