PDA

View Full Version : Spags really?

AllDayEli10
01-05-2012, 05:45 PM
All this Spags is going to PHILLY, lets bring him in, make his Assistant Head Coach, we need a new DC.!!Give it a rest already. I know what Spags has done for this team. but a lot of you guys treat him like he's GOD. You guys will do the same thing if Fewell does what we all want a Super Bowl Win!!

shotcalla39
01-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it all

giants2thebowl
01-05-2012, 11:18 PM
Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it alldebatable

yoeddy
01-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it all

You mean with guys like Chase Blackburn, Deion Grant, Aaron Ross? And rookies like Williams and Joseph?

Last year, without the injuries, we had a top 10 D....

shotcalla39
01-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it alldebatable

Guaranteed were top 10 not top 30 undebatable

shotcalla39
01-05-2012, 11:25 PM

You mean with guys like Chase Blackburn, Deion Grant, Aaron Ross? And rookies like Williams and Joseph?

With Boley, JPP and the crew with all those 1st rounders in the defensive backfield... Even though I loves gibril this d is suites for aggression not zOne... I think our talent alone won our last 2 in spite of. FEWELL...they were hungry

JJC7301
01-05-2012, 11:52 PM

With Boley, JPP and the crew with all those 1st rounders in the defensive backfield... Even though I loves gibril this d is suites for aggression not zOne... I think our talent alone won our last 2 in spite of. FEWELL...they were hungry

I've knocked Fewell as hard as anyone, but I don't think he stinks -- just underachieved. Our secondary is SUPPOSED to be better than it was on '07, but it doesn't play like it. I don't think it's because of over-valued talent, but rather Fewell's schemes. Maybe I'm wrong.

Last year's D was good, but they did let up big plays at crucial moments and lots of converted 3rd and longs. Was this because of over-valuing our talent? Well, Spags helped win a SB with much of the same talent.

If Fewell can help win a SB or at least get us past the Falcs and not let the D put in an embarrassing performance in these playoffs, then I've got no prob with him coming back one more year.

If the D performs poorly sometime over the next few weeks, then yes, I'd want Spags back BECAUSE HE'S AVAILABLE AND WE KNOW WHAT HIS TRACK RECORD WAS.

nYg24
01-06-2012, 12:02 AM
i think all of the injuries should be considered before saying Fewell stinks.

titwio
01-06-2012, 12:55 AM

Exactly. With all the injuries mentioned above and rookies who weren't even yet acclimated having to become starters...Not to mention Osi and Tuck not being healthy all year and missing a ton of games.... have to be taken into account.

I don't like the three man rush either but I do understand him trying ways to get better coverage in the secondary because it was atrocious.

The good news is now the team is getting more healthy and it's like, "whata ya know...Fewell is doing a better job"!

Injuries are not a coaches fault.

elifan10
01-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it all</P>

I agree 100%</P>

nYg24
01-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... We have Spags we win it all</P>

I agree 100%</P>

besides our D-line i think people on this board really overrate the talent on this defense.

elifan10
01-06-2012, 01:20 AM

I agree 100%</P>

besides our D-line i think people on this board really overrate the talent on this defense.</P>

We have tremendous talent. </P>

Kenny Phillips is very talented, with spags he would be one of the best safties in the league imo.</P>

Kiwanuka was great with spags much better than he is now, and he has been playing great recently.</P>

We know what Spags did with webster made him top 5 CB easily.</P>

Ross was even good his first year with spags, he did however regress in the cleveland game in 08.</P>

JPP would be a MONSTER with Spags imagine what he would do with OSI, TUCK, and JPP !!!!! It would be the best pass rush in the NFL by FAR.</P>

I also think Prince, would be playing better with spags in his system. I'll give him a break because he was hurt the entire year.</P>

I also think rolle would be better off in SPAGS system. Remember all of the Safty blittzes that have been missing since spags left. Remember gibril (who is similar to rolle) and ross coming off the edge!!!!!</P>

Pumps me up just thinking about it, as you can tell I would kill to get Spags back. I really hope we go for him... but for now lets beat Atlanta.</P>

AllDayEli10
01-06-2012, 04:39 AM
Im went you a pretty much everything you said. I love the way our D would blitz and blitz it was amazing. If Fewell can get this defense to come together n play wot some fire and intensity I beleieve we can make a shot at the Super Bowl. Then you'll be saying Spags who?? LOL but until let's beat them Dirty Birds!!!

