PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Austin; Is there any hope for this guy?

Danny1024
01-05-2012, 06:12 PM
He has not played since the 2009-2010 season ended. And the next time he suits up will be the 2012-2013 season. That's 3 years that he's been out of football.... any chance he comes back next season and makes an impact or is all hope lost?

Roswell777
01-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Impossible to know but he should heal without a problem.

T-Murda84
01-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Jerry Reese likes to roll the dice with some of these athletes. I had a feeling Marvin Austin would get hurt...he was out of football for a couple of years and tried to come back during a locked out offseason, that was a disaster waiting to happen. I hope the big fella still cares about playing football at this point. Im just wondering who Reese will roll the dice with next? Another 3-4 OLB project, another mid round talented Lineman trying to protect Eli.

TrueBlue07
01-05-2012, 06:25 PM
giants have had some big time ****ty luck with draft picks lately. our 1st and 2nd rd pick this year were basically useless due to injury....chad jones who was a 3rd round pick....those are high picks to get zero production out of

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 06:27 PM
giants have had some big time ****ty luck with draft picks lately. our 1st and 2nd rd pick this year were basically useless due to injury....chad jones who was a 3rd round pick....those are high picks to get zero production out of

when that happens to a team, 99% of the time it sets them back a couple years.

we're the 1%. imagine we had those guys healthy playing well??

i think austin can still be a factor. u cant teach talent, and he had some serious talent. warren sapp said that marvin austin was a clone of him. thats high praise. he's got to be healthy, willing to work his *** off this offseason, and then we'll see.

nycsportzfan
01-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Injuries are part of the luck or unluck of football and injuries are the only thing that holds Reeses drafts back fro<span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m being utterly insane! THe guys just great at Drafting and picking up Undrafted FA's Could u i</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">magine if this yrs tea</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m had John Goff Terrell Tho</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mas Chad JOnes and </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">marvin austin? Wow! Keep drafting how u do Jerry! We'll eventually stay healthy
</span>

Danny1024
01-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Jerry Reese likes to roll the dice with some of these athletes. I had a feeling Marvin Austin would get hurt...he was out of football for a couple of years and tried to come back during a locked out offseason, that was a disaster waiting to happen. I hope the big fella still cares about playing football at this point. Im just wondering who Reese will roll the dice with next? Another 3-4 OLB project, another mid round talented Lineman trying to protect Eli.

Well to be fair, Reese rolled the dice with JPP and he hit the mega millions lmao.

That gives him the right to roll the dice with whoever else he wants imo.

TuckYou
01-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Im wondering the progress of Austin, Thomas and Goff. Anyone have any news on these guys?

NYSPORTS
01-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Why wouldn't Austin be solid? The guy has NFL talent, a high motor and no knee issues. He's in his early 20's and has played football longer than JPP regardless of his absence.

It's not like the guy blew out his knee or something.

The guy is going to be a monster.

TheEnigma
01-05-2012, 06:48 PM
If he comes back healthy next year, there's no reason he can't be a pretty good player for us. We have the best Front Four in the league and with the linemen focused on other threats like JPP, Tuck, Osi, Canty, Joseph...don't be surprised to see him slip in and get a few sacks when he has 1 on 1 opportunities.

heavyhitter
01-05-2012, 06:50 PM

when that happens to a team, 99% of the time it sets them back a couple years.

we're the 1%. imagine we had those guys healthy playing well??<font size="4">

i think austin can still be a factor</font>. u cant teach talent, and he had some serious talent. warren sapp said that marvin austin was a clone of him. thats high praise. he's got to be healthy, willing to work his *** off this offseason, and then we'll see.
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z46/kcochran777/3d_emoticon_thumbUp-1.gif

