PDA

View Full Version : This shows the stupidity of Warren Sapp

I Bleed Blue
01-05-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm not upset that he and the other person next to him picked against the Giants, I'm still puzzled over the reason why they picked against the Giants. They made it sound as if we cannot score points against the Falcons defense, which actually is no better than ours stat wise. If this turns into a shootout, we can still walk away with a W. I honestly believe we are going to light them up.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-falcons/09000d5d825b870b/No-Huddle-Can-the-Falcons-topple-New-York

http://www.nfl.com/videos/atlanta-falcons/09000d5d825b870b/No-Huddle-Can-the-Falcons-topple-New-York

Roswell777
01-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Sapp is a cheap shot artist. Not interested in his opinion in the slightest.

fansince69
01-05-2012, 07:15 PM
I do not think that the stupidity of Sapp needs to be demonstrated...he ranks right there with Shannon Sharpe and Irving

buddy33
01-05-2012, 07:35 PM
As far as where defenses are ranked the Falcons are 12 and the Giants are 27. That is based on yards per game and yards can sometimes not tell the entire story. Anyway, the difference between 12 and 27 is 42.8 yards per game.

Now the Falcons defense has allowed 50 points less than the Giants defense, but that is not much better divided by 16 games. I don't know how many TD's where scored on the Falcons when their offense turned it over but I do know 21 points that where scored on the Giants where interceptions ran back for TD's.

SoCalFalcon
01-05-2012, 07:37 PM
The Falcons D is the same as the Giants D, stats-wise? What stats are you looking at, Sacks? LOL!

Total Defense
Atlanta - 12th
NY - 27th

Run Defense
Atlanta - 6th
NY - 19th

Pass Defense
Atlanta - 20th (admittedly, this ranking is embarrassing, yet still better than the Giants)
NY - 29th

Total points scored against Defense
Atlanta - 348
NY - 400

Total Yards against Defense
Atlanta - 333.6
NY - 376.4

Sacks
Atlanta - 33
NY - 48

buddy33
01-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Yeah, so what makes the Falcons defense ranked 15 spots higher than the Giants is 42.8 yards a game and just about 3 points more a game. Not that much separating the two.

greenca190
01-05-2012, 07:45 PM
The Falcons D is the same as the Giants D, stats-wise? What stats are you looking at, Sacks? LOL!

Total Defense
Atlanta - 12th
NY - 27th

Run Defense
Atlanta - 6th
NY - 19th

Pass Defense
Atlanta - 20th (admittedly, this ranking is embarrassing, yet still better than the Giants)
NY - 29th

Atlanta - 348
NY - 400

Atlanta - 333.6
NY - 376.4

Sacks
Atlanta - 33
NY - 48

And they played the saints twice this year. Imagine what our stats would look like if we played the saints twice. Awful.

I really don't see any reason why the giants can't shutdown the falcons though.

tripleaamin9
01-05-2012, 07:47 PM

Total Defense
Atlanta - 12th
NY - 27th

Run Defense
Atlanta - 6th
NY - 19th

Pass Defense
NY - 29th

Atlanta - 348
NY - 400

Atlanta - 333.6
NY - 376.4

Sacks
Atlanta - 33
NY - 48

And they played the saints twice this year. Imagine what our stats would look like if we played the saints twice. Awful.

I really don't see any reason why the giants can't shutdown the falcons though.

the game in Atlanta the Falcons should have won that game

buddy33
01-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Actually the Giants played the top 4 offenses in the league this year including the 4 team twice.

greenca190
01-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Actually the Giants played the top 4 offenses in the league this year including the 4 team twice.

No ****. Name them. Was Philly really ranked that high?

SoCalFalcon
01-05-2012, 07:51 PM
And the Falcons played the Saints twice, the Packers, and the Lions. And you can discount the Panthers if you want, but Cam Newton was on fire this season, and they played them twice, too.

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 07:53 PM
lol. u need to look at who the falcons played this season compared to who we played.

yeah the played the saints twice this year, lost both badly.

we played the saints once too and lost badly as well.

but compare the other games. the falcons beat ONE team above .500 and i think it was a scrub team anyways.

our record was 10x harder than theirs.

im not worried at all about sunday to be honest. we're going to woop them in all honesty. turner is the kind of rb that our defense does best against, we struggle against the elusive cut back finesse runners.

turners going to be a big target and we usually gang tackle. thats why the finesse runners kill us, we couldnt get one guy wrapping him up for the others to come in. turner that wont be an issue, one guy gets contact on him, regardless of he tackles him or not, and then the rest of the guys come flying in.

the falcons should be more worried about our dline making the somewhat immobile matt ryan eat dirt 7x this game and hit and pressured 15x. there passing game is gonna be shot, and there run game aint gonna outscore eli and company.

giants by a few scores.