redbeardxxv
01-06-2012, 05:19 AM
Spags isn't coming here. Fewell locked up his job when we made the post season with a decimated secondary. He has bought himself another year. Eagles will jettison Washburn and bring in Spags. Get used to the idea. I hate it as much as you, but think about this: Strahan, Pierce and a good group of rookies made him look good. Not taking anything away from him, just saying, the tools were in place, thank Reese for that. Spags will go to Philthy.
Fewell needs to pressure the QB more, but mostly he's done well with what he has had on hand. Give the guy a chance. I'd love to see Spags back, but it's not gonna happen, let's move on....

krygny
01-06-2012, 08:02 AM
All what talent?

The secondary? Linebackers?!! Oh, you must be thinking about the defensive line. Yeah, some good players there ... no Hall-of-Fame-ers, but it would be nice if some of them could play a full season once in a while.

Let's remember that when Spags was here, he had more talented players, or where he had the same players, they were 4 years younger. So, don't assume he would come here and turn this defense into the team it was in '07-'08.

SweetZombieJesus
01-06-2012, 08:37 AM
All this Spags is going to PHILLY, lets bring him in, make his Assistant Head Coach, we need a new DC.!!Give it a rest already. I know what Spags has done for this team. but a lot of you guys treat him like he's GOD. You guys will do the same thing if Fewell does what we all want a Super Bowl Win!!

Spags is responsible for the last time this defense was FEARED instead of LAUGHED AT.

Granted the D has shown up again in the last 2 weeks but overall in the last 2 years under Fewell the team has had some gems but far more mediocre and abysmal performances. Some of the worst years of Giants defense ever, how many times have they given up 40+ points?

yoeddy
01-06-2012, 08:43 AM

Spags is responsible for the last time this defense was FEARED instead of LAUGHED AT.

Granted the D has shown up again in the last 2 weeks but overall in the last 2 years under Fewell the team has had some gems but far more mediocre and abysmal performances.* Some of the worst years of Giants defense ever, how many times have they given up 40+ points?

40+ point losses....twice under Fewell, twice under Spags. 5 times under Sheridan...

JimC
01-06-2012, 08:58 AM
I understand this is really all just fan talk, because we know EVERYONE including the FO is working hard trying to put the best product they can on the field. Answer me this, if Fewell stinks like some of us "fans" think don't you think a very competent head coach like TC would want him gone? Why is it so difficult for us "fans" to give the guys that run the ship some credit for knowing what the hell they are doing?

I'm a Giant fan that LOVES the direction this team is heading and I fully trust the FO to make the moves necessary to keep the winning tradition. GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!

SweetZombieJesus
01-06-2012, 09:05 AM
40+ point losses....twice under Fewell, twice under Spags. 5 times under Sheridan...

OK maybe I erred by dropping it literally at 40 and should have pulled it back 2 points

2010:
Colts 38-14
Eagles 38-31
Packers 45-17

2011:
Seattle 36-25
Saints 49-24
Green Bay 38-35

SweetZombieJesus
01-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Answer me this, if Fewell stinks like some of us "fans" think don't you think a very competent head coach like TC would want him gone? Why is it so difficult for us "fans" to give the guys that run the ship some credit for knowing what the hell they are doing?

He didn't want Huffnagel and Lewis gone -- the front office forced that change upon him.

Who picked Sheridan?

JimC
01-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Answer me this, if Fewell stinks like some of us "fans" think don't you think a very competent head coach like TC would want him gone? Why is it so difficult for us "fans" to give the guys that run the ship some credit for knowing what the hell they are doing?

He didn't want Huffnagel and Lewis gone -- the front office forced that change upon him.

<font size="6" color="#0000FF">Who picked Sheridan?</font>

You can't draw aces every time. You do your homework and you make a decision. Not everyone works out, but a good FO (includes HC) will realize their mistake and take positive steps to correct it.

Unless you haven't realized it up to this point, everyone makes mistakes.

yoeddy
01-06-2012, 09:23 AM

OK maybe I erred by dropping it literally at 40 and should have pulled it back 2 points

2010:
Colts 38-14
Eagles 38-31
Packers 45-17

2011:
Seattle 36-25
Saints 49-24
Green Bay 38-35

If you pull back by 2 points, you can't count Seattle, because 40 minus 2 is 38, not 36.

