Lions

Losses to:
-------------
Bears
Bucs
GB
NO x2
Houston

they beat Fluff teams... and lost to all the good ones. Lions are the only halfway decent team they beat...This tells me that this is a VERY winnable game.
Matty Ice outside=bad news, our DE's + his slow wind up= bad news. Our speedy recievers +their secondary=bad news.
Julio Jones and Turner are the only two that scare me, but if this becomes a shoot out, I'll take ELI over Ryan any day of he week and twice on Sunday.

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 08:29 PM
...courtesy of the Falcons...
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/schedule/

bottom line is:

Wins against
--------
Eagles
Seahawks
Panthers x2
Colts
Vikes
Jags
Bucs
Lions

Losses to:
-------------
Bears
Bucs
GB
NO x2
Houston

they beat Fluff teams... and lost to all the good ones. Lions are the only halfway decent team they beat...This tells me that this is a VERY winnable game.
Matty Ice outside=bad news, our DE's + his slow wind up= bad news. Our speedy recievers +their secondary=bad news.
Julio Jones and Turner are the only two that scare me, but if this becomes a shoot out, I'll take ELI over Ryan any day of he week and twice on Sunday.

great post. this has been exactly what i've been saying.

plus, they are a bad road team, and bad in the playoffs too. i honestly dont see this game being close after the 3rd quarter. we're gonna keep building momentum, which we'll need for either GB or SF.

chuckedafter5yards
01-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Left out the Titans, the only other winning team other than the Lions that Falcons beat. Odd thing is they were the #1 seed in NFC and didn't end up with a tough schedule.

Gaints only beat 1 winning team, played 4(losses to NO, SF and GB) but there were more 8-8 teams than I can ever remember.

BornLegend
01-05-2012, 09:01 PM
We lost to Vince Young, Tavaris Jackson/Whitehurst, Rex Grossman twice, struggled against Miami, struggled against Arizona... we have no room to talk. Let's just play the game and build off that.

jjj45
01-05-2012, 09:07 PM
We lost to Vince Young, Tavaris Jackson/Whitehurst, Rex Grossman twice, struggled against Miami, struggled against Arizona... we have no room to talk. Let's just play the game and build off that.Got jobbed against GB. Yeah, we suck.

XxBigWhitxX
01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
...courtesy of the Falcons...
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/schedule/

bottom line is:

Wins against
--------
Eagles
Seahawks
Panthers x2
Colts
Vikes
Jags
Bucs
Lions

Losses to:
-------------
Bears
Bucs
GB
NO x2
Houston

great post. this has been exactly what i've been saying.

plus, they are a bad road team, and bad in the playoffs too. i honestly dont see this game being close after the 3rd quarter. we're gonna keep building momentum, which we'll need for either GB or SF.Every team has a questionable loss (hello Green Bay, Baltimore etc..)

atl dirtbag
01-05-2012, 09:18 PM
and a breakdown of the giants schedule shows they too only beat 1 playoff team (N.E) as well.

common oponents:

both lost to saints (falcons twice)
both lost to packers

falcons beat seahawks - giants loss seahawks
falcons beat eagles - giants split win/loss eagles

falcons 4-4 on road, giants 4-4 at home

falcons 2-3 outdoors

so really nothing gained by looking the schedules. all fairly even.

i see this game coming down to the turnover margin. who ever wins that battle wins the game.
falcons +8, giants +7 so all very tight

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Left out the Titans, the only other winning team other than the Lions that Falcons beat. Odd thing is they were the #1 seed in NFC and didn't end up with a tough schedule.

Gaints only beat 1 winning team, played 4(losses to NO, SF and GB) but there were more 8-8 teams than I can ever remember.

we beat buffalo when they were 4-1. beat ne, beat dallas twice with winning records, we beat GB but couldnt beat GB AND the refs, we've beaten teams when they were on winning streaks and had winning records who were playing for there lives. our schedule was 10x harder than atlanta's and we made the playoffs. god i wish we could play tampa twice in one season...ur fluff teams were easier than our fluff teams too.

giantsfan420
01-05-2012, 09:21 PM
and a breakdown of the giants schedule shows they too only beat 1 playoff team (N.E) as well.

common oponents:

both lost to packers

falcons 2-3 outdoors

i see this game coming down to the turnover margin. who ever wins that battle wins the game.

except our schdeule was the hardest ranked schedule and urs was like the 22nd hardest schedule.

we;re battle tested without a doubt. i dont know if we can say that about atlanta no offense.

JJC7301
01-05-2012, 11:07 PM
We lost to Vince Young, Tavaris Jackson/Whitehurst, Rex Grossman twice, struggled against Miami, struggled against Arizona... we have no room to talk. Let's just play the game and build off that.
You're right. I expect us to win this game, but at least the Falcs beat all the garbage teams on their schedule.

BornLegend
01-05-2012, 11:12 PM
You're right. I expect us to win this game, but at least the Falcs beat all the garbage teams on their schedule.I don't mean to go against the grain and I think we're gonna win too... I just don't think that we should be so ****y and pencil it in knowing how we tend to come out flat sometimes. Cruz catching short passes and breaking it open making TD's out of em are a big plus but can we count on that every week?

JJC7301
01-06-2012, 12:09 AM
You're right. I expect us to win this game, but at least the Falcs beat all the garbage teams on their schedule.I don't mean to go against the grain and I think we're gonna win too... I just don't think that we should be so ****y and pencil it in knowing how we tend to come out flat sometimes. Cruz catching short passes and breaking it open making TD's out of em are a big plus but can we count on that every week?
They are solid. They beat the teams that they should have beaten. And the Lions are not "fluff." And we lost to the 'hawks who they beat and the Eagles and Panthers were not exactly push-overs. I think the only winning team that we beat were the Pats, although we did almost beat the Pack and the 49ers (I still think we were the better team that game).