KATKAVAGE75
01-05-2012, 06:55 PM
*Injuries are part of the luck or unluck of* football and* injuries are the only thing that holds Reeses drafts back fro<span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m being utterly insane! THe guys just great at Drafting and picking up Undrafted FA's**** Could u i</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">magine if this yrs tea</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">m had John Goff** Terrell Tho</span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">mas** Chad JOnes* and </span><span id="_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ForumDescription">marvin austin?** Wow!* Keep drafting how u do Jerry!* We'll eventually stay healthy
</span>

AMEN to that, brother. Reese has nothing to do w/ injuries. Just bad luck. We'll get them all back next year.

buddy33
01-05-2012, 07:05 PM
He was not out of football for a couple of years. He missed his senior season due to suspension. The kid is an athletic freak. Yes, he will have had a long lay off, but I believe he claimed that he felt fine physically after the 1 year suspension. He is very young and other than this injury I don't recall ever hearing him having issues.

As long as he is rehabbing and working out, has all the OTA's and a full summer camp, and a 4 pre season games I do t see why he won't be able to contribute. The DL could be very good next year with Tuck, JPP, Joseph, Canty, and Austin.

GiantFanatic55
01-05-2012, 07:07 PM
As long as he is rehabbing and working out, has all the OTA's and a full summer camp, and a 4 pre season games I do t see why he won't be able to contribute. The DL could be very good next year with Tuck, JPP, Joseph, Canty, and Austin.

+1

Redeyejedi
01-05-2012, 07:08 PM
When U look at all the games the Giants have lost to injuries to high draft picks since Reese became the GM its staggering.Look at all the guys who have lost a season worth of games

Ross 1st
Smith 2nd
Alford 3rd
Phillips 1st
Thomas 2nd
Goff 5th
Sintim 2nd
Barden 3rd
Brown 4th
Beatty 2nd
Jones 3rd
Austin 2nd

Think about this Excluding Linval Joesph every 2nd round pick the Giants have taken since Reese has been the GM has suffered a major injury

Voldamort
01-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Prince and Austin could help us big next year with some rep's

miked1958
01-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Give the kid some time. We may have another JPP on our hands

Drez
01-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Jerry Reese likes to roll the dice with some of these athletes. I had a feeling Marvin Austin would get hurt...he was out of football for a couple of years and tried to come back during a locked out offseason, that was a disaster waiting to happen. I hope the big fella still cares about playing football at this point. Im just wondering who Reese will roll the dice with next? Another 3-4 OLB project, another mid round talented Lineman trying to protect Eli.</P>

His injury had nothing to do with not having played football or the lockout.</P>

Drez
01-05-2012, 08:24 PM
He has not played since the 2009-2010 season ended. And the next time he suits up will be the 2012-2013 season. That's 3 years that he's been out of football.... any chance he comes back next season and makes an impact or is all hope lost?
</P>

It's only 2 years out of football, not 3. He missed the '10-11 and '11-'12 seasons.</P>

eli2cruz
01-05-2012, 09:01 PM
I remember on draft day they did a piece on him and it was talking about how motivated and hungry he was to get back to football soi don't think that will be a problem when he gets back.

brad
01-05-2012, 09:26 PM
I look forward to seeing him on the field... he could be a yet another great asset on the D-Line

JJC7301
01-05-2012, 11:03 PM

No, I don't have a good feeling about him. I liked when Reese drafted him, but I don't think it's going to work out...it's just too long of basic football inactivity. I hope I'm wrong.

JMFP2
01-05-2012, 11:28 PM

+1
</P>

+2</P>

Of all the draft picks, Austin was the guy that excited me the most.</P>

The injuries this season were just absurd....I give Coughlin a ton of credit getting this team into the playoffs with so many guys on IR before the season even started.</P>

C1010
01-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Austin was looking pretty good before he got hurt. Coaches were all impressed by him so I have hope.

