PDA

View Full Version : Tom Coughlin is one of the BEST coaches in the NFL

NYG4lifeNYK
01-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Still not convinced?

Ask Michael Strahan.. Ask Antrel Rolle.

Those are just two very good examples.

Both of these players have changed their views & perception about our coach.

We are VERY fortunate to have coach Tom Coughlin leading our football team.

BlueBlitzer
01-06-2012, 06:54 PM
More often then not, He gets us to the post season. A Parcells' disciple, a winner where ever He's been. Old school principles, bring present day victories.

JJC7301
01-06-2012, 11:17 PM
More often then not, He gets us to the post season. A Parcells' disciple, a winner where ever He's been. Old school principles, bring present day victories.
I never liked it when the players complained about him. Ineptitude is one thing, but they were always complaining about his rules. Early in Coughlin's tenure I was so sick of the players' attitudes that I would have been happy if 90% of the roster had been turned over. They brought in Coughlin BECAUSE of the perception of Fassell not having a good enough grip on the team.

NYGiants2120
01-07-2012, 12:37 AM
Still not convinced?

i agree 100%

shotcalla39
01-07-2012, 02:37 AM
We haven't had a losing season in 7 years when's the last time that happened

SweetZombieJesus
01-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Great coach, but he's gotta do something about his 2nd half record, late season collapses, and no-shows in big games.

We haven't won a home playoff game in 11 years and I can tell you the last time that happened, January 12 2001.

I hope that changes this Sunday.

GameTime
01-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Great coach, but he's gotta do something about his 2nd half record, late season collapses, and no-shows in big games.

We haven't won a home playoff game in 11 years and I can tell you the last time that happened, January 12 2001.

I hope that changes this Sunday.
</P>

imagine that.....is that like the 1000 time you have mentioned that same exact thing...lol. We all know the ins and outs of the Giants seasons and how they wind up. </P>

All good....just busting you a bit. </P>

I always though that every player wanted to play for Rex because he is such a great coach and runs a great locker room.....</P>

hmmm....looks like TC out "rexed" Rex......</P>

GCGiant
01-07-2012, 10:50 AM
I was thinking that he has changed a lot since his days in Jax.

I heard back in '04 that he would make the guys enter the field single-file like a drill team when they came out to exercise.. 2 questions. 1) Did he really make them do that?...and 2) Do they still do it?

Morehead State
01-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Still not convinced?

Both of these players have changed their views &amp; perception about our coach.

</P>

He's a great X and O guy. Knows how to prepare. But I'm not sure if the players will lay it on the line for him. Treats his players like children (according to Ernie Accorsi)</P>

Maybe the best thing to happen to this team was TC getting hurt on the sidelines and refusing treatment. It sounds strange but thats about the best motivation the players can get. The fact that he got hurt and won't even have it looked at.</P>

"If this guy does that, then why aren't we giving everything we have"</P>

Joe Morrison
01-07-2012, 11:19 AM
I was thinking that he has changed a lot since his days in Jax. I heard back in '04 that he would make the guys enter the field single-file like a drill team when they came out to exercise.. 2 questions. 1) Did he really make them do that?...and 2) Do they still do it?</P>

Your wondering what he was like in 04, what the hell were you like in o4, have you changed at all or are you the same, or have you made changes in yourself to make your life and the peoples around them better, like the sig says,</P>

fletch842
01-07-2012, 11:28 AM

I heard back in '04 that he would make the guys enter the field single-file like a drill team when they came out to exercise.. 2 questions. 1) Did he really make them do that?...and 2) Do they still do it?
yes, that first season or two, he had the team run out of the tunnel in formation. More like a military than single file, if memory serves.

GCGiant
01-07-2012, 12:27 PM
I was thinking that he has changed a lot since his days in Jax. I heard back in '04 that he would make the guys enter the field single-file like a drill team when they came out to exercise.. 2 questions. 1) Did he really make them do that?...and 2) Do they still do it?</P>

Your wondering what he was like in 04, what the hell were you like in o4, have you changed at all or are you the same, or have you made changes in yourself to make your life and the peoples around them better, like the sig says,</P>

Wow...who peed in your cornflakes? j/k :)

No...the reason I was asking was to use that as an example of how he has changed from being so regimented to a being a little more laid-back.

CTLadyBlue
01-07-2012, 12:33 PM

yes, that first season or two, he had the team run out of the tunnel in formation. More like a military than single file, if memory serves.

The '07 season was when Coughlin really changed. He had to take a good long look at himself and pull back a bit without sacrificing the principals he subscribed to. Even when Strahan came back after holding out in training camp, he came back and Coughlin assigned a group of veterans to be leaders that year. He vowed to change his ways and everyone fell in line. They saw their coach could change which enabled them to take a look at themselves to shut up, stop the inside bickering and play like a team.. That was the most important factor.

I LOVE this guy. I'd much rather have an old curmudgeon of a coach who stresses discipline and focus than a loud-mouth braggart who mistakes arrogance for confidence

bklyn1028
01-07-2012, 12:35 PM
When we lost to the redskins game14, everyone thought he was gonna explode in the locker room. He very calmly told the team to shake it off, that if they win the next 2 games they are in the post season, and NFC east champs. He was asked why he didn't froth at the mouth, and his response was
"I know my team, and how they would respond". Now, that is a great head coach, beyond the X's and O's.

Down-lifer
01-08-2012, 08:48 PM
And one of the best in Giants history!

JMFP2
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
When we lost to the redskins game14, everyone thought he was gonna explode in the locker room. He very calmly told the team to shake it off, that if they win the next 2 games they are in the post season, and NFC east champs. He was asked why he didn't froth at the mouth, and his response was "I know my team, and how they would respond". Now, that is a great head coach, beyond the X's and O's.</P>

This.</P>

stormblue
01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
i'm too tired to hate on him today,
so i'll pass on this thread.

Harooni
01-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I agree always thought he was one of the best still coaching. He is prepared and is a proven winner.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM
One thing that stands out for me today was how he noticed the Falcons had 12 men in the huddle and called them out on it. That's great awareness and smarts from Coughlin.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
01-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Still not convinced?

Both of these players have changed their views &amp; perception about our coach.

i agree 100%

Yes/

JMFP2
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
i'm too tired to hate on him today, so i'll pass on this thread.</P>

</P>

Good idea.</P>

GameTime
01-08-2012, 09:38 PM
i'm too tired to hate on him today, so i'll pass on this thread.</P>

if ur only reason is because you are too tired then thats too bad.....</P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
01-08-2012, 09:42 PM

Why not just pass on the Boards?

stormblue
01-08-2012, 11:14 PM

so , if and when we ever get a coach that YOU
disapprove of ; are you going to not voice your opinion and stay off these boards yourself ?

i'm sure we must have had a coach around here at some point in time that YOU disliked...and i'm sure you probably posted
your disapproval.

your self appointed rule of these boards and mod status doesn't make you right and me wrong.

i have the right to dislike him just as much as you have the right to like him.

being in the minority in my opinion doesn't
deplete me of my rights to have that opinion
...and to voice it on these boards.
i don't swear or call anybody names.....
and am usually polite to other posters ...even those who disagree with me ,
and most of my posts are just humorous jibs.
but some of you really take your love of TC
and your personal opinions way too seriously.

so why didn't you just respond to the OP , and leave me alone ; because as i recall,
i passed on this thread.

but no ; you just couldn't leave a sleeping dog lie, so i guess i'll have to recant my pass and
contribute to to this wonderful thread after all.

and you all know what i'm going to say..but i'll say again anyway ;

trophy or no trophy , TC must go.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-08-2012, 11:44 PM

disapprove of ; are you going to not voice your opinion and stay off these boards yourself ?

i'm sure we must have had a coach around here at some point in time that YOU disliked...and i'm sure you probably posted
your disapproval.

your self appointed rule of these boards and mod status doesn't make you right and me wrong.

so why didn't you just respond to the OP , and leave me alone ; because as i recall,
i passed on this thread.

but no ; you just couldn't leave a sleeping dog lie, so i guess i'll have to recant my pass and

So does the "blue" in your name mean you're a cowboy fan and you want Tom to go because it would put you guys on our level?

yatitle
01-08-2012, 11:47 PM

Disciple? He was a WR coach for 3 years after already coached for 19. Guaranteed he was teaching Parcells' more than the other way around.

stormblue
01-09-2012, 12:13 AM

your disapproval.

i passed on this thread.