In any case, using 38...5 times under Fewell, 3 times under Spags.

Using 35...6 times under Fewell, 5 times under Spags.

My point is that the differential isn't all that big in terms of blow-outs...

yoeddy
01-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Answer me this, if Fewell stinks like some of us "fans" think don't you think a very competent head coach like TC would want him gone?** Why is it so difficult for us "fans" to give the guys that run the ship some credit for knowing what the hell they are doing?

Who picked Sheridan?

How do you know he didn't want Huffnagel and Lewis gone?

Sheridan was picked because Coughlin and Reese both hoped that an internal promotion would allow the defense to have continuity from Spags' system. Obviously in hindsight it wasn't the right choice, but on the whole, I believe that TC and Reese work together...

JimC
01-06-2012, 09:28 AM

Who picked Sheridan?

How do you know he didn't want Huffnagel and Lewis gone?
<font size="4" color="#0000FF">
Sheridan was picked because Coughlin and Reese both hoped that an internal promotion would allow the defense to have continuity from Spags' system.</font> Obviously in hindsight it wasn't the right choice, but on the whole, I believe that TC and Reese work together...

This

yoeddy
01-06-2012, 12:14 PM

Granted the D has shown up again in the last 2 weeks but overall in the last 2 years under Fewell the team has had some gems but far more mediocre and abysmal performances.* Some of the worst years of Giants defense ever, how many times have they given up 40+ points?

Btw - in terms of being feared, didn't Fewell's 2010 defense knock out 5 QBs? Seemed like there was a lot of fear of the Giants D then...

yoeddy
01-06-2012, 12:19 PM
A couple of other Spags vs. Fewell notes:

# of games holding opponents to single-digit scoring: Fewell 4 times, Spags 1 time.

In 2010, the Giants led the league in turnovers, forcing the Giants to defend the short field. In 2008, the Giants led the league in the least number of turnovers, giving the Giants the field position advantage (leading to fewer points given up).

RoanokeFan
01-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Really with allthis talent we should be top 10 d......Tim Lewis .. I mean FEWELL sucks..... <font color="#0000FF">We have Spags we win it all</font>

We have no way of knowing that.

RoanokeFan
01-06-2012, 12:39 PM

Who picked Sheridan?

Sheridan was Spagnuolo's suggestion.

chasjay
01-06-2012, 12:43 PM
I won't argue that Spags might be the better overall DC, but unless Spags has the Oral Roberts power of healing, he'd have had a tough time this year as well.

You younger folks can Google "Oral Roberts" if you want.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-06-2012, 01:24 PM
So who is the better DC? Spags or Fewell? </P>

If you think Spags is better, then we should try and hire him when the season is over. </P>

If you think Fewell is better, then you stick with him when the season is over. </P>

You go with the coach that you think is better. </P>

chasjay
01-06-2012, 01:31 PM
So who is the better DC? Spags or Fewell? </p>

If you think Spags is better, then we should try and hire him when the season is over. </p>

If you think Fewell is better, then you stick with him when the season is over. </p>

You go with the coach that you think is better. </p>

I have to say that I honestly don't know at this point. But if the D has a big fall off from what they've shown the past two weeks, I'll be disappointed in Perry. If they maintain or pick up their performance in the playoffs, I'll say that he's earned 2012.

bearbryant
01-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Talent: we have talented front line players, especially the DE's. Now with Joseph and austin ( if he ever gets on the field) pretty stout up front. The LB corp needs help and so does the secondary ( more coaching and scheme than talent)

I'd rather have Spags over any of the aformentioned DC's. He won a SB for us, man. Get real!

elifan10
01-06-2012, 02:37 PM

If you think Spags is better, then we should try and hire him when the season is over. </P>

If you think Fewell is better, then you stick with him when the season is over. </P>

I have to say that I honestly don't know at this point. But if the D has a big fall off from what they've shown the past two weeks, I'll be disappointed in Perry. If they maintain or pick up their performance in the playoffs, I'll say that he's earned 2012.
</P>

