PDA

View Full Version : Couglin can go and bring in COwher or Spagnolo

JIMBURT86
01-07-2012, 01:04 AM
I am a big Coughlin fan and a HUGE GIANTS Fan. but I have to say that the Giants got come lucky breaks this year and yes, they have had injuries, but I think that lack of coaching and rrespect from players just isnt there. OSI and Jacobs, both can go ! I am not impressed with eother of them. If they can get the offensive line rebuilt and tweak the secondary, we might have a super bowl next yr or the following. Eli has impressed and so has cruz and bradshaw. I would take Bradshaw anyday and on SUnday over Jacobs and his BS. Coughlin looks tired of it and I think his record speaks for itself, bring in Cowher and get the Defense rocking and the offensive line protecting eli and We will be right back in the thick of things. Not bashing Tom here, just saying that they need a motivator and I think he is starting to lose that ability.

VBGiantsFan
01-07-2012, 01:10 AM
I am a big Coughlin fan and a HUGE GIANTS Fan. but I have to say that the Giants got come lucky breaks this year and yes, they have had injuries, but I think that lack of coaching and rrespect from players just isnt there. OSI and Jacobs, both can go ! I am not impressed with eother of them. If they can get the offensive line rebuilt and tweak the secondary, we might have a super bowl next yr or the following. Eli has impressed and so has cruz and bradshaw. I would take Bradshaw anyday and on SUnday over Jacobs and his BS. Coughlin looks tired of it and I think his record speaks for itself, bring in Cowher and get the Defense rocking and the offensive line protecting eli and We will be right back in the thick of things. Not bashing Tom here, just saying that they need a motivator and I think he is starting to lose that ability.

-We won the NFC East
-Players (like Rolle) are coming out and saying they are playing for Coughlin
-We beat the Jets
-We beat the Cowboys twice
-Whatever deficiency we had in our running game we made up ten fold in our passing game.
-Our special teams improved immensely
-We had the hardest schedule in football and one of the hardest ever
-Our defensive line is the defense, doesn't matter who the coordinator is

Coughlin did a fantastic job this year. There were so many times I thought the team was done, and all was lost. He kept his team believing, even when the fans quit on them.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-07-2012, 01:42 AM
by "right back in the thick of things" do you mean NFC East Champs hosting a playoff game at home?

NYG4lifeNYK
01-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Do yourself a favor & think before your next post.

We should be so lucky to have as good a HC as Coughlin once he retires.

Cowher.. no thanks.

You're not impressed with Osi? OK.. 9 sacks in 9 games yea he sucks, what a bum. Who needs production? Yuck!

Jacobs bs? What bs are you referring to? Jacobs is a true Giant he loves this TEAM, he is this TEAM.

Tom is losing the team again? This topic AGAIN?

Are you aware we have a playoff game this Sunday? [:|]

AllDayEli10
01-07-2012, 02:15 AM
Blah blah blah shut up!!!! Go jump in traffic!!!

amdownwitjpp
01-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Osi's contract issues I am sick of but beside that dude u bumped your f'in head Jacobs fires this team up ok he fumbled last week,didnt Bradshaw lead the NFL in that catagory 2010 if not real close you sound like one of them if you dont win the SB who cares type,let me tell you I love Giants ball and any game we win to me feels great,we r in the thick of things DUMMY

miked1958
01-07-2012, 03:01 AM
He needs to realize we beat Atlanta and we most likely are headed to GB to set things straight.

There's a Sig or Pic on here that has Eli holding a Heart and the caption goes something like...

Tell them I'm coming, and I am bringing Hell with me...

Eli and the giants, ripping the hearts out of opposing teams Fan Base one 4th Quarter at a time.!!!

Trust me the Packers don't want to see us.. Anyone but us.. They are routing for the falcons, you can bet on that.

Give us one or or dominate win under our belts and we won't need a plane to fly to GB

Firenugget
01-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Wow you managed to get all that nonsense in a single paragraph? Kudos.

FBomb
01-07-2012, 11:17 AM
I am a big Coughlin fan and a HUGE GIANTS Fan. but I have to say that the Giants got come lucky breaks this year and yes, they have had injuries, but I think that lack of coaching and rrespect from players just isnt there. OSI and Jacobs, both can go ! I am not impressed with eother of them. If they can get the offensive line rebuilt and tweak the secondary, we might have a super bowl next yr or the following. Eli has impressed and so has cruz and bradshaw. I would take Bradshaw anyday and on SUnday over Jacobs and his BS. Coughlin looks tired of it and I think his record speaks for itself, bring in Cowher and get the Defense rocking and the offensive line protecting eli and We will be right back in the thick of things. Not bashing Tom here, just saying that they need a motivator and I think he is starting to lose that ability.</P>