So does the "blue" in your name mean you're a cowboy fan and you want Tom to go because it would put you guys on our level?

so what are you saying.....just 'cuz i don't like TC means i'm not allowed to be a giants fan ?

i just don't understand you people.
6 weeks ago everybody on these boards wanted to clean house.

now a little run and maybe a superbowl win has got everybody back on his bandwagon. that's not gonna change the culture of this regime.we always underachieve with staff.

we have more talent on the field than we have on the coaching staff.

nothing has changed , including my opinion.

you people are like the hobbits.....the influence of the ring is rotting your brains.

from now on i'm gonna call you TC homers "hobbits"

GOBIGBLUE52
01-09-2012, 12:33 AM

your disapproval.

i passed on this thread.

so what are you saying.....just 'cuz i don't like TC means i'm not allowed to be a giants fan ?

now a little run and maybe a superbowl win has got everybody back on his bandwagon. that's not gonna change the culture of this regime.we always underachieve with staff.

you people are like the hobbits.....the influence of the ring is rotting your brains.

First off, 6 weeks ago I did not want to clean house, so you're "everyone" statement is wrong.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you don't provide one single valid reason as to why Coughlin shouldn't be coaching this team. How is this team underachieving in any way? We were left for dead after the preseason with the Eagles assembling their dream team, Boss leaving, all of the injuries we had to the defense with Goff, Thomas, etc, yet we finished above .500 AGAIN, won the division AGAIN, and are in the playoffs and winning AGAIN. Our pass rush is healthy for the first time this year. Our running game is healthy for the first time this year. You see the results, and they're pretty good so far. You can't even say we collapsed in the second half, because we've won 3 straight and 4 of our last 5. Right now, only the saints are a hotter team than the giants. And maybe the patriots, and we beat them earlier this year.
<font color="#0000FF" size="4">
AND IF WE WIN A SUPER BOWL, HOW ARE WE UNDERACHIEVING?!</font>

I swear, do you people put 5 seconds of thought into your posts here?! If anything, we OVERACHIEVED this year.

stormblue
01-09-2012, 12:41 AM

your disapproval.

i passed on this thread.

First off, 6 weeks ago I did not want to clean house, so you're "everyone" statement is wrong.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but you don't provide one single valid reason as to why Coughlin shouldn't be coaching this team. How is this team underachieving in any way? We were left for dead after the preseason with the Eagles assembling their dream team, Boss leaving, all of the injuries we had to the defense with Goff, Thomas, etc, yet we finished above .500 AGAIN, won the division AGAIN, and are in the playoffs and winning AGAIN. Our pass rush is healthy for the first time this year. Our running game is healthy for the first time this year. You see the results, and they're pretty good so far. You can't even say we collapsed in the second half, because we've won 3 straight and 4 of our last 5. Right now, only the saints are a hotter team than the giants. And maybe the patriots, and we beat them earlier this year.

I swear, do you people put 5 seconds of thought into your posts here?! If anything, we OVERACHIEVED this year.

hobbit.

JJC7301
01-09-2012, 01:02 AM
Still not convinced?

+1,000. He exudes what the NY football Giants, led by the Maras and Tischs, are all about -- class, dignity, hard work, professionalism, loyalty, and "team."

Give that man a 5-year extension.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-09-2012, 01:09 AM

your disapproval.

i passed on this thread.

hobbit.

Either you didn't read my post at all or you did and realize I'm right and said that for the sake of saying it.

If we win another super bowl under this regime, don't celebrate with the rest of us.

Spytheweb
01-09-2012, 06:01 AM
<h4 class="ForumPostTitle">Coughlin is smart, spotted the 12th man in the huddle.
</h4>

stormblue
01-09-2012, 09:07 AM
<h4 class="ForumPostTitle">Coughlin is smart, spotted the 12th man in the huddle.
</h4>

i see that this obsession with the 12 men in the huddle thing is gaining momentum.

do you Hobbits actually think that TC himself
was actually counting heads out there?

that was relayed to him from who's ever in charge of knowing that , one of the "git back" coaches probably.

but you overlook the fact that he wasn't smart enough to know that it was 3rd down after the Nicks catch just before the half, which coulda cost us a game under the right circumstances in the 4th qtr.

when its he himself who stands right there by the down markers and official all day long and didn't notice the poor spot or what down it was on the Nicks catch.

are you reading this too GOBIGBLUE52

i offer what i have when the situation arises.
i don't have to repeat every thing that TC has done or not done over the course of his tenure
that has given me cause to dislike him , everytime somebody wants to know why i don't like him as a head coach.

so here is a prime example.
you Hobbits praise him like a god for merely
listening to a "git back" coach, and totally give him a pass on down and distance ....which is
what his main job is.
actually ...his only job seeing as how he doesn't call plays.

Hobbits.

MikeSherrard
01-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Tom Coughlin is the man!

DragonSoul
01-09-2012, 09:30 AM
I was happy when we got him as back then and even up to today, the team needed a disciplinarian.

Even though he does have occasional lapses all coaches do like Bellicheck, Parcells, Cowher Dungy and the others.

I do think he and the FO are loyal to a fault. I think sherriden was the first guy I can remember only lasting 1 year. Generally all others have to be run out of town from the media and fans.

GameTime
01-09-2012, 09:52 AM
i'm too tired to hate on him today, so i'll pass on this thread.

so , if and when we ever get a coach that YOU disapprove of ; are you going to not voice your opinion and stay off these boards yourself ? i'm sure we must have had a coach around here at some point in time that YOU disliked...and i'm sure you probably posted your disapproval. your self appointed rule of these boards and mod status doesn't make you right and me wrong. i have the right to dislike him just as much as you have the right to like him. being in the minority in my opinion doesn't deplete me of my rights to have that opinion ...and to voice it on these boards. i don't swear or call anybody names..... and am usually polite to other posters ...even those who disagree with me , and most of my posts are just humorous jibs. but some of you really take your love of TC and your personal opinions way too seriously. so why didn't you just respond to the OP , and leave me alone ; because as i recall, i passed on this thread. but no ; you just couldn't leave a sleeping dog lie, so i guess i'll have to recant my pass and contribute to to this wonderful thread after all. and you all know what i'm going to say..but i'll say again anyway ; trophy or no trophy , TC must go.</P>

oh stop already...</P>

fans like you will complain about anything and everything and will veil itunder the guise of being pro team and I want my team to tbe the best.....blah blah blah. Well no **** sherlock....Every fan wants their team to be the best.</P>

For you to piss and moan about TC is a joke IMO.</P>

Your sig alone points out that you are arrogant and pig headed....</P>

BTW....enjoy the win.Most of us are....</P>

stormblue
01-09-2012, 10:06 AM

Disciple?* He was a WR coach for 3 years after already coached for 19.* Guaranteed he was teaching Parcells' more than the other way around.

he is 5 years younger than parcells and his coaching experience at the nfl level before joining Parcells was only 2 years of wide receiver coach with Philly and GB.
at the time Parcells had already been coaching at the pro level for 9 years, 5 as a head coach.
only after leaving Parcells to go Boston College did he become a head coach.

so yes ....a Parcells disciple,,,not the other way around.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-09-2012, 10:13 AM
</h4>

i see that this obsession with the 12 men in the huddle thing is gaining momentum.

do you Hobbits actually think that TC himself
was actually counting heads out there?

that was relayed to him from who's ever in charge of knowing that , one of the "git back" coaches probably.

but you overlook the fact that he wasn't smart enough to know that it was 3rd down after the Nicks catch just before the half, which coulda cost us a game under the right circumstances in the 4th qtr.

when its he himself who stands right there by the down markers and official all day long and didn't notice the poor spot or what down it was on the Nicks catch.

are you reading this too GOBIGBLUE52

i offer what i have when the situation arises.
i don't have to repeat every thing that TC has done or not done over the course of his tenure
that has given me pause to dislike him , everytime somebody wants to know why i don't like him as a head coach.

so here is a prime example.
you Hobbits praise him like a god for merely
listening to a "git back" coach, and totally give him a pass on down and distance ....which is
what his main job is.
actually ...his only job seeing as how he doesn't call plays.

