PDA

View Full Version : Loudest, most electric the giants crowd has ever been in your opinion

allentown PA
01-07-2012, 01:40 AM
imo 2000 nfc champ

BornLegend
01-07-2012, 01:45 AM
imo 2000 nfc champI agree. LT energized our D that day and they played like a bunch of wild dogs. It's crazy how Collins would be on fire sometimes, picking teams apart with ease and then disappears the following week... but when he was on, he was ON!

YATittle1962
01-07-2012, 01:46 AM
1986 NFC Championship

never experienced anything like it before or since and any event let alone a sporting even

there was something in the air that night

more tears than debris in the air

G-Men Surg.
01-07-2012, 01:49 AM
1986 NFC Championship

never experienced anything like it before or since and any event let alone a sporting even

This !

allentown PA
01-07-2012, 01:49 AM
1986 NFC Championship

how about for a regular season game..imo the 2002 season finale against philly.

BornLegend
01-07-2012, 01:51 AM
1986 NFC Championship

more tears than debris in the airI was 9 years old and wasn't into football yet. I can just imagine though... I need to buy some old DVDs.

miked1958
01-07-2012, 01:52 AM
This Sunday at 1pm hopefully

allentown PA
01-07-2012, 01:53 AM
1986 NFC Championship

more tears than debris in the airI was 9 years old and wasn't into football yet. I can just imagine though... I need to buy some old DVDs.

i was 5 and will always remember that day for many reasons...i love watching it on vhs..love the intro...love the first 3 and out on defense in that game.

BornLegend
01-07-2012, 01:54 AM
I remember the crowd going crazy in a regular season game against the Chiefs in '98. Elvis Gorbach(or however you spelled his name) threw a pick to Armstead right in the numbers.

allentown PA
01-07-2012, 01:59 AM

crowd was great for the dallas game..nbc didnt show the crowd much though and the seats are further back now so u didnt get to see the towel waving.

YATittle1962
01-07-2012, 02:03 AM
1986 NFC Championship

Ive watched the DVD many times....and get choked up every time

Im not really even a sappy dude......that was just a very special time

....and the footage actually does capture some of that electricity that was running through every person in the building that night

that victory to me was almost sweeter than the one that followed

BornLegend
01-07-2012, 02:05 AM
1986 NFC Championship

....and the footage actually does capture some of that electricity that was running through every person in the building that night

that victory to me was almost sweeter than the one that followedI get goosebumps and a lil teary eyed(don't tell nobody lol) when I watch those old highlights myself.

SweetZombieJesus
01-07-2012, 10:30 AM
imo 2000 nfc champ

Agreed but people will say the 1986 NFC CG tops it.

SweetZombieJesus
01-07-2012, 10:31 AM
imo 2000 nfc champI agree. LT energized our D that day and they played like a bunch of wild dogs. It's crazy how Collins would be on fire sometimes, picking teams apart with ease and then disappears the following week... but when he was on, he was ON!

LT retired in 1993.

GameTime
01-07-2012, 10:33 AM

LT retired in 1993.
</P>

think he was at the game though.....thats what he meant</P>

lawl
01-07-2012, 10:34 AM
1986 NFC Championship

how about for a regular season game..imo the 2002 season finale against philly.

That was the only game I ever went to in giants stadium(2002)

benched
01-07-2012, 10:48 AM
1986 NFC Championship

BornLegend
01-07-2012, 12:40 PM

LT retired in 1993.
</P>

think he was at the game though.....thats what he meant</P>Thank you GT. Didn't know I had to put that in writing.

CTLadyBlue
01-07-2012, 01:00 PM

THIS!

Although, I must agree with the 2000 championship game. After we got up fourteen points in less than two minutes before the Vikings ever touched the ball the crowd was insane with towels flying everywhere. And seeing LT pacing the sidelines clapping and looking over at the D sitting on the bench like some proud papa was just great to see

GMENAGAIN
01-07-2012, 01:14 PM
1986 NFC Championship

It's hard to imagine now, but at that time the idea of our Giants being in the Super Bowl was almost incomprehensible . . . . what a great time . . .

keyofgmen
01-07-2012, 02:01 PM
1986 NFC Championship

There is no question. That was the game of a lifetime. MAGIC does not even describe that night.
I have a photo of my car in parking lot. Was the 1st one there. My brother and I got there ~9AM. We were in lot and security (not much back then) came and made us leave lot and get 1st in line at the pay booth ($5 back then) to park.
The image and feel of the confetti filled wind will always be with me. Hugging total strangers like they were brothers. Heck, I may have hugged YA! LOL!!

RobCarpenter
01-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Video from the 1986 NFC Championship Game final minutes:</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kn8b4l6T3Q&amp;feature=related</P>

YATittle1962
01-07-2012, 02:59 PM
1986 NFC Championship

It's hard to imagine now, but at that time the idea of our Giants being in the Super Bowl was almost incomprehensible . . . . what a great time . . .

oh absolutely

I remember feeling like we would never get there

that night was unbelievable.......the crowd stayed in the stadium long after the game was over and just screamed cried and hugged each other.......

older guys from the 50s seeing their team finally return to greatness......and younger guys and girls who knew nothing but losing all became a family in that building that evening

....and hey key...you very well may have hugged me that night.......I squeezed perfect strangers like they were long lost friends multiple times that night

YATittle1962
01-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Video from the 1986 NFC Championship Game final minutes:*</P>

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kn8b4l6T3Q&feature=related</P>

WOW!!!! that footage just gave me chills

exactly how I remember it

Burt was in the stands a section over to my left

SweetZombieJesus
01-07-2012, 03:10 PM

LT retired in 1993.
</p>

think he was at the game though.....thats what he meant</p>Thank you GT. Didn't know I had to put that in writing.