SoCalFalcon
01-05-2012, 07:53 PM
That game was so frustrating! Ugh! Looking forward to Sunday. Should be a great game.

TheEnigma
01-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Here's how I see it....

While the Falcons do have a better overall defense in regards to stopping the run and a slight edge for their secondary, we haven't got to see too much of the Giants defense when they have all of their front four guys in actions. The few times we saw that was the Patriots game and then this last Cowboys game. We did pretty damn good. The strength of our team will always be in that D-line and as long as they stay healthy throughout the game, our D has a chance to play better than the Falcon's D.

With that said, I do feel people are writing the Falcons off way too easily. Please recall that last year they got beat down by the Packers in a game they probably didn't take as seriously as they should. You can bet they will be more determined this time around and aren't going to fool around. It's going to be a close game by a FG or a TD.

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 08:00 PM
dont forget, atlanta runs a lot of 5 and 7 step drop backs, and ryan has an elongated delivery. that arm is gonna be exposed big time for osi jpp kiwi and tuck.

im predicting one lost fumble and one int for our defense.

SoCalFalcon
01-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Here's how I see it....

While the Falcons do have a better overall defense in regards to stopping the run and a slight edge for their secondary, we haven't got to see too much of the Giants defense when they have all of their front four guys in actions. The few times we saw that was the Patriots game and then this last Cowboys game. We did pretty damn good. The strength of our team will always be in that D-line and as long as they stay healthy throughout the game, our D has a chance to play better than the Falcon's D.

With that said, I do feel people are writing the Falcons off way too easily. Please recall that last year they got beat down by the Packers in a game they probably didn't take as seriously as they should. You can bet they will be more determined this time around and aren't going to fool around. It's going to be a close game by a FG or a TD.

Nice post. And that's a good point about the Giant's D line being healthy now. It could completely affect the entire D's effectiveness. As we all know, a good pass rush makes the secondary's lives much easier. And the Giants have one of the most formidable D lines in the game. I would be remiss if I didn't admit that.

I agree. Close game. Here's to no injuries and a full-bore, entertaining game.

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Here's how I see it....

Nice post. And that's a good point about the Giant's D line being healthy now. It could completely affect the entire D's effectiveness. As we all know, a good pass rush makes the secondary's lives much easier. And the Giants have one of the most formidable D lines in the game. I would be remiss if I didn't admit that.

do you think after we get done whooping on you guys that the atlanta fan base is gong to question if ryan can get it done when it counts?

i think ryans gonna be on a short leash after he looks shaky and our dline kills him for next season. people are gonna start giving him the tony romo treatment...good at getting stats during alright teams in the reg season, but when facing quality playoff caliber teams he disappears.

buddy33
01-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Top 4 offenses
1 - Saints
2 - Patriots
3 - Green Bay
4 - Eagles

SoCalFalcon
01-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Here's how I see it....

do you think after we get done whooping on you guys that the atlanta fan base is gong to question if ryan can get it done when it counts?

i think ryans gonna be on a short leash after he looks shaky and our dline kills him for next season. people are gonna start giving him the tony romo treatment...good at getting stats during alright teams in the reg season, but when facing quality playoff caliber teams he disappears.
Ryan is very effective against the blitz. You need to watch more film, pal. Your only hope of beating Matt Ryan is in stopping the run. If your D can't stop the run, Ryan will clean your clock. The Giants have an impressive pass rush. But defense is about a lot more than that. Regarding your fanbase question... who gives a crap? Not me.

Voldamort
01-05-2012, 08:16 PM
He never picks the Giants never!

daynemustgo
01-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Here's how I see it....

Ryan is very effective against the blitz. You need to watch more film, pal. Your only hope of beating Matt Ryan is in stopping the run. If your D can't stop the run, Ryan will clean your clock. The Giants have an impressive pass rush. But defense is about a lot more than that. Regarding your fanbase question... who gives a crap? Not me.

Ryan is clearly one of the better QB's in the game and has plenty of weapons to choose from. Should be a good game decided in the 4th.

TheEnigma
01-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Here's how I see it....

Stopping the run will require two things. 1)Joseph and Canty having a great game plugging up the middle 2)Eli and the offense getting quick scores and trying to get up ahead by two scores or more.

