PDA

View Full Version : Falcons Fan Here.

TandyGossett
01-06-2012, 03:07 PM
I wanted to stop by to see what you guys think about the coming up game.

I also wanted to wish you guys a Good Game on Sunday. I want the Falcons to Win, and believe we have the talent to do so. I just hope both teams Win or Lose make it through the game Healthy. Way too many injuries for both of our Teams this year.

I give you guys credit for being Classy. I wasn't expecting such a Classy Fanbase from NewYork. I guess that's the other NewYork team huh? I know most Fans around the league are senseless Homers but that doesn't seem to be the case here as much.

We have issues within our Falcons Fanbase that want to fire every Coach each week, and Hire every other coach that is fired. These fans seem to get caught up in what the "Nah sayers" are saying (ESPN).

I do think that both of our teams are going to match up well. I'm just waiting to see our Offense actually take the cuffs off and start letting the ball fly deep. We get away from the running game if it's working, and we dink and dunk way too much. However in the past few weeks Julio Jones has started to shine, and I believe had he not been injured and trying to play through the injury instead of resting and healing he would easily have 1500 yards.

I'm worried about your guys "PowerBacks". I'm not sure why people say you guys can't run the ball. It has to be something w/ your OLine or something because you guys have 2 very nice RBs. We have Turner that is seriously one of the best RBs I've ever seen running, when he doesn't do that tip toe'n crap from time to time. Jason Snelling is a sleeper on our team and is having to play part time FB since Ovie went on IR. Rookie Cox has filled in nicely at FB when Snelling is at RB or resting. I'm not sure what the weather is like but I've heard it's "Cold and Rainy" there. If that's the case then I feel this well be a Dink-Dunk Passing and Power Running Game.

On Defense
I know you guys have CB issues and we do too. Grimes is seriously in the Top5 CBs and we have got to resign him to an extension like we did Tony G. earlier this week. Dunta Robinson hits like a truck but I don't trust him in coverage. He looks better than he is because QBs seem to be scared to target him. Dunta feels more like a Safety to me than a CB. Franks is our Sleeper Defensive Player. Chris Owens is just trash with super speed. Owens is our fastest player, but dude can't seem to turn his head to defend a pass.
Safety play is great FINALLY! DeCoud is suspect in coverage at times, but for the most part he's solid. Moore and DeCoud hit very hard, but DeCoud can't catch at all. He has plenty of INTs but he seriously drops so many that he just gets lucky at times.

Our LBs are our strongest defensive group, but they are very banged up lately. Mike Peterson has been great in helping our young LBs. He's now on IR and I'm worried about not having him and having to rely on Adkins, Dent. I'm hoping that Nicholas can start, even at 75% he's better than Adkins/Dent. Lofton is suspect in coverage at times, but we normally don't ask him to cover many TEs, mainly RBs. Spoon is starting to get National attention because he's just a Beast out there. Spoon is the key to our Defense. We have depth at CB, but sadly not at LB and without him ... Don't even want to think about it.

DL ... Well that's our biggest question.

Abe (Predator) has been banged up most of the year, and we have kept him on a snap count. You don't know how frustrating it is to see your best Passrusher sitting on the sideline, or worse dropping back into Super Soft Zone Coverage on 3rd and 10+. Smitty stated that the counter is off and he's done "Resting" our premier players. I hope that this is the truth and I hope BVG calls more blitz, and man coverages.
Abe has finally started to get going and it's a beautiful thing to watch. Edwards hasn't done a thing since he's been here. Seriously I thought robbery was a crime, and he commits it everytime he picks up a check here. I know that it takes 2 years to heal from some surgeries but this man hasn't done a thing.
Biermann was great to begin with but once he hooked up w/ his "House Wife of Atlanta" he disappeared. He's starting to show up when Edwards is sat down, and Sidbury is a very nice Pass Rusher.

DTs Babs and Peters in the middle is very solid. Jerry started out as a Rookie last year looking like the 1st round pick he was. He got hurt early and had to require surgery, he is in the same boat as Edwards. I still give him and Edwards one more year to work it out or I'll be calling for them to be cut.

I'm not sure which of our "Top Players" Smitty was referring to but I'm excited to see.

Keys to us winning would be to:

Run with Turner/Snelling, and if it works to keep running.