Hobbits.

And if you listened to Mike Periera after halftime when he was in the booth with Buck and Aikman, you might remember that he said any call for a measurement inside two minutes to go has to come from the official. Try again.

Furthermore, if he didn't call a timeout right before a 2 minute warning, we never would've had that drive to begin with anyway.

stormblue
01-09-2012, 10:53 AM

so , if and when we ever get a coach that YOU disapprove of ; are you going to not voice your opinion and stay off these boards yourself ? i'm sure we must have had a coach around here at some point in time that YOU disliked...and i'm sure you probably posted your disapproval. your self appointed rule of these boards and mod status doesn't make you right and me wrong. i have the right to dislike him just as much as you have the right to like him. being in the minority in my opinion doesn't deplete me of my rights to have that opinion ...and to voice it on these boards. i don't swear or call anybody names..... and am usually polite to other posters ...even those who disagree with me , and most of my posts are just humorous jibs. but some of you really take your love of TC and your personal opinions way too seriously. so why didn't you just respond to the OP , and leave me alone ; because as i recall, i passed on this thread. but no ; you just couldn't leave a sleeping dog lie, so i guess i'll have to recant my pass and contribute to to this wonderful thread after all. and you all know what i'm going to say..but i'll say again anyway ; trophy or no trophy , TC must go.</P>

oh stop already...</P>

fans like you will complain about anything and everything and will veil it*under the guise of being pro team and I want my team to tbe the best.....blah blah blah. Well no **** sherlock....Every fan wants their team to be the best.</P>

BTW....enjoy the win.*Most *of us are....</P>

i enjoyed the victory today as much as you or any one did......'i'm from Watertown NY and was born in 1955 and was raised as a Giants
fan.
that doesn't mean i have to like TC {or any other coach for that matter} to qualify as a true
and loyal fan.
i'm sure it didn't bother you one iota when i was calling for Sherridan's head.
or when i was calling for Handley's head.
or way back when with Sherman or Webster or any of the other lousy head coaches we have had.hows about Bill freakin' Arnsparger..
do ya remember that fiasco ?
point is , as a fan i can love and root for my team.....and dislike the head coach.
just because all you Hobbits love TC does not make me a lesser Giants fan.
bleedin' blue since '55.
i've paid my g'ddamn dues and i'll reserve the
right to dislike any head coach as i see unfit.

about my signature
you are right ;

my signature points out my arrogance but
it is also tempered with humor and humility.
(as was its intent you mis-guided maroon)

but that is obviously way above your perception level , so interpret it how you will .

as for your highly original signature (lol)

measure twice ....cut once.

if the 2nd measurement doesn't match the1st one ....which one was right ?
uh -oh, now we gotta measure a 3rd time
and accept the best 2 out of 3 ?

by now the play clock has run down to zero.

what a waste of time ....

measure it right the first time ,
or hire somebody else who can.

Hobbit.

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 11:08 AM
you know another thing just came to mind, many other coaches in the NFL have alternate agendas (i.e. a dream job) ... maybe, secretly Rex Ryan wants to coach the Eagles and get them the Super Bowl that his father could not ... maybe Pete Carroll wants a more glamourous job in a less rainy city than Seattle, etc.

all Tom wants to do is coach the Giants, he has no personal agenda, no other dream job

ryan12
01-09-2012, 11:09 AM
coach of the year imo.

GameTime
01-09-2012, 11:18 AM

oh stop already...</P>

fans like you will complain about anything and everything and will veil itunder the guise of being pro team and I want my team to tbe the best.....blah blah blah. Well no **** sherlock....Every fan wants their team to be the best.</P>

BTW....enjoy the win.Most of us are....</P>

i enjoyed the victory today as much as you or any one did......'i'm from Watertown NY and was born in 1955 and was raised as a Giants fan. that doesn't mean i have to like TC {or any other coach for that matter} to qualify as a true and loyal fan. i'm sure it didn't bother you one iota when i was calling for Sherridan's head. or when i was calling for Handley's head. or way back when with Sherman or Webster or any of the other lousy head coaches we have had.hows about Bill freakin' Arnsparger.. do ya remember that fiasco ? point is , as a fan i can love and root for my team.....and dislike the head coach. just because all you Hobbits love TC does not make me a lesser Giants fan. bleedin' blue since '55. i've paid my g'ddamn dues and i'll reserve the right to dislike any head coach as i see unfit. about my signature you are right ; my signature points out my arrogance but it is also tempered with humor and humility. (as was its intent you mis-guided maroon) but that is obviously way above your perception level , so interpret it how you will . as for your highly original signature (lol) measure twice ....cut once. if the 2nd measurement doesn't match the1st one ....which one was right ? uh -oh, now we gotta measure a 3rd time and accept the best 2 out of 3 ? by now the play clock has run down to zero. what a waste of time .... measure it right the first time , or hire somebody else who can. Hobbit.</P>

listen...you can have your opnion and so can I. Dont bring up the **** coaches from the past because TC shouldnt even be mentionbed in the same breath as those you so convenitnly pointed out..</P>

I dont care how long you've been a fan....Congrats....so you you've been a fan for a long time. Big deal......so have I. </P>

You callother fanshobbits and morons.....I dont even have to add to that show your arrogance and ignorance all at the same time.</P>

You're a know it all fan who thinks they know better than the coaching staff just because you've been a long time fan. Being afan doesnt mean you know **** on how to run a football team....</P>

</P>

</P>

stormblue
01-09-2012, 11:28 AM
@ GOBIGBLUE52

"And if you listened to Mike Periera after halftime when he was in the booth with Buck and Aikman, you might remember that he said any call for a measurement inside two minutes to go has to come from the official. Try again."

nope, i did not catch that session with Periera,
nor was i aware of that rule.

so you got me there 100%.
busted,
i hate it when that happens.

stormblue
01-09-2012, 12:09 PM
from GameTime

listen...you can have your opnion and so can I. Dont bring up the *** coaches from the past because TC shouldnt even be mentionbed in the same breath as those you so convenitnly pointed out..

I dont care how long you've been a fan....Congrats....so you you've been a fan for a long time. Big deal......so have I.

You call other fans hobbits and morons.....I dont even have to add to that show your arrogance and ignorance all at the same time.

You're a know it all fan who thinks they know better than the coaching staff just because you've been a long time fan. Being a fan doesnt mean you know *** on how to run a football team....

@GameTime

hey, all i'm askin' for is the right to voice my
opinion like anyone else around here without people overreacting and getting angry and telling me i'm a lousy fan just 'cuz i dislike TC.

the Hobbit reference is funny as hell if you stop and think about it......the effect that that one ring has had on all of you.

and again my humor goes over your head with calling posters "MAROONS" not morons.
i have never called anyone a "moron"

have you never watched buggs bunny ?
"what a maroon" was one of his infamous catch phrases.

its just a playful well intended jib.

you Hobbits and maroons just don't
understand that most of my posts are intended to be humorous sarcastic and witty.

some of you seem to take everything i post as life and death and anger when my intent is just rolling out some well intended smack and controversial food for thought.

anyways , TC's winning % with the Giants is currently .578 which remarkably is right in the middle when compared to his predecessors.
there are 8 coaches with better stats and 8 coaches with worse stats.
i would prefer a coach that can at least maintain an average of .625.
thats 10 and 6.
and i don't think that's too much too ask.
TC is at a 9 and 7 pace and i guess
that's totally acceptable .....

for Cleveland Browns fans
and Hobbits.
and maroons.