Well, I'm NOT a big Coughlin fan and I love the thought of Cowher and Spags......but we are IN the playoffs with this staff and these players. Let's back off a little and see if we can win a home playoff game......if we win this is all moot.....no one goes anywhere (except maybe Osi) and we move on to the next game......if we lay an egg then let all hell break loose.</P>

bklyn1028
01-07-2012, 11:30 AM
This is what absolutely positively confounds me. Here we are, players are saying they are playing for the (Tom C) coach, and this moron comes in and says to get rid of Coughlin and bring in Cowher. READ COWHER'S STATS BEFORE YOU MAKE A STATEMENT. He won one, (1), [uno], ein, superbowl, and that took him what 4 or so years to do it. PULLLEEEZZZEEE. We're in the playoffs, and only a great Head Coach could have done it with all the injuries he had to face, and NO off season free agency acquisitions. Go post over to Cowher's twitter account and kiss his tush there, not here.

TroyArcher
01-07-2012, 12:10 PM
I was a big Jim Burt fan until he turned into a cheap shot 49er. Your timing is bad as Coughlin has the team peaking at the right time. By the way how many years did it take Cowher to win his 1st SB?

brad
01-07-2012, 12:12 PM

Considering they are in the playoffs, we could probably wait to have this discussion until their season is over. Besides... who says Cowher wants to come back to coaching? I have heard his name a lot but have yet to hear him going on any interviews. If that option is gone, who do you bring in then?

Sintim97
01-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Do yourself a favor &amp; think before your next post.

Cowher.. no thanks.

You're not impressed with Osi? OK.. 9 sacks in 9 games yea he sucks, what a bum. Who needs production? Yuck!

Jacobs bs? What bs are you referring to? Jacobs is a true Giant he loves this TEAM, he is this TEAM.

coughlin IS NOT good! jesus christ almighty. if we wouldve been 1 game short of the playoffs, youd be saying how he sucks. he ISNT good. we've caught so many breaks and we're lucky that the eagles are a total choke job and the cowboys are possibly more inconsistent than us. he inherits a very talented team that is on this streak where WE'RE CLEARLY MOTIVATING ourselves. good coaches dont allow their teams to lay eggs such as BOTH redskin games, seahawks game, eagles game with vince young, and the saints game. he's too old and the players need a new voice. enough of the same old garbage we need a damn change. id bet money we'll hardly make any noise in the playoffs. 6 out of his 7 years of coaching us = ZERO PLAYOFF WINS. we start hot and finish cold most of those years. get a clue and get off coughlins sack

in the end, they wont get rid of any of these coaches but i can still rant

jakegibbs
01-07-2012, 12:43 PM

Do you think if TC gets this team back in the SB this year he should at least get 1 more year extension on his contract or not?

From expressing your feelings about him the way you have I guess he would only deserve a 1 year extension only if he wins the SB this year right?

East Coast Bias
01-07-2012, 12:46 PM
I may be wrong but I believe it took Cowher 14 years to win a superbowl and then he retired

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-07-2012, 12:57 PM

Cowher.. no thanks.

coughlin IS NOT good! jesus christ almighty. if we wouldve been 1 game short of the playoffs, youd be saying how he sucks. he ISNT good. we've caught so many breaks and we're lucky that the eagles are a total choke job and the cowboys are possibly more inconsistent than us. he inherits a very talented team that is on this streak where WE'RE CLEARLY MOTIVATING ourselves. good coaches dont allow their teams to lay eggs such as BOTH redskin games, seahawks game, eagles game with vince young, and the saints game. he's too old and the players need a new voice. enough of the same old garbage we need a damn change. id bet money we'll hardly make any noise in the playoffs. 6 out of his 7 years of coaching us = ZERO PLAYOFF WINS. we start hot and finish cold most of those years. get a clue and get off coughlins sack

"Clearly motivating ourselves".
Please give me a second. Okay, lets go.

"Clearly". I use clearly in situations like this.
a) It's clearly going to snow

b) It's clearly raining because there are large drops of water coming from the sky.

c) That man is clearly a ****** bag with all that Ed Hardy merchandise he is wearing.

"WE'RE CLEARLY MOTIVATING OURSELVES."

Not so. Clearly is to have absolutely no doubt. Where in the world did you get the idea that the players, which include Rolle, who previously admitted Coughlin is tough to play for, are motivating themselves?

Antrel Rolle went on record says that the team is playing for Coughlin right now, but I guess that doesn't hold weight bc he's an actual player and you're some ridiculous fan who doesn't know ANYTHING about coaching a professional football team, but clearly is insisting that he does.