That way, we will end up seeing less of Turner, Snelling, and Rogers and more dropback attempts to Julio and Roddy. I think if the Giants ever get up by 14 or more, we have the game. At that point, you'll be playing offense the way we want you to play it.

As for Ryan, I'm pretty sure his issues have been his tackles not giving him the best protection. I could be wrong there though.

BornLegend
01-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Here's how I see it....

I like you SoCalFalcon... you seem down to earth. Here's to a great game.

scf424
01-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Frankly, I don't care who analysts pick, it just irks me for the reasons they do pick the teams.

They're so damn trendy, don't analyze match ups, and obviously just spew bullsh*t from their mouths. It's like they do no prep work, and watch the GameDay highlights off NFLN/ESPN 10 minutes before they're taped.

GameTime
01-05-2012, 08:52 PM
And the Falcons played the Saints twice, the Packers, and the Lions. And you can discount the Panthers if you want, but Cam Newton was on fire this season, and they played them twice, too.
</P>

stats mean squat....</P>

both teams are in the playoffs. Both teams are good teams. Which ever team makes the fewest mistakes and wants it more will win....</P>

thats the real deal.......</P>

falconsfan25
01-05-2012, 08:58 PM
We lost the first Saints game by 3 in overtime after a dropped touchdown by Roddy to win the game and our coach going for it on 4th and 1 on our on 30 in ot. The second one,sadly ,was a beating lol

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Here's how I see it....

you need to watch more film pal, we don;t blitz.

no offense man either just talking usual trash before the game, just saying.

also, u guys have not beaten any quality teams, wait u guys did barely beat the lions if i remember. u lost to every other team with a winning record AND THE BUCS.

we had a much much harder schedule and managed to beat some quality teams like NE in NE where they hadn't lost in 5 years with Brady as there QB.

Ryan has an elongated throwing motion+you guys running a lot of 5 and 7 step drop backs+playing on the road where you guys struggle badly+outdoor conditions=giants whooping. sorry man, im just trying to get you braced for the loss so it doesnt hurt as much.

we win by a few scores.

fletch842
01-05-2012, 10:23 PM
For most of our season, either Tuck or Osi was hurt. Wasn't until week 17 that we had both on the field playing effectively. I don't think you can look at our season stats and make an assessment of the defense coming into this week, due to the season circumstances.

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 10:26 PM
For most of our season, either Tuck or Osi was hurt. Wasn't until week 17 that we had both on the field playing effectively. I don't think you can look at our season stats and make an assessment of the defense coming into this week, due to the season circumstances.

exactly. i'd look at our defensive stats for the NE, NY JETS, and last Dallas game to get a better idea of our defensive capabilites bc those were the only games we had our healthy dline.

BigBlue1971
01-05-2012, 10:29 PM
i saw that as well! i couldnt understand either why he picked the falcons!!!!!</P>

he gave no legit reason.</P>

simple reason is, he dislikes the Giants as a whole. </P>

prolly cuz they knocked his Bucs out the last time they were in the playoffs.</P>

hope you eat your stupid words again sapp</P>

jjj45
01-05-2012, 10:43 PM

also, u guys have not beaten any quality teams, wait u guys did barely beat the lions if i remember. u lost to every other team with a winning record AND THE BUCS.

we had a much much harder schedule and managed to beat some quality teams like NE in NE where they hadn't lost in 5 years with Brady as there QB.

Ryan has an elongated throwing motion+you guys running a lot of 5 and 7 step drop backs+playing on the road where you guys struggle badly+outdoor conditions=giants whooping. sorry man, im just trying to get you braced for the loss so it doesnt hurt as much.

we win by a few scores.I have to agree with you here. I think we win easy.

I know this sounds harsh, but the Falcons are fraud team. They make it into the playoffs for one reason or another and then do squat. Get beat down by other teams and look like you have no business being there.

I always hope for the Falcons to do well whenever the Giants aren't in it, but they end up disappointing.

This Sunday they're in the way. Here's to a injury free match.

Go Giants!

SoCalFalcon
01-06-2012, 01:06 AM
Here's how I see it....

we win by a few scores.

You couldn't offend me if you tried. Say what you will about the Falcons. That's what these boards and fans are here for. You have a right to your opinion. Own it.