BornLegend
01-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Jerry Reese likes to roll the dice with some of these athletes. I had a feeling Marvin Austin would get hurt...he was out of football for a couple of years and tried to come back during a locked out offseason, that was a disaster waiting to happen. I hope the big fella still cares about playing football at this point. Im just wondering who Reese will roll the dice with next? Another 3-4 OLB project, another mid round talented Lineman trying to protect Eli.I see you're still reaching and coming up with lint. Now you got the rope around your neck... next thing left to do is kick away the chair. You better go find a new team to root for buddy... Reese isn't going anywhere. Lmao

NWKEffectElement
01-06-2012, 03:56 AM
Jerry Reese likes to roll the dice with some of these athletes. I had a feeling Marvin Austin would get hurt...he was out of football for a couple of years and tried to come back during a locked out offseason, that was a disaster waiting to happen. I hope the big fella still cares about playing football at this point. Im just wondering who Reese will roll the dice with next? Another 3-4 OLB project, another mid round talented Lineman trying to protect Eli.I see you're still reaching and coming up with lint. Now you got the rope around your neck... next thing left to do is kick away the chair. You better go find a new team to root for buddy... Reese isn't going anywhere. Lmao

LMAO!! Yea that guy is pretty relentless with the Reese hate.

Redeyejedi
01-06-2012, 08:51 AM
The Giants have drafted and Scouted better then most teams in the NFL.Some of U think teams hit on every pick.Dont just look at the Giants.Look how other teams have drafted and how successful they have been

Raptor22
01-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Personally, I'm excited to get Austin back.

His wheels are fine, and the dude plays viciously. He's been saying through his twitter that he has been rehabbing hard, and expects to come back even stronger than before he got hurt.

Remember, Austin turned in a 4.8s 40yrd at the combine, and was rag-dolling veteran lineman in camp/preseason. If he can come back even stronger and faster... damn.

nycsportzfan
01-06-2012, 09:22 AM
The Giants have drafted and Scouted better then most teams in the NFL.Some of U think teams hit on every pick.Dont just look at the Giants.Look how other teams have drafted and how successful they have been Coulden't of said this any better myself! People are blind to how good we do drafting with Jerry at the helm. There was just a article in the POST about the GIANTS being in the playoffs becuase of Jerry's ability to Draft and pick up key UDF's

Raptor22
01-06-2012, 09:43 AM
The Giants have drafted and Scouted better then most teams in the NFL.Some of U think teams hit on every pick.Dont just look at the Giants.Look how other teams have drafted and how successful they have been Coulden't of said this any better myself! People are blind to how good we do drafting with Jerry at the helm. There was just a article in the POST about the GIANTS being in the playoffs becuase of Jerry's ability to Draft and pick up key UDF's

Tuesday, the sports guy on a local morning show said that The G-Men should immediately fire Jerry Reese and hire Bill Polian. I immediately put in my Anthrax CD and was happier for it.

I can't believe how underrated JR is by... everyone. JR's drafting is the biggest reason why the Giants are competitive despite being devastated by injuries. He's also been brilliant at pulling mid-season rabbits out of his hat (IE: Tryon &amp; Blackburn. Tryon definitely needs to be a Giant next year)

Yeah, we got in some cap trouble before the season, but oh well. The iggles will have to deal with that this year or next.

Redeyejedi
01-06-2012, 10:12 AM
The Giants have drafted and Scouted better then most teams in the NFL.Some of U think teams hit on every pick.Dont just look at the Giants.Look how other teams have drafted and how successful they have been* Coulden't of said this any better myself! People are blind to how good we do drafting with Jerry at the helm. There was just a article in the POST about the GIANTS being in the playoffs becuase of Jerry's ability to Draft and pick up key UDF's

Tuesday, the sports guy on a local morning show said that The G-Men should immediately fire Jerry Reese and hire Bill Polian. I immediately put in my Anthrax CD and was happier for it.