After getting the Running Game going we need to Stretch the Field w/ J.Jones/R.White/H.Douglas.

Get Tony G. in single LB coverage and allow him to keep the chains moving if need be.

On Defense

We need to stay out of that crappy BVG soft zone.

We need Abe, Babs, Peters, and Edwards to get pressure on Eli without having to send extra players.

We seriously need Grimes, and Nicholas healthy.

How do you think your Giants match up?
How do you think your players are playing ATM?

Giantsin04
01-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Thats a lot of ****ing info. If you pick one topic at a time that you would like to discuss, you might have more luck engaging some posters.

TandyGossett
01-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah it was just a quick Hello and I got on a Rant.

Dang ADHD, happens everytime. LOL ...

RoanokeFan
01-06-2012, 03:18 PM

lol No worries, it's not like we don't have poets here too

nihan87
01-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah it was just a quick Hello and I got on a Rant. Dang ADHD, happens everytime. LOL ...</P>

</P>

LOL I hear ya with that ADHD! I have the same problem. Anyways best of luck to your Falcons and Matty Ice. Should be a damn good game. </P>

Sundown
01-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Anyone have cliff notes?

Giantsin04
01-06-2012, 03:20 PM

No worries. I was actually thinking that we would be too ADD to get through the whole thing. I read two lines and just drifted off to no mans land...

GameTime
01-06-2012, 03:30 PM
I wanted to stop by to see what you guys think about the coming up game. I also wanted to wish you guys a Good Game on Sunday. I want the Falcons to Win, and believe we have the talent to do so. I just hope both teams Win or Lose make it through the game Healthy. Way too many injuries for both of our Teams this year. I give you guys credit for being Classy. I wasn't expecting such a Classy Fanbase from NewYork. I guess that's the other NewYork team huh? I know most Fans around the league are senseless Homers but that doesn't seem to be the case here as much. We have issues within our Falcons Fanbase that want to fire every Coach each week, and Hire every other coach that is fired. These fans seem to get caught up in what the "Nah sayers" are saying (ESPN). I do think that both of our teams are going to match up well. I'm just waiting to see our Offense actually take the cuffs off and start letting the ball fly deep. We get away from the running game if it's working, and we dink and dunk way too much. However in the past few weeks Julio Jones has started to shine, and I believe had he not been injured and trying to play through the injury instead of resting and healing he would easily have 1500 yards. I'm worried about your guys "PowerBacks". I'm not sure why people say you guys can't run the ball. It has to be something w/ your OLine or something because you guys have 2 very nice RBs. We have Turner that is seriously one of the best RBs I've ever seen running, when he doesn't do that tip toe'n crap from time to time. Jason Snelling is a sleeper on our team and is having to play part time FB since Ovie went on IR. Rookie Cox has filled in nicely at FB when Snelling is at RB or resting. I'm not sure what the weather is like but I've heard it's "Cold and Rainy" there. If that's the case then I feel this well be a Dink-Dunk Passing and Power Running Game. On Defense I know you guys have CB issues and we do too. Grimes is seriously in the Top5 CBs and we have got to resign him to an extension like we did Tony G. earlier this week. Dunta Robinson hits like a truck but I don't trust him in coverage. He looks better than he is because QBs seem to be scared to target him. Dunta feels more like a Safety to me than a CB. Franks is our Sleeper Defensive Player. Chris Owens is just trash with super speed. Owens is our fastest player, but dude can't seem to turn his head to defend a pass. Safety play is great FINALLY! DeCoud is suspect in coverage at times, but for the most part he's solid. Moore and DeCoud hit very hard, but DeCoud can't catch at all. He has plenty of INTs but he seriously drops so many that he just gets lucky at times. Our LBs are our strongest defensive group, but they are very banged up lately. Mike Peterson has been great in helping our young LBs. He's now on IR and I'm worried about not having him and having to rely on Adkins, Dent. I'm hoping that Nicholas can start, even at 75% he's better than Adkins/Dent. Lofton is suspect in coverage at times, but we normally don't ask him to cover many TEs, mainly RBs. Spoon is starting to get National attention because he's just a Beast out there. Spoon is the key to our Defense. We have depth at CB, but sadly not at LB and without him ... Don't even want to think about it. DL ... Well that's our biggest question. Abe (Predator) has been banged up most of the year, and we have kept him on a snap count. You don't know how frustrating it is to see your best Passrusher sitting on the sideline, or worse dropping back into Super Soft Zone Coverage on 3rd and 10+. Smitty stated that the counter is off and he's done "Resting" our premier players. I hope that this is the truth and I hope BVG calls more blitz, and man coverages. Abe has finally started to get going and it's a beautiful thing to watch. Edwards hasn't done a thing since he's been here. Seriously I thought robbery was a crime, and he commits it everytime he picks up a check here. I know that it takes 2 years to heal from some surgeries but this man hasn't done a thing. Biermann was great to begin with but once he hooked up w/ his "House Wife of Atlanta" he disappeared. He's starting to show up when Edwards is sat down, and Sidbury is a very nice Pass Rusher. DTs Babs and Peters in the middle is very solid. Jerry started out as a Rookie last year looking like the 1st round pick he was. He got hurt early and had to require surgery, he is in the same boat as Edwards. I still give him and Edwards one more year to work it out or I'll be calling for them to be cut. I'm not sure which of our "Top Players" Smitty was referring to but I'm excited to see. Keys to us winning would be to: Run with Turner/Snelling, and if it works to keep running. After getting the Running Game going we need to Stretch the Field w/ J.Jones/R.White/H.Douglas. Get Tony G. in single LB coverage and allow him to keep the chains moving if need be. On Defense We need to stay out of that crappy BVG soft zone. We need Abe, Babs, Peters, and Edwards to get pressure on Eli without having to send extra players. We seriously need Grimes, and Nicholas healthy. How do you think your Giants match up? How do you think your players are playing ATM?</P>