Justin Tuck during his absolute worst slump of his career got pulled aside by Coughlin right before the Jets game. Coughlin asked him about his health and personal life because he was worried about him. Tuck said he needed that talk. Since that talk with Tom Coughlin, the old Tuck has returned, but I guess that doesn't hold weight bc he's an actual player and you're some ridiculous fan who doesn't know ANYTHING about coaching a professional football team, but clearly is insisting that he does.

And this general statement of "good coaches dont allow their teams to lay eggs".

Tell that to Sean Payton when his high powered saints got absolutely demolished by the worst team in the NFL. Or Mike McCarthy when his undefeated super bowl champion Packers lost to the bottom feeding Chiefs, but I guess they aren't considered good coaches right? Because we all know good coaches wouldn't allow that to happen.

All of this coming from the guy who is willing to bet money against his own team's failures. That's some good stuff right there.

yoeddy
01-07-2012, 01:16 PM

Cowher.. no thanks.

We caught so many breaks...huge IR and injury list, toughest second-half schedule in the league...what else?

CLR
01-07-2012, 01:30 PM
I like Tom. He can stay until he decides he is done as far as I am concerned.
He is a great coach.
Now if you want to talk about some assistants, that is a different conversation.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-07-2012, 01:35 PM

Cowher.. no thanks.

We caught so many breaks...huge IR and injury list, toughest second-half schedule in the league...what else?

Tell me about it.

Gav_devils#56
01-07-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't understand all the love for spags as an head coach. He was terrible with the rams. I'm not just talking record as the rams team isn't as good as ours, he chickens out of vital calls and seems to be managing the margin of defeat rather than going for the win. Punting in the maroon zone, kicking field goals when they needed tds, not going for it on 4th and 1 and challenging his players to win. He was good here as w dc, don't want him as an hc

giantsforce
01-07-2012, 02:09 PM

Do you think if TC gets this team back in the SB this year he should at least get 1 more year extension on his contract or not?

From expressing your feelings about him the way you have I guess he would only deserve a 1 year extension only if he wins the SB this year right?All I have to say is this: Lets wait and see if we can manage the 1st playoff win in our house in 11 years and then we can talk about Coughlin and his "genius" football IQ. There is no point of discussing who goes and who comes before we go "one and done" again.

giantsforce
01-07-2012, 02:11 PM
I like Tom.* He can stay until he decides he is done as far as I am concerned.
He is a great coach.
Now if you want to talk about some assistants, that is a different conversation.
A great leader is defined by the people surrounding him/her. With the exception of Spags, Coughlin has surrounded himself with garbage.

BigBlue2010
01-07-2012, 02:14 PM

Cowher.. no thanks.

b) It's clearly raining because there are large drops of water coming from the sky.

c) That man is clearly a ****** bag with all that Ed Hardy merchandise he is wearing.

Not so. Clearly is to have absolutely no doubt. Where in the world did you get the idea that the players, which include Rolle, who previously admitted Coughlin is tough to play for, are motivating themselves?

Antrel Rolle went on record says that the team is playing for Coughlin right now, but I guess that doesn't hold weight bc he's an actual player and you're some ridiculous fan who doesn't know ANYTHING about coaching a professional football team, but clearly is insisting that he does.

Justin Tuck during his absolute worst slump of his career got pulled aside by Coughlin right before the Jets game. Coughlin asked him about his health and personal life because he was worried about him. Tuck said he needed that talk. Since that talk with Tom Coughlin, the old Tuck has returned, but I guess that doesn't hold weight bc he's an actual player and you're some ridiculous fan who doesn't know ANYTHING about coaching a professional football team, but clearly is insisting that he does.

And this general statement of "good coaches dont allow their teams to lay eggs".

Tell that to Sean Payton when his high powered saints got absolutely demolished by the worst team in the NFL. Or Mike McCarthy when his undefeated super bowl champion Packers lost to the bottom feeding Chiefs, but I guess they aren't considered good coaches right? Because we all know good coaches wouldn't allow that to happen.

All of this coming from the guy who is willing to bet money against his own team's failures. That's some good stuff right there.

I'm happy for all the fans that forgot the feeling of a month ago.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-07-2012, 02:23 PM

Cowher.. no thanks.

I'm happy for all the fans that forgot the feeling of a month ago.
No I didnt forget it, but I'm not going to dwell on that. Am I suppose to live in the past? That's not my style especially since we just won the division. Don't know if you are being condescending or not.

trueblue1964
01-07-2012, 02:34 PM
You've got to be kidding right?

Considering what some people expected out of this team (I myself was ready for a miserable 6-10 season) Not only should Coughlin stay, he should be considered for coach of the year.

BigBlue2010
01-07-2012, 02:40 PM
No I didnt forget it, but I'm not going to dwell on that. Am I suppose to live in the past? That's not my style especially since we just won the division. Don't know if you are being condescending or not.

