PDA

View Full Version : Why are there so many seats available?

GiantsYanks
01-06-2012, 10:23 AM
I bought my seats on Monday through a PSL holder I know.. paid 350 for two uppers with parking. Now I'm looking on stubhub and people are selling them below face value? I couldnt' find a ticket anywhere near face value for the Cowboys game but for a playoff game I can? What am I missing here? Are we going to have a full house this Sunday? I'm confused

GameTime
01-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Many STH that I kknow are selling their playoff tix or not even buying them. So if they don then the Giants org has too. It sucks. Never an issue years ago with so many tix available. At least I don think so. </P>

Great that tix are available to people who ohterwise wouldnt be able to gobut at the same time it shows that there is a waining fanbase who wants to go or cant afford to go. </P>

</P>

buddy33
01-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Lost of factors to consider. It's a lot of money to pay especially after the holidays. The Giants have been inconsistent and some may be happy about the playoffs but still have their doubts. Honestly, watching it at home is a lot of fun. No traffic and it's free.

Lots of reasons why, but money is probably #1. Make them half price they would have a waiting list in 10 minutes.

BlueJayC
01-06-2012, 10:41 AM
I think a lot has to do with cost......just coming off the holidays......everyone who shelled out money for the Cowboys game probably doesn't want to do the same for the Falcons game and PSL holders missing the boat on filing the playoff paperwork for either lack of faith, tight funds or just missing the notices. I know at least 4 PSL holders who "claim" (using that term lightly) that they never received notice and refuse to buy tickets through Stub-Hub, Ticketmaster, etc......because they want "their" seats.</P>

Pretty sure Jet-Blue sent out a section from the Giants PSL agreement that says something along the lines of "if the PSL holder refuses the ticket option the tickets are then offered to the public however if they fail to sell to the public the PSL holder is then required to purchase them." I THINK THAT'S WHAT IT SAID......don't hold me to it.</P>

Manning
01-06-2012, 10:42 AM
MetLife Stadium sucks. They spent $1.7 billion on a stadium that has a ton of downgrades for the average ticketholder (i.e. Seats way further from field in 300 section, UNBEARABLE foot traffic moving up & down from the concourses, and etc.) Season ticketholders had to give up money for PSLs to acquire these inferior seats, and on top of that they increased concession prices through the roof.

Why would I want to pay these prices to sit in the rain/cold for 4 hours, when the home gameday experience is much better?

MetLife Stadium is a debacle and an embarrassment to the Giants organization. They should be ashamed of the venue, especially since they didn't put on a retractable roof with all the money that was spent.

This is coming from a 15 year ticket holder who is selling his PSL this offseason.

repeatchamps
01-06-2012, 10:42 AM
I bought my seats on Monday through a PSL holder I know.. paid 350 for two uppers with parking. Now I'm looking on stubhub and people are selling them below face value? I couldnt' find a ticket anywhere near face value for the Cowboys game but for a playoff game I can? What am I missing here? Are we going to have a full house this Sunday? I'm confused
</P>

Below face value? Lol,certainly not the case on stubhub and the prices listed do not include fees:</P>

http://www.stubhub.com/new-york-giants-playoff-tickets/giants-vs-falcons-1-8-2012-2782182/</P>

greenca190
01-06-2012, 10:57 AM
MetLife Stadium sucks. They spent $1.7 billion on a stadium that has a ton of downgrades for the average ticketholder (i.e. Seats way further from field in 300 section, UNBEARABLE foot traffic moving up & down from the concourses, and etc.) Season ticketholders had to give up money for PSLs to acquire these inferior seats, and on top of that they increased concession prices through the roof.

Why would I want to pay these prices to sit in the rain/cold for 4 hours, when the home gameday experience is much better?

MetLife Stadium is a debacle and an embarrassment to the Giants organization. They should be ashamed of the venue, especially since they didn't put on a retractable roof with all the money that was spent.

This is coming from a 15 year ticket holder who is selling his PSL this offseason.

I've been to about 30 games at the Ralph in Buffalo, New York over the last ten years. I moved down to Brooklyn last August, and went to training camp at Giants stadium, then caught a game this season for the first time outside of Buffalo.

That stadium is the tits. Be grateful that we have something that doesn't look like it will collapse at any moment, and ownership that is willing to make changes. I know comparing the Giants and Bills economically is drastically different, but as someone who is a fan of both, I am very happy with the steps the Giants ownership have taken over the last couple of years.

Have you been to a game in Western New York before?

Providence
01-06-2012, 11:01 AM
I bought my seats on Monday through a PSL holder I know.. paid 350 for two uppers with parking.* Now I'm looking on stubhub and people are selling them below face value?* I couldnt' find a ticket anywhere near face value for the Cowboys game but for a playoff game I can? What am I missing here? Are we going to have a full house this Sunday?* I'm confused

Two words: Ronald Reagan

GameTime
01-06-2012, 11:08 AM
MetLife Stadium sucks. They spent $1.7 billion on a stadium that has a ton of downgrades for the average ticketholder (i.e. Seats way further from field in 300 section, UNBEARABLE foot traffic moving up &amp; down from the concourses, and etc.) Season ticketholders had to give up money for PSLs to acquire these inferior seats, and on top of that they increased concession prices through the roof. Why would I want to pay these prices to sit in the rain/cold for 4 hours, when the home gameday experience is much better? MetLife Stadium is a debacle and an embarrassment to the Giants organization. They should be ashamed of the venue, especially since they didn't put on a retractable roof with all the money that was spent. This is coming from a 15 year ticket holder who is selling his PSL this offseason.</P>

So you would have sit in the rain and cold for 4 hours in th eold stadium but not this one?? Was the rain and cold different back then??</P>

They got the Super Bowl coming in 2014 as well. </P>

I hear you but the stadium is not a debacle. </P>

Manning
01-06-2012, 11:15 AM

I've been to about 30 games at the Ralph in Buffalo, New York over the last ten years. I moved down to Brooklyn last August, and went to training camp at Giants stadium, then caught a game this season for the first time outside of Buffalo.

