PDA

View Full Version : Easy E Versus Matti- Ice

BlueBlitzer
01-06-2012, 05:59 PM
15 TDs in the 4th quarter. Eli makes it look Easy.

TrueBlue07
01-06-2012, 06:04 PM
I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until he proves me wrong....Matty Ice is the most undeserving nickname in football. Zero playoff wins and he is "Ice"? I just don't get it.

pj18
01-06-2012, 06:18 PM
I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until he proves me wrong....Matty Ice is the most undeserving nickname in football. Zero playoff wins and he is "Ice"? I just don't get it.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/comeback.cgi?player=RyanMa00

Not a bad resume for a 4th year qb. Having said that, I wish him nothing but the worst on Sunday.

CTLadyBlue
01-06-2012, 06:18 PM
It's the most ridiculous name I've heard. Even more ridiculous was hearing Francesa referring to him as that on his show. I mean, is he told by the network to be sure to use the Falcons' QB's ktichy nickname so he sounds cool and stuff? IMO, Matt Ryan isn't even that popular to garner any kind of nickname

Please, everyone in the media - just stop calling him that

FlipNYG77
01-06-2012, 06:19 PM
thats cuz he get cold during the playoffs....wow 1st post after years of lurking

miked1958
01-06-2012, 07:13 PM
I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until he proves me wrong....Matty Ice is the most undeserving nickname in football.* Zero playoff wins and he is "Ice"? I just don't get it.

He is going to be MELTING ICE when our DLine gets through with him

hungrrrry
01-06-2012, 07:40 PM
I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it until he proves me wrong....Matty Ice is the most undeserving nickname in football.* Zero playoff wins and he is "Ice"? I just don't get it.
i think these nicknames are all stupid...if you just want to call him EM or MR, whatever, but the cartoon names are just stupid

TrueBlue07
01-06-2012, 07:48 PM
glad to see that pretty much everyone is in agreement on this nickname. Let the guy win something before they decide how good he is. I felt like the media decided that he and Flacco were going to be good right out of the draft and until either guy gives them a reason not to (which Flacco has done) they will continue heaping praise on him.

As for Francesa using the nickname he was even worse, he was calling him MATT ICE. Like the guys actual last name is "Ice". lol

GiantFanatic55
01-06-2012, 08:04 PM

It's a spin off of Natty Ice, the beer

CTLadyBlue
01-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Flacco's one guy I WISH they'd give a nickname too. Everytime I hear his name I think of a cross between 'flaccid' and 'flatulance'

Or maybe that's just me channeling my innter 12 year old

JJC7301
01-06-2012, 10:33 PM

He's a good QB. Their 2 playoff loses were against better teams (Cards and GB).

Eli was 0-2 in the playoffs before '07. Ryan will get his playoff wins, but I just hope that it does not start this year.

pezman1963
01-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Yes very cheap beer ......

TrueBlue07
01-06-2012, 10:41 PM

Eli was 0-2 in the playoffs before '07. Ryan will get his playoff wins, but I just hope that it does not start this year.

Whether he is a good QB or not is not the issue though. He was given this nickname from as early back as I can remember, and he hasn't won anything (yet) to deserve it. He also threw a crucial pick 6 last year against GB, wasn't very ice-esque....but I'm sure it made at least a few ATL fans drink a natty ice, lol

SoCalFalcon
01-06-2012, 10:42 PM

This.

The guy got the nickname in high school. It's just stuck with him. I can't say that I like it much, but it is what it is.

GCGiant
01-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Here's the best way to look at it. If you are talking about a QB, and you just say "Matt"...nobody is gonna know who you are talking about. However, if you just say "Eli", everybody on the planet is gonna know who you are talking about.