OrangeGiant
01-09-2012, 12:23 PM
The fact of the matter is the Giants are moving on in the playoffs. They won a home playoff game so we don't have to listen to that anymore. So they were 9-7, who cares? It was good enough to win the East and get a home playoff game. Guess what, 10-6 or 11-5 would have put us right where we are now anyway. Think maybe the schedule had something to do with the record?</P>

TC kept this team focused on the prize when things were not looking too good and this team was on the verge of not making the playoffs. Always have been a fan and that hasn't changed. </P>

</P>

GameTime
01-09-2012, 12:57 PM
from GameTime listen...you can have your opnion and so can I. Dont bring up the *** coaches from the past because TC shouldnt even be mentionbed in the same breath as those you so convenitnly pointed out.. I dont care how long you've been a fan....Congrats....so you you've been a fan for a long time. Big deal......so have I. You call other fans hobbits and morons.....I dont even have to add to that show your arrogance and ignorance all at the same time. You're a know it all fan who thinks they know better than the coaching staff just because you've been a long time fan. Being a fan doesnt mean you know *** on how to run a football team.... @GameTime hey, all i'm askin' for is the right to voice my opinion like anyone else around here without people overreacting and getting angry and telling me i'm a lousy fan just 'cuz i dislike TC. the Hobbit reference is funny as hell if you stop and think about it......the effect that that one ring has had on all of you. and again my humor goes over your head with calling posters "MAROONS" not morons. i have never called anyone a "moron" have you never watched buggs bunny ? "what a maroon" was one of his infamous catch phrases. its just a playful well intended jib. you Hobbits and maroons just don't understand that most of my posts are intended to be humorous sarcastic and witty. some of you seem to take everything i post as life and death and anger when my intent is just rolling out some well intended smack and controversial food for thought. anyways , TC's winning % with the Giants is currently .578 which remarkably is right in the middle when compared to his predecessors. there are 8 coaches with better stats and 8 coaches with worse stats. i would prefer a coach that can at least maintain an average of .625. thats 10 and 6. and i don't think that's too much too ask. TC is at a 9 and 7 pace and i guess that's totally acceptable ..... for Cleveland Browns fans and Hobbits. and maroons.</P>

ok so I misread maroons for morons. Your posts you say are from a witty and sarcastic standpoint but they are also laced with snobbery of being some elite fan who thinks theyknows how to run a football team. Also you do nothave to ask to have your opnion because you do have your opinion. No permission needed. </P>

BTW.....your humor is not as sophisticated as you think. Yet anouther example of your self indulgence. </P>

I dont take football as life and death I just dont particularly like when some fans act so arrogant that they think they know it all and know what the team "should" do to be successful. </P>

Also huge fan of bugs bunny.......much funier than you though....:)</P>

stormblue
01-09-2012, 01:09 PM
from GameTime listen...you can have your opnion and so can I. Dont bring up the *** coaches from the past because TC shouldnt even be mentionbed in the same breath as those you so convenitnly pointed out.. I dont care how long you've been a fan....Congrats....so you you've been a fan for a long time. Big deal......so have I. You call other fans hobbits and morons.....I dont even have to add to that show your arrogance and ignorance all at the same time. You're a know it all fan who thinks they know better than the coaching staff just because you've been a long time fan. Being a fan doesnt mean you know *** on how to run a football team.... @GameTime hey, all i'm askin' for is the right to voice my opinion like anyone else around here without people overreacting and getting angry and telling me i'm a lousy fan just 'cuz i dislike TC. the Hobbit reference is funny as hell if you stop and think about it......the effect that that one ring has had on all of you. and again my humor goes over your head with calling posters "MAROONS" not morons. i have never called anyone a "moron" have you never watched buggs bunny ? "what a maroon" was one of his infamous catch phrases. its just a playful well intended jib. you Hobbits and maroons just don't understand that most of my posts are intended to be humorous sarcastic and witty. some of you seem to take everything i post as life and death and anger when my intent is just rolling out some well intended smack and controversial food for thought. anyways , TC's winning % with the Giants is currently .578 which remarkably is right in the middle when compared to his predecessors. there are 8 coaches with better stats and 8 coaches with worse stats. i would prefer a coach that can at least maintain an average of .625. thats 10 and 6. and i don't think that's too much too ask. TC is at a 9 and 7 pace and i guess that's totally acceptable ..... for Cleveland Browns fans and Hobbits. and maroons.</P>

ok so I misread maroons for morons. Your posts you say are from a witty and sarcastic standpoint but they are also laced with snobbery of being some elite fan who thinks they*knows how to run a football team. Also you do not*have to ask to have your opnion because you do have your opinion. No permission needed. </P>

BTW.....your humor is not as sophisticated as you think. Yet anouther example of your self indulgence. </P>

*I dont take football as life and death I just dont particularly like when some fans act so arrogant that they think they know it all and know what the team "should" do to be successful. </P>

Also huge fan of bugs bunny.......much funier than you* though....:)</P>

i wish i knew it all, i'm the guy who is always
stating what i think the rules are ( or what they should be ) and then i get busted by someone who knows what the real rules are.
i was rippin' on TC for not calling for a measurement on the Nicks catch just before
the half.
then somebody B-slapped me with the fact that TC can't do that under2 mins. it has to come from the booth.
so i re-posted , admitting my ignorance.

i'm a just a run-of-the-mill TC hater ,
i'm not an evil anti-christ.

so peace be with you...
ya freakin' Hobbit !

Penguin101
01-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Not one of the best, THE BEST. I love his way of coaching and always have...

GMENAGAIN
01-09-2012, 01:43 PM

ok so I misread maroons for morons. Your posts you say are from a witty and sarcastic standpoint but they are also laced with snobbery of being some elite fan who thinks theyknows how to run a football team. Also you do nothave to ask to have your opnion because you do have your opinion. No permission needed. </P>

I dont take football as life and death I just dont particularly like when some fans act so arrogant that they think they know it all and know what the team "should" do to be successful. </P>

i wish i knew it all, i'm the guy who is always stating what i think the rules are ( or what they should be ) and then i get busted by someone who knows what the real rules are. i was rippin' on TC for not calling for a measurement on the Nicks catch just before the half. then somebody B-slapped me with the fact that TC can't do that under2 mins. it has to come from the booth. so i re-posted , admitting my ignorance. i'm a just a run-of-the-mill TC hater , i'm not an evil anti-christ. so peace be with you... ya freakin' Hobbit !</P>

No one is saying that you are not entitled to state your opinion, but when your opinion is that TC should be fired even if he wins the SB this year, you just look like a fool. </P>

stormblue
01-09-2012, 02:07 PM

ok so I misread maroons for morons. Your posts you say are from a witty and sarcastic standpoint but they are also laced with snobbery of being some elite fan who thinks they*knows how to run a football team. Also you do not*have to ask to have your opnion because you do have your opinion. No permission needed. </P>

*I dont take football as life and death I just dont particularly like when some fans act so arrogant that they think they know it all and know what the team "should" do to be successful. </P>

Also huge fan of bugs bunny.......much funier than you* though....:)</P>

i wish i knew it all, i'm the guy who is always stating what i think the rules are ( or what they should be ) and then i get busted by someone who knows what the real rules are. i was rippin' on TC for not calling for a measurement on the Nicks catch just before the half. then somebody B-slapped me with the fact that TC can't do that under2 mins. it has to come from the booth. so i re-posted , admitting my ignorance. i'm a just a run-of-the-mill TC hater , i'm not an evil anti-christ. so peace be with you... ya freakin' Hobbit !</P>

No one is saying that you are not entitled to state your opinion, but when your opinion is that TC should be fired even if he wins the SB this year, you just look like a fool.*
</P>

well , that's in my signature too/
"stormblue has spoken"
is taken from the wizard of oz
remember the booming voice that would reign supreme spewing intense wisdom at them with maximum force and volume and then finishing with "the mighty oz has spoken"
but then they pull the curtain to reveal a helpless feeble powerless old man running his worthless spin on sh!t .

thus ...."stormblue has spoken "
but i guess that's probably where people get the impression of me being arrogant comes from.
too funny... ironic , but funny.

at any rate , the trophy or no trophy stance still
remains.
by " underachieving" i meant that i believe that we could have done better than the one ring , and the one we might get this year if we had had a better coaching staff over this past 8 years.
we should have never missed the playoffs and had 2 rings already lookin' for number 3.
you guys are truly "a bird in the hand" type
while i am more of a "2 in the bush " believer.
if we swap TC and Belichick for 8 years we are in the playoffs all the time and have at least one more ring already.