It's fans like you that are rediculous!!! You forget the year that our defense had, when we were pathetic for most of the year. And the D plays two good games against Sanchez who is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league right now and Romo with a broken hand.</P>

If we have the chance to get Spags we go for him, we have to why pass on a guy who made our defense probably the best in the league.</P>

Spags knew how to stop third downs, he knew how to force pressure while covering the field. I dont want to hear that our defense was hurt. We had a MUCH better secondary this year even with the injuries and a similar if not better D-line. </P>

Fewell is no where near Spags and I cant believe Giants fans can just forgive him after this horrific year of defense.</P>

yoeddy
01-06-2012, 02:59 PM

</P>

It's fans like you that are rediculous!!! You forget the year that our defense had, when we were pathetic for most of the year. And the D plays two good games against Sanchez who is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league right now and Romo with a broken hand.</P>

If we have the chance to get Spags we go for him, we have to why pass on a guy who made our defense probably the best in the league.</P>

Spags knew how to stop third downs, he knew how to force pressure while covering the field. I dont want to hear that our defense was hurt. We had a MUCH better secondary this year even with the injuries and a similar if not better D-line. </P>

Fewell is no where near Spags and I cant believe Giants fans can just forgive him after this horrific year of defense.</P>

Spags never had to deal with the number of injuries we've had this year. In 2010, when Fewell had a mostly healthy defense, they played well...

yoeddy
01-06-2012, 02:59 PM

</P>

Spags never had to deal with the number of injuries we've had this year. In 2010, when Fewell had a mostly healthy defense, they played well...

elifan10
01-06-2012, 03:09 PM

</P>

Spags never had to deal with the number of injuries we've had this year. In 2010, when Fewell had a mostly healthy defense, they played well...</P>

How did they play against good teams? Green Bay, Colts, End of Philly were horrific stop defending Fewell he should not be a NFL defensive coordinator.</P>

yoeddy
01-06-2012, 03:18 PM

</P>

Spags never had to deal with the number of injuries we've had this year. In 2010, when Fewell had a mostly healthy defense, they played well...</P>

How did they play against good teams? Green Bay, Colts, End of Philly were horrific stop defending Fewell he should not be a NFL defensive coordinator.</P>

Spags had bad games against some teams, too...gave up 45 to the Cowboys, 41 to the Vikings, 38 to the Patriots, 35 to the Packers...

elifan10
01-06-2012, 03:21 PM

</P>

Spags had bad games against some teams, too...gave up 45 to the Cowboys, 41 to the Vikings, 38 to the Patriots, 35 to the Packers...</P>

two of those were his first two games!!!!!!!!! then after that the defense showed remarkable improvement. Patriots offense was rediculous, the 38 was because of James Butler. Kenny phillips is 1000x better than butler. 41 to the vikings was when eli threw 4 picks, 3 were for touchdowns so thats not the defense.</P>

yoeddy
01-06-2012, 04:02 PM

</P>

Spags had bad games against some teams, too...gave up 45 to the Cowboys, 41 to the Vikings, 38 to the Patriots, 35 to the Packers...</P>

two of those were his first two games!!!!!!!!! then after that the defense showed remarkable improvement. Patriots offense was rediculous, the 38 was because of James Butler. Kenny phillips is 1000x better than butler. 41 to the vikings was when eli threw 4 picks, 3 were for touchdowns so thats not the defense.</P>

Why does Spags get all the excuses and Fewell does not? Fewell is dealing with an unprecedented number of injuries this year...and last year, his defense was paired with an offense that led the league in turnovers.

As far as specific personnel...Kenny Phillips is more athletic than James Butler...but Butler led the team in tackles in the Super Bowl, and Kenny Phillips wiffed on a sure-tackle allowing Brent Celek to score on a huge TD which sparked a historic comeback by the Eagles. Antonio Pierce was an on-the-field coach and leader at MLB, whereas Jonathan Goff was getting his first start as a pro...and this year, it was a rookie and Chase Blackburn (fresh off a stint on the couch). Spags had Strahan and Osi at arguably their absolute best...Fewell has had Tuck as a shell of himself and Osi on the injury report.

Etc etc etc...

Diamondring
01-06-2012, 04:17 PM

40+ point losses....twice under Fewell, twice under Spags. 5 times under Sheridan...Sheridan had to deal with a though schedule and hurt players.