I can't believe how underrated JR is by... everyone. JR's drafting is the biggest reason why the Giants are competitive despite being devastated by injuries. He's also been brilliant at pulling mid-season rabbits out of his hat (IE: Tryon & Blackburn. Tryon definitely needs to be a Giant next year)

Yeah, we got in some cap trouble before the season, but oh well. The iggles will have to deal with that this year or next.
Ive posted this a few times but the Giants have had a historic amount of injuries to there defense this year. The 3rd most in the last decade. With the injuries they have had its the equivalent of being down 4 starters every. week. U dont think the Giants have done well. For example How many of U after the 12-4 season and we lost Plax would of traded multiple picks like the Falcons to go get Michael Crabtree. I wouldnt of because I didnt think he was an elite prospect but a lot of people would of. Instead they stayed put got Nicks and he is arguably the best receiver in the class. Look at the JPP pick. The Giants easily could of moved up and got Mcclain or picked Weatherspoon and they didnt and now JPP looks like the best player in that whole draft. How can U guys just discount that pick.Yeah they missed on some guys but all teams do. Drafting is an inexact science there is no way to know how hard a guy is willing to work when he gets into the NFL

TuckYou
01-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Austin was looking pretty good before he got hurt. Coaches were all impressed by him so I have hope.
</P>

I remember the coaches and players being impressed by Jonas Seawright as well...</P>

NYSPORTS
01-06-2012, 12:09 PM
</P>

I remember the coaches and players being impressed by Jonas Seawright as well...</P>

Nothing like a Debbie Downer to bring up two players which have nothing to do with each other.

Get a clue. The guy tore his pec and has more upside than any DT for the Giants in a decade +.

buddy33
01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Of course nothing is guaranteed, but this guy is such a tremendous athlete that if he and Prince come into camp healthy and stay that way next year this defense could be special.

WR4Life
01-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Just go look at the 2010 draft first round. Look how many names have already been forgotten or have largely been considered on the way to being busts already. Be thankful that we don't have a GM that makes picks that leave us scratching our heads. Be thankful that Jerry hasn't traded up to draft a player that would be considered a reach at their original spot. It could be much much worse than what we have and I cant particularly say that any other GMs have done a much better job.

JJC7301
01-06-2012, 10:37 PM
The Giants have drafted and Scouted better then most teams in the NFL.Some of U think teams hit on every pick.Dont just look at the Giants.Look how other teams have drafted and how successful they have been
I've been very happy with the Giants drafting for a long time now -- under both Reese and Accorsi. I wish that we could draft at least one superior LB, but overall I believe in best talent available like Reese does.

BornLegend
01-06-2012, 11:54 PM

LMAO!! Yea that guy is pretty relentless with the Reese hate.He said Austin was out of football for a couple of years. Lol... guy doesn't have a clue. Maybe we oughta give him a Scooby snack.

allentown PA
01-07-2012, 12:15 AM

**** luck?? jpp and linval? last year

mainegiantsfan
01-07-2012, 12:24 AM
I didn't notice in this post any real news on our injured players as to status. Is a pectoral injury something that can plague a player? What have we heard about this?

giantman8493
01-07-2012, 12:28 AM
Personally, I'm excited to get Austin back.

His wheels are fine, and the dude plays viciously. He's been saying through his twitter that he has been rehabbing hard, and expects to come back even stronger than before he got hurt.

Remember, Austin turned in a 4.8s 40yrd at the combine, and was rag-dolling veteran lineman in camp/preseason. If he can come back even stronger and faster... damn.
cool!

G-Men Surg.
01-07-2012, 12:32 AM
I love his motor and demeanor. I have a hunch that he is going to be a beast. I drool at the idea of him with Canty in the middle, JPP and Tuck in there, scary. One thing I am sure, he will be hungry and excited to come back and will have excellent mentors to guide him thru the bumps and bruises.

Spizi
01-07-2012, 01:14 AM

No, I don't have a good feeling about him. I liked when Reese drafted him, but I don't think it's going to work out...it's just too long of basic football inactivity. I hope I'm wrong.

You mean like the 34 year old Plax who was in jail for 2 years and caught 8 TDs this year? We're talking about a 23 year old guy with lots of potential. He knows how to play football and he's had plenty of time to get the mental stuff down while being injured. Can't wait to see that 4.8 speed at the DT spot next year!