GameTime
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM

No one is saying that you are not entitled to state your opinion, but when your opinion is that TC should be fired even if he wins the SB this year, you just look like a fool. </P>

well , that's in my signature too/ "stormblue has spoken" is taken from the wizard of oz remember the booming voice that would reign supreme spewing intense wisdom at them with maximum force and volume and then finishing with "the mighty oz has spoken" but then they pull the curtain to reveal a helpless feeble powerless old man running his worthless spin on sh!t . thus ...."stormblue has spoken " but i guess that's probably where people get the impression of me being arrogant comes from. too funny... ironic , but funny. at any rate , the trophy or no trophy stance still remains. by " underachieving" i meant that i believe that we could have done better than the one ring , and the one we might get this year if we had had a better coaching staff over this past 8 years. we should have never missed the playoffs and had 2 rings already lookin' for number 3. you guys are truly "a bird in the hand" type while i am more of a "2 in the bush " believer. if we swap TC and Belichick for 8 years we are in the playoffs all the time and have at least one more ring already.</P>

"ifs" dont mean squat...</P>

but speaking of "ifs"..</P>

what "if" the Giants had worse coaches....then no SB and no playoffs....no nothing.</P>

The 2 birds in the bush dont fill your belly when you are hungry. They are but a tease of what you could have but dont.</P>

GOBIGBLUE52
01-09-2012, 02:45 PM
from GameTime listen...you can have your opnion and so can I. Dont bring up the *** coaches from the past because TC shouldnt even be mentionbed in the same breath as those you so convenitnly pointed out.. I dont care how long you've been a fan....Congrats....so you you've been a fan for a long time. Big deal......so have I. You call other fans hobbits and morons.....I dont even have to add to that show your arrogance and ignorance all at the same time. You're a know it all fan who thinks they know better than the coaching staff just because you've been a long time fan. Being a fan doesnt mean you know *** on how to run a football team.... @GameTime hey, all i'm askin' for is the right to voice my opinion like anyone else around here without people overreacting and getting angry and telling me i'm a lousy fan just 'cuz i dislike TC. the Hobbit reference is funny as hell if you stop and think about it......the effect that that one ring has had on all of you. and again my humor goes over your head with calling posters "MAROONS" not morons. i have never called anyone a "moron" have you never watched buggs bunny ? "what a maroon" was one of his infamous catch phrases. its just a playful well intended jib. you Hobbits and maroons just don't understand that most of my posts are intended to be humorous sarcastic and witty. some of you seem to take everything i post as life and death and anger when my intent is just rolling out some well intended smack and controversial food for thought. anyways , TC's winning % with the Giants is currently .578 which remarkably is right in the middle when compared to his predecessors. there are 8 coaches with better stats and 8 coaches with worse stats. i would prefer a coach that can at least maintain an average of .625. thats 10 and 6. and i don't think that's too much too ask. TC is at a 9 and 7 pace and i guess that's totally acceptable ..... for Cleveland Browns fans and Hobbits. and maroons.</p>

ok so I misread maroons for morons. Your posts you say are from a witty and sarcastic standpoint but they are also laced with snobbery of being some elite fan who thinks theyknows how to run a football team. Also you do nothave to ask to have your opnion because you do have your opinion. No permission needed. </p>

BTW.....your humor is not as sophisticated as you think. Yet anouther example of your self indulgence. </p>

I dont take football as life and death I just dont particularly like when some fans act so arrogant that they think they know it all and know what the team "should" do to be successful. </p>

Also huge fan of bugs bunny.......much funier than you though....:)</p>

i wish i knew it all, i'm the guy who is always stating what i think the rules are ( or what they should be ) and then i get busted by someone who knows what the real rules are. i was rippin' on TC for not calling for a measurement on the Nicks catch just before the half. then somebody B-slapped me with the fact that TC can't do that under2 mins. it has to come from the booth. so i re-posted , admitting my ignorance. i'm a just a run-of-the-mill TC hater , i'm not an evil anti-christ. so peace be with you... ya freakin' Hobbit !</p>

No one is saying that you are not entitled to state your opinion, but when your opinion is that TC should be fired even if he wins the SB this year, you just look like a fool.
</p>

"stormblue has spoken"
remember the booming voice that would reign supreme spewing intense wisdom at them with maximum force and volume and then finishing with "the mighty oz has spoken"
but then they pull the curtain to reveal a helpless feeble powerless old man running his worthless spin on sh!t .

but i guess that's probably where people get the impression of me being arrogant comes from.

remains.
by " underachieving" i meant that i believe that we could have done better than the one ring , and the one we might get this year if we had had a better coaching staff over this past 8 years.
we should have never missed the playoffs and had 2 rings already lookin' for number 3.
if we swap TC and Belichick for 8 years we are in the playoffs all the time and have at least one more ring already.

So were you clamoring for Parcells to be kicked out after Al Toon knocked the Giants out of the playoffs in 88, or when Flipper Anderson ran through the tunnel in 89?

You have no idea how the league works today. Only half of the teams that make the playoffs will make it again the next year. The fact that the Giants have made it so many years under Coughlin and have never had a losing season other than Eli's rookie year is a real testament to how well this team is run. What the Patriots have done is the EXCEPTION to the rule in the NFL today. This isn't the 1980s, where there's minimal turnover and you can have a dominant team for 6 year spans. Any team can win any year.

If we had Belichick we would've won another 2? Go tell that to Cleveland Browns fans, where Belichick was a waste of time. You can't prove we would've won anything more with him coaching here. Also, Belichick hasn't even won a playoff game since before Super Bowl XLII. I don't even know why you're citing Belichick as an example. He's the best coach of the last 10 years, he will be in the hall of fame. SO WHAT?! Was there ever a point where we were considering hiring Belichick over Coughlin? No, I don't think so. Yeah, we passed on him over Handley in 91. But Belichick's first job wasn't a success. He didn't have a good team until 11 years after he left the Giants organization. Hindsight is 20/20.

The Giants have, in the last decade, been one of the most successful teams in the NFL. Actually, I think the only teams you can say that were MORE successful are the Patriots, Packers, and Steelers (only two teams that have won more super bowls, Packers). New Orleans has only been good for the past 5 years, they were ABYSMAL before that. The Eagles have won a lot of division titles, what do they have to show for it other than a bunch of conference championship losses and a SB loss? Go look at every other team in this league and other than the franchises I listed above, name one that's been more successful than the Giants.

The only year where I thought this team really left a possible super bowl on the table was in 2008, and I still believe if Plaxico behaved himself we had a good shot at repeating. An adult unable to deal with a gun isn't Coughlin's problem. In 2009, we had no defense, 2005 we had an awful secondary, 2006 we were dealing with a still-growing Eli Manning, and in 2010 we simply were not good enough. So you build through the draft and free agency to address those flaws. You can't win one every year.

There is a reason why you are citing the wizard of oz, and John Mara
runs this football team. Because we'd be the Matt Millen-era Detroit Lions if people like you were
in charge of things.

Morehead State
01-09-2012, 02:48 PM
For the record...I hate these "In your face" threads.</P>

Everybody has an opinion about our coaches, players, front office, etc..... We are happy sometimes and other times we're downright furious.</P>

But these stupid threads that try to strip out the joy we all have for our teams success have to stop.</P>

We all have opinions, but when the ball is kicked off, we're all rooting with every fiber of our being for every player and coach to do well and help us win the game. Even the ones we have criticized. No fan takes joy in seeing any member of the Giants team do poorly.</P>

Just friggin stop this nonsense.</P>

stormblue
01-09-2012, 02:50 PM
from GameTime

"ifs" dont mean squat...
but speaking of "ifs"..
what "if" the Giants had worse coaches....then no SB and no playoffs....no nothing.

The 2 birds in the bush dont fill your belly when you are hungry. They are but a tease of what you could have but dont.

Measure twice.....cut once

@ GameTime

ok you're right about that , he does put food on the table.....i guess he has not starved me to death , but 12 and 4 with a one and done, and then 2 straight 2nd half collapses......ya gotta admit food has been scarce lately.

had we lost to Dallas .....you'd be in my camp.
but as you say , could be worse ....."Norm" poor lightnin' bolts.

still measuring twice huh ?
keep your eye on the playclock.