That stadium is the tits. Be grateful that we have something that doesn't look like it will collapse at any moment, and ownership that is willing to make changes. I know comparing the Giants and Bills economically is drastically different, but as someone who is a fan of both, I am very happy with the steps the Giants ownership have taken over the last couple of years.

I don't know what you are arguing. Yes MetLife doesn't look like it going to collapse, but the stadium has too many flaws for the prices.

It is not bad attending once a year or every other year, but being a season ticketholder sucks. Going to the games has become a hassle now, and it gets magnified when my pockets gouged for every possible penny.

If the game is close and everyone leaves at the sametime and you are on the 300 level, it takes over 30 minutes to get outside the stadium and on to the concourse. That is UNACCEPTABLE (And I'm not even exaggerating - I have tried taking the escalators, ramps, and stair in these situations) . At Giants stadium it was less than 5 minutes, by taking one escalator down.

Manning
01-06-2012, 11:19 AM
MetLife Stadium sucks. They spent $1.7 billion on a stadium that has a ton of downgrades for the average ticketholder (i.e. Seats way further from field in 300 section, UNBEARABLE foot traffic moving up & down from the concourses, and etc.) Season ticketholders had to give up money for PSLs to acquire these inferior seats, and on top of that they increased concession prices through the roof. Why would I want to pay these prices to sit in the rain/cold for 4 hours, when the home gameday experience is much better? MetLife Stadium is a debacle and an embarrassment to the Giants organization. They should be ashamed of the venue, especially since they didn't put on a retractable roof with all the money that was spent. This is coming from a 15 year ticket holder who is selling his PSL this offseason.</P>

So you would have sit in the rain and cold for 4 hours in th eold stadium but not this one?? Was the rain and cold different back then??</P>

Sitting in the rain and cold was acceptable in a building 30 years old, that was built before retractable roofs existed. It was also acceptable before there were PSLs for all seats, and $10 beers and hot dogs.

TrueBlue2180
MetLife Stadium sucks. They spent $1.7 billion on a stadium that has a ton of downgrades for the average ticketholder (i.e. Seats way further from field in 300 section, UNBEARABLE foot traffic moving up &amp; down from the concourses, and etc.) Season ticketholders had to give up money for PSLs to acquire these inferior seats, and on top of that they increased concession prices through the roof.

I don't know what you are arguing. Yes MetLife doesn't look like it going to collapse, but the stadium has too many flaws for the prices.

It is not bad attending once a year or every other year, but being a season ticketholder sucks. Going to the games has become a hassle now, and it gets magnified when my pockets gouged for every possible penny.

If the game is close and everyone leaves at the sametime and you are on the 300 level, it takes over 30 minutes to get outside the stadium and on to the concourse. That is UNACCEPTABLE (And I'm not even exaggerating - I have tried taking the escalators, ramps, and stair in these situations) . At Giants stadium it was less than 5 minutes, by taking one escalator down.

I'm totally with you on the escalators. I'm in the upper deck too, and it was great taking a straight shot escalator right up in the old stadium.

greenca190

I'm arguing that it's a hell of a stadium.

Firstly, chill out.

Secondly, I get your stance of how being a season ticket holder, and what you were previously use to, is completely different from the fan who is just going to one or two games a year. To be honest with you, I think it is one of the most stupid business decisions to make to invest in season tickets at that stadium as well. Not because of the stadium itself, or how long it takes you to get out of it, but because it's a hell of a lot of money.

Seems as if your more upset about the price tag than anything else. Understandable, and it's unfortunate that those who have season tickets for as long as they can remember are being driven out by the PSL's. But if you can't afford it, or don't feel as if the product correlates to the cost, make the right decision and instead of whining, stop going. Which it sounds like is what you're doing. You'll still be a fan.

None of this, however, has anything to do with how awesome of a stadium we have, and how grateful our fans should feel for having something so extravagant when some teams in the league can't even find a city that wants them there.

RoanokeFan
01-06-2012, 11:21 AM

There a re seats available for every game. Not every seat is offered to PSL holders. Visiting teams get some, etc.

