PDA

View Full Version : Sorry....call me crazy, but...

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Most of the "big heads" have been saying the Giants are going to lose. Is that just me and catching the wrong segments? I do not fear them coming out flat, I just dont. I definately feared it the past 2 weeks. I'll be honest.

Remember, this is all my personal opinion. I have had the same doubts that we all have had. I just think we are playing some really great "team" ball. I do not think we are going to lose. This team knows where they are. They dont need any extra motivation. Coughlin has been dying for another opportunity since we have come up short the past couple seasons. And you just watch, you think Eli is playing great now, I feel the best has yet to come....I really do. I think he is going to play lights out. And part of me really feels that we are going to win by 2 scores.

Falcon fans are going to chime in and say I have no respect. But I do have respect, I respect your WR's/QB/RB, but truth be told...Turner is not the same this year, you can show me stats, but he hasnt. His FB is gone and its proven that he has had a down year, even bird fans will attest to that. I do not believe your secondary will be able to handle our WR corp. I expect Grimes on Cruz, but NO WAY will Robinson be able to handle Nicks. I expect Nicks to have a great game and cruz in th 50yd area. I think Grimes/Cruz will be a great matchup, cant really call it bc this is Cruz' first playoff game, we will see how he deals. If mario shows up it will be a tough task for their DB's. Ballard will not be much of a threat receiving wise bc their LB corp is nasty. Their DL, outside of Abraham, is weak and I fully expect our OL to keep them away from Eli. They have faced tougher tasks and excelled.

I love the fact that the Giants started preparing monday. I feel like they are completely ready and focused. Atlanta just started practicing yesterday.

If we play defense like we have been the past 2 weeks and tune up some minor things we are in a good position to win this game by 2 scores.. If we come out scoring like last week Atlanta will be in trouble bc once they are behind they give up the run.

So like I said call me crazy but my prediction is..

Giants 31- Falcons 21

BigBlue1971
01-05-2012, 04:15 PM
it shouldnt be a matter of disrespect to falcon fans that the Giants win by 2 scores. thats the way you feel, oh and btw i feel that way as well. some of them prolly feel the same way.</P>

i think the defense will improve from last weeks performace and step up!</P>

Eli and the offense should do their normal thing but the rushing attack could be a huge factor Sunday.</P>

if so, at least 2 scores!</P>

daynemustgo
01-05-2012, 04:16 PM
If NY continues the recent trend of playing offense, defense, and ST's (all in the same game) they have an excellent chance of beating Atlanta.

If the defense mails it in or the offense doesnt show, Atl will embarass them.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 04:16 PM
it shouldve be a matter of disrespect to falcon fans that the Giants win by 2 scores.* thats the way you feel, oh and btw i feel that way as well.* some of them prolly feel the same way.</P>

Eli and the offense should do their normal thing but the rushing attack could be a huge factor Sunday.</P>

Yeah true, but you know how some fans are.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 04:17 PM
If NY continues the recent trend of playing offense, defense, and ST's (all in the same game) they have an excellent chance of beating Atlanta.

That's common sense. My point is that I do not fear that the defense will mail it in or the offense will not show.

daynemustgo
01-05-2012, 04:19 PM

That's common sense. My point is that I do not fear that the defense will mail it in or the offense will not show.

I hope not but I wouldn't bet my life on it. (see seahawks, Vince Young, and Grossman x2)

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 04:22 PM

I hope not but I wouldn't bet my life on it. (see seahawks, Vince Young, and Grossman x2)

I know where this team has fell short. I know what games, what moments and how many times. I do not fear that happening. I believe they are fully aware and completely ready to play some "team" ball. And win also.

Pakman
01-05-2012, 04:23 PM
Call me crazy, but I don't think people will pick apart our defense anymore.

Room destroyed us in the first game this season and so did all these other QB's. Now all of sudden they are holding the ball a lot longer.

Even after the cowboys came out in the second half the defense adjusted to the new style of offense and held them down. They did score again, but the Cowboys started with the Ball at the Giants 30.

My confidence in this defense is very high right now.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Call me crazy, but I don't think people will pick apart our defense anymore.

Room destroyed us in the first game this season and so did all these other QB's. Now all of sudden they are holding the ball a lot longer.

Even after the cowboys came out in the second half the defense adjusted to the new style of offense and held them down. They did score again, but the Cowboys started with the Ball at the Giants 30.

My confidence in this defense is very high right now.
This.
Exactly, I feel confident, especially since Fewell has simplified things, they are finally clicking after a long season.

daynemustgo
01-05-2012, 04:26 PM

I know where this team has fell short. I know what games, what moments and how many times. I do not fear that happening. I believe they are fully aware and completely ready to play some "team" ball. And win also.

I hope so. I want to see GB and SF again.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 04:28 PM

I hope so. I want to see GB and SF again.
This.

