PDA

View Full Version : NY/Manhattan bar?

MikeIsaGiant
01-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Anyone know where I can watch this game in the New york area of Manhattan or Brooklyn without getting carded?

I'm 20, going to be 21 on March 1st so I miss it by 2 months, and I would love to go to a bar or somewhere nice to watch the game with a few of my pals, get a little lunch there too.

Please somene help me out here

repeatchamps
01-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Anyone know where I can watch this game in the New york area of Manhattan or Brooklyn without getting carded? I'm 20, going to be 21 on March 1st so I miss it by 2 months, and I would love to go to a bar or somewhere nice to watch the game with a few of my pals, get a little lunch there too. Please somene help me out here</P>

Park Avenue Country Club is one of my favorite spots.</P>

http://www.parkavenuecountryclub.com/</P>

</P>

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 11:43 AM
YIKES, there used to be a time where almost any bar in NYC allowed people without IDs. Then you could get a drivers license in Times Square, then Guliani came and got rid of the 'Old Times Sq'..... Now a days even the crappy hole in the wall bars down in Alphabet City ID EVERYONE.

Sorry man..... I dont know if youd be better heading to a tourist area like outside of Penn Station or maybe hitting the East Village where a bunch of underage NYU students are feeling out the area

OR, hit on a cougar and have her buy you drinks

MikeIsaGiant
01-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Anyone know where I can watch this game in the New york area of Manhattan or Brooklyn without getting carded? I'm 20, going to be 21 on March 1st so I miss it by 2 months, and I would love to go to a bar or somewhere nice to watch the game with a few of my pals, get a little lunch there too. Please somene help me out here</P>

http://www.parkavenuecountryclub.com/</P>

*</P>

I was taken to an online dating, is this serious?

MikeIsaGiant
01-06-2012, 11:45 AM
YIKES, there used to be a time where almost any bar in NYC allowed people without IDs.* Then you could get a drivers license in Times Square, then Guliani came and got rid of the 'Old Times Sq'..... Now a days even the crappy hole in the wall bars down in Alphabet City ID EVERYONE.

Sorry man..... I dont know if youd be better heading to a tourist area like outside of Penn Station or maybe hitting the East Village where a bunch of underage NYU students are feeling out the area

Thanks but don't really care about drinking, just want to go out to a bar or something to watch the game with a few friends even if we're eating and sitting.

I meant "carded" as in getting it, not being able to drink

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 11:51 AM
YIKES, there used to be a time where almost any bar in NYC allowed people without IDs. Then you could get a drivers license in Times Square, then Guliani came and got rid of the 'Old Times Sq'..... Now a days even the crappy hole in the wall bars down in Alphabet City ID EVERYONE.

Thanks but don't really care about drinking, just want to go out to a bar or something to watch the game with a few friends even if we're eating and sitting.

I meant "carded" as in getting it, not being able to drinkOHHHHHHHH Different story

Are you looking for a place with a crazy atmosphere, good food, tons of fans, what is your main criteria??

If you wanna hit up BK, 'The Salty Dog' down in Bay Ridge is usually packed with animals that go NUTS for the games...

BlueJayC
01-06-2012, 11:56 AM

Thanks but don't really care about drinking, just want to go out to a bar or something to watch the game with a few friends even if we're eating and sitting. I meant "carded" as in getting it, not being able to drink</P>

Those were the days.....grab a fake ID in Washington Square Park and hit up Bleeker/MacDougal Street.</P>

There's a spot right across from my office on 36th and 7th....a newer Pig N' Whistle.....never a bouncer there during the day......can't 100% vouch for the weekends though.....think I went there for the Championship games last year. Don't recall there being a bouncer just a hostess......good food and decent number of TV's......if not there then my suggestion would be hitting up an area with the most bars....in the Upper East Sideand Villageevery other storefront is a bar......keep hitting spots up till you find one that works.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-06-2012, 11:56 AM
YIKES, there used to be a time where almost any bar in NYC allowed people without IDs.* Then you could get a drivers license in Times Square, then Guliani came and got rid of the 'Old Times Sq'..... Now a days even the crappy hole in the wall bars down in Alphabet City ID EVERYONE.

I meant "carded" as in getting it, not being able to drinkOHHHHHHHH Different story

Are you looking for a place with a crazy atmosphere, good food, tons of fans, what is your main criteria??

