PDA

View Full Version : Update Brent Grimes is OUT

Sundown
01-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Their #1 corner is a game time decision. If he plays he won't be 100%. Somebody is going to be open.

BlueBlitzer
01-06-2012, 05:51 PM
they'll find His jockstrap on the field after the game.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-06-2012, 05:54 PM
stephen thomas out too ...has he played recently?

gmen0820
01-06-2012, 05:56 PM
He'd be the best corner in this game. This is huge, but he'll play.

Sundown
01-06-2012, 06:00 PM

I'm sure he will but a CB not practicing w a knee injury going against our crew is huge!!!

Gonzo88
01-06-2012, 06:35 PM
stephen thomas out too ...has he played recently?

I think you mean Stephan Nicholas

miked1958
01-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Hopefully if not at 100% we can take advantage and burn him for some long TDs

jjj45
01-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Hopefully if not at 100% we can take advantage and burn him for some long TDs*cackles evily*

falken
01-06-2012, 08:52 PM
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3939292-any-word-on-grimes/

bubblesmcgee
01-06-2012, 09:02 PM

What no webster love?

gmen0820
01-06-2012, 10:44 PM

What no webster love?No I like Webster, but this year, Grimes has been incredible, and way better than Webster.

Falcon2k
01-06-2012, 10:58 PM
They have been resting Brent since the New Orleans game, that was his first game back and Drew couldnt burn him so its a slim chance Eli will.

jhamburg
01-06-2012, 11:01 PM
They have been resting Brent since the New Orleans game, that was his first game back and Drew couldnt burn him so its a slim chance Eli will.

That's OK. We have two top 10 receivers, I'm pretty sure he can't cover both of them.

gmen0820
01-06-2012, 11:06 PM
They have been resting Brent since the New Orleans game, that was his first game back and Drew couldnt burn him so its a slim chance Eli will.Drew couldn't burn him but he still completed close to 70% of his passes to Grimes with a TD as well.

falken
01-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Drew Brees has nightmares of Brent Grimes.

miked1958
01-07-2012, 01:15 AM

What no webster love?No I like Webster, but this year, Grimes has been incredible, and way better than Webster.
There was a comment on Atlantas board that Webster hurt his hammy in practice... Any truth to that?

gmen0820
01-07-2012, 01:26 AM

There was a comment on Atlantas board that Webster hurt his hammy in practice... Any truth to that?He has been limited because of a hamstring this week in practice.

I believe Webster will play as I expect Grimes will. Webster is very important this week.

jhamburg
01-07-2012, 02:50 AM

I'm sure he got over it during the locker room celebration LOL

BornLegend
01-07-2012, 02:50 AM
Chuck Norris doesn't have nightmares... nightmares have Chuck Norris.

Gonzalez
01-07-2012, 04:08 AM
Brent Grimes will play. It's just a procaution.

But his backup, Franks is pretty solid(3 INTs after starting only a couple of games), so don't get too excited.

BklynBlue
01-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Just read that he will play.

falken
01-07-2012, 10:25 AM
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3939292-any-word-on-grimes/

Itlan
01-07-2012, 10:47 AM

What no webster love?No I like Webster, but this year, Grimes has been incredible, and way better than Webster.Really? Webster has had a pretty good year, with 16 PDs and 6 ints. He's also been in good coverage for the better part of the year - every corner gets beat occasionally, but he's really been a constant for this defense this year imo, especially with Ross on the other side and Prince lacking the experience to contribute atm.

Joe Morrison
01-07-2012, 11:34 AM
He'd be the best corner in this game. This is huge, but he'll play. What no webster love?No I like Webster, but this year, Grimes has been incredible, and way better than Webster.Really? Webster has had a pretty good year, with 16 PDs and 6 ints. He's also been in good coverage for the better part of the year - every corner gets beat occasionally, but he's really been a constant for this defense this year imo, especially with Ross on the other side and Prince lacking the experience to contribute atm.</P>

I am all in with the GMEN tomorrow but the love for Webster is over the top, I watched every game, some of them twice and Webby gave up more yardage and 1st down plays than he ever did, granted the 3 man rush didn't help but if Atanta comes our with play action on 1st down and throws a 15 yard completion right in front of him on their first drive they are going to be in for a long game. The Bills inserted that game in what week 6 and every team has killed them with it until the last two weeks, maybe Fewell finally changed it up, we can only hope.</P>

