PDA

View Full Version : Giants played the toughest schedule in 2011 based upon W-L%

TroyArcher
01-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Not that it matters much now but just in case any Falcons fans on this board want to chirp that they played a tougher schedule. The Falcons played the 24th most difficult.

michaelkhan3
01-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Next year's schedule looks worst for us

TroyArcher
01-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Next year's schedule looks worst for us
</P>

</P>

Well we had the toughest this year so I am not sure how much worse it could get. But looking at it now it does look brutal. </P>

BlueJayC
01-06-2012, 02:39 PM
Not that it matters much now but just in case any Falcons fans on this board want to chirp that they played a tougher schedule. The Falcons played the 24th most difficult.</P>

Was looking for an article or breakdown of this the other day rather than going team by team.....you got one?</P>

DEgiants89
01-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Not that it matters much now but just in case any Falcons fans on this board want to chirp that they played a tougher schedule. The Falcons played the 24th most difficult.</p>

Was looking for an article or breakdown of this the other day rather than going team by team.....you got one?</p>

+1

Kruunch
01-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Not that it matters much now but just in case any Falcons fans on this board want to chirp that they played a tougher schedule.* The Falcons played the 24th most difficult.*

Now look up second half schedules.

It's even worse.

TroyArcher
01-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Not that it matters much now but just in case any Falcons fans on this board want to chirp that they played a tougher schedule. The Falcons played the 24th most difficult.</P>

Was looking for an article or breakdown of this the other day rather than going team by team.....you got one?</P>

+1
</P>

I found it at theredzone.org: http://theredzone.org/Features/NFLStrengthofSchedule.aspx</P>

</P>

I Bleed Blue
01-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Not that it matters much now but just in case any Falcons fans on this board want to chirp that they played a tougher schedule.* The Falcons played the 24th most difficult.*

What does this really mean? It means we played teams who beat us and are the number 1,2 and 3 seeds respectfully. It means we lost to those teams and will have to probable face 2 out of those 3 teams again, if we are to advance. It's time for this team to beat the big boys when it matters most, and stop living off the laurels of 2007. Plain and simple.

I have a good feeling about this teams chances in the playoffs. They are as healthy as they are going to be and we have the offense that can hang with anyone. However, we don't match up well against the Saints. They own us. I don't want to see them again.

G-Man67
01-06-2012, 04:52 PM
hopefully our playoff schedule will also be the toughest ;)

Atlanta, Green Bay, New Orleans, Baltimore

not that i want that, but i'd love to play 4 more games

I Bleed Blue
01-06-2012, 04:57 PM

Agreed, but anyone but the Saints. Our D-Line would have to come up with a 10 sack performance to beat them. There is no way our secondary can hang with them.

BlueJayC
01-06-2012, 05:35 PM

+1
</P>

I found it at theredzone.org: http://theredzone.org/Features/NFLStrengthofSchedule.aspx</P>

</P>

</P>

Appreciate the link but I think, if I'm not mistaken, that's that's the SOS for the teams the Giants will play next year not the records of who they've played this year.</P>

Surprisingly I can't find this stat anyhwere without going team to team......wouldn't that be a much more telling number and true strength of schedule that an SOS based on the previous season's results?</P>

JJC7301
01-06-2012, 11:44 PM

What does this really mean? It means we played teams who beat us and are the number 1,2 and 3 seeds respectfully. It means we lost to those teams and will have to probable face 2 out of those 3 teams again, if we are to advance. It's time for this team to beat the big boys when it matters most, and stop living off the laurels of 2007. Plain and simple.

I have a good feeling about this teams chances in the playoffs. They are as healthy as they are going to be and we have the offense that can hang with anyone. However, we don't match up well against the Saints. They own us. I don't want to see them again.
Hopefully our tough schedule was sorta like a pre-post season. We lost to Dallas and GB during the regular season in '07, but came back to beat them in the playoffs. Hopefully, we can do the same against GB, SF, or NO this year.