well to sum it up....</P>

yes the Giants should run the ball better. Its a combo of the oline not making holes and with Bradshaw he has been hurt. Jacobs is great IF he gets to the frist hole. If not he's as good as down. Ware has been very nice lately nad has made some key plays with limited use. A young guys Darell Scott is very fast but I dont hitnk he gets the offesne yet.</P>

Eli will and should have a good day passing. Same goes for Ryan. The ney here is no turnovers and for the Giants D to try and get to Ryan without blitzing too much and to hold the Falcons to FGs. </P>

The whole game for the Giants rests on Eli and the Giantsdefensive line's ability to pressure Ryan and to slow Turner down somewhat. </P>

Overall its a good match up with each side having an advantage in one area or the other which may be exploited. </P>

burier
01-06-2012, 03:34 PM

I also wanted to wish you guys a Good Game on Sunday. I want the Falcons to Win, and believe we have the talent to do so. I just hope both teams Win or Lose make it through the game Healthy. Way too many injuries for both of our Teams this year.

I give you guys credit for being Classy. I wasn't expecting such a Classy Fanbase from NewYork. I guess that's the other NewYork team huh? I know most Fans around the league are senseless Homers but that doesn't seem to be the case here as much.

We have issues within our Falcons Fanbase that want to fire every Coach each week, and Hire every other coach that is fired. These fans seem to get caught up in what the "Nah sayers" are saying (ESPN).

I do think that both of our teams are going to match up well. I'm just waiting to see our Offense actually take the cuffs off and start letting the ball fly deep. We get away from the running game if it's working, and we dink and dunk way too much. However in the past few weeks Julio Jones has started to shine, and I believe had he not been injured and trying to play through the injury instead of resting and healing he would easily have 1500 yards.

I'm worried about your guys "PowerBacks". I'm not sure why people say you guys can't run the ball. It has to be something w/ your OLine or something because you guys have 2 very nice RBs. We have Turner that is seriously one of the best RBs I've ever seen running, when he doesn't do that tip toe'n crap from time to time. Jason Snelling is a sleeper on our team and is having to play part time FB since Ovie went on IR. Rookie Cox has filled in nicely at FB when Snelling is at RB or resting. I'm not sure what the weather is like but I've heard it's "Cold and Rainy" there. If that's the case then I feel this well be a Dink-Dunk Passing and Power Running Game.