TuckYou
01-06-2012, 11:30 AM
The reason I have been blowing off games is because the cost of tickets, food, beer, parking ect.. and the fact that the Giants are so up and down. I could of went to the Giants Jets game when I was up tehre for the holidays. I was thinking about it. Looked on stub hub and it was about 160 a ticket, not including anything else. I was floored. Then I still was thinking how cool it would be, but then I watch them lay down vs the skins the week before. That sealed it for me. </P>

I tend to go to a game a year, home or away. But I didnt this season. </P>

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 11:35 AM
This is our 1st home playoff game in ages, and unless we play the Lions in the NFC Championship game, this will be our only home playoff game..... So im gonna suck it up and drop a few bucks on tickets. $200 per person for 4 seats on the 50 up in the 300's with a parking pass included (well worth it considering regular season games are over $100)

About the weather, I got 3 letters for you complainers.... B-F-D

We're Giants fans, we've been fans in all types of inclement weather. A 40degree day in NJ should be a blessing (then again, a few of us crazies want snow) all ya need to do is bring an extra grill with a few logs and you got yourself a mobile space heater

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 11:37 AM
The reason I have been blowing off games is because the cost of tickets, food, beer, parking ect.. and the fact that the Giants are so up and down. I could of went to the Giants Jets game when I was up tehre for the holidays. I was thinking about it. Looked on stub hub and it was about 160 a ticket, not including anything else. I was floored. Then I still was thinking how cool it would be, but then I watch them lay down vs the skins the week before. That sealed it for me. </p>

I tend to go to a game a year, home or away. But I didnt this season. </p>I paid the same price (including parking) and it was WELL WORTH IT. Its not like a giants vs skins game, jets only play the Giants in the regualr season 1nce every 4 years and with all the media hype and such it was a no brainer for me.

I can understand not going becuase of paying for a game the week before, but that game on Christmas Eve was one in a million...

greenca190
01-06-2012, 11:38 AM
This is our 1st home playoff game in ages, and unless we play the Lions in the NFC Championship game, this will be our only home playoff game..... So im gonna suck it up and drop a few bucks on tickets.* $200 per person for 4 seats on the 50 up in the 300's with a parking pass included (well worth it considering regular season games are over $100)

We're Giants fans, we've been fans in all types of inclement weather.* A 40degree day in NJ should be a blessing (then again, a few of us crazies want snow) all ya need to do is bring an extra grill with a few logs and you got yourself a mobile space heater

People are nervous about 40 degree weather, and possibly snow?

It was 60 degrees colder than that outside my home last year at this time. Grow a pair, people.

YATittle1962
01-06-2012, 11:45 AM
MetLife Stadium sucks. They spent $1.7 billion on a stadium that has a ton of downgrades for the average ticketholder (i.e. Seats way further from field in 300 section, UNBEARABLE foot traffic moving up & down from the concourses, and etc.) Season ticketholders had to give up money for PSLs to acquire these inferior seats, and on top of that they increased concession prices through the roof. Why would I want to pay these prices to sit in the rain/cold for 4 hours, when the home gameday experience is much better? MetLife Stadium is a debacle and an embarrassment to the Giants organization. They should be ashamed of the venue, especially since they didn't put on a retractable roof with all the money that was spent. This is coming from a 15 year ticket holder who is selling his PSL this offseason.</P>

Sitting in the rain and cold was acceptable in a building 30 years old, that was built before retractable roofs existed. It was also acceptable before there were PSLs for all seats, and $10 beers and hot dogs.

why in the world would you want a retractable roof on a football stadium?.......a game that is meant to be played in the elements

Ill admit leaving the stadium can be a nightmare without spirals and direct escalators ......but debacle is an absolute exaggeration

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 11:56 AM
why in the world would you want a retractable roof on a football stadium?.......a game that is meant to be played in the elements

Ill admit leaving the stadium can be a nightmare without spirals and direct escalators ......but debacle is an absolute exaggeration

Agreed!!!

My pops who is a lifelong Giants fan and now a retired crotchety old man full time HATES even watching Dome teams on TV. He's an old school kind of guy that remembers playing tackle football in the snow and rain up in the BX, and like father like son we BOTH agree that football should be played in the worst weather.

When I used to play (way back when) I would always look foward to rain or snow games

PLEASE BRING BACK THE SPIRALS and DIRECT ESCALATORS!!!!!

Manning
01-06-2012, 11:57 AM
This is our 1st home playoff game in ages, and unless we play the Lions in the NFC Championship game, this will be our only home playoff game..... So im gonna suck it up and drop a few bucks on tickets.* $200 per person for 4 seats on the 50 up in the 300's with a parking pass included (well worth it considering regular season games are over $100)

We're Giants fans, we've been fans in all types of inclement weather.* A 40degree day in NJ should be a blessing (then again, a few of us crazies want snow) all ya need to do is bring an extra grill with a few logs and you got yourself a mobile space heater

It was 60 degrees colder than that outside my home last year at this time. Grow a pair, people.

You are missing my point. I can go outside and deal with the cold for 3 hours, but why would I want to pay $200+ a pop for the rights to a 300 level seat that is so far from the field and is outside in cold/rain/ etc. Factor in the 2+ hours of commuting and sitting in parking lot traffic. Then factor in the $50 you will spend in concessions. Factor in the 30 minutes it takes to walk out of the stadium. We are looking at spending 6-7 hours plus $500+ for two tickets with a horrendous view to sit in the cold to watch a game.

Guess what, I can sit on my couch have a party get a ****load of food & beer, and have a view on my 60" LED that is far superior to a 300 level seat for a fraction of the cost, and a fraction of the time spent.

A stadium that was $1.7 BILLION, that I helped pay for should IMPROVE my experience. Instead my experience has either stayed the same, or has actually worsened from Giants Stadium.

Providence

I agree with your sentiments YA. Retractable roofs are silly. This is a game that is defined by toughness, yet we have to shield ourselves from the elements? That doesn't add up. Minnesota was an outdoor stadium for a long time then they wussed out. NYG shouldn't do the same.

Besides, who wants to be in a dome when there's 80,000 people farting?

greenca190

I'd put a roof on it if I owned it. Retractable means you don't have to have it up while playing. Only the Jets would do that.