Nothing about the Giants worries the Falcons or their fans. Ryan doesn't have an elongated throwing motion. LOL! He is a textbook player. He doesn't make many mistakes. If the pass rush starts to become a factor, and it isn't a given it will, they will simply run the most complicated and vastly assorted no-huddle offense in the NFL. They can go in and out of it all game long. Or... they could panic and throw the game away. I believe either of our teams are fully capable of breaking down and blowing this game. Here's to hoping they don't, and it's competitive, and there are no injuries. (... and that the Falcons dominate.)

ryan12
01-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Sapp is a cheap shot artist. Not interested in his opinion in the slightest.

agreed i hate fat *** sapp

burier
01-06-2012, 11:00 AM
lol guys Sapp is known idiot. I've always said that Sapp and Irvin should be fired. (What is NFL Net doing taking ESPN castoffs anyway?) That said there's no reason to get ticked because of what he says.

He's the same guy that said Eli doesn't deserve to be in the top 100 based on his 25 picks and then when he was asked why McNabb was in the Top 100 he said "Look at his career" He has a learning disability.

I did see him on No Huddle and he said he liked the Falcons because last season they didn't know what the playoffs were but now they do and they're ready. Not the soundest reasoning but it is reasoning.

giantsforce
01-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Here's how I see it....

we win by a few scores.

You couldn't offend me if you tried. Say what you will about the Falcons. That's what these boards and fans are here for. You have a right to your opinion. Own it.

Nothing about the Giants worries the Falcons or their fans. Ryan doesn't have an elongated throwing motion. LOL! He is a textbook player. He doesn't make many mistakes. If the pass rush starts to become a factor, and it isn't a given it will, they will simply run the most complicated and vastly assorted no-huddle offense in the NFL. They can go in and out of it all game long. Or... they could panic and throw the game away. I believe either of our teams are fully capable of breaking down and blowing this game. Here's to hoping they don't, and it's competitive, and there are no injuries. (... and that the Falcons dominate.)
"Nothing about the Giants worries the Falcons or their fans." That is a nice statement! I just hope the Falcons coaching staff and players feel they have nothing to worry about JPP, Tuck and Osi or Cruz and Nicks.

TroyArcher
01-06-2012, 02:22 PM
</P>

</P>

The Giants played the toughest schedule in 2011 based upon W-L %. The Falcons had the 24th most difficult schedule. Doesn't matter now but just so you know. </P>

SoCalFalcon
01-06-2012, 06:36 PM
</p>

</p>

The Giants played the toughest schedule in 2011 based upon W-L %. The Falcons had the 24th most difficult schedule. Doesn't matter now but just so you know. </p>
I don't care, bro. None of it matters at this point. It's a new season. You boys better bring it on Sunday.

BlueBlitzer
01-06-2012, 06:43 PM
</p>

*</p>

The Giants played the toughest schedule in 2011 based upon W-L %.* The Falcons had the 24th most difficult schedule.* Doesn't matter now but just so you know.* </p>
I don't care, bro. None of it matters at this point. It's a new season. You boys better bring it on Sunday.

We'll be bringing it in Spades ( To bury the Falcons )

BornLegend
01-08-2012, 05:32 PM
Here's how I see it....

we win by a few scores.Old 420 guessed correct again.

myles2424
01-08-2012, 05:36 PM
F'em.....
I've never liked sapp.....
I saw him in the grocery store one day being rude & denying the special needs cashier and bag boys a autograph/picture....

derekunion28
01-08-2012, 05:40 PM
this thread is funnyu after game

jjj45
01-08-2012, 05:58 PM

we win by a few scores.I have to agree with you here. I think we win easy.

I know this sounds harsh, but the Falcons are fraud team. They make it into the playoffs for one reason or another and then do squat. Get beat down by other teams and look like you have no business being there.

I always hope for the Falcons to do well whenever the Giants aren't in it, but they end up disappointing.

This Sunday they're in the way. Here's to a injury free match.

Go Giants!

yeah man Go Giants indeed.

r1000
01-08-2012, 06:09 PM
He's the same guy that said Eli doesn't deserve to be in the top 100 based on his 25 picks and then when he was asked why McNabb was in the Top 100 he said "Look at his career" He has a learning disabilty.

Bwahahahahahaaha... I just read this thread... And this had me cracking up....

mrg3
01-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Sapp,Deon and MR Hall of Fame push off, Why I dont watch the NFL Network.

BornLegend
01-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Sapp,Deon and MR Hall of Fame push off, Why I dont watch the NFL Network.I actually think Deon and Irving are entertaining.

TroyArcher
01-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I didn't need more evidence.