PDA

View Full Version : I hope I'm wrong but . . . . .

GMENAGAIN
01-05-2012, 01:03 PM
I get this feeling that this team and its fans feel like they've accomplished something by beating the Jets and Cowboys and making the playoffs. While I am not denying the importance of those wins and I am happy that we made the playoffs, it seems like every time the Giants feel satisfied with themselves, they go out and lay an egg.

Also, it seems like this game is sort of being chalked up as a Giant win by many people (I personally think that it will be very tough for us to beatthe Falcons), which is usually another scenario that usually ends with the Giants laying an egg.

Anyone else feel the same way???

Easy-Duz-It
01-05-2012, 01:05 PM
no

MikeIsaGiant
01-05-2012, 01:08 PM
It's going to be a tough game, no doubt.

When I have bad feelings, they do well and win.
When I have good feelings, they do bad and lose.

This weekend, I have a bad feeling.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Yeah, alot of media pundits are playing up the gmen, comparing them ALOT to the 07 team, and aren't giving the falcons their due. ATL is a very good team, and this will not be an easy game. </P>

The team needs to keep their heads on straight and remember that losing streak. </P>

Kruunch
01-05-2012, 01:15 PM
I get this feeling that this team and its fans feel like they've accomplished something by beating the Jets and Cowboys and making the playoffs. While I am not denying the importance of those wins and I am happy that we made the playoffs, it seems like every time the Giants feel satisfied with themselves, they go out and lay an egg.

Also, it seems like this game is sort of being chalked up as a Giant win by many people (I personally think that it will be very tough for us to beatthe Falcons), which is usually another scenario that usually ends with the Giants laying an egg.

Totally ... which is why I'm praying for hail.

GameTime
01-05-2012, 01:23 PM
I get this feeling that this team and its fans feel like they've accomplished something by beating the Jets and Cowboys and making the playoffs. While I am not denying the importance of those wins and I am happy that we made the playoffs, it seems like every time the Giants feel satisfied with themselves, they go out and lay an egg. Also, it seems like this game is sort of being chalked up as a Giant win by many people (I personally think that it will be very tough for us to beatthe Falcons), which is usually another scenario that usually ends with the Giants laying an egg. Anyone else feel the same way???</P>

you come up with this on your own or did you hear Carton say this on his show this morning. He said exactly what you are saying about being satisfied with the last two wins. Enough so that they are too high on themsleves...</P>

All the team has to do is look at the 7 losses they had and HOW they lost......</P>

4 of those losses were due to lack luster and flat performances...</P>

</P>

bigblue58
01-05-2012, 01:23 PM

You complained openly and often about the way the Giants D has stunk up the field this year......they play the two most complete games in 3 years back to back weeks, in games they HAD to win to make the playoffs, and now thats not good enough for you either?
You're obviously a glass half empty person so you're doomed to a life of never being satisfied, and thats a lousy character trait for a "fan"!

MikeIsaGiant
01-05-2012, 01:26 PM
**** the Falcons, let's do this!

daynemustgo
01-05-2012, 01:26 PM

I get where you are coming from. They rolled over for the putrid Seahawks, Philly (minus Vick), and Washington twice.

What I am hanging my hat on is that the defense has finally arrived...at least for the last two games.

burier
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
I usually look to Eli to try to get the teams temperature and I the way I read him is supremely confident soI think we'll be ok.

The team hasn't been a the playoffs in a while, they haven't won in the playoffs in an even longer while and I think they'll be ready to go.

RoanokeFan
01-05-2012, 01:29 PM
No. The Jets and Dallas games did accomplish something. They got us into the playoffs and the Division Title. That's over now and we're all at 0-0. The pundits don't know any more than you and I do, they just have an audience.

I think we're going to win because I think we are finally playing TEAM football.

BornLegend
01-05-2012, 01:32 PM

You complained openly and often about the way the Giants D has stunk up the field this year......they play the two most complete games in 3 years back to back weeks, in games they HAD to win to make the playoffs, and now thats not good enough for you either?
You're obviously a glass half empty person so you're doomed to a life of never being satisfied, and thats a lousy character trait for a "fan"!How did this thread about football turn into a character trait about his life as a fan? Wow, some of you guys need to snap into reality.

burier
01-05-2012, 01:35 PM

You're obviously a glass half empty person so you're doomed to a life of never being satisfied, and thats a lousy character trait for a "fan"!How did this thread about football turn into a character trait about his life as a fan? Wow, some of you guys need to snap into reality.