GameTime
01-09-2012, 03:02 PM
from GameTime "ifs" dont mean squat... but speaking of "ifs".. what "if" the Giants had worse coaches....then no SB and no playoffs....no nothing. The 2 birds in the bush dont fill your belly when you are hungry. They are but a tease of what you could have but dont. Measure twice.....cut once @ GameTime ok you're right about that , he does put food on the table.....i guess he has not starved me to death , but 12 and 4 with a one and done, and then 2 straight 2nd half collapses......ya gotta admit food has been scarce lately. <FONT color=#000080 size=4>had we lost to Dallas</FONT> .....<FONT color=#000080 size=4>you'd be in my camp</FONT>. but as you say , could be worse ....."Norm" poor lightnin' bolts. still measuring twice huh ? keep your eye on the playclock.</P>

another "if"....</P>

look man I want the Giants to win every game and to be the best they can be. We all do. Then there is reality. No team will win it all every year or even every ten years in the NFL. Its a rarity to get one SB victory here and there. I complain about play calling, coaching, players attitudes too. But, for me, I try not to get overy emphatic about TC, KG, and PF being the worst thing that ever happened to Giants. Also scenarios about other coaches and what they "would have" done with this team is senseless to me. If you want to go there thats cool. You are the wizard of oz so I guess you can change the future and the past if wan to.....:)</P>

BTW....I dont camp.....:)</P>

</P>

Morehead State
01-09-2012, 03:04 PM
from GameTime "ifs" dont mean squat... but speaking of "ifs".. what "if" the Giants had worse coaches....then no SB and no playoffs....no nothing. The 2 birds in the bush dont fill your belly when you are hungry. They are but a tease of what you could have but dont. Measure twice.....cut once @ GameTime ok you're right about that , he does put food on the table.....i guess he has not starved me to death , but 12 and 4 with a one and done, and then 2 straight 2nd half collapses......ya gotta admit food has been scarce lately. <FONT color=#000080 size=4>had we lost to Dallas</FONT> .....<FONT color=#000080 size=4>you'd be in my camp</FONT>. but as you say , could be worse ....."Norm" poor lightnin' bolts. still measuring twice huh ? keep your eye on the playclock.</P>

another "if"....</P>

look man I want the Giants to win every game and to be the best they can be. We all do. Then there is reality. No team will win it all every year or even every ten years in the NFL. Its a rarity to get one SB victory here and there. I complain about play calling, coaching, players attitudes too. But, for me, I try not to get overy emphatic about TC, KG, and PF being the worst thing that ever happened to Giants. Also scenarios about other coaches and what they "would have" done with this team is senseless to me. If you want to go there thats cool. You are the wizard of oz so I guess you can change the future and the past if wan to.....:)</P>

BTW....I dont camp.....:)</P>

</P>

</P>

To me, camping is staying at a hotel without room service.</P>

chasjay
01-09-2012, 03:29 PM
storm blew through and scattered my papers - what a mess

"Maroons" is an old nickname for what are now, pretty much exclusively, known as the "Bulldogs" of Mississippi State

and how do we know it's the Wizard speaking and not Zarathustra?

though it is not needed, you do have my permission to be happy about the past and any future Super Bowl victories secured by the Giants under the tutelage of Tom Coughlin

NYG4lifeNYK
01-09-2012, 03:41 PM
For the record...I hate these "In your face" threads.</p>

Everybody has an opinion about our coaches, players, front office, etc..... We are happy sometimes and other times we're downright furious.</p>

But these stupid threads that try to strip out the joy we all have for our teams success have to stop.</p>

We all have opinions, but when the ball is kicked off, we're all rooting with every fiber of our being for every player and coach to do well and help us win the game. Even the ones we have criticized. No fan takes joy in seeing any member of the Giants team do poorly.</p>

Just friggin stop this nonsense.</p>

I made this thread a few days prior to our win yesterday man haha.. I've always loved Coughlin.

Wasn't tyring to shove it in anyone's face [:O]

stormblue
01-09-2012, 04:03 PM

"Maroons" is an old nickname for what are now, pretty much exclusively, known as the "Bulldogs" of Mississippi State

though it is not needed, you do have my permission to be happy about the past and any future Super Bowl victories secured by the Giants under the tutelage of Tom Coughlin

LMAO
(nice to see somebody gets it.)

thank you , i am extremely grateful for your generosity. and yes i will cherish and enjoy all the playoff games and rings that TC gets for me , even though i am an unworthy fan and evil wizard and don't deserve it !!

rock on BigBLue.

stormblue
01-09-2012, 04:11 PM
For the record...I hate these "In your face" threads.*</P>

*Everybody has an opinion about our coaches, players, front office, etc.....* We are happy sometimes and other times we're downright furious.</P>

But these stupid threads that try to strip out the joy we all have for our teams success have to stop.</P>

We all have opinions, but when the ball is kicked off, we're all rooting with every fiber of our being for every player and coach to do well and help us win the game.* Even the ones we have criticized.* No fan takes joy in seeing any member of the Giants team do poorly.</P>

there is no animosity going on here....
i'm just havin' fun.
i keep gettin' browbeat for hatin' on TC
but its all in good fun....i don't think anybody
is really firing live ammo at me.
at least i hope not.

GameTime
01-09-2012, 04:13 PM

LMAO (nice to see somebody gets it.) thank you , i am extremely grateful for your generosity. and yes i will cherish and enjoy all the playoff games and rings that TC gets for me , even though i am an unworthy fan and evil wizard and don't deserve it !! rock on BigBLue.</P>

no fan is unworthy ( I know thats more sarcasm)butyou are an odd ****ing dude.......[;)]</P>

Morehead State
01-09-2012, 04:15 PM
For the record...I hate these "In your face" threads.</P>

Everybody has an opinion about our coaches, players, front office, etc..... We are happy sometimes and other times we're downright furious.</P>

We all have opinions, but when the ball is kicked off, we're all rooting with every fiber of our being for every player and coach to do well and help us win the game. Even the ones we have criticized. No fan takes joy in seeing any member of the Giants team do poorly.</P>

I made this thread a few days prior to our win yesterday man haha.. I've always loved Coughlin.

Wasn't tyring to shove it in anyone's face [:O]
</P>

I'm shure you weren't. And I have great respect for you as a poster. I guess you can take my comments in the abstract. There are so many guys here who want to stick a good performance by a Giant in the faces of other Giants fans.</P>

stormblue
01-09-2012, 04:26 PM

LMAO (nice to see somebody gets it.) thank you , i am extremely grateful for your generosity. and yes i will cherish and enjoy all the playoff games and rings that TC gets for me , even though i am an unworthy fan and evil wizard and don't deserve it !! rock on BigBLue.</P>

no fan is unworthy ( I know thats more sarcasm)*but*you are an odd ****ing dude.......[;)]</P>

aw heck, GameTime ,if you ain't mad at me anymore i'm gonna have to go "peck a fight" with someone else. damnit .
you were kickin' my arse pretty good too.

its all good , nice banterin' with ya !

stormblue
01-09-2012, 04:56 PM
from GameTime listen...you can have your opnion and so can I. Dont bring up the *** coaches from the past because TC shouldnt even be mentionbed in the same breath as those you so convenitnly pointed out.. I dont care how long you've been a fan....Congrats....so you you've been a fan for a long time. Big deal......so have I. You call other fans hobbits and morons.....I dont even have to add to that show your arrogance and ignorance all at the same time. You're a know it all fan who thinks they know better than the coaching staff just because you've been a long time fan. Being a fan doesnt mean you know *** on how to run a football team.... @GameTime hey, all i'm askin' for is the right to voice my opinion like anyone else around here without people overreacting and getting angry and telling me i'm a lousy fan just 'cuz i dislike TC. the Hobbit reference is funny as hell if you stop and think about it......the effect that that one ring has had on all of you. and again my humor goes over your head with calling posters "MAROONS" not morons. i have never called anyone a "moron" have you never watched buggs bunny ? "what a maroon" was one of his infamous catch phrases. its just a playful well intended jib. you Hobbits and maroons just don't understand that most of my posts are intended to be humorous sarcastic and witty. some of you seem to take everything i post as life and death and anger when my intent is just rolling out some well intended smack and controversial food for thought. anyways , TC's winning % with the Giants is currently .578 which remarkably is right in the middle when compared to his predecessors. there are 8 coaches with better stats and 8 coaches with worse stats. i would prefer a coach that can at least maintain an average of .625. thats 10 and 6. and i don't think that's too much too ask. TC is at a 9 and 7 pace and i guess that's totally acceptable ..... for Cleveland Browns fans and Hobbits. and maroons.</p>

ok so I misread maroons for morons. Your posts you say are from a witty and sarcastic standpoint but they are also laced with snobbery of being some elite fan who thinks they*knows how to run a football team. Also you do not*have to ask to have your opnion because you do have your opinion. No permission needed. </p>