Kruunch
01-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Whoever thinks Fewell is as good or better then Spags just doesn't follow football.

Fewell's defenses have been mediocre at best throughout his career and that includes last year, when our defense beat up on bad teams and got man-handled by quality teams (we had one of the worst defenses last year against teams with winning records).

Fewell can be gone like any other coach in the NFL, but I agree with those that say he might have won himself a reprieve with a playoff berth (much like TC has).

Citing injuries as an excuse for how poorly Fewell's defense has been this year (or last year for that matter) is an indictment on Fewell .... good coaches are good coaches precisely for being able to handle adversity.

I don't consider Fewell as bad as Sheridan, but he's definitely only mediocre at best. Considering the talent we have on the defense (including this year WITH the injuries) we should be a lot stronger then we are. Fortunately Fewell is going back to basics which is a large part of the reason that our defense has turned around the past two games (even if one of those was against one of the worst offenses in the NFL).

chasjay
01-06-2012, 05:58 PM
So who is the better DC? Spags or Fewell? </p>

If you think Spags is better, then we should try and hire him when the season is over. </p>

If you think Fewell is better, then you stick with him when the season is over. </p>

You go with the coach that you think is better. </p>

</p>

It's fans like you that are rediculous!!! You forget the year that our defense had, when we were pathetic for most of the year. And the D plays two good games against Sanchez who is one of the worst quarterbacks in the league right now and Romo with a broken hand.</p>

If we have the chance to get Spags we go for him, we have to why pass on a guy who made our defense probably the best in the league.</p>

Spags knew how to stop third downs, he knew how to force pressure while covering the field. I dont want to hear that our defense was hurt. We had a MUCH better secondary this year even with the injuries and a similar if not better D-line. </p>

Fewell is no where near Spags and I cant believe Giants fans can just forgive him after this horrific year of defense.</p>

I may be rediculous, but happily, I am not ridiculous. We all remember the great post-season run of 2007, and Spag's defense in 2008 was rated the 5th best in the NFL. I get all that - and he did it for us, so it really sticks in the memory. But his regular season 2007 defense performed, on average, along the lines of Fewell's work - and his defense in his three years with the Rams has not, on average, achieved better than Fewell's units. I prefer to move a little more cautiously here than you do - call me whatever you like.

elifan10
01-06-2012, 06:59 PM
Whoever thinks Fewell is as good or better then Spags just doesn't follow football. Fewell's defenses have been mediocre at best throughout his career and that includes last year, when our defense beat up on bad teams and got man-handled by quality teams (we had one of the worst defenses last year against teams with winning records). Fewell can be gone like any other coach in the NFL, but I agree with those that say he might have won himself a reprieve with a playoff berth (much like TC has). Citing injuries as an excuse for how poorly Fewell's defense has been this year (or last year for that matter) is an indictment on Fewell .... good coaches are good coaches precisely for being able to handle adversity. I don't consider Fewell as bad as Sheridan, but he's definitely only mediocre at best. Considering the talent we have on the defense (including this year WITH the injuries) we should be a lot stronger then we are. Fortunately Fewell is going back to basics which is a large part of the reason that our defense has turned around the past two games (even if one of those was against one of the worst offenses in the NFL).</P>

I agree with this. Fewell is just not even close to Spags. And for someone to say that Spags hasnt accomplished that much in St. Louis is rediculous. He had NOTHING to work with and people complain about injuries around here but then say Spags didnt get the job done in St. Louis isn't it great that people can use one side of a story to make them look right.</P>

Again I cannot believe that people will forgive Fewell after two good games of defense. If it took him this long to realize how to fix our defense than he should not only not be with the Giants he shouldn't even be an NFL defensive coordinator.</P>

yoeddy
01-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Whoever thinks Fewell is as good or better then Spags just doesn't follow football.

Fewell's defenses have been mediocre at best throughout his career and that includes last year, when our defense beat up on bad teams and got man-handled by quality teams (we had one of the worst defenses last year against teams with winning records).

Fewell can be gone like any other coach in the NFL, but I agree with those that say he might have won himself a reprieve with a playoff berth (much like TC has).

Citing injuries as an excuse for how poorly Fewell's defense has been this year (or last year for that matter) is an indictment on Fewell .... good coaches are good coaches precisely for being able to handle adversity.

