PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless on Giants

Antwuan
01-05-2012, 09:00 PM
"As much as I like the Falcons with Julio Jones, they're about to be wrong/place, wrong/time vs. giants now playing like GIANTS."-Skip Bayless

From His Twitter Page.

egyptian420
01-05-2012, 09:22 PM
lol...I can't take that clown or anyone else on first take serious. All year long he was saying the Giants are failures and had no chance due to their tough schedule and he wouldn't stop bringing up the losses to Seattle and Washington and that fumble Cruz had in Ari.

He was riding the Cowboys bandwagon all year and saying they're going to take this division and now that they got smacked up twice by us and got eliminated he's starting to give us props....GTFO here you dirtbag!!!

miked1958
01-05-2012, 09:41 PM
lol...I can't take that clown or anyone else on first take serious. All year long he was saying the Giants are failures and had no chance due to their tough schedule and he wouldn't stop bringing up the losses to Seattle and Washington and that fumble Cruz had in Ari.

He was riding the Cowboys bandwagon all year and saying they're going to take this division and now that they got smacked up twice by us and got eliminated he's starting to give us props....GTFO here you dirtbag!!!

This.

U know it's al for ratings

egyptian420
01-05-2012, 09:51 PM

This.

Yup....his whole demeanor of being controversial, provocative and saying things for shock value has pretty much been figured out by everyone....no one takes that clown seriously anymore, just look at the responses to all of his tweets, its all people cursing him out

JJC7301
01-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Bayless is annoying even when he's not talking about the Giants. He's all attitude, and very little substance.

CTLadyBlue
01-06-2012, 07:33 AM

Get off the bandwagon, Skip. There ain't no room for you

blueomaha
01-06-2012, 08:03 AM
Skip has to be running this show...even the hosts of the show are not on as often as him...he's the gimmick of the show...sad to say, it works...maybe not for us, but it works for the network....

nygsb42champs
01-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Lets hope he is right for once.

BParcells777
01-06-2012, 08:39 AM
I like Skip as he represents a fan on TV

All the other players act like they can disect and predict football outcomes.....in fact they know no more about today's game than we do.......if they really could predict games they would be working in Vegas

This guy speaks with his heart (admittedly not always his head) and now he's the first guy to come out and admit we are peaking at just the right time

something I've been saying for 3 weeks now

Dont worry Clown Jaworski came out strongly for the Falcons this morning......We are a a lock now

RonJon
01-06-2012, 09:25 AM
He picked the Cowboys to win the NFC East. Missed him last week. What was his reaction last Monday after that game? Anyone see it?

GiantsYanks
01-06-2012, 09:27 AM

This.

Personally I hate the guy too but the rating for that show are through the roof.. so he's done a great job for ESPN.

WR4Life
01-06-2012, 09:35 AM
I like Skip as he represents a fan on TV

All the other players act like they can disect and predict football outcomes.....in fact they know no more about today's game than we do.......if they really could predict games they would be working in Vegas

This guy speaks with his heart (admittedly not always his head) and now he's the first guy to come out and admit we are peaking at just the right time

something I've been saying for 3 weeks now

Dont worry Clown Jaworski came out strongly for the Falcons this morning......We are a a lock now

I'm in agreement with this. Even though Skip can be annoying when he picks against the Giants, you have to look at it from a different standpoint. Skip Bayless's entire deal is getting under people's skin. He does it and he does it well. When you look at it from that standpoint, he is actually a pretty hilarious guy. I used to hate him when I took his work as serious analysis. His arrogance used to bother me too. But when you look at it as the view point of the fan, his arrogance is no different than the passion displayed by any other fan. You may not agree with him, but he stands up for his opinion and he won't back down from what he believes (whether he truly believes it or whether he's just saying it to draw ratings). You gotta respect the man for that at least.

Easy-Duz-It
01-06-2012, 09:35 AM
i really like skip, and i've always liked watching first take. i will say though that his tebow schtick is getting very old. first take has become the tim tebow show.

other than that, i do like skip. but this can't be a good sign. his bold predictions ALWAYS blow up in his face; whether it's immediately or eventually.

that said, he's bound to get one right sooner or later.

cheers to you skip. hope you're right. i feel the same way.

burier
01-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Here's the thing. If you like watching tool bag because...I don't know, you think they're funny or perhaps you like to mock them then by all means enjoy ESPN programming.

But to get upset about these guys is foolish. They don't even believe what they say, they just say it.

WR4Life
01-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Then add in the fact that he calls out Stephen A Smith on a regular basis and basically said he doesn't give a damn about what Chris Carter had to say when Stephen A. threatened to "sick Chris Carter on him" raised him quite a few notches in my book.

greenca190
01-06-2012, 09:53 AM
First Take and Skip Bayless just come off as childish, immature programming to me. How old is that guy anyways? And the host... My god. One of the most irritating mediators I've witnessed.

Because those two and Stephen A. Smith, I'm not shocked that they are able to attract such a high ratings. However, I would be if they can continue to do so in two years. Very gimmicky show, with similar ideas every day. Then again, I guess that's every show on ESPN.

G-Man67
01-06-2012, 10:54 AM
yeah i made the mistake the other day of listening to a Bayless/Smith Tebow debate ... it actually made my ears hurt