BTW.....your humor is not as sophisticated as you think. Yet anouther example of your self indulgence. </p>

*I dont take football as life and death I just dont particularly like when some fans act so arrogant that they think they know it all and know what the team "should" do to be successful. </p>

Also huge fan of bugs bunny.......much funier than you* though....:)</p>

i wish i knew it all, i'm the guy who is always stating what i think the rules are ( or what they should be ) and then i get busted by someone who knows what the real rules are. i was rippin' on TC for not calling for a measurement on the Nicks catch just before the half. then somebody B-slapped me with the fact that TC can't do that under2 mins. it has to come from the booth. so i re-posted , admitting my ignorance. i'm a just a run-of-the-mill TC hater , i'm not an evil anti-christ. so peace be with you... ya freakin' Hobbit !</p>

No one is saying that you are not entitled to state your opinion, but when your opinion is that TC should be fired even if he wins the SB this year, you just look like a fool.*
</p>

"stormblue has spoken"

remains.

So were you clamoring for Parcells to be kicked out after Al Toon knocked the Giants out of the playoffs in 88, or when Flipper Anderson ran through the tunnel in 89?

You have no idea how the league works today. Only half of the teams that make the playoffs will make it again the next year. The fact that the Giants have made it so many years under Coughlin and have never had a losing season other than Eli's rookie year is a real testament to how well this team is run. What the Patriots have done is the EXCEPTION to the rule in the NFL today. This isn't the 1980s, where there's minimal turnover and you can have a dominant team for 6 year spans. Any team can win any year.

If we had Belichick we would've won another 2? Go tell that to Cleveland Browns fans, where Belichick was a waste of time. You can't prove we would've won anything more with him coaching here. Also, Belichick hasn't even won a playoff game since before Super Bowl XLII. I don't even know why you're citing Belichick as an example. He's the best coach of the last 10 years, he will be in the hall of fame. SO WHAT?! Was there ever a point where we were considering hiring Belichick over Coughlin? No, I don't think so. Yeah, we passed on him over Handley in 91. But Belichick's first job wasn't a success. He didn't have a good team until 11 years after he left the Giants organization. Hindsight is 20/20.

The Giants have, in the last decade, been one of the most successful teams in the NFL. Actually, I think the only teams you can say that were MORE successful are the Patriots, Packers, and Steelers (only two teams that have won more super bowls, Packers). New Orleans has only been good for the past 5 years, they were ABYSMAL before that. The Eagles have won a lot of division titles, what do they have to show for it other than a bunch of conference championship losses and a SB loss? Go look at every other team in this league and other than the franchises I listed above, name one that's been more successful than the Giants.

The only year where I thought this team really left a possible super bowl on the table was in 2008, and I still believe if Plaxico behaved himself we had a good shot at repeating. An adult unable to deal with a gun isn't Coughlin's problem. In 2009, we had no defense, 2005 we had an awful secondary, 2006 we were dealing with a still-growing Eli Manning, and in 2010 we simply were not good enough. So you build through the draft and free agency to address those flaws. You can't win one every year.

There is a reason why you are citing the wizard of oz, and John Mara
runs this football team. Because we'd be the Matt Millen-era Detroit Lions if people like you were
in charge of things.

don't put words in my mouth , Parcells is god..
end of story.
the cleveland browns had garbage players when he was there . Kosar already washed up and replaced by Mike Tomzac.
and Modell fighting with the city over a new stadium and pocketing all the revenue to cover his buisness losses and scheming to move to baltimore . instead of investing in quality payroll.
who could have excelled in that environment?

and one of the best records in the nfl during his tenure ?
with a record of 74 and 54 ... are you nuts ?what kind of math are you using ?

and of course i have no idea about how to run a football team , never said i did.
just don't think that TC does either.

you are right about the wizard of oz vs the Mara's running the team though.....the wizard would not have hired TC to start with.

Hobbit.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-09-2012, 06:42 PM
don't put words in my mouth , Parcells is god..
end of story.

Little known fact: coming into this year, the Giants record under Coughin vs. the record under Parcells under the first 6 years (Coughlin from 2004 to 2010 and Parcells from 1983 to 1989) was almost exactly the same. Parcells had one more tie (1 tie in 1983) and one less loss. In 1990 the Giants went 13-3 and won the super bowl. In 2011 the Giants went 9-7, a super bowl win has yet to be determined.

Furthermore, Parcells win in 1990 was the last super bowl win of his career. His success since has diminished. He led the Pats to a SB loss. He led the Jets to an AFCCG. He led the Cowboys to the playoffs. And he did nothing to the Dolphins except rob them of money.

So if Parcells is a god (and believe me, for what he did with the Giants, he should be a HOFer), is Tom THAT much worse? Don't give me the Spagnulo garbage, he was only here two years, and I could say the same thing about Parcells and Belichick.

the cleveland browns had garbage players when he was there . Kosar already washed up and replaced by Mike Tomzac.
and Modell fighting with the city over a new stadium and pocketing all the revenue to cover his buisness losses and scheming to move to baltimore . instead of investing in quality payroll.
who could have excelled in that environment?

But they fired him? You know why so many teams aren't successful nowadays? Because of the lack of continuity and fast coaching turnover. Rome wasn't built in a day. The Rams made a mistake by firing Spagnulo, and I think firing Raheem Morris is going to set the Bucs back more than they realize. One bad year in this league now is enough to disregard any previous success and start all over. The patriots didn't make the playoffs in 2002 at 9-7 - what happens if they fired Belichick after that? I certainly don't think they win the next two super bowls!

and one of the best records in the nfl during his tenure ?
with a record of 74 and 54 ... are you nuts ?what kind of math are you using?
The Giants were 6-10 in a rebuilding year, Coughlin's first and Eli's rookie season. Since then, they have made the playoffs all but two years, never finishing with a record worse than 8-8 and have won one super bowl. In that timespan, how many teams have been more successful than that? Oh the Eagles. Do they have any trophies in their case? I DON'T THINK SO. Dallas has one playoff game since 1996. The Redskins haven't sniffed success since Joe Gibbs 1.0 (and 1/2 years under Joe Gibbs 2.0).

And I'll bite: 74-54...winning percentage of .578. Looking among active coaches, these are who are higher (I am counting regular season)
1)Rex Ryan - .583 (has never even been to a super bowl, and he is starting to lose his team. Advantage Coughlin)
2) Bill Belichick - .724 (self explanatory, HOF coach)
3) Mike Tomlin - .688 (Inherited a great team. Still, I'll spot this one, because you can't argue with success and even if you inherit a team you still have to coach it)
4) Norv Turner - .613 (one of the worst head coaches in the game, Charger fans are rioting he's back, and the world is shocked he's still there. And again, has not even been to a SB. Advantage Coughlin)
5) Andy Reid - .608 (no explanation needed. Will never win a super bowl. Ask any Eagle fan and they'd take Coughlin)
6) Shanahan is an odd one: had great success early on in Denver but has not won anything in over a decade. Now in Washington it's looking to be the same way....I'll STILL take Tom.
7) Mike McCarthy - .656 (another one I'll give, has done a GREAT job in Green Bay)
8) Mike Smith - .672 (yesterday's game should serve as a great example why nobody here would ever want him. Way too many stupid playcalls and the Falcons were outplayed, and outcoached)
9) Sean Payton - .646 (has done a great job. He was such a bad OC in the end with us though, in the red zone especially, that I laughed when the saints hired him. I was wrong)
10) Jim Harbaugh - .813 (good so far. Let's see it sustain. Guaranteed they're not as good next year)

So there are only 10 coaches with a higher winning percentage than Coughlin today, putting him in the top 3rd. And of those 10, there are only four that I can say have been DEFINITELY more successful: Payton, McCarthy, Belichick, Tomlin. Jim Harbaugh can get there in 2 or 3 years.