On Defense
I know you guys have CB issues and we do too. Grimes is seriously in the Top5 CBs and we have got to resign him to an extension like we did Tony G. earlier this week. Dunta Robinson hits like a truck but I don't trust him in coverage. He looks better than he is because QBs seem to be scared to target him. Dunta feels more like a Safety to me than a CB. Franks is our Sleeper Defensive Player. Chris Owens is just trash with super speed. Owens is our fastest player, but dude can't seem to turn his head to defend a pass.
Safety play is great FINALLY! DeCoud is suspect in coverage at times, but for the most part he's solid. Moore and DeCoud hit very hard, but DeCoud can't catch at all. He has plenty of INTs but he seriously drops so many that he just gets lucky at times.

Our LBs are our strongest defensive group, but they are very banged up lately. Mike Peterson has been great in helping our young LBs. He's now on IR and I'm worried about not having him and having to rely on Adkins, Dent. I'm hoping that Nicholas can start, even at 75% he's better than Adkins/Dent. Lofton is suspect in coverage at times, but we normally don't ask him to cover many TEs, mainly RBs. Spoon is starting to get National attention because he's just a Beast out there. Spoon is the key to our Defense. We have depth at CB, but sadly not at LB and without him ... Don't even want to think about it.

Abe (Predator) has been banged up most of the year, and we have kept him on a snap count. You don't know how frustrating it is to see your best Passrusher sitting on the sideline, or worse dropping back into Super Soft Zone Coverage on 3rd and 10+. Smitty stated that the counter is off and he's done "Resting" our premier players. I hope that this is the truth and I hope BVG calls more blitz, and man coverages.
Abe has finally started to get going and it's a beautiful thing to watch. Edwards hasn't done a thing since he's been here. Seriously I thought robbery was a crime, and he commits it everytime he picks up a check here. I know that it takes 2 years to heal from some surgeries but this man hasn't done a thing.
Biermann was great to begin with but once he hooked up w/ his "House Wife of Atlanta" he disappeared. He's starting to show up when Edwards is sat down, and Sidbury is a very nice Pass Rusher.

DTs Babs and Peters in the middle is very solid. Jerry started out as a Rookie last year looking like the 1st round pick he was. He got hurt early and had to require surgery, he is in the same boat as Edwards. I still give him and Edwards one more year to work it out or I'll be calling for them to be cut.

I'm not sure which of our "Top Players" Smitty was referring to but I'm excited to see.

After getting the Running Game going we need to Stretch the Field w/ J.Jones/R.White/H.Douglas.

Get Tony G. in single LB coverage and allow him to keep the chains moving if need be.

On Defense

We need Abe, Babs, Peters, and Edwards to get pressure on Eli without having to send extra players.

Thanks for educating us on your team. I know alot of us don't know alot about them.

We could go through all the matchups and everything but I'm happy to say that none of that really matters as the Giants will surely win.

Nothing against the Falcons but they pulled the wrong team at the wrong time. ATL Vs Dallas would have been a better matchup.

I'm not saying we're gonna walk off with a blowout or anything but The Giants will win. And that's really all there is to it.

Sarcasman
01-06-2012, 03:39 PM

On Defense

On Defense

Thanks for the insight, it should be a good game. Good luck to you and the dirty bids....but hopefully, not too much.

TandyGossett
01-06-2012, 03:44 PM
I know I was hoping that Dallas would win because I was wanting to visit the new Stadium there and watch the Cowgirls implode. I would have loved to watch Abe, Peters, Babs eat Romo for Dinner.

You don't know how bad I wanted to make Jerry Jones get mad. I hate Ol' Jones. Atlanta was going to interview Garrett and he whined and begged us not to hire him. I'm so glad that he did that because Smitty is a blessing. I still LMFAO everytime someone comments on Wade Phillips' Amazing Defense just down the road from ol' Jerry. He should have known Phillips sucks as a HC, see Bills/Falcons but dude can coach a Defense.

Falcons need to get Spags now if BVG doesn't shape up soon, very soon.

TandyGossett
01-06-2012, 03:49 PM
How long have you guys had these boards? Not trying to talk smack but I think it's time for an upgrade.

Martyr
01-06-2012, 03:51 PM
How long have you guys had these boards? Not trying to talk smack but I think it's time for an upgrade.</P>

</P>

Since Clinton was in office</P>

G-Man67
01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
How long have you guys had these boards? Not trying to talk smack but I think it's time for an upgrade.

haha, now there is a new angle!

