View Full Version : CWeb has a Hammy

TuckYou
01-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Just heard on ESPN-NY 1050. </P>

Corey Webster has a hamsting injury BUT ISN'T expected to keep him out. </P>

Great. Thats the last thing we need. </P>

SIMMS5611
01-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I'm hoping it's a bit of the old Rope-A-Dope....

repeatchamps
01-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Just heard on ESPN-NY 1050. </P>

Corey Webster has a hamsting injury BUT ISN'T expected to keep him out. </P>

Great. Thats the last thing we need. </P>

</P>

Iwouldn't worry about it, everyone has something nagging them at this point. Webster always has something bothering him. Can't say I am surprised.</P>

dave56dj
01-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Tuck you if you find anything in print please link it up - this would obviously be a disaster - anything holding him back that is. Hopefully it's just a minor tweak like it was reported on the radio.

MikeIsaGiant
01-05-2012, 02:59 PM
He'll be fine I think, this year everyone has issues and they report it.

Tuck not practicing due to ripped fingernail.

GiantFanatic55
01-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Tuck you if you find anything in print please link it up - this would obviously be a disaster - anything holding him back that is. Hopefully it's just a minor tweak like it was reported on the radio.

<div class="playernews" id="225873" style="display:block;"> <div class="report">Giants LCB Corey Webster was added to the injury report with a sore hamstring.</div> <div class="impact">Mid-week
soft-tissue injuries always raise red flags, but this one doesn't
appear to be serious enough to hold Webster out this weekend even if he
didn't do much in practice. The Giants will need Webster close to full
capacity against surging wideouts Roddy White and Julio Jones. <span class="date">Jan 5 - 1:46 PM</span></div> <div class="info"><div class="source">Source: Paul Schwartz on Twitter (https://twitter.com/#%21/NYPost_Schwartz/statuses/154996462642663424)</div></div></div>

dave56dj
01-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Yikes - sorry but that is for sure a concern. Lets hope he can go tomorrow. Im sorry but the gmen are razor thin at CB and PRINCE is next man up and nowhere near ready to go.

Lets hope webby can play through - hammy's are no joke and while hakeem has managed it well thats not often the case. Lets hope most of this is precaution and he goes tmrw. uggh scary.

Kruunch
01-05-2012, 03:21 PM
We'll find out Sunday just how serious it is.

I think we'll be ok though ... CWeb's a tough guy.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
We'll find out Sunday just how serious it is.

I think we'll be ok though ... CWeb's a tough guy.

17 weeks of football...EVERYONE IS HURT...They are just resting him to be cautious

jints10
01-05-2012, 04:05 PM
He will be all right he just needs to get it massaged I know a place right near the stadium
And the Giants will have a happy ending this week

Sundown
01-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Webby will be fine, the reps can go to prince dude needs it!!

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 04:29 PM
maybe...just maybe prince gets some snaps and he does something special.

say what u will about his play prior, i know at times it was bad. but at other times, he's had good coverage. as fans we always focus on the receptions on him, but what about the plays where the qb wont throw to the guys he's covering bc he's in good position?

hopefully prince plays like the prince in college and gets some confidence. having prince play the way he did to get him drafed first round emerges and we get another guy at db who can make plays

Sundown
01-05-2012, 04:35 PM

say what u will about his play prior, i know at times it was bad. but at other times, he's had good coverage. as fans we always focus on the receptions on him, but what about the plays where the qb wont throw to the guys he's covering bc he's in good position?

hopefully prince plays like the prince in college and gets some confidence. having prince play the way he did to get him drafed first round emerges and we get another guy at db who can make plays

Fewell simplifying the defense will help him out alot!!

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 04:39 PM

Fewell simplifying the defense will help him out alot!!

thats what im thinking. the last play i can remember of his was his coverage on plex when he pi'd him. he was right on him and plex kills it at the los.

let him get out there and let him cover his guy. dont get it all confusing. he needs to know if he's got safety help, and just cover his man.

he has the talent to be a db like revis, i truly believe that. hopefully that talent emerges now, when we need it most...pick 6 by prince? his confidence would sky rocket...lol i know thats just a dream and he hasnt shown anything to warrant that the past month or so...BUT a guy whose got that kind of talent...its time for him to make a play and ball out

G-Man67
01-05-2012, 05:22 PM
man football is rough for a fan, it's like what next ... hopefully it's not serious ... last thing you want is your CB pulling up lame and a WR going for a 90 yard TD

Gonzo88
01-05-2012, 05:27 PM
man football is rough for a fan, it's like what next ... hopefully it's not serious ... last thing you want is your CB pulling up lame and a WR going for a 90 yard TD

That is something not very many people think of. It happened this year Houston vs Atlanta but the other way. Andre Johnson pulled up lame and the CB gladly took the ball

Thats what happens when you are rushed back