BigBlue1971
01-05-2012, 04:36 PM
it shouldve be a matter of disrespect to falcon fans that the Giants win by 2 scores. thats the way you feel, oh and btw i feel that way as well. some of them prolly feel the same way.</P>

Yeah true, but you know how some fans are.</P>

</P>

yea exactly!</P>

some wouldnt admit it even after the 31-21 final Giants victory! lol</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 04:49 PM
it shouldve be a matter of disrespect to falcon fans that the Giants win by 2 scores.* thats the way you feel, oh and btw i feel that way as well.* some of them prolly feel the same way.</P>

Yeah true, but you know how some fans are.</P>

*</P>

yea exactly!</P>

some wouldnt admit it even after the 31-21 final Giants victory!* lol</P>
LOL

GameTime
01-05-2012, 05:05 PM
whom ever picks against them I would think that they arent convinced the Giants defense is back on track. I cant really blame them if that is their stance. Two good games in row aint much. Its something but it aint much to hang their hat on. </P>

With that said I was feel in no way any phase of this team comes out flat. If the Falcons win they are goign to have to play a great game as are the Giants. I just dont see the Giants beating themselves on Sunday....</P>

</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 05:06 PM
whom ever picks against them I would think that they arent convinced the Giants defense is back on track. I cant really blame them if that is their stance. Two good games in row aint much. Its something but it aint much to hang their hat on. </P>

With that said I was feel in no way any phase of this team comes out flat. If the Falcons win they are goign to have to play a great game as are the Giants. I just dont see the Giants beating themselves on Sunday....</P>

*</P>
this

G-Man67
01-05-2012, 05:09 PM
well, it was only a few weeks ago that we followed up a dramatic comeback vs. the Boys only to lay an egg vs. the Skins, so call me crazy, but i'm scared ... i hope we come out firing on all cylinders ... nothing charges up a crowd more than harrassing the opposing QB and we chased Romo around pretty good ... i think that is the key ... but i'm sure Atlanta plans to use Michael Turner to prevent us from just pinning our ears back

SoCalFalcon
01-05-2012, 05:13 PM
No Falcons fans give a crap about your respect, first of all. This will be decided on the field on Sunday, not by us. But I find it amusing that all you Giants fans are hanging your hats on the Gmen's pass rush, alone on D. I mean, I get it... its all they've got on D. The Giants defensive ranking is #27 in the league. Haha! Scarey! I admire the Giants DL. Who doesn't? I'm certain they will be a challenge all game for Atl's OL. But let me tell you what destroys a pash rushers effectiveness: a solid run game. If the Falcons pound the rock and work the play action effectively, the Giants don't have a prayer. And if they go to the No-Huddle it will just add insult to injury. But, in all honest, the Falcons are masters at shooting themselves in the foot. Potential be damned. I see his game being close. My pick is the Falcons by 4... 31-27.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 05:14 PM
well, it was only a few weeks ago that we followed up a dramatic comeback vs. the Boys only to lay an egg vs. the Skins, so call me crazy, but i'm scared ... i hope we come out firing on all cylinders ... nothing charges up a crowd more than harrassing the opposing QB and we chased Romo around pretty good ... i think that is the key ... but i'm sure Atlanta plans to use Michael Turner to prevent us from just pinning our ears back
Hey, everyone has their own opinions. I understand why OP would feel that way. Away vs the cowboys is much different then first ever playoff game at the new giant stadium.

GameTime
01-05-2012, 05:15 PM

</P>

this</P>

the vets who havent been there for a couple of seasons will really impress on the new guys that **** doesnt happen often so dont take it for granted. Heck even Eli has been pressing that point. Eli will keep the offense calm, confident, and together. He will keep guys heads in the game if they drift. Some of the oline guys will do the same.</P>

On defense Tuck, Osi, and Kiwi will keep their side heads straight. Especially Kiwi...he missed the SB with an injury!!! He wants to get back in the worst way. </P>

</P>

</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 05:23 PM
No Falcons fans give a crap about your respect, first of all. This will be decided on the field on Sunday, not by us. But I find it amusing that all you Giants fans are hanging your hats on the Gmen's pass rush, alone on D. I mean, I get it... its all they've got on D. The Giants defensive ranking is #27 in the league. Haha! Scarey! I admire the Giants DL. Who doesn't? I'm certain they will be a challenge all game for Atl's OL. But let me tell you what destroys a pash rushers effectiveness: a solid run game. If the Falcons pound the rock and work the play action effectively, the Giants don't have a prayer. And if they go to the No-Huddle it will just add insult to injury. But, in all honest, the Falcons are masters at shooting themselves in the foot. Potential be damned. I see his game being close. My pick is the Falcons by 4... 31-27.
I am not hanging my hats on just the DL. I will take our secondary over your secondary anyday. I will take our safeties over your safeties anyday. Only true advantage you have on D is your Lb's.

I love when fans rely on stats. Just like Turner is ranked #3 right? You're going to tell me that he has been running the ball great right? What about Ryan? You feel confident in putting the game on his shoulders? You're OL is soft especially on the edges. One good OL at the tackle spot, thats it. We have to many weapons that the falcons simply will not stop. I will take Eli in a shootout anyday over Ryan.

Stop the run and then what? Have ryan throw 50 times....You know what happens then...

The funny thing is that your coaches lose their mind when they are down a couple scores. They will put the game in Ryans hands...and then it will be over.

I dont worry about if's...I know the Giants will come out and handle your team.

Good luck and here's to a good game.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-05-2012, 05:31 PM

the jets have a great d on paper...better then you and you saw what we did to them. Cowboys rank right next to you...you saw what we did to them...your defense is top 5 in passing plays given up over 40...good thing Eli can throw the deep ball.