In the middle of our rough run I was actually glad that we were playing this tough schedule. I knew that we weren't doing well, but thought that we stayed with them (except for NO) and showed ourselves that we could play with them. Then we could keep that in the back of our minds if we made the playoffs.

I'll take the tough schedule next year, too. We had the toughest schedule in '08 and kicked everyone's rear end during the regular season. We got knocked out in the 1st round after Plax was gone, and were already thin with Strahan retiring, Osi injured for the year, and Shockey traded. But we beat ALL of the best teams that year during the regular season.

NYSPORTS
01-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Thought the Rams did but could be wrong.

NWKEffectElement
01-07-2012, 01:20 AM
NFC South:Saints, Falcons, Panthers, and Buc
AFC North:Ravens, Steelers, Browns,and Bengals
Winners of the NFC North and West:Packers and 49ers
NFC East:Redskinsx2, Eaglesx2, and Cowboysx2

BornLegend
01-07-2012, 01:36 AM
NFC East:Redskinsx2, Eaglesx2, and Cowboysx2That's a real tough schedule. The Eagles looked like they started to form some cohesiveness, The Skins should be improved with Shanahan at the helm for his third year, Dallas will be tough as usual, Saints & Falcons are playoff teams, Newton will be in his 2nd year, the Bucs are gonna have a new coach, the AFC North is tough with 3 playoff teams, Dalton will be in his 2nd year, the Browns might draft RG3 (Skins possibly), Packers and 49ers... need I say more? We better take advantage of this playoff run because next season isn't guaranteed.

VBGiantsFan
01-07-2012, 02:24 AM
NFC East:Redskinsx2, Eaglesx2, and Cowboysx2

Wow...we actually get a season harder than this one. I I hope we play the bucs and browns early...they could easily be the only game we'll the favorites next year. We'll need the confidence.

miked1958
01-07-2012, 04:18 AM

Hopefully our tough schedule was sorta like a pre-post season. We lost to Dallas and GB during the regular season in '07, but came back to beat them in the playoffs. Hopefully, we can do the same against GB, SF, or NO this year.

In the middle of our rough run I was actually glad that we were playing this tough schedule. I knew that we weren't doing well, but thought that we stayed with them (except for NO) and showed ourselves that we could play with them. Then we could keep that in the back of our minds if we made the playoffs.

I'll take the tough schedule next year, too. We had the toughest schedule in '08 and kicked everyone's rear end during the regular season. We got knocked out in the 1st round after Plax was gone, and were already thin with Strahan retiring, Osi injured for the year, and Shockey traded. But we beat ALL the best teams that year during the regular season.
This is a great well thought out Post!

Jet-Blue
01-07-2012, 10:54 AM

Nay the Lions, we want the NFC Championship Game here at home.

Joe Morrison
01-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Just a quick note, just looked at this real quick, looks like all of Atlantas wins came against teams with losing records, only 2 ened 8 -8, rest all under 500, did not beat one team with a winning record, did this real quick.</P>

Their record away from home is horrible.</P>

After this I am feeling real good about tomorrow, GMEN PEAKING.</P>

TroyArcher
01-07-2012, 01:16 PM

We did beat the Pats who are the #1 seed in the AFC. Lost two close games to the 49ers and Packers. I agree I would not like our chances playing in New Orleans.

JJC7301
01-07-2012, 11:49 PM

I'll take the tough schedule next year, too. We had the toughest schedule in '08 and kicked everyone's rear end during the regular season. We got knocked out in the 1st round after Plax was gone, and were already thin with Strahan retiring, Osi injured for the year, and Shockey traded. But we beat ALL the best teams that year during the regular season.
This is a great well thought out Post!
Thank you! I do believe that the harder schedules are better -- it provides a real test of how good your team matches up. Considering how banged up we were this year, I can't believe that we beat NE and took GB and SF to the brink.

If we can get past the Falcs, GB or SF will be seeing a different Giants team than they saw earlier this year -- a better, battle-tested, hungry team with a lot of confidence.

Drystt
01-07-2012, 11:53 PM
I wonder how many fans of other teams are like " oh god we gotta play the Giants next season". Now that is much better than us complaining about ours.