I think he should snap into a SlimJim

GMENAGAIN
01-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I get this feeling that this team and its fans feel like they've accomplished something by beating the Jets and Cowboys and making the playoffs. While I am not denying the importance of those wins and I am happy that we made the playoffs, it seems like every time the Giants feel satisfied with themselves, they go out and lay an egg. Also, it seems like this game is sort of being chalked up as a Giant win by many people (I personally think that it will be very tough for us to beatthe Falcons), which is usually another scenario that usually ends with the Giants laying an egg. Anyone else feel the same way??? You complained openly and often about the way the Giants D has stunk up the field this year......they play the two most complete games in 3 years back to back weeks, in games they HAD to win to make the playoffs, and now thats not good enough for you either? You're obviously a glass half empty person so you're doomed to a life of never being satisfied, and thats a lousy character trait for a "fan"!</P>

Eh,you were happy with the way the defense played before the last two games and never complained about it?</P>

For the record, you are correct that I am not satisfied withmaking the playoffs at 9-7 and then being one and done. If you are satisfied with that then you should be a Bengals fan . . . . . </P>

</P>

CTLadyBlue
01-05-2012, 01:40 PM

Do you really think that a well-disciplined, focused team whose coach was on the hotseat is going to rest on their laurels? They know this is redemption for a late season collapse and are going to come out hungry. I say the only way they lose is if they beat themselves with stupid penalties and turnovers

In all my years as a Giants fan, I never got the feeling this franchise was ever 'just satisifed' to get in the playoffs and feeding off their last victory.

BornLegend
01-05-2012, 01:47 PM

I think he should snap into a SlimJimLol... good one.

Rudyy
01-05-2012, 01:49 PM
I don't think the team feels like that. The fans maybe.

gumby742
01-05-2012, 02:28 PM
I get this feeling that this team and its fans feel like they've accomplished something by beating the Jets and Cowboys and making the playoffs. While I am not denying the importance of those wins and I am happy that we made the playoffs, it seems like every time the Giants feel satisfied with themselves, they go out and lay an egg. Also, it seems like this game is sort of being chalked up as a Giant win by many people (I personally think that it will be very tough for us to beatthe Falcons), which is usually another scenario that usually ends with the Giants laying an egg. Anyone else feel the same way???</P>

I agree with you. We have a decent couple games and people are starting to forget how absolutely crap we were before that. Fewell has a couple decent couple games and people are starting to forget how crap he was.</P>

A poor showing in the playoffs will just prove that the last couple games was a fluke.</P>

buddy33
01-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Well this team did lay a few eggs this year in very important games. Funny the offense that basically carried this team for most of the season went to sleep against the Eagles the second time they played and Washington the second time they played. They looked bad against some bad teams. However, they played the best teams in the NFL this year, beat 1, played down to the wire against 2, and had a tough time against 1.

I'm more concerned that this is still a team dealing with many injuries. They are as healthy as try have been all year, but that is still minus a bunch of CB's and their starting MLB.

ny06
01-05-2012, 02:38 PM

I agree with you. We have a decent couple games and people are starting to forget how absolutely crap we were before that. Fewell has a couple decent couple games and people are starting to forget how crap he was.</P>

A poor showing in the playoffs will just prove that the last couple games was a fluke.</P>

</P>

A fluke?</P>

Say what you want about the Jets and Cowboys but they were playing for there playoff lives, and we ended it for them. </P>

I feel confident about this game against the Falcons. </P>

We have had a tough year to say the least, no running game, defense was a no show for majority of the season. But we seem to be clicking at the right moment. </P>

Let's also factor into it the brutal schedule we had to play, this team is battle tested. Other then the Saint game, the Giants have hung with every team. </P>

</P>

SIMMS5611
01-05-2012, 02:39 PM
There are still about 20 guys remaining from the infamous 2007 squad, &amp; I think they'll keep the younger guys properly grounded....</P>

I think the whole "We're Just Happy To Be Here" was the downfall of the SB XXXV squad.</P>

Providence
01-05-2012, 02:42 PM

We as fans get uncomfortable when we see over-confidence. That is understandable as we have all had our bubbles bursted in the past. Nevertheless, the idea that fans being over-confident or "analysts" choosing a team to win equates to overconfidence by the actual team is an illusion. This is especially true when dealing with a professional of the caliber of Coughlin who, regardless of what the odds makers say, will have this team out their fighting for their lives.

nygsb42champs
01-05-2012, 02:43 PM
No. I think the players have the right attitude.

dave56dj
01-05-2012, 02:47 PM
GMEN - they looked like they wont the superbowl against the pats and the jets and came up the following weeks with great effforts against san fran and the cowboys respectively. The Giants are aware they are in the playoffs and getting over confident wont be the problem. Unlike us fans every day they are at practice and working with TC on how to beat the Falcons - they don't have time for HOW THEY FEEL - I get your sentiment but i do not feel they think this is a lay up by any means. In fact rolle said on the fan i am not talking about GB one bit - we got the falcons and that aint easy.

