PDA

View Full Version : Falcons boards say they are terrible on Screens

miked1958
01-06-2012, 10:22 PM
They were saying they can't run them on offense cause something bad always happens when they try. And they can't defend them. Teams get huge chunks of yards on them using screens. GB And Saints had a field day on them.

But another poster chimed in and said they have nothing to worry about as the ny giants are terrible on screen passes. LOL...
I can see AB, Ware and Hynoski now killing them on screens. And I can picture Cruz takin a screen and seconds later doing the Salsa.

They did say that they should not try it themselves as gmen D usually blows up screens for losses

giantsfan39
01-06-2012, 10:25 PM
They were saying they can't run them on offense cause something bad always happens when they try. And they can't defend them. Teams get huge chunks of yards on them using screens. GB And Saints had a field day on them.

But another poster chimed in and said they have nothing to worry about as the ny giants are terrible on screen passes. LOL...
I can see AB, Ware and Hynoski now killing them on screens. And I can picture Cruz takin a screen and seconds later doing the Salsa.

They did say that they should not try it themselves as gmen D usually blows up screens for losses

I think we will see Manningham take a WR screen to the house.

And we are decent on screens this year.

buddy33
01-06-2012, 10:27 PM
To bad the Giants are not a big screen team.

ny06
01-06-2012, 10:35 PM
To bad the Giants are not a big screen team.</P>

That depends on what kind of screen play you're talking about. </P>

The Giants run the bubble screen every so often, Nicks and Manningham run it exceptionally well. </P>

</P>

</P>

miked1958
01-06-2012, 10:35 PM
They all pretty much love Cruz's salsa dance. Lol. Said its the hottest endzone celebration of 2011. However they all really hope they don't have to see it Sunday. Lol. Also they thought it was funny that NBC had sound bite ready when he scored. I didn't think that was NBC doing it, I figured it was someone associated with the giants and MetLife Stadium that was responsible for it.

miked1958
01-06-2012, 10:36 PM
To bad the Giants are not a big screen team.
Yep.i am thinking TC will have them exploit that.

miked1958
01-06-2012, 10:45 PM
They also refer to a NYPost Piece that said Tony G really wanted to and still wished is was a NY Giant? Anybody here about this?

They were saying if he really wanted to go he could sign a one year deal for 7m

BallinNY
01-06-2012, 10:46 PM

Well it makes sense that they are not. They have linebackers that are small, fast, and although they are typically very good at making stops, they sometimes overrun the play. Another thing is that they do not shed blocks very well, so free OLmen running downhill to cut you or pick you out of a play can be killers for smaller and less powerful LBers.

Secondly, Dunta and Grimes are smaller CBs, so setting the edge on the sideline to keep the screen inside. Their safeties are actually pretty good, but younger and less experienced.

Overall I can see this being a problem, but as stated above, the giants aren't really a good screen team. There are reasons, and one is predictability. There are many times when you can just visualize it especially because of down and distance. If we were less predictable like in the superbowl (bradshaw had a screen that went for good yardage), maybe we woudlnt be so bad. It's not our skill positions that are the problem, maybe it is our OL and OC?

miked1958
01-06-2012, 10:52 PM
They also said in bold black letters if anyone noticed the injury to webster in practice. Said he hurt his hamstring. They said without Corey they can't cover us.

Have not heard any news concerning corey

BallinNY
01-06-2012, 11:10 PM
They also said in bold black letters if anyone noticed the injury to webster in practice. Said he hurt his hamstring. They said without Corey they can't cover us.

Have not heard any news concerning corey

http://www.giants.com/team/injury-report.html

I think Corey is good, it was probably just precautionary. If we didn't have him, yes that fan is mostly right. It would be a lot more difficult.

G-Men Surg.
01-06-2012, 11:56 PM

Its hard to think that the Falcons are terrible defending the screen pass taking in count the speed they have in their LBs and practically all can play 3 downs. Maybe injuries are taking a toll on them but I do see the Giants pushing them deep and continue the success they had under need this past week end. I will love if Big Blue comes out establishing the run with conviction, if they do then all will fall in place.

allentown PA
01-07-2012, 12:17 AM
we havent had a good screen game to a back since d.ward

DragonSoul
01-07-2012, 01:16 AM
tradition screens we are good at, but wr screens we nearly always suck @ them. At best we get 7-10 yards, on average about 3, and at a good clip around 0 yards when we go to a wr.

Cruz might be the best option for it based on his ability to make ppl miss & then turn up field for a possible big gain.

shotcalla39
01-07-2012, 01:31 AM
If u look at Turners receiving stats in his career its blatantly obvios he can't do screens... That's why I never pick him in fantasy