But for other events that you want to hold. It'd be nice to have a roof.

greenca190
01-06-2012, 12:02 PM

You are missing my point. I can go outside and deal with the cold for 3 hours, but why would I want to pay $200+ a pop for the rights to a 300 level seat that is so far from the field and is outside in cold/rain/ etc. Factor in the 2+ hours of commuting and sitting in parking lot traffic. Then factor in the $50 you will spend in concessions. Factor in the 30 minutes it takes to walk out of the stadium. We are looking at spending 6-7 hours plus $500+ for two tickets with a horrendous view to sit in the cold to watch a game.

Guess what, I can sit on my couch have a party get a ****load of food & beer, and have a view on my 60" LED that is far superior to a 300 level seat for a fraction of the cost, and a fraction of the time spent.

A stadium that was $1.7 BILLION, that I helped pay for should IMPROVE my experience. Instead my experience has either stayed the same, or has actually worsened from Giants Stadium.

I'm not saying you should want to. I don't want to spend five hundred dollars on anything.

But recognize that it's a hell of a stadium compared to others.

Did you read my previous post? Somewhere in there I told you to chill out, so I'm guessing you didn't...

Newman80
01-06-2012, 12:02 PM
My problem with the giants and the season ticket policy is unless you spend 10k PSL they don't give you a parking pass? I was about to buy 2 seats in the field 3 section and the PSL for each seat was 5k then add in the game ticket prices. your talking 15k on the spot and the girl was like O you will have to buty a parking pass online! who are they giving them too then? I decided not to do it one because of the way they treated the season tix holders when they moved to the new staduim plus the parking pass deal. I go to about 4 games a year now.I have them money to get season tixs but not sure If it is really worth it. I may wait and see if i can get lucky and get them off the exchange for a better price. 15k and no parking pass wow

BlueJayC
01-06-2012, 12:06 PM
<FONT size=4>TAILGATING PROPERLY</FONT> = No $$$ on concessions.</P>

<FONT size=4>LAYER UP (DRESS ACCORDINGLY)</FONT> = Being Warm for Game.....this is the North East....the weather "typically" this time of year is an advantage......take your roof/dome and shove it......NO comes here next year.....you want to put a roof on for them or ATL who is a dome team?!?!?!?!</P>

<FONT size=4>FAKE A LIMP</FONT> = Elevator to the concourse.</P>

All problems solved.....it's now playoiff time!!!!!!!</P>

</P>

Manning
01-06-2012, 12:07 PM

I'd put a roof on it if I owned it. Retractable means you don't have to have it up while playing. Only the Jets would do that.

If a facility has a retractable roof, I believe that the NFL has rules saying it has to be closed if it is raining, or under a certain temp. Not 100% sure about that tho.

greenca190
01-06-2012, 12:11 PM

If a facility has a retractable roof, I believe that the NFL has rules saying it has to be closed if it is raining, or under a certain temp. Not 100% sure about that tho.

Well that's ****ing lame.

ebick
01-06-2012, 12:14 PM
This is our 1st home playoff game in ages</P>

The 2008 season wasn't that long ago.....</P>

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 12:14 PM
This is our 1st home playoff game in ages, and unless we play the Lions in the NFC Championship game, this will be our only home playoff game..... So im gonna suck it up and drop a few bucks on tickets. $200 per person for 4 seats on the 50 up in the 300's with a parking pass included (well worth it considering regular season games are over $100)

We're Giants fans, we've been fans in all types of inclement weather. A 40degree day in NJ should be a blessing (then again, a few of us crazies want snow) all ya need to do is bring an extra grill with a few logs and you got yourself a mobile space heater

Guess what, I can sit on my couch have a party get a ****load of food &amp; beer, and have a view on my 60" LED that is far superior to a 300 level seat for a fraction of the cost, and a fraction of the time spent.

Why do anything that isnt totally kush and optimal for you???

You should want to go to the game cause its gonna be our only home playoff game this season and has been our only home playoff game in ages. Big deal how cold it is, layer up, living in the NE I figured you'd get accustomed to the winter cold.

I sit in the 300s every game, and honestly I think 300 level seats on the 50yd line are the best in the house and Ive sat all over this new stadium (cept club seats)

Are you really complaining that it takes time to get into the stadium!?!?!

Honestly I think you're complaining for the sake of complaining....

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 12:15 PM
This is our 1st home playoff game in ages</p>

The 2008 season wasn't that long ago.....</p>It sure feels like an eternity

Manning
01-06-2012, 12:21 PM

Why do anything that isnt totally kush and optimal for you???

You should want to go to the game cause its gonna be our only home playoff game this season and has been our only home playoff game in ages.* Big deal how cold it is, layer up, living in the NE I figured you'd get accustomed to the winter cold.

I sit in the 300s every game, and honestly I think 300 level seats on the 50yd line are the best in the house and Ive sat all over this new stadium (cept club seats)

Are you really complaining that it takes time to get into the stadium!?!?!

Honestly I think you're complaining for the sake of complaining....

I've gone to the 2005 Playoff game vs the Panthers & 2008 Playoff game vs the Eagles. I burned $1000 for those games. They played like poop. It was the most miserable $1000 I've ever spent.

If they ever play like poop, and you spend that kind of money on tickets you get fed up.

Only playoff game I've been to that they won was Super Bowl XLII. And guess what I got those tickets for face value which were $700. People are paying $450+ a ticket for regular season games at MetLife.