TandyGossett
01-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Wow. We have upgraded 3-4 times in the past 2 years. We've changed boards 3 times in the past 5-7 years. Everytime I post something here, I have to edit it to make it break up the paragraphs.

Compare if you like
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/forum/45-talk-about-the-falcons/

BTW How is M. Boley and his handicap child doing? I know Boley was very active in raising awareness. Has things improved for him and his family?

I remember your RB Ware when he was here at Georgia. He was advertised to be the next Hershal Walker, Terrell Davis. He ran good to begin with but he got hit and his head got busted , after that he never ran hard again. He stayed in the game after that hit but was never the same. He was a Beast for a few weeks before hand, then he just faded away. So much talent comes through UGA and if you stumble you simply get passed over, have that issue currently w/ Crowell.

Nice to see Ware is still playing football, I never knew he made it into the NFL.

B&RWarrior
01-06-2012, 05:18 PM

On Defense

On Defense

Are you going to the game? If you do you won't be dissappointed. The new stadium is nice and you'll have way more fun partying in NY than in Dallas.

Gonzalez and Julio Jones present your best match ups to beat our defense. Webster usually steps up versus great receivers and R. White is pretty close to great minus the drops.

Our team is hot now and has played well on defense the past couple of games, but for the year we've had problems versus the run and giving up big plays in the pass game.

Key matchups are Boley vs Tony G., Julio Jones vs. Ross/ 3rd CB, and M. Turner vs our run defense.

Wild card: ATL- Julio Jones he's a big play guy and that has been our Achilles Heel all
season.

NYG- Running game, if we can run we win and we runaway with it

I see you like Grimes. You may want to have some of the hard stuff handy to help numb the pain 'cause he's gonna get worked all day long! In fact your whole secondary is gonna get roasted. Nick and Cruz are way too much for your boys to handle.

I too have Hemingwayitis, but your's is a much more extreme case. Anyway it's going to be a good game- high scoring.

<font color="#ff0000" size="5">G</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">I</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">A</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">N</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">T</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">S</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5"> </font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">W</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">I</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">N</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">,</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5"> </font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">G</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">I</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">A</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">N</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">T</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">S</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5"> </font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">W</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">I</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">N</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">,</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5"> </font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">G</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">I</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">A</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">N</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">T</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">S</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5"> </font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">W</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">I</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">N</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">!</font><font color="#ff0000" size="5">!</font><font color="#0000ff" size="5">!</font>

B&RWarrior
01-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Oh yeah. In game adjustments by our defense is another big key IMO. I think we should blitz if the front 4 can't bring the heat. Perry is usually hesitant to bring the house.

Kruunch
01-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Keys for us to stopping the Falcons:

1) Stop the run

2) Force 3rd and longs and let our pass rush get after Ryan.

Offensively I think we have more weapons then you guys have stopping ability (starting with our QB).

Your guys' D is a little better but suffers against the pass which has been our strong suit this year and your running game is stronger which is what really worries me.

For you guys to win you need a big day out of Turner, Jones and/or Gonzalez (both of the latter really worry me against our other coverages). CWeb should be able to keep Roddy under wraps however. Hopefully Douglas remains quiet throughout (he can definitely be a mad X factor for the Falcons).

I don't think you guys will be able to pull off a no-huddle offense at Metlife though judging by the noise last week at the Dallas game.

Most tend to see this being a shootout (which I do as well) ... something on the order of 35-31 (going either way). Being a homer, I'll pick the Giants.

Game time is supposed to be in the 40s and partly cloudy with no rain, so weather shouldn't be a huge factor.

Thems my break downs.

Good luck on Sunday tho ... here's to a great game!

GameTime
01-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Oh yeah. In game adjustments by our defense is another big key IMO. I think we should blitz if the front 4 can't bring the heat. Perry is usually hesitant to bring the house.</P>

true....</P>

but I bet he sends 5 pretty often if the situation is good for it. Like an LB can delay depending on who winds up coming out or staying in for the Falcons. I have a feeling they PF will be adding some odd wrinkles this game. </P>

dinz
01-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Thats a lot of ****ing info. If you pick one topic at a time that you would like to discuss, you might have more luck engaging some posters.comon, cut him some slack, he put some informative info, dont get on him, cuz he roots for atlanta.. not cool, plus ur language isnt too hot..