It's going to be tough, but I think that the D has finally come together. And I know that the running game has been better, but still not great. I still expect to win.

bleeding blue
01-06-2012, 12:13 AM

common oponents:

both lost to packers

falcons 2-3 outdoors

Best username lol!!!!

BornLegend
01-06-2012, 12:41 AM
They are solid. They beat the teams that they should have beaten. And the Lions are not "fluff." And we lost to the 'hawks who they beat and the Eagles and Panthers were not exactly push-overs. I think the only winning team that we beat were the Pats, although we did almost beat the Pack and the 49ers (I still think we were the better team that game).

It's going to be tough, but I think that the D has finally come together. And I know that the running game has been better, but still not great. I still expect to win.Exactly, since when has Detroit been a fluff team? Their QB just finished the season with over 5000 yards. Also, I'm curious to know how we would've stacked up against the Panthers had we played em twice this year? I believe Newton went like 19/23 (something like that) against Washington, the team we couldn't beat this year.

All in all, I'm like you and I'm expecting to win as well but I'll never take a playoff team lightly. Our D has definitely stepped up and I'm expecting a BIG performance out of our boys on the line this weekend.

I know ATL is gonna try to counter that with some short passes, slants, screens and a heavy dose of Tony G so I hope our linebackers are ready too.

redbeardxxv
01-06-2012, 02:38 AM

common oponents:

both lost to packers

falcons 2-3 outdoors

Sometimes it's nice to have the rivals around.... you make a damn good point, and I'm happy to hear it.
Minor point though, the GB game was stolen from us by the Zebras, and the SF game would have been ours if not for Boley getting hurt. By no stretch of the imagination am I claiming this will be an easy win, but I think we can walk away with a victory barring any more bad luck with injuries. No blow out, just a win. 27-24 G-men, last minute drive by Eli to get us into FG range and a good kick by *GASP* Lawrence Tynes will have us all in the ER post game.

jjj45
01-06-2012, 08:26 AM

common oponents:

both lost to packers

falcons 2-3 outdoors

Sometimes it's nice to have the rivals around.... you make a damn good point, and I'm happy to hear it.
Minor point though, the GB game was stolen from us by the Zebras, and the SF game would have been ours if not for Boley getting hurt. By no stretch of the imagination am I claiming this will be an easy win, but I think we can walk away with a victory barring any more bad luck with injuries. No blow out, just a win. 27-24 G-men, last minute drive by Eli to get us into FG range and a good kick by *GASP* Lawrence Tynes will have us all in the ER post game.lol would we want it any other way?

Redeyejedi
01-06-2012, 08:43 AM
U guys are really taking this Falcon team lightly around here this is a good Football team. There one of the more balanced teams in the NFL. This offense has struggled at home at times.I dont know how many more times this season Victor Cruz can bail them out.

jjj45
01-06-2012, 09:00 AM
U guys are really taking this Falcon team lightly around here this is a good Football team. There one of the more balanced teams in the NFL. This offense has struggled at home at times.I dont know how many more times this season Victor Cruz can bail them out.This is one of the few games where all our offensive weapons are healthy at once. Ballard is back. Bradshaw's on fire, not to mention Hynoski as an option in the backfield. That will open up the passing game a lot.

Yeah the Falcons are great and all, but I think we're better. We have the edge on some key positions. I think we win convincingly. Never said I wasn't nervous.

Seducer
01-06-2012, 09:20 AM
U guys are really taking this Falcon team lightly around here this is a good Football team. There one of the more balanced teams in the NFL. This offense has struggled at home at times.I dont know how many more times this season Victor Cruz can bail them out.This is one of the few games where all our offensive weapons are healthy at once. Ballard is back. Bradshaw's on fire, not to mention Hynoski as an option in the backfield. That will open up the passing game a lot.

Yeah the Falcons are great and all, but I think we're better. We have the edge on some key positions. I think we win convincingly. Never said I wasn't nervous.
</P>

Matt Ryan is like 16tds to like 2 int over the last several games, I believe. He played at BC so its not like he's never played in the cold. Julio Jones has been coming on strong and they have some speed on offense. This game is far from a slam dunk. </P>

TandyGossett
01-06-2012, 02:29 PM
The game vs New Orleans @ Home we actually had that game. Our perfect kicker missed his first FG, which was a chip shot for him. Dropped passes and other things allowed them to get back in the game. Should have been a Win.

Tampa Bay game was the same. Roddy White dropped not one but two TD passes, one of those in the Endzone in the 4th quarter which helped us to lose.

Houston game was a weird game. I still scratch my head when I rewatch it. We had a chance to Win that game late and Julio Jones dropped 2 TD passes in the Endzone.

People keep saying that you guys are Hot going into the Playoffs but so are the Falcons.

NewOrleans is impossible to beat at Home. We used to be unbeatable at home until the playoffs last year. I hope that Detroit beats the Saints Tomorrow. Since Katrina the Saints get phantom calls, and now the media is starting to catch on to that as well. The last time we played there the refs called some "Screen Pass No Penalty" Penalty on a Brees Run.

Almost like the Eagles' DeSean Jackson's Penalty where he tossed a ball at your coach AFTER a play and they took away his 50+ yard reception instead of it being a Deadball Foul and moving it back 15 yards. People still haven't seemed to catch that one.