PDA

View Full Version : What if........

GameTime
01-06-2012, 10:38 AM
during the Dallas game:</P>

They dont recover the Jacobs fumble</P>

They dont recover the muffed punt</P>

Ware doesnt get the offsides on a fumble recovery</P>

I am not bashing the Giants with this thread I am mearly pointing out that the Giants were sloppy with the holding onto the ball. THEY CANNOT DO THAT THIS SUNDAY.....</P>

Protect ball all the time every play. </P>

ryan12
01-06-2012, 10:41 AM

I am not bashing the Giants with this thread I am mearly pointing out that the Giants were sloppy with the holding onto the ball. THEY CANNOT DO THAT THIS SUNDAY.....</P>

*Protect ball all the time every play. </P>

were in the playoff's and your 5 week negative streak is still going... what if goff and t2 dont get hurt what if tuck was 100% all year what if we didnt have 1,000 people on ir. what if WE START GETTING AMPED FOR THIS GAME.

GameTime
01-06-2012, 11:03 AM

were in the playoff's and your 5 week negative streak is still going... what if goff and t2 dont get hurt what if tuck was 100% all year what if we didnt have 1,000 people on ir. what if WE START GETTING AMPED FOR THIS GAME.</P>

my 5 week negative streak?? Me?....really?........I dont think so skippy...</P>

Like I said it wasnt to point out the negatives is was just to point out that this cannot happen on Sunday. Injuries are quite different then coughing up the rock......</P>

greenca190
01-06-2012, 11:09 AM

were in the playoff's and your 5 week negative streak is still going... what if goff and t2 dont get hurt what if tuck was 100% all year what if we didnt have 1,000 people on ir. what if WE START GETTING AMPED FOR THIS GAME.</P>

my 5 week negative streak?? Me?....really?........I dont think so skippy...</P>

Like I said it wasnt to point out the negatives is was just to point out that this cannot happen on Sunday. Injuries are quite different then coughing up the rock......</P>

You're right.

I'll be totally fine with losing in the playoffs if we lose while playing mistake free football. Now, I believe this team can win a super bowl, but I also believe we are already overachieving at this point.

I will just be extremely upset if we beat ourselves again. We all know what we are capable of, both bad and good.

fansince69
01-06-2012, 11:12 AM
What if the Cowboys don't recover the 3-4 balls they put on the ground?...There were several fumbles that were recovered by the team that lost them in this game....sometimes it is better to be lucky than good....Of course holding onto the football is the best approach but this is football and the ball takes funny bounces.That one play it seemed like 6 people had a shot for it and Eli ends up with it.

GameTime
01-06-2012, 11:15 AM
What if the Cowboys don't recover the 3-4 balls they put on the ground?...There were several fumbles that were recovered by the team that lost them in this game....sometimes it is better to be lucky than good....Of course holding onto the football is the best approach but this is football and the ball takes funny bounces.That one play it seemed like 6 people had a shot for it and Eli ends up with it.
</P>

not talking about the Cowboys. I want the Giants D to cause turnovers and I want the Giants offense to take care of the ball.....thats all. </P>

Giant stuck in Texas
01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
The Giants have been pretty good about not turning the ball over this season. The cold rain definitely played it's part in the cowboy game, therefor I'm not concerned.

lnp12
01-06-2012, 11:29 AM
The Giants have been pretty good about not turning the ball over this season. The cold rain definitely played it's part in the cowboy game, therefor I'm not concerned.

I agree. Fumbles haven't been a big problem for us this year; it seems like this game was an exception not the rule

poppa smurph
01-06-2012, 11:38 AM
The Giants could be facing the same weather this Sunday. </P>

Ball security is always a concern, and in the playoffs, every concern is amped up the nth degree.</P>

GameTime
01-06-2012, 11:44 AM

Ball security is always a concern, and in the playoffs, every concern is amped up the nth degree.</P>

</P>

I hear now its not going to rain. Mid 40s and sunny....</P>

</P>

</P>

Gianthunter
01-06-2012, 11:46 AM
When both teams playing have ball control issues in a part of a game. It's generally a weather issue.

poppa smurph
01-06-2012, 11:54 AM

</P>

I hear now its not going to rain. Mid 40s and sunny....</P>

</P>

</P>Can we get Herzy to apply Nicks' eye paint on sunday?

G-Man67
01-06-2012, 12:47 PM

well you are basically describing every NFL game ... NFL games are usually decided by a handful of plays and more games are lost than won

but to your point ... let's not lose this big game

Firenugget
01-06-2012, 12:49 PM
No offense but we could play what if's for every game. For positive or negative. It's pointless and has absolutely no meaning.

GameTime
01-06-2012, 01:28 PM
No offense but we could play what if's for every game. For positive or negative. It's pointless and has absolutely no meaning.
</P>

I guess I worded it wrong...</P>

there are NO what ifs concerning the fumbles they had on Sunday...</P>

The Giants fumbled the ball last Sunday too many times......that is not up for debate.</P>

Once again my point of the thread was to just say that they cant turn it over and they have to protect the ball. They didnt do that last week. </P>

giantsforce
01-06-2012, 01:31 PM

*Protect ball all the time every play. </P>What if we do not stop Romo on 4 an 1 at our 10 yard line? I think that was the turning point because it would have made it 21-14 while the Cowboys had the momentum and it would have given them a big boost in morale.

GameTime
01-06-2012, 01:40 PM

What if we do not stop Romo on 4 an 1 at our 10 yard line? I think that was the turning point because it would have made it 21-14 while the Cowboys had the momentum and it would have given them a big boost in morale.</P>

for the love of pete...Mods please remove this thread. it was a mistake on my part....</P>

THE POINT OF THE THREAD WAS ABOUT THE GIANTS FUMBLING THE BALL TOO MANY TIMES ON SUNDAY. NOT A "WHAT IF" FOR EVERY SCENARIO.</P>

They cant give up the ball....thats the point. They were too sloppy last Sunday. They cant be this sunday.....</P>

</P>

miked1958
01-06-2012, 08:19 PM

This

were in the playoff's and your 5 week negative streak is still going... what if goff and t2 dont get hurt what if tuck was 100% all year what if we didnt have 1,000 people on ir. what if WE START GETTING AMPED FOR THIS GAME.