But who knew the key is actually to make poster miked feel bad then the giants play well and win - but if he feels good they dont. Everyone make sure to give it to MIke d from here on out.

GMENAGAIN
01-05-2012, 02:57 PM

you come up with this on your own or did you hear Carton say this on his show this morning. He said exactly what you are saying about being satisfied with the last two wins. Enough so that they are too high on themsleves...</P>

All the team has to do is look at the 7 losses they had and HOW they lost......</P>

</P>

</P>

Actually I listen to Sirius in the morning, so I didn't hear what Carton said.</P>

However, if I am thinking the same things as Carton, it is time for me to start a serious self-evaluation process . . . . . </P>

BigBlue1971
01-05-2012, 02:59 PM

</P>

i always "hope" for a Giants win but sometimes, like now i feel likethey win this game with confidence. </P>

they are on a roll basedthose last two wins and my theory is whatever they are doing that looks good they wont stop doing it!</P>

i just feel like they play well enough to win Sunday! </P>

GMENAGAIN
01-05-2012, 03:00 PM
I get this feeling that this team and its fans feel like they've accomplished something by beating the Jets and Cowboys and making the playoffs. While I am not denying the importance of those wins and I am happy that we made the playoffs, it seems like every time the Giants feel satisfied with themselves, they go out and lay an egg. Also, it seems like this game is sort of being chalked up as a Giant win by many people (I personally think that it will be very tough for us to beatthe Falcons), which is usually another scenario that usually ends with the Giants laying an egg. Anyone else feel the same way??? Do you really think that a well-disciplined, focused team whose coach was on the hotseat is going to rest on their laurels? They know this is redemption for a late season collapse and are going to come out hungry. I say the only way they lose is if they beat themselves with stupid penalties and turnovers In all my years as a Giants fan, I never got the feeling this franchise was ever 'just satisifed' to get in the playoffs and feeding off their last victory.</P>

If they beat themselves with stupid penalties and turnovers, then they are not disciplined and focused are they?</P>

GameTime
01-05-2012, 03:01 PM

</P>

</P>

Actually I listen to Sirius in the morning, so I didn't hear what Carton said.</P>

<FONT color=#000080 size=4>However, if I am thinking the same things as Carton, it is time for me to start a serious self-evaluation process . . . . . </FONT></P>

</P>

took the words right out of my mouth.....lol</P>

I think the vets who have been aching to get into the playoffs will keep the young guys on top of their game. Hey...Tuck, Eli, Jacobs, etc are living proof that you dont get their all the time and you have to take advantage when you do. Nicks hasnt been to a playoff yet so we will see how he performs.</P>

I think they play hard for 60 minutes on both sides.....</P>

They have to protect the ball.....no fumbles, no muffs, and no picks....</P>

</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-05-2012, 03:03 PM
GMEN - they looked like they wont the superbowl against the pats and the jets and came up the following weeks with great effforts against san fran and the cowboys respectively. The Giants are aware they are in the playoffs and getting over confident wont be the problem. Unlike us fans every day they are at practice and working with TC on how to beat the Falcons - they don't have time for HOW THEY FEEL - I get your sentiment but i do not feel they think this is a lay up by any means. In fact rolle said on the fan i am not talking about GB one bit - we got the falcons and that aint easy. But who knew the key is actually to make poster miked feel bad then the giants play well and win - but if he feels good they dont. Everyone make sure to give it to MIke d from here on out.</P>

Good points about the effort in SF after the Pats win and the effort against the Cowboys after the Jets win . . . . </P>

dave56dj
01-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Gmen I always think your a level headed poster and truthfully i had this same fear this weekend for the boys - they just seemed so happy to have beaten the jets - but man they showed up big time.

To me this game is actually less about feelings and showing up as a good gameplan executing and confidence - they have all three going now - they just need to execute. Coughlin will have them fired up for sure.