And talk about a beautiful venue that got it right, University of Phoenix Stadium is terrific.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-06-2012, 12:48 PM
I think alot of ppl for missing the OP's point. He's complaining that he's paying much more money for a new stadium that isn't better than the old stadium. </P>

If you look at any product. If you pay more for it, you expect (though it's not always true) for the new product to be better. </P>

I went to my first game this year (xman eve) in the new stadium. There were a couple of things that seems improved, but there wasn't anything about the stadium that I was like "wow, this is so much better than the old stadium". </P>

I think that's really the problem the OP has. The increased cost hasn't translated to a comparatively better experience. </P>

GiantsYanks
01-06-2012, 12:52 PM
I think alot of ppl for missing the OP's point. He's complaining that he's paying much more money for a new stadium that isn't better than the old stadium. </p>

If you look at any product. If you pay more for it, you expect (though it's not always true) for the new product to be better. </p>

I went to my first game this year (xman eve) in the new stadium. There were a couple of things that seems improved, but there wasn't anything about the stadium that I was like "wow, this is so much better than the old stadium". </p>

I think that's really the problem the OP has. The increased cost hasn't translated to a comparatively better experience. </p>

Actually I'm the OP and I really like the new stadium =)

My question was why were there so many tickets available at below or near face value for such a big game when I was struggling to find tickets to the Cowboys game.

The thread just went into a different direction lol

Manning
01-06-2012, 12:53 PM
I think alot of ppl for missing the OP's point. He's complaining that he's paying much more money for a new stadium that isn't better than the old stadium. </p>

If you look at any product. If you pay more for it, you expect (though it's not always true) for the new product to be better. </p>

I went to my first game this year (xman eve) in the new stadium. There were a couple of things that seems improved, but there wasn't anything about the stadium that I was like "wow, this is so much better than the old stadium". </p>

I think that's really the problem the OP has. The increased cost hasn't translated to a comparatively better experience. </p>

My question was why were there so many tickets available at below or near face value for such a big game when I was struggling to find tickets to the Cowboys game.

I hijacked it :(

But yes, the new cool factor wears off after a few visits. Doesn't help that the product on the field hasn't been the best at home games at MetLife.

Mod_C
01-06-2012, 01:02 PM

It's a building where you go to watch a football game for three hours.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-06-2012, 01:07 PM
I think alot of ppl for missing the OP's point. He's complaining that he's paying much more money for a new stadium that isn't better than the old stadium. </P>

If you look at any product. If you pay more for it, you expect (though it's not always true) for the new product to be better. </P>

I went to my first game this year (xman eve) in the new stadium. There were a couple of things that seems improved, but there wasn't anything about the stadium that I was like "wow, this is so much better than the old stadium". </P>

I think that's really the problem the OP has. The increased cost hasn't translated to a comparatively better experience. </P>

I hijacked it :( But yes, the new cool factor wears off after a few visits. Doesn't help that the product on the field hasn't been the best at home games at MetLife.</P>

My bad, the thread just became so much about the stadium I forgot about your original post. lol. </P>

I personally think the stadium is nice, but I can certainly see why someone would ask what is so special about it that is cost so much more than other new stadiums. </P>

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 01:08 PM
In the past 10 years, I've gone to the 2005 Playoff game vs the Panthers &amp; 2008 Playoff game vs the Eagles. I burned $1000 for those games. They played like poop. It was the most miserable $1000 I've ever spent.

If they ever play like poop, and you spend that kind of money on tickets you get fed up.

Only playoff game I've been to that they won was Super Bowl XLII. And guess what I got those tickets for face value which were $700. People are paying $450+ a ticket for regular season games at MetLife.

And talk about a beautiful venue that got it right, University of Phoenix Stadium is terrific.If you could predict what games our team would show up for and play their hearts out you would be Marty McFly and would have the sports almanac in your back pocket

Unfortuinatley this ISNT 'Back 2 the Future' so we dont know when our team is gonna go all out and win. If I knew when they would win, of course we'd only go to winning games, but that isnt part of life.

Dont talk to me about bad games, I was at that debacle at the stadium against the iggles last season

I have never been to an away game (Christmas Eve doesnt count) so I dont have any other football stadiums to compare The New Giants Stadium to expect the Old Stadium and the stadium where the Pitt Panthers play. Honestly Old Giants stadium was the best. Being a fan who almost always sits in the 300's and enjoys a halftime smoke, I REALLY miss those direct escalators and spirals that cut the time of getting to your seat in half

eastbayblue
01-06-2012, 01:11 PM

Apparently the seats that are left are club level $400 a piece, not a big deal and NFL blackout rules do not apply to club level seats.

NYSPORTS
01-06-2012, 01:12 PM
1. The economy
2. High definition TV's
3. There is no rivalry with Atlanta
4. There is no visiting fan base demanding the tickets. Has anybody ever seen a Falcons fan before? What does one look like?

Last minute more will buy but the demand isn't there.

Manning
01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
In the past 10 years, I've gone to the 2005 Playoff game vs the Panthers & 2008 Playoff game vs the Eagles. I burned $1000 for those games. They played like poop. It was the most miserable $1000 I've ever spent.

And talk about a beautiful venue that got it right, University of Phoenix Stadium is terrific.If you could predict what games our team would show up for and play their hearts out you would be Marty McFly and would have the sports almanac in your back pocket

Unfortuinatley this ISNT 'Back 2 the Future' so we dont know when our team is gonna go all out and win.* If I knew when they would win, of course we'd only go to winning games, but that isnt part of life.