Sundown
01-07-2012, 11:46 AM
He'd be the best corner in this game. This is huge, but he'll play. What no webster love?No I like Webster, but this year, Grimes has been incredible, and way better than Webster.Really? Webster has had a pretty good year, with 16 PDs and 6 ints. He's also been in good coverage for the better part of the year - every corner gets beat occasionally, but he's really been a constant for this defense this year imo, especially with Ross on the other side and Prince lacking the experience to contribute atm.</P>

I am all in with the GMEN tomorrow but the love for Webster is over the top, I watched every game, some of them twice and Webby gave up more yardage and 1st down plays than he ever did, granted the 3 man rush didn't help but if Atanta comes our with play action on 1st down and throws a 15 yard completion right in front of him on their first drive they are going to be in for a long game.* The Bills inserted that game in what week 6 and every team has killed them with it until the last two weeks, maybe Fewell finally changed it up, we can only hope.</P>

It's to hard to evaluate any of our CBs (minus Ross) since Fewell went to the zone early in the season. Nobody in the secondary knew what the **** was going on. I don't think it's a coincidence the DBs have been playing better w simpler scheme.

gmen0820
01-07-2012, 12:07 PM

What no webster love?No I like Webster, but this year, Grimes has been incredible, and way better than Webster.Really? Webster has had a pretty good year, with 16 PDs and 6 ints. He's also been in good coverage for the better part of the year - every corner gets beat occasionally, but he's really been a constant for this defense this year imo, especially with Ross on the other side and Prince lacking the experience to contribute atm.Webster sure has been a bright spot for us this season, but Grimes has just been in another league this year.

gmen0820
01-07-2012, 12:07 PM

I'm sure he got over it during the locker room celebration LOLLOL

bubblesmcgee
01-07-2012, 01:29 PM

I am all in with the GMEN tomorrow but the love for Webster is over the top, I watched every game, some of them twice and Webby gave up more yardage and 1st down plays than he ever did, granted the 3 man rush didn't help but if Atanta comes our with play action on 1st down and throws a 15 yard completion right in front of him on their first drive they are going to be in for a long game.* The Bills inserted that game in what week 6 and every team has killed them with it until the last two weeks, maybe Fewell finally changed it up, we can only hope.</P>

I absolutely could be wrong especially bc the last time i watched the games was when they aired, but it seemed to me like most of the time when webster got beat it was in a zone, or when he lined up 10 yards off. IMO hes a better man corner than zone corner but if the pass rush isnt getting there every type of coverage breaks down.

Edit: i also do not know nearly enough about grimes to compare the two

Gonzo88
01-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Feel free to watch this to give you an understanding. The guy defies the law of gravity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNP_uDjDMtc&amp;feature=related

gmen0820
01-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Feel free to watch this to give you an understanding. The guy defies the law of gravity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNP_uDjDMtc&feature=related

Yup hope he is wearing blue next year. Doesn't fit our corner prototype, but he is a very good player.

bubblesmcgee
01-07-2012, 03:19 PM

Wow i think gravity stole his lunch money when he was a kid

Sundown
01-07-2012, 03:24 PM

NOBODY on the Giants fears this dude. Ask Charles Woodson who Nicks is. Ask Cromartie who Cruz is.

Gonzo88
01-07-2012, 03:46 PM

NOBODY on the Giants fears this dude. Ask Charles Woodson who Nicks is. Ask Cromartie who Cruz is.

I hope your team under estimates him. Theres a reason he went to the probowl last year

Sundown
01-07-2012, 04:01 PM

I hope your team under estimates him. Theres a reason he went to the probowl last year

Mike Jenkins of the CBs went to the Probowl too. We should care because??????????????? Im sure the team isn't under estimating him. but he's no Revis so get over the slob fest.

BallinNY
01-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Grimes is more fluid, better ball skills, and clearly a better vertical. However, Grimes isn't physical, has problems with bigger receivers at times, and takes big risks.

Looking at the plays he made, they were impressive. But I couldn't help but notice the receiver running a bad route (on a comeback, you need to continue coming back), The quarterback being late, or the quarterback not being the starter (the Bills QB played last season because of injuries and was their 3rd stringer, rookie UFA).

While Grimes presents a skillset that might mess Eli up, he isn't big and doesn't play big. Although he has a great vertical, sometimes he baits the QB too much and can surrender the big play, especially if the QB can get enough power behind the throw while Grimes tries to undercut it.

Voldamort
01-07-2012, 09:06 PM
He is going to play,Nicks and Cruz will both have touchdown cathes sunday

Sundown
01-08-2012, 12:37 PM
sweet!!