PDA

View Full Version : ramses barden

eli2cruz
01-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Why don't I ever see this guy in games ? I never really get to see him play. I mean he's 6'6 and could be a huge mismatch for many of the 5'11 corners in the nfl. Why doesn't he ever see the field ? Please explain.

TroyArcher
01-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Did you see him against the Jets? He was horrible. He has been injury prone and has done almost nothing when he has played.

GameTime
01-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Why don't I ever see this guy in games ? I never really get to see him play. I mean he's 6'6 and could be a huge mismatch for many of the 5'11 corners in the nfl. Why doesn't he ever see the field ? Please explain.</P>

if all you needed was height as an NFL WR then the league would be overflowing with talent.</P>

He is not getting playing time because he doesnt understand what to do in this offense. He is not where he should be when he should be. The fact that Ballard was inactive and Barden was too during the Dallas game says it all. He is not ready and may never be for the NYG....</P>

eli2cruz
01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
But the guy is 6'6 man ! Why couldn't we just line him up on the outside while were in the redzone and throw him a fade, against a team like the falcons who all of their corners are 5-10 or smaller. I mean he went like 32 consecutive games in college catching a TD so I'm sure he's exploited a couple cornerbacks size before.

burier
01-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Ramses Barden is garbage.

Its like some people want this guy to be good so bad that if he makes 1 catch they'll cream themselves over it.

The guy is 6'6 for nothin. He waits for the ball allowing defenders an opportunity to break up the play.

He doesn't consistently elevate to compete for the ball in the air

He has questionable hands

He's afraid to go over the middle.

Time to look at another option.

Especially if Manningham is gone.

Providence
01-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Why don't I ever see this guy in games ? I never really get to see him play. I mean he's 6'6 and could be a huge mismatch for many of the 5'11 corners in the nfl. Why doesn't he ever see the field ? Please explain.

I agree with other posters that Ramses still has a long way to go, but I think the simplest answer to your question of "why don't you ever this guy in games" is quite frankly, because we don't need him.

-A fade to Ramses on a goal line play is not nearly as effective as the back shoulder toss to Nicks.

-Underneath stuff is better going to Cruz.

-Deep balls are better for Nicks, Manningham or Cruz.

-Ballard is a nice option on short yardage and deep outs/ins.

-Hynoski is coming around as a threat out of the backfield.

-And of course we still have the versatility of Bradshaw.

So it's pretty simple. We don't need him right now. Maybe we will somewhere down the road, but right now we have plenty of weapons. And with him still learning the game and being, in my opinion, tremendously slow when he gets the ball, why give it to him?

G-Man67
01-05-2012, 02:40 PM
ah yes, i call this the 6'5 and over rule

any WR we'd ever had on our roster over 6'5" was an automatic TD waiting to happen, but not for our bumbling coaching staff

i hope Ramses turns into a player, but the clock is ticking and the early returns are not positive ... too many injuries ... too little production ... i'm hoping he's not a tall version Sinorice Moss

GameTime
01-05-2012, 02:41 PM
But the guy is 6'6 man ! Why couldn't we just line him up on the outside while were in the redzone and throw him a fade, against a team like the falcons who all of their corners are 5-10 or smaller. I mean he went like 32 consecutive games in college catching a TD so I'm sure he's exploited a couple cornerbacks size before.</P>

thats why I said" if height was the only thing that mattered" man!!! Look....he hasnt shown ****. You cant catch a fade if you cant run the route or go up properly. In his div in college is nothing compared to the NFL....</P>

He is either being coached wrong or he cant figure it out and judging from the success of the rest of the receiving core I would say the problem is his....</P>

nygsb42champs
01-05-2012, 02:42 PM
He was a raw project coming out of college and so far he has not panned out.

dave56dj
01-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Last poster said it best - There are only so many balls to go around and right now there are far better options in Hakeem Cruz Ballard Hynoski Mario and even Thomas.

