PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP, VERY URGENT

NYgiants141
01-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Buying my tickets to the game now. Its my first Giants game. I'm only 17 and going alone. I am going by transportation, do i need to buy a Port Authority Bus ticket ahead of time or do i go there and pay for a ticket? How does it work?

Also, if you have any tips for me, its my first game and i have no experience going to the Meadowlands and going alone. Any help will be appreciated thank you.

NYgiants141
01-05-2012, 10:51 PM
anyone?

cken
01-05-2012, 10:54 PM
being that i'm 18 yrs old myself, i think i can help haha.

great, so ur going to a giants game from the city. you can buy a round trip pass from the attendant before you board the bus. i think it was $20 round trip per person (went with my brother). the bus will drop you off @ parking lot J (timex is to your left, stadium to your right). from there, you can wander round and hang with fellow fans or check out the stadium. gates open approx. 2 hrs (i think) before start time. GET THERE AT LEAST AN HOUR EARLY!! especially if you want those towels. that's pretty much it. have fun, cheer loud. GO GMEN!

giants-_-
01-05-2012, 10:54 PM
go early to the game, i went to my first game alone too, i went to Penn Station and then took the train there it took me 15 minutes,bought the tickets at penn station, i suggest you go check out the legacy room . Also eat before, food prices are crazy or go to the park lot i am sure some giant fan will be happy to share some food with you.

NYgiants141
01-05-2012, 10:55 PM
You are the best! thank you!

Do you recommend taking the train or bus?

cken
01-05-2012, 11:01 PM
bus is pretty comfy, i would say bus. plus it drops you off in pretty close proximity to the stadium. oh about food.. if you can you could always ask nicely to join some friendly ppl's tailgate, just hand the cook a 20 or something. im sure they wont mind. and yea food is bloody expensive. but save some money for hot chocolate, it will get mighty cold in that stadium (went to the skins game, froze my *** off AND they lost ugh...)

NYgiants141
01-05-2012, 11:46 PM
bus is pretty comfy, i would say bus. plus it drops you off in pretty close proximity to the stadium. oh about food.. if you can you could always ask nicely to join some friendly ppl's tailgate, just hand the cook a 20 or something. im sure they wont mind. and yea food is bloody expensive. but save some money for hot chocolate, it will get mighty cold in that stadium (went to the skins game, froze my *** off AND they lost ugh...)

You're the man.

Just bought my tickets, section 320 row 5...i think thats good for concourse 3

cken
01-06-2012, 12:09 AM
ohh yea get to the gate early. escalators will take a while.. remember to get loud!

davecrazy
01-06-2012, 12:19 AM

Its going to be in the mid 40's and Sunny.

NYgiants141
01-06-2012, 12:31 AM
my bad guys its section 340 row 5... i will get very loud and i also have another question. For the bus, do i have to go to the port authority bus terminal and buy the tickets ahead of time? or do i buy it on my way there. Do they run out of tickets or such?

cken
01-06-2012, 12:49 AM
youcan buy it from the guy standing outside the bus itself at the bus gate. if you show up in giants gear, port authority employees will point you in the right direction. but of course when in doubt ask.

NYgiants141
01-06-2012, 12:55 AM
youcan buy it from the guy standing outside the bus itself at the bus gate. if you show up in giants gear, port authority employees will point you in the right direction. but of course when in doubt ask.

Thank you very much!

What about after the game? are these the coach buses?

http://www.coachusa.com/info/coachusa/ss.351express.asp

Sorry for asking so many questions, just a new thing for me and im doing it alone so i dont want anything to go wrong

repeatchamps
01-06-2012, 01:02 AM

Thank you very much!

Sorry for asking so many questions, just a new thing for me and im doing it alone so i dont want anything to go wrong
</P>

After the game go to the same spot you were dropped off. You will see lines right away to get on the buses that take you back to Port Authority. If you are not sure ask security after the game and they will point you in the right direction.</P>

cken
01-06-2012, 01:05 AM

Thank you very much!

</P>

After the game go to the same spot you were dropped off. You will see lines right away to get on the buses that take you back to Port Authority. If you are not sure ask security after the game and they will point you in the right direction.</P>

yep person who post before menailed it. go to the same spot and there will b a line of buses. dont worry there will ALWAYS be enough buses.

NYgiants141
01-06-2012, 01:14 AM
This is very informing and comforting haha thank you all so much

cken
01-06-2012, 01:38 AM

anytime, we are all family on this board (though i have witnessed many heated discussions, so i guess a slightly dysfunctional family?)

giantsforce
01-06-2012, 02:06 PM

anytime, we are all family on this board (though i have witnessed many heated discussions, so i guess a slightly dysfunctional family?)You are right about the family thing. I live in Arizona and whenever I see a car with a Giants' sticker I either honk and give thumbs up or if it is in the parking lot and I see the owner, I always talk to them. I remember when the Cards moved to Phoenix in 87, I was going to the games and they were more Giants fans than Cards. It felt like a home game. Ah, the good old days: used to wait until the game started and then I bought tickets from scalpers for $30 on the 50 yard line! I have not been to the UOP stadium yet because I moved to another part of the state. We may be a "dysfunctional" family on this board, but when we meet person to person, most of us treat each other with respect and we help each other.

TroyArcher
01-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Get therea few hours early and enjoy the tailgating experience. I am sure you can find some friendly Ginat fans.

BigBlueOnes
01-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Nobody told you the most important thing: prepare to have no voice for a few days after the game. I went to the Packers game and my ears rung for a day due to the extreme yelling and LOUD crowd behind me, and of course I had to "outdo" them so I screamed my bloody testicles off!! I seriously had no voice for 48 hours. Have fun, you are lucky to be going to this game!!

Bones911
01-06-2012, 04:36 PM
If your coming from the city you could also go to Penn Station and take the Meadowlands Express as an alternative solution.

NYgiants141
01-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Everyone is telling me how awful it is that I'm going alone...I replied I'm going to be with family.

Hope the fans sitting near me are easy to talk to though

dinz
01-06-2012, 06:42 PM

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cken
01-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Nobody told you the most important thing: prepare to have no voice for a few days after the game. I went to the Packers game and my ears rung for a day due to the extreme yelling and LOUD crowd behind me, and of course I had to "outdo" them so I screamed my bloody testicles off!! I seriously had no voice for 48 hours. Have fun, you are lucky to be going to this game!!

you can say that again, plus the previous day that i went to a game i was cheering on my college's ncaa basketball team. so definitely lost my voice for a few days after that...

cken
01-06-2012, 07:27 PM

anytime, we are all family on this board (though i have witnessed many heated discussions, so i guess a slightly dysfunctional family?)You are right about the family thing. I live in Arizona and whenever I see a car with a Giants' sticker I either honk and give thumbs up or if it is in the parking lot and I see the owner, I always talk to them. I remember when the Cards moved to Phoenix in 87, I was going to the games and they were more Giants fans than Cards. It felt like a home game. Ah, the good old days: used to wait until the game started and then I bought tickets from scalpers for $30 on the 50 yard line! I have not been to the UOP stadium yet because I moved to another part of the state. We may be a "dysfunctional" family on this board, but when we meet person to person, most of us treat each other with respect and we help each other.

so true, my first game my brother and i actually made new friends with tailgaters who go to every game(we are from the city so no car). so now, if we ever go to a game, we got the brisket!