PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stat on Turner

mikeq672
01-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Michael Turner finished third-worst among qualifying RBs in the
percentage of his carries on which he was tackled behind the line of
scrimmage. It happened on 15 percent of his totes.

greenca190
01-06-2012, 11:43 AM

Yet, still a beast.

Seducer
01-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Michael Turner finished third-worst among qualifying RBs in the percentage of his carries on which he was tackled behind the line of scrimmage. It happened on 15 percent of his totes. Yet, still a beast.</P>

He always seemed like a product of a good run blocking O-line. Straight line runner who doesn't really make people miss but runs through tackles. </P>

Gonzo88
01-06-2012, 11:54 AM
yes still finished 3rd in the entire league in rushing yards.

greenca190
01-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Michael Turner finished third-worst among qualifying RBs in the percentage of his carries on which he was tackled behind the line of scrimmage. It happened on 15 percent of his totes. Yet, still a beast.</P>

He always seemed like a product of a good run blocking O-line.* Straight line runner who doesn't really make people miss but runs through tackles.* </P>

C'mon. We're Giants fans. We know the importance of an offensive line in the run game.

Just look at the guy though.

Manning
01-06-2012, 01:00 PM

Are we last??? Because from what I watch we get tackled behind LOS 40% of the time.

jhamburg
01-06-2012, 01:01 PM
yes still finished 3rd in the entire league in rushing yards.

And 23rd in YPC. He gets more carries than almost anyone. Your rushing game isn't that great, better than ours but not great. The fact that you rely almost entirely on one guy makes it look better than it is.

greenca190
01-06-2012, 01:02 PM

Are we last??? Because from what I watch we get tackled behind LOS 40% of the time.

Are you even able to see the line of scrimmage from your 300 level seats? They're really far back...

chasjay
01-06-2012, 01:07 PM

I know the information is probably not available without research, but it would be interesting to me to know if most of those occurred on first, second or third downs. I'd guess they were mostly first down carries - but I'm not smart enough to know why I think that[:$]

bearbryant
01-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Regardless of the stats heres the deal: Stop the run with turner is a must. No different than stopping Jones w/ Dallas. You make them one dimentional and than you put them in the pot and cook them up for dinner!

JJC7301
01-06-2012, 11:30 PM

Yet, still a beast.
He still finished with 1,300+ yards.

miked1958
01-07-2012, 04:20 AM
scrimmage. It happened on 15 percent of his totes.Hopefully that stat will hold true on Sunday

GameTime
01-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Michael Turner finished third-worst among qualifying RBs in the percentage of his carries on which he was tackled behind the line of scrimmage. It happened on 15 percent of his totes.</P>

unfortunately stats dont mean sqauat. I have seen the Giants let "no name" RBs run on them.</P>

It all comes down to the DL on Sunday. Disrupting plays and forcing bad decisions.</P>

Turner can and will have a great day if the DL and LBs dont show up for the Giants.</P>

mikeq672
01-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Apparently a good portion of you missed where it said "Interesting stat" and reacted as if it read "stat that means michael turner is going to run for negative yards on sunday."

It is an interesting stat, that is a horrible number. Id also like to know who the 2 guys ahead of him on that list are, im betting Blount is one of them.