Heres why you dont just exploit 66 on 5'11 - Hakeem has sick hands (despite some drops this year) and runs a very nice fade or flag route and eli knows exactly where to put it for him to go up and make a play - thats how you expoloit a D - not just cause your tall - often when that happens balls get picked b/c a guy isn't in the right position - we saw this early in the year when mario crossed up Eli on a fade.

Barden still may get a chance - its just not now.

Carnage929
01-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Barden is a project that we took a chance on by moving up in the draft to get him. He's a developmental player. Beatty took 3 years to get the starting tackle gig and he was a 2nd rounder. We shouldn't write the guy off just yet IMHO.

Last year all of our receivers dropped like flies, just like or corners this season. We need him, but at the same time he doesn't need to play right now.

Recently it looks like Jernigan has moved ahead of him on the depth chart. Atleast JJ12 is dressing for games now, Barden can't even do that, even if all JJ12 is doing is fielding kickoffs/punts.

GMENAGAIN
01-05-2012, 02:54 PM
But the guy is 6'6 man ! Why couldn't we just line him up on the outside while were in the redzone and throw him a fade, against a team like the falcons who all of their corners are 5-10 or smaller. I mean he went like 32 consecutive games in college catching a TD so I'm sure he's exploited a couple cornerbacks size before.</P>

Better yet, why don't we do the same thing with Boothe? He's 6'5" too . . . . . </P>

GameTime
01-05-2012, 03:06 PM

Better yet, why don't we do the same thing with Boothe? He's 6'5" too . . . . . </P>

</P>

he could easily hold off ANY DB or CB with his butt too.....they wouldnt even get near his hands....</P>

lol</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-05-2012, 03:08 PM

</P>

he could easily hold off ANY DB or CB with his butt too.....they wouldnt even get near his hands....</P>

lol</P>

</P>

lol . . . . except that he might get flagged for *** interference . . . . .</P>

Kruunch
01-05-2012, 03:09 PM

Barden's a bust.

He was drafted because of his size ... the idea being that he could turn into the next Plax.

Unfortunately he doesn't have the hands, route running ability or speed of Plax.

Little things like that.

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 03:59 PM
i would not call him a bust bc he had a setback vs the jets, inwhich i believe he actually injured himself. he missed practices i believe leading up to that game.

while he hasnt done much at all, he was on that IR thing until week 6, he's made contribution. if the giants staff didnt trust him, why did he play in NE and make two of the biggest catches in the game? one that saved an int in the redzone?

i m not counting him out yet, i know things look bleak for him i aint denying that i know he looked pretty bad vs the jets, but we only completed 9 passes, u cant use that game against him he was targeted a few times, one time he slipped, the other time revis was on him and barely broke up the pass...how'd nicks look vs the jets????

barden will work out, i really feel that way. its just not happening right this second who knows maybe he gets activated vs the falcons and tears it up

BeatYale
01-05-2012, 04:01 PM

Because being tall doesn't automatically translate to becoming a productive receiver. There's been plenty of tall WRs, from bigger colleges and more productive college careers than Barden who haven't found success in the NFL. What makes Barden so special other than the fact that he's a Giant?

Some guys flat line in development. They cap off and hit their ceiling and it's at a level that's not good enough to be successful in the NFL.

His toughness and work ethic were obviously a concern from the get-go when he couldn't play on special teams his rookie year. Those are things you can't coach, it's a personality thing.

Eli TO Shockey
01-05-2012, 04:03 PM

he worked his way out of the rotation. He was givem more than a fair chance to be a stable part of this offense. He just didnt produce.

BigBlue2010
01-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I haven't given up on Ramses and have defended him this year. I always felt his opportunity was coming and thought the NE game was his first step forward. I noticed something interesting after that game in his press conference. He was asked what happened on the endzone miscommunication and he said something to the effect of him running the correct route but it just wasn't the correct route Eli expected. I thought wow, what a crappy answer. Between the apparent lack of chemistry and the times he goes soft at a ball I think Eli just doesn't have confidence in him.

JesseJames
01-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Personally I don't think Barden is physically tough enough to play in the NFL ...