If you wanna hit up BK, 'The Salty Dog' down in Bay Ridge is usually packed with animals that go NUTS for the games...

Hmmm I was thinking of a crazy atmosphere, I've heard the people in Salty Dog are pretty nuts and I've heard there are usually a lot of fights. I know the place though because I live right near there.

If not, do you not some places that aren't too crazy but with a lot of fans?

To simplify it, I don't want to go somewhere where people are so drunk and starting arguments.

Plus, I believe the Salty dog contains more than just giant fans?

repeatchamps
01-06-2012, 11:57 AM

http://www.parkavenuecountryclub.com/</P> I was taken to an online dating, is this serious?

Lol sorry about that. It looks like it closed down. That stinks. It was a great place to go for the games.</P>

If you are a Yankee fan you may like this place:</P>

http://www.zagat.com/r/mickey-mantles-restaurant-sports-bar-manhattan</P>

http://www.mickeymantles.com/</P>

</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-06-2012, 12:01 PM

http://www.parkavenuecountryclub.com/</P> I was taken to an online dating, is this serious?

Lol sorry about that. It looks like it closed down. That stinks. It was a great place to go for the games.</P>

Lol, no problem :)

Like I said, I've heard some pretty ****ty things about Salty Dog, just ridiculous things.

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 12:02 PM

Thanks but don't really care about drinking, just want to go out to a bar or something to watch the game with a few friends even if we're eating and sitting. I meant "carded" as in getting it, not being able to drink</p>

Those were the days.....grab a fake ID in Washington Square Park and hit up Bleeker/MacDougal Street.</p>

There's a spot right across from my office on 36th and 7th....a newer Pig N' Whistle.....never a bouncer there during the day......can't 100% vouch for the weekends though.....think I went there for the Championship games last year. Don't recall there being a bouncer just a hostess......good food and decent number of TV's......if not there then my suggestion would be hitting up an area with the most bars....in the Upper East Sideand Villageevery other storefront is a bar......keep hitting spots up till you find one that works.</p>LOL, my uncle's buddy owns the Pig n Whistle!!!!

There are a few places up there that you could probably just walk right on into like that or Cassidy's on 55th and 5th

MikeIsaGiant
01-06-2012, 12:02 PM

*</P>

Doesn't seem so bad, I could look into that as well actually. Thanks for the heads up

repeatchamps
01-06-2012, 12:03 PM

</P>

Doesn't seem so bad, I could look into that as well actually. Thanks for the heads up</P>

You're welcome. Here's theofficial page.</P>

http://www.mickeymantles.com/</P>

Kase-1
01-06-2012, 12:06 PM

Hmmm I was thinking of a crazy atmosphere, I've heard the people in Salty Dog are pretty nuts and I've heard there are usually a lot of fights. I know the place though because I live right near there.

To simplify it, I don't want to go somewhere where people are so drunk and starting arguments.

Plus, I believe the Salty dog contains more than just giant fans?I used to live up in Sunset Park, within walking distance of the 'Salty Dog' so I used to frequent, but there are a TON of Giants fans there (like any NY sports bar, there are also Jets fans, but I wouldnt imagine many this week)

As long as you're not being a jerk to the bartenders and regualars you'll be fine, its just a wild and rocking place come football sundays

It can be a little 'rough' but thats mostly on the weekend after midnight

MikeIsaGiant
01-06-2012, 12:11 PM

Plus, I believe the Salty dog contains more than just giant fans?I used to live up in Sunset Park, within walking distance of the 'Salty Dog'* so I used to frequent, but there are a TON of Giants fans there (like any NY sports bar, there are also Jets fans, but I wouldnt imagine many this week)

As long as you're not being a jerk to the bartenders and regualars you'll be fine, its just a wild and rocking place come football sundays

It can be a little 'rough' but thats mostly on the weekend after midnight

Depending on what crowd I go with, I might go there. I rather go with a large group of people if I'm going to head out to a crazy house haha.

I've been around there and it looks pretty cool, never bothered to check in to watch a game there though

myles2424
01-06-2012, 02:34 PM
You shouldn't have a problem getting into any bars.....when your coming for the late night scene you may be asked for I.D....but just to watch the game you shouldn't have any problems