Dont talk to me about bad games, I was at that debacle at the stadium against the iggles last season

I have never been to an away game (Christmas Eve doesnt count) so I dont have any other football stadiums to compare The New Giants Stadium to expect the Old Stadium and the stadium where the Pitt Panthers play.* Honestly Old Giants stadium was the best.* Being a fan who almost always sits in the 300's and enjoys a halftime smoke, I REALLY miss those direct escalators and spirals that cut the time of getting to your seat in half

My point exactly. As a season ticket holder for 15 years, I'm now paying SO MUCH more money since we moved to MetLife. My costs have increased, but the fan experience hasn't.

Giants Stadium was fine, and if they were making a new facility they should have improved the fan experience for ALL fans. They spent $1.7 BILLION.

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
1. The economy
2. High definition TV's
4. There is no visiting fan base demanding the tickets. Has anybody ever seen a Falcons fan before? What does one look like?

I think this pic was taken from a Falcons tailgate

http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/red_neck_car.jpg

And im pretty sure this guy does the halftime show

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w13/dearjonboy/Deliverance2.jpg

Drez
01-06-2012, 01:23 PM
MetLife Stadium sucks. They spent $1.7 billion on a stadium that has a ton of downgrades for the average ticketholder (i.e. Seats way further from field in 300 section, UNBEARABLE foot traffic moving up &amp; down from the concourses, and etc.) Season ticketholders had to give up money for PSLs to acquire these inferior seats, and on top of that they increased concession prices through the roof. Why would I want to pay these prices to sit in the rain/cold for 4 hours, when the home gameday experience is much better? MetLife Stadium is a debacle and an embarrassment to the Giants organization. They should be ashamed of the venue, especially since they didn't put on a retractable roof with all the money that was spent. This is coming from a 15 year ticket holder who is selling his PSL this offseason.</P>

Sitting in the rain and cold was acceptable in a building 30 years old, that was built before retractable roofs existed. It was also acceptable before there were PSLs for all seats, and $10 beers and hot dogs.</P>

That retractable roof would have doubled your PSL and made those $25 beers and hotdogs.</P>

Giantsin04
01-06-2012, 01:24 PM
My tix (corner mez) have a face of $130 for this game. Earlier in the week, on stubhub, tix in my section were listed at over $300. Today, same tix are listed at $200. It does appear that the demand has cooled as we get closer to the game. The opposite was true for the Dallas game. Interesting.
For the people saying that it is about the money and holidays, and etc... That is not the case as I refer to my Dallas game comment. It is simply not as appealing of a game to the masses. That is not my feeling, but it appears to be the feeling of the marketplace.

Manning
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM

Sitting in the rain and cold was acceptable in a building 30 years old, that was built before retractable roofs existed. It was also acceptable before there were PSLs for all seats, and $10 beers and hot dogs.</P>

That retractable roof would have doubled your PSL and made those $25 beers and hotdogs.</P>

Not to mention we split the financing of this building in half with another team. SMH.

BigBlueOnes
01-06-2012, 01:26 PM

Oh WAAAAAhhh!!!! Stop your crying. You are proud of your tough NFC East smash mouth team that braves the elements but you need a roof?

Drez
01-06-2012, 01:27 PM

I hijacked it :( But yes, the new cool factor wears off after a few visits. Doesn't help that the product on the field hasn't been the best at home games at MetLife.</P>

My bad, the thread just became so much about the stadium I forgot about your original post. lol. </P>

I personally think the stadium is nice, but I can certainly see why someone would ask what is so special about it that is cost so much more than other new stadiums. </P>

</P>

It cost so much more than other new stadia because of where it was built. Things just cost more in the NYC Metro area. </P>

Then there's also the little consideration of when it was built, during the recession, when all commodity prices from oil to steel skyrocketed.</P>

If Metlife was built somewhere else or earlier, it probably would have cost 1/3-2/5 less.</P>

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 01:28 PM
In the past 10 years, I've gone to the 2005 Playoff game vs the Panthers &amp; 2008 Playoff game vs the Eagles. I burned $1000 for those games. They played like poop. It was the most miserable $1000 I've ever spent.

Unfortuinatley this ISNT 'Back 2 the Future' so we dont know when our team is gonna go all out and win. If I knew when they would win, of course we'd only go to winning games, but that isnt part of life.

I have never been to an away game (Christmas Eve doesnt count) so I dont have any other football stadiums to compare The New Giants Stadium to expect the Old Stadium and the stadium where the Pitt Panthers play. Honestly Old Giants stadium was the best. Being a fan who almost always sits in the 300's and enjoys a halftime smoke, I REALLY miss those direct escalators and spirals that cut the time of getting to your seat in half

My point exactly. As a season ticket holder for 15 years, I'm now paying SO MUCH more money since we moved to MetLife. My costs have increased, but the fan experience hasn't.

Giants Stadium was fine, and if they were making a new facility they should have improved the fan experience for ALL fans. They spent $1.7 BILLION.OK I thought you were just complaining before for the sake of complaining, my bad

Giants stadium was fine for me, only thing I do inside of the stadium is watch football, buy beer, and take a piss. I could careless about all the other crap.