Sorry, thought maybe you had a hangover or something lol

NYSPORTS
01-07-2012, 04:00 PM
imo 2000 nfc champ

Was not at the 1986 Championship yet understand it was loud. I'm guessing the feeling was of anticipation which was much different than 2000. In 2000, the roar and support was out of fear as the Giants were severe underdogs.

I was at the 2000 Championship and, not sure if it was the speakers or what, but the pitch when the Giants came out of the tunnel was loudest I've ever heard.

The 5 minutes after kickoff may have been the most exciting annihilation in Giants history
1. pass to toomer
2. pass to toomer
3. run to tiki
4. TD Hilliard
5. fumble recovered on kickoff (and a brawl in that pile)
6. TD to Commela

It was nuts

BlueJayC
01-07-2012, 06:16 PM

Great vid was gonna post the link until I saw yours.......the guys with the Champagne tells you what they used to let you do at the old place.....until the JETS f***ed it up for everyone.....

Loudest game I've personally been to (and been to many) was the 1998 Bronco game.....nothing to play for other than ruining Denver's perfect record.....place was bonkers in the 4th quarter.....was sitting in the endzone Toomer caught the pass in......jumped up and forward and landed on five people three rows in front of us.....no one cared because everyone was celebrating.

GMENAGAIN
01-07-2012, 06:44 PM
1986 NFC Championship

oh absolutely

I remember feeling like we would never get there

that night was unbelievable.......the crowd stayed in the stadium long after the game was over and just screamed cried and hugged each other.......

older guys from the 50s seeing their team finally return to greatness......and younger guys and girls who knew nothing but losing all became a family in that building that evening

....and hey key...you very well may have hugged me that night.......I squeezed perfect strangers like they were long lost friends multiple times that night

ha ha . . . . could be my friend. That was a great night.

The only time that I ever hugged more people that I didn't know was at Game 6 of the 1986 WS . . . . . yes I am a Mets fan . . . . 1986/87 was a good time for me . . . .

BornLegend
01-07-2012, 06:44 PM
imo 2000 nfc champ

Was not at the 1986 Championship yet understand it was loud. I'm guessing the feeling was of anticipation which was much different than 2000. In 2000, the roar and support was out of fear as the Giants were severe underdogs.

I was at the 2000 Championship and, not sure if it was the speakers or what, but the pitch when the Giants came out of the tunnel was loudest I've ever heard.

The 5 minutes after kickoff may have been the most exciting annihilation in Giants history
1. pass to toomer
2. pass to toomer
3. run to tiki
4. TD Hilliard
5. fumble recovered on kickoff (and a brawl in that pile)
6. TD to Commela

It was nutsOne of the best performances on both sides of the ball against a tough opponent since I've been a fan.

jomo
01-07-2012, 06:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kn8b4l6T3Q&amp;feature=related</P> WOW!!!! that footage just gave me chills exactly how I remember it Burt was in the stands a section over to my leftLet's Go Giants!

GMENAGAIN
01-07-2012, 07:30 PM

Wow . . . . that actually brought tears to my eyes. A night that I'll never forget.

Thanks!

b_ELI_eve
01-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Only game I have been to was against the Panthers in 2008 for the #1 seed. Sunday night game, single digits, went to OT and the crowd was going crazy the whole game. Obviously I am biased, but I was blown away by how loud it was.

RobCarpenter
01-07-2012, 09:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kn8b4l6T3Q&amp;feature=related</P>

Wow . . . . that actually brought tears to my eyes. A night that I'll never forget. Thanks!</P>

That was a great night. For those of us thatwere fans in the 60's and 70's and lived through that 18 year playoff drought, that game...and that seasondelivered us tofootball's promised land after spending all those years wandering in the desert. </P>

giantfanatic
01-07-2012, 09:40 PM
2000 Diisional against Eagles when Dixon returned the opening kickoff and Sehorn made that miracle interception. They waved the white towels that day.

Voldamort
01-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Yes yes the crowd was loud that day!!! 41-0 Randy Moss andChris Carter quit on the Vikings that day!!! John Fox and Sean Peyton had great game plans that day!!!

greenca190
01-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Video from the 1986 NFC Championship Game final minutes:</p>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kn8b4l6T3Q&amp;feature=related</p>

Wow . . . . that actually brought tears to my eyes. A night that I'll never forget.

Thanks!

Holy crap. I don't think any of that can legally happen in the NFL, or any major sport league, today.

I was born in '88, what happened to Schroeder during the game? He looked crippled.

myles2424
01-08-2012, 02:34 AM
imo 2000 nfc champ %100

GMENAGAIN
01-08-2012, 09:07 AM
Video from the 1986 NFC Championship Game final minutes:*</p>

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kn8b4l6T3Q&feature=related</p>

Thanks!

Holy crap. I don't think any of that can legally happen in the NFL, or any major sport league, today.

I was born in '88, what happened to Schroeder during the game? He looked crippled.

That's the thing that I didn't remember -- Schroeder having some issue at the end of the game. It was probably because I was at the game and didn't even realize that that was happening . . . . .