I don't consider Fewell as bad as Sheridan, but he's definitely only mediocre at best. Considering the talent we have on the defense (including this year WITH the injuries) we should be a lot stronger then we are. Fortunately Fewell is going back to basics which is a large part of the reason that our defense has turned around the past two games (even if one of those was against one of the worst offenses in the NFL).

Spags has been a DC for 2 seasons...Fewell has been one for 6 seasons. Let Spags prove himself for another few seasons as DC before proclaiming any kind of concrete award for who is better...

fletch842
01-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Let's see what happens during the playoffs before we fire Perry, shall we? I don't think it will do much for the team psyche, if we fire him today or tomorrow to sign Spags.

Bigbluereckingcrew
01-06-2012, 09:23 PM

We had a boat load of injuries in 07 if I recall, we were playing down Sam Madison and Ross in the Dallas game...Spags put on a clinic of press/zone constantly confusing Romo.....that and Craton dropping half the passes thrown to him.

yoeddy
01-06-2012, 09:34 PM

We had a boat load of injuries in 07 if I recall, we were playing down Sam Madison and Ross in the Dallas game...Spags put on a clinic of press/zone constantly confusing Romo.....that and Craton dropping half the passes thrown to him.

Madison and Ross played the Dallas game (though Ross did get injured in the Dallas game). Madison missed the Tampa game after sustaining an injury in the season finale against the Pats.

Our injury list in 07 was nowhere near as big as it has been in 2011...

KillaRich
01-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Ok still taking injuries into account.... umm spags would still do more....

we had sam madison holding down the fort on the secondary until webby on his last straw stepped up...... ross was a rookie.... and butler was our starting safety..wilson was good.... our d-line just like now was very good.... linebackers are weaker now.... but honestly having kiwi/boley i think spags could manage and do some damage with them....

so im tired of this crap..... spags unlike fewell plays to his players strengths which is aggressive defense... fewell is too ****ing stubborn to stick to his ineffective zone defense..... with spags this defense would be BRUTAL to opposing offenses point blank..... so yes thats why talk **** about fewell...get over it he isnt that good.... if giants keep him... do i wish him well..of course.... but he is no spags not even close

yoeddy
01-06-2012, 11:10 PM
Ok still taking injuries into account.... umm spags would still do more....

we had sam madison holding down the fort on the secondary until webby on his last straw stepped up...... ross was a rookie.... and butler was our starting safety..wilson was good.... our d-line just like now was very good.... linebackers are weaker now.... but honestly having kiwi/boley i think spags could manage and do some damage with them....

so im tired of this crap..... spags unlike fewell plays to his players strengths which is aggressive defense... fewell is too ****ing stubborn to stick to his ineffective zone defense..... with spags this defense would be BRUTAL to opposing offenses point blank..... so yes thats why talk **** about fewell...get over it he isnt that good.... if giants keep him... do i wish him well..of course.... but he is no spags not even close

So you think Spags could have generated a consistent pass rush with Osi out, Tuck injured, 2 rookie LBs (until Chase Blackburn was signed off the couch) and a rookie DT? Yes, JPP is awesome, but you think he could do it all himself? And when you blitz ose rookie LBs, do you have confidence that Michael Coe and Deion Grant are going to successfully cover the hot WR?

giantyankee1976
01-06-2012, 11:22 PM

Exactly. With all the injuries mentioned above and rookies who weren't even yet acclimated having to become starters...Not to mention Osi and Tuck not being healthy all year and missing a ton of games.... have to be taken into account.

I don't like the three man rush either but I do understand him trying ways to get better coverage in the secondary because it was atrocious.

The good news is now the team is getting more healthy and it's like, "whata ya know...Fewell is doing a better job"!

Injuries are not a coaches fault.

winning cures all kinds of ails...

I still like Spags and as long as he goes anywhere but Philly, Dallas (not likely anyway) or Washington, I'm good.

AllDayEli10
01-07-2012, 03:23 AM
It Fewell wins the Super Bowl with good D!! Were all gonna say SPAGS Who???

amdownwitjpp
01-07-2012, 03:36 AM
I luv Spags but in fairness to Fewell idk if he could of done much more with what happened early this season but now everyone except dudes on IR are ready so lets judge fewell more on these games then the earlier ones