And speaking of, has anyone noticed the level of disparity between the 1st level and 3rd level concourses?? The 1st level is like walking through a wide open sunny meadow, the 3rd level is similar to driving on the Van Wyck on a Friday during Rush Hour, its narrow, overpacked, n everyone is TRYING to move 100mpg but actually not moving at all

Dont get me started on leaving the stadium and getting back to your car or taking the train......

BigBlueOnes
01-06-2012, 01:35 PM
This is addressed to "Manning" again. Sorry for my Waaaah above about your whining. While I do think you're complaining needlessly about some things (long walk and a roof) I think you have valid points. I was offered season tickets FINALLY! after the new stadium was built, but no way I'm spending that much money after visiting the stadium. It's a fine stadium, but for the money give me something other than roll away carts/vendors/grey concrete and open, windy concourses and exposed escalators. There is a modicum of comfort and decorum you'd expect for well past 1.5 BILLION dollars. I know it's an invalid comparison, but Texas stadium and Jerry Jones did it right. It is a spectacle, it's a showpiece for the fans and team. MetLife is downright ugly. But...it's our home and we should be thankful we have a good team and a shot this year. I just choose not ot buy a PSL and I can certainly see why you'd sell yours, I don't blame you.

BigBlue D
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Wow I can't bELIeve all these people complaining about having to sit outside in the elements to watch a football game. I honestly love going to games when it's cold out. The rain not so much, but I deal with it.

And yes my PSL's are in 334, and we don't have the "HDTV" view, but I think they are worth every penny. But then again that is why the word fan is derived from fanatic, cause that is what I am for the GIANTS.

I want to be at the game, cause I want to make an impact as the 12th man. I want to be able to be a part of that environment. This is an intangible that cannot be satisfied by sitting on your couch, eating chips, and downing beers.

I never spend money in the stadium aside from a beer or water when I first get in after that laborious walk up to the 3rd concourse. But you know it's exercise, and in this era of minimal physical exertion we can all use it (unless you are physically disabled, in that case you have the elevator.)

So please, all you so called "fans"on here complaining, man up and stop whining. Football is a man's game, ACT ACCORDINGLY.

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!

hungrrrry
01-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Many STH that I kknow are selling their playoff tix or not even buying them. So if they don then the Giants org has too. It sucks. Never an issue years ago with so many tix available. At least I don think so. </P>

Great that tix are available to people who ohterwise wouldnt be able to go*but at the same time it shows that there is a waining fanbase who wants to go or cant afford to go. </P>

*</P>the economy might be an ever-so-slight reason people can't go to games....just a guess.

I can buy the tickets but then its money to drive down, motel, extra food and booze then drinks and such IN the stadium...easy $1000 weekend for us and that is just me and my woman....however...if it just so happens to come to the Giants hosting the Lions, I am on it!

GameTime
01-06-2012, 04:15 PM

Great that tix are available to people who ohterwise wouldnt be able to gobut at the same time it shows that there is a waining fanbase who wants to go <FONT color=#000080 size=5>or cant afford to go</FONT>. </P>

</P>

<FONT color=#000080 size=4>the economy might be an ever-so-slight reason people can't go to games....just a guess</FONT>. I can buy the tickets but then its money to drive down, motel, extra food and booze then drinks and such IN the stadium...easy $1000 weekend for us and that is just me and my woman....however...if it just so happens to come to the Giants hosting the Lions, I am on it!</P>

no kidding.....that's what I said......</P>

Eli TO Shockey
01-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Don't knock the retractable roof until you experience it. I went to the giants cardinals game this year and wow what an exPerience. 72 degree room temperature stadium. I felt like I was sitting in my living room , except I had the giants sideline 100 feet in front of me. I loved it. And I'm sure most "oldschool" giants fans would warm up to it too. Pun intended :)

NYSPORTS
01-06-2012, 05:36 PM
1. The economy
2. High definition TV's

I think this pic was taken from a Falcons tailgate

http://www.dba-oracle.com/images/red_neck_car.jpg

And im pretty sure this guy does the halftime show

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w13/dearjonboy/Deliverance2.jpg

Awesome show lol

ShakeNBake
01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't mind the elements, its the drive through nyc and stadium traffic is horrible. If our stadium wasn't in another state I would go to more games.

craigjr007
01-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Wow I can't bELIeve all these people complaining about having to sit outside in the elements to watch a football game. I honestly love going to games when it's cold out. The rain not so much, but I deal with it.

And yes my PSL's are in 334, and we don't have the "HDTV" view, but I think they are worth every penny. But then again that is why the word fan is derived from fanatic, cause that is what I am for the GIANTS.

I want to be at the game, cause I want to make an impact as the 12th man. I want to be able to be a part of that environment. This is an intangible that cannot be satisfied by sitting on your couch, eating chips, and downing beers.

I never spend money in the stadium aside from a beer or water when I first get in after that laborious walk up to the 3rd concourse. But you know it's exercise, and in this era of minimal physical exertion we can all use it (unless you are physically disabled, in that case you have the elevator.)

So please, all you so called "fans"on here complaining, man up and stop whining. Football is a man's game, ACT ACCORDINGLY.