For the record: Parcell's win % as Giants coach was .611, only .033 better and had one more super bowl win. Two more winning seasons here and another super bowl, Coughlin is right up there.

Either way, you lose. Try again.

and of course i have no idea about how to run a football team , never said i did.
just don't think that TC does either.

you are right about the wizard of oz vs the Mara's running the team though.....the wizard would not have hired TC to start with.

Hobbit.

Good, so we'll give New England their undefeated season.

Seriously, you are entitled to your opinion. But your opinion has no fact based foundation to stand on. If you are going to say something, back it up with some form of tangible evidence. You do not do that. TC is here to stay for at least another year and is the best guy we could have.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2012, 06:58 PM

your disapproval.

i passed on this thread.

I tend to support the organization, which includes the coaching staff. Players come and go and I support them while they wear the uniform but by their very nature, they are transient to one extent or another. Even players, like Eli, who will retire where they started, are relative "short timers."

SO, I trust the organization to hire the best coaches that they believe will buy into and foster the team's philosophy. I also believe when a coach or coaches aren't doing that, they will be shown the door. I also know I don't know enough about coaching to know what I'm talking about so, again, I defer to people like John Mara and Jerry Reese.

I'm not a moderator, just a poster like you. You wrote something and I wrote something in response. That's how it works. My posts are no more valid or relevant than anyone else's, except to me, of course lol

TC will go if that's what the organization wants. I happen to think it won't happen but if it does, it does. We'll get a new coach and we'll see how long it takes for the head hunters to look for his scalp.

stormblue
01-09-2012, 07:26 PM
@ GOBIGBLUE52

so you throw out a stat ...
i throw out a stat.
you throw out a fact,
i throw out a fact,

you say my stats and facts are bs.
i say your stats and facts are bs

we can both twist it around anyway we
want to, but neither one of us is gonna change the others mind.

i'm a TC hater. (figuratively speaking)

you're a TC lover. (figuratively speaking)

but truthfully, all facts and stats aside.....i just don't like the guy.
and there is no point you can make that will change that.

the plain truth is that he won this franchise a Lombardy Trophy , and they (Mara and Tisch)
will let him coach until he decides he wants to step down.
and they don't care what i think about it ....
nor should they.....they sign his check , if they
are good with it that's all that really matters.

so you are right.....i have been hatin' on him for 8 years to no avail, and he'll be here 'till
he feels like retiring.
but i sincerely hope that when that time finally comes and he steps down ; that he is replaced by someone that YOU can't stand
so you can feel my pain.
and hopefully it will be someone that i like,
so i can watch you suffer for a decade with a coach that you can't stand.

now your 20 mins. is up....get off my phone.
click.

stormblue
01-09-2012, 07:41 PM

your disapproval.

i passed on this thread.

I tend to support the organization, which includes the coaching staff.* Players come and go and I support them while they wear the uniform but by their very nature, they are transient to one extent or another.* Even players, like Eli, who will retire where they started, are relative "short timers."

SO, I trust the organization to hire the best coaches that they believe will buy into and foster the team's philosophy.* I also believe when a coach or coaches aren't doing that, they will be shown the door.** I also know I don't know enough about coaching to know what I'm talking about so, again, I defer to people like John Mara and Jerry Reese.

I'm not a moderator, just a poster like you.* You wrote something and I wrote something in response.* That's how it works.* My posts are no more valid or relevant than anyone else's, except to me, of course* lol

TC will go if that's what the organization wants.* I happen to think it won't happen but if it does, it does.* We'll get a new coach and we'll see how long it takes for the head hunters to look for his scalp.

actually your response of
"Why not just pass on the Boards?'
was the best response i've had...
pure humorous sarcasm.....exactly what the
situation called for......
i was just under attack by 4 or 5 posters all at the same time and missed a real good sarcastic post , you went right over my head.
wish i'da got you with one that good.
i'll keep hatin' on him though !!

the Mara's can't ignore me forever.

RoanokeFan
01-09-2012, 08:36 PM

your disapproval.

i passed on this thread.

I tend to support the organization, which includes the coaching staff. Players come and go and I support them while they wear the uniform but by their very nature, they are transient to one extent or another. Even players, like Eli, who will retire where they started, are relative "short timers."

SO, I trust the organization to hire the best coaches that they believe will buy into and foster the team's philosophy. I also believe when a coach or coaches aren't doing that, they will be shown the door. I also know I don't know enough about coaching to know what I'm talking about so, again, I defer to people like John Mara and Jerry Reese.

I'm not a moderator, just a poster like you. You wrote something and I wrote something in response. That's how it works. My posts are no more valid or relevant than anyone else's, except to me, of course lol

TC will go if that's what the organization wants. I happen to think it won't happen but if it does, it does. We'll get a new coach and we'll see how long it takes for the head hunters to look for his scalp.

actually your response of
"Why not just pass on the Boards?'
was the best response i've had...
pure humorous sarcasm.....exactly what the
situation called for......
i was just under attack by 4 or 5 posters all at the same time and missed a real good sarcastic post , you went right over my head.
wish i'da got you with one that good.
i'll keep hatin' on him though !!

the Mara's can't ignore me forever.

LOL my short replay actually was; "who pissed in your Wheaties"? But I thoght you deserved the longer version

GMENAGAIN
01-10-2012, 10:31 AM

well , that's in my signature too/ "stormblue has spoken" is taken from the wizard of oz remember the booming voice that would reign supreme spewing intense wisdom at them with maximum force and volume and then finishing with "the mighty oz has spoken" but then they pull the curtain to reveal a helpless feeble powerless old man running his worthless spin on sh!t . thus ...."stormblue has spoken " but i guess that's probably where people get the impression of me being arrogant comes from. too funny... ironic , but funny. at any rate , the trophy or no trophy stance still remains. by " underachieving" i meant that i believe that we could have done better than the one ring , and the one we might get this year if we had had a better coaching staff over this past 8 years. we should have never missed the playoffs and had 2 rings already lookin' for number 3. you guys are truly "a bird in the hand" type while i am more of a "2 in the bush " believer. if we swap TC and Belichick for 8 years we are in the playoffs all the time and have at least one more ring already.</P>

Wizard of Oz???</P>

Wow . . . . You're a little nutty, huh Storm?</P>

</P>

</P>

GOBIGBLUE52
01-10-2012, 08:12 PM
@ GOBIGBLUE52

so you throw out a stat ...
i throw out a stat.
you throw out a fact,
i throw out a fact,

you say my stats and facts are bs.
i say your stats and facts are bs

we can both twist it around anyway we
want to, but neither one of us is gonna change the others mind.

i'm a TC hater. (figuratively speaking)

you're a TC lover. (figuratively speaking)

but truthfully, all facts and stats aside.....i just don't like the guy.
and there is no point you can make that will change that.

the plain truth is that he won this franchise a Lombardy Trophy , and they (Mara and Tisch)
will let him coach until he decides he wants to step down.
and they don't care what i think about it ....
nor should they.....they sign his check , if they
are good with it that's all that really matters.

so you are right.....i have been hatin' on him for 8 years to no avail, and he'll be here 'till
he feels like retiring.
but i sincerely hope that when that time finally comes and he steps down ; that he is replaced by someone that YOU can't stand
so you can feel my pain.
and hopefully it will be someone that i like,
so i can watch you suffer for a decade with a coach that you can't stand.

now your 20 mins. is up....get off my phone.
click.

You haven't used any stats or facts. The only factual stat you threw out was Coughlins W/L record as Giants coach, which was proven to only hurt your case. I support every coach this organization hires when they come in, for them to lose my respect they have to do a lot wrong. Your hatred is irrational, it would be different if you asked TC to sign something for you in a grocery store and he told you to go **** off or something.