GMENAGAIN
01-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Gmen I always think your a level headed poster and truthfully i had this same fear this weekend for the boys - they just seemed so happy to have beaten the jets - but man they showed up big time. To me this game is actually less about feelings and showing up as a good gameplan executing and confidence - they have all three going now - they just need to execute. Coughlin will have them fired up for sure.</P>

Thanks man . . . . I sure hope so!</P>

giantsforce
01-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I get this feeling that this team and its fans feel like they've accomplished something by beating the Jets and Cowboys and making the playoffs. While I am not denying the importance of those wins and I am happy that we made the playoffs, it seems like every time the Giants feel satisfied with themselves, they go out and lay an egg. Also, it seems like this game is sort of being chalked up as a Giant win by many people (I personally think that it will be very tough for us to beatthe Falcons), which is usually another scenario that usually ends with the Giants laying an egg. Anyone else feel the same way??? You complained openly and often about the way the Giants D has stunk up the field this year......they play the two most complete games in 3 years back to back weeks, in games they HAD to win to make the playoffs, and now thats not good enough for you either? You're obviously a glass half empty person so you're doomed to a life of never being satisfied, and thats a lousy character trait for a "fan"!</P>

Eh,*you were happy with the way the defense played before the last two games and never complained about it?</P>

For the record, you are correct that I am not satisfied with*making the playoffs at 9-7 and then being one and done.* If you are satisfied with that then you should be a Bengals fan . . . . . *</P>

*</P>What a lot of people overlook here is that there are at least 2 teams with better record than us that did not make the playoff because we managed to finish at the top of our division. Even as such, at 9-7 we have the worst record than every team in the NFC that's in the playoffs. Moreover, with the exception of the SB, our record in the playoffs is one and done. So, if you go by the record, it does not look good for us. If you go by this years performance, it will depend which Giants team will show up the one that beat the Pats or the one that lost to the Redskins. The odds are 50-50.

buddy33
01-05-2012, 03:45 PM
I could care less what their record is. The Patriots where 16-0 in the regular season when the Giants beat them in the Super Bowl and they where 10-6.

The past 2 years the Jets backed into the playoffs and made it to the AFC Championship game twice.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 03:51 PM

This! get emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. We finally make it into the playoffs by playing great "TEAM" ball on all sides and NOW people are having bad feelings and all this stuff. Truth is, we are 0-0. If you think this team is not motivated or excited about what they have done or where they are at or will come out flat, you are nuts.

Do you really think that a well-disciplined, focused team whose coach was on the hotseat is going to rest on their laurels? They know this is redemption for a late season collapse and are going to come out hungry. I say the only way they lose is if they beat themselves with stupid penalties and turnovers

In all my years as a Giants fan, I never got the feeling this franchise was ever 'just satisifed' to get in the playoffs and feeding off their last victory.

FBomb
01-05-2012, 03:52 PM

Coming out and laying an egg is EXACTLY what I'm afraid of with this team. It is this team's M.O....hence my reluctance to back this coaching staff and it's HC any longer. </P>

If we lay an egg Sunday I will renew my campaign to replace them, though I fear it will do no good.</P>

For now, I will back my team and pray that I am wrong.</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-05-2012, 04:11 PM

Coming out and laying an egg is EXACTLY what I'm afraid of with this team. It is this team's M.O....hence my reluctance to back this coaching staff and it's HC any longer. </P>

If we lay an egg Sunday I will renew my campaign to replace them, though I fear it will do no good.</P>

</P>

If we come out and lay an egg, I may join your campaign, altough I think that TC is probably safe at this point no matter what happens. </P>

There is no question that this game is a big one for TC's legacy . . . . . </P>

FBomb
01-05-2012, 04:21 PM

</P>

If we come out and lay an egg, I may join your campaign, altough I think that TC is probably safe at this point no matter what happens. </P>

There is no question that this game is a big one for TC's legacy . . . . . </P>

</P>

If the rumors about Fewell getting an extension are true, then you are right. Tom stays no matter what......like it or not.</P>

Roosevelt
01-05-2012, 04:28 PM

I believe this team knows what it has to do, and that will be reinforced by our coaching staff lead by Tom Coughlin.

JMFP2
01-05-2012, 04:49 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic. I think the Giants are playing with alot of confidence....it is translating to a lot of hustle on defense and offense.

There is no guarantee they don't come out flat on Sunday, but given the situation - at home, playoffs, 2 game win streak, etc - I think they'll be ready to rumble.

SweetZombieJesus
01-05-2012, 04:52 PM
This is something we agree on. And as you know I can prove there is a history of exactly what you're afraid of.

I'm pulling for Tom to break the cycle, to win his first home playoff game in 4 tries; to win his first playoff game outside of 2007. If not, then clearly the numbers tell the story and we need to get off this merry-go-nowhere.

gmen0820
01-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Yes but I was thinking/saying the same thing vs Dallas last week.

We are going in hot though and we ended to playoff hopefuls seasons, not a small feat.

SweetZombieJesus
01-05-2012, 04:57 PM

Were you in a coma in 2005 and 2008?

pezman1963
01-05-2012, 06:11 PM
We the people can ensure the players not flat! We can help give them energy!
Go to game and get LOUD!!!!!!!

pezman1963
01-05-2012, 06:14 PM
There no reason why 9-7 can not be super bowl winner