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!

yeahhh totally agree..sitting out there is not that bad, especially when
its gonna be like 45/50 on sunday...every seat in giants stadium is a
good seat...will be in 334 this weekend too !! time to nut up or shut up

pezman1963
01-06-2012, 11:48 PM
that true when I was a kid a playoff game was a dream in the 1960s and 1970s

miked1958
01-07-2012, 02:17 AM
I bought my seats on Monday through a PSL holder I know.. paid 350 for two uppers with parking.* Now I'm looking on stubhub and people are selling them below face value?* I couldnt' find a ticket anywhere near face value for the Cowboys game but for a playoff game I can? What am I missing here? Are we going to have a full house this Sunday?* I'm confused

Saw on falcons boards that their fans are buying up these tickets..

chbecker_99
01-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Can you believe prices for parking passes are more than the price for tickets? This makes no sense, and may force me to sell my tix, as I can't justify paying $125 to park. And I don't want the hassles of offsite parking.

jomo
01-07-2012, 09:42 AM
I can only think that it relates to the price. Obviously the Giants have a huge fan base in the largest sports market in the world.</P>

The other possibility is that there are more unsoldseason ticketsin the stadium than we know about. During the season, the Giants have months to peddle them on Ticketmaster. In the case of the playoffs, they have to move them in a matter of days. Just a guess but that's the best I've got. Go Blue!!</P>

</P>

PS I heard this morning that there are hundreds of tickets still available. That isn't very much in side a stadium which holds 80,000. Hopefully the remainder are snapped up by the Big Blue faithful.</P>

egyptian420
01-07-2012, 09:52 AM
Imagine how great it would be if all those tickets were given for free to the most rowdy and gutter giants fans out there who can't afford them.

Sure it wouldn't be fair to the people who paid and there might be more assaults/drunkenness, but man would the 12th man be rocking.

Jet-Blue
01-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Can you believe prices for parking passes are more than the price for tickets? This makes no sense, and may force me to sell my tix, as I can't justify paying $125 to park. And I don't want the hassles of offsite parking.

I saw that yesterday, they went from $35 for parking in the moring to over $120 in the evening. What happen there, was that all the extra tickets the were sold since Tuesday thru Ticketmaster created a huge secondary market, and the orignal PSL Holder who had extra PP are trying to make out.

I have 4 seats and 1 Parking Pass. The guy I share the seats with got the parking pass. We come from different directions. My other buddy, has 2 seats and a pass, I'm driving him, and we are splitting the cost of the his pass.

I bought 4 extra ticket thru Ticketmaster, one guy was able to get the PP for $50, the other was looking at $120, so he is going to try and squeeze in with someone else. It reallly seems the PP are the premium, not the seats.

Jet-Blue
01-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Imagine how great it would be if all those tickets were given for free to the most rowdy and gutter giants fans out there who can't afford them.

Sure it wouldn't be fair to the people who paid and there might be more assaults/drunkenness, but man would the 12th man be rocking.

What you really want to do to create that effect, is to give the extra tickets to JET Fans along with "Blue Jerseys" and let them after the Falcon Fans, then the place will be rocking. LOL

egyptian420
01-07-2012, 10:39 AM

What you really want to do to create that effect, is to give the extra tickets to JET Fans along with "Blue Jerseys" and let them after the Falcon Fans, then the place will be rocking. LOL
lol if only jets fans would comply....To their credit I'll admit they get the place rocking a lot more than we do. That phony fireman Ed gets them going.

Mod_C
01-11-2012, 07:04 PM
I can only think that it relates to the price. Obviously the Giants have a huge fan base in the largest sports market in the world.</p>

The other possibility is that there are more unsoldseason ticketsin the stadium than we know about. During the season, the Giants have months to peddle them on Ticketmaster. In the case of the playoffs, they have to move them in a matter of days. Just a guess but that's the best I've got. Go Blue!!</p>

</p>

PS I heard this morning that there are hundreds of tickets still available. That isn't very much in side a stadium which holds 80,000. Hopefully the remainder are snapped up by the Big Blue faithful.</p>

Scanning the stadium at the game I didn't see any large blocks of empty seats.

NYgiants141
01-11-2012, 07:06 PM
I can only think that it relates to the price. Obviously the Giants have a huge fan base in the largest sports market in the world.</p>

The other possibility is that there are more unsoldseason ticketsin the stadium than we know about. During the season, the Giants have months to peddle them on Ticketmaster. In the case of the playoffs, they have to move them in a matter of days. Just a guess but that's the best I've got. Go Blue!!</p>

</p>

PS I heard this morning that there are hundreds of tickets still available. That isn't very much in side a stadium which holds 80,000. Hopefully the remainder are snapped up by the Big Blue faithful.</p>

Yes, maybe 10 empty seats at most per section.

jomo
01-11-2012, 07:07 PM
I can only think that it relates to the price. Obviously the Giants have a huge fan base in the largest sports market in the world.</P>

The other possibility is that there are more unsoldseason ticketsin the stadium than we know about. During the season, the Giants have months to peddle them on Ticketmaster. In the case of the playoffs, they have to move them in a matter of days. Just a guess but that's the best I've got. Go Blue!!</P>

</P>

PS I heard this morning that there are hundreds of tickets still available. That isn't very much in side a stadium which holds 80,000. Hopefully the remainder are snapped up by the Big Blue faithful.</P>

Agreed! Only a few widely scattered empty seats in the club levels. The invasion from Atlanta also never materialized. I can't say that I saw 10 Falcon jerseys the entire day.

RoanokeFan
01-11-2012, 07:55 PM

</p>

Agreed! Only a few widely scattered empty seats in the club levels. The invasion from Atlanta also never materialized. I can't say that I saw 10 Falcon jerseys the entire day.

That's how I saw it as well. Usually when tailgating you see opposing fans walking around but not Sunday and then inside the stadium they were few and far between.