I don't know, i guess maybe i am. Didn't you post "Caughlin is gone and he knows it"? Want to "clean house?" And now you are a vocal defender?

yoeddy
01-07-2012, 02:48 PM
I like Tom.* He can stay until he decides he is done as far as I am concerned.
He is a great coach.
A great leader is defined by the people surrounding him/her. With the exception of Spags, Coughlin has surrounded himself with garbage.

And yet he's the only Giants coach in the history of the team that can say his only losing season as head coach was his first...an achievement made even more impressive considering he is tied with Parcells for the 2nd longest tenure as head coach in team history as well. And apparently he's been able to do this with garbage surrounding him...

NYSPORTS
01-07-2012, 02:55 PM
Think his 4th post will be better than his 3rd? Wouldn't bet on it.

Redeyejedi
01-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Unless Cowher is bringing Lebeau , No

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-07-2012, 03:05 PM

I don't know, i guess maybe i am. Didn't you post "Caughlin is gone and he knows it"? Want to "clean house?" And now you are a vocal defender?

It was after the saints game. I said something to the likes of "i love the guy, but i cant see this lasting any longer" it was actually based more on the defense and them playing with no heart. I called out perry fewell more then coughlin. Never have I EVER said tom coughlin wasn't a good coach.

There's a big difference, when you say that coughlin isn't a good coach and that he is lucky. Or that the players aren't listening to him anymore. I could request any coaching change, but you find me a post where I EVER stated that Tom Coughlin was a bad coach.

plc
01-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Thank you Big Blue.Thank you again.TC you have done your job just beating the j-e-s-t-o-r-s.Then going on to beat the cowboys.Everything is a plus to me now.I am so happy for this organization.Go Big Blue

NYG4lifeNYK
01-08-2012, 03:28 AM
Think his 4th post will be better than his 3rd? Wouldn't bet on it.

lol

stormblue
01-08-2012, 03:51 AM
"toughest second-half schedule in the league...what else?"

actually , out of the last 8 games of the season only 3 games were played against playoff teams

we lost all 3 of those games , and only went a lousy 3 and 5 during the last 8 games.

Trophy or not , i still don't want him back.

but i would rather keep him than get stuck with
an overrated dork like Bill Cowher.

redbeardxxv
01-08-2012, 06:20 AM

Cowher.. no thanks.

yeah, this.

nhpgiantsfan
01-08-2012, 07:03 AM
It amazes me that there are Giant "fans" on here that are starting threads calling for new coaching on the eve of a home playoff game. Why wouldn't you guys wait and see how the playoffs turn out. As a Giants fan don't you think we/you owe it to a coach who got us a championship 4 years ago to at least give him the chance to to show you what he can do in the playoffs this year before you start asking for his head. I mean with all of Eli's success this year the only thing you will have to whine about on these boards for the entire off season is the coaching.

P.S. For all you Cowher/Gruden lovers out there:
How many NFL head coaches have won a SB with two different teams? That would be 000000000.

GMENAGAIN
01-08-2012, 08:03 AM
"toughest second-half schedule in the league...what else?"

actually , out of the last 8 games of the season only 3 games were played against playoff teams

we lost all 3 of those games , and only went a lousy 3 and 5 during the last 8 games.

Trophy or not , i still don't want him back.

but i would rather keep him than get stuck with
an overrated dork like Bill Cowher.

Well why don't you tell us what coach you would like to replace TC with??

"Dork"??? What are you 8 years old?

egyptian420
01-08-2012, 08:07 AM
It amazes me that there are Giant "fans" on here that are starting threads calling for new coaching on the eve of a home playoff game. Why wouldn't you guys wait and see how the playoffs turn out. As a Giants fan don't you think we/you owe it to a coach who got us a championship 4 years ago to at least give him the chance to to show you what he can do in the playoffs this year before you start asking for his head. I mean with all of Eli's success this year the only thing you will have to whine about on these boards for the entire off season is the coaching.

P.S. For all you Cowher/Gruden lovers out there:
How many NFL head coaches have won a SB with two different teams? That would be 000000000.
+1

Giantsin04
01-08-2012, 11:28 AM
I can't believe how many responses this troll got.

Guys, you don't need to defend TC to people like this. 99% of people who actually follow football and know TC agree that he is a fantastic coach. There is always going to be the 1%ers that are either morons, or just stupid.

When was the last time the giants were not in contention? That would be... Before TC got here.

GMENAGAIN
01-08-2012, 04:39 PM
I can't believe how many responses this troll got.

Guys, you don't need to defend TC to people like this. 99% of people who actually follow football and know TC agree that he is a fantastic coach. There is always going to be the 1%ers that are either morons, or just stupid.

When was the last time the giants were not in contention? That would be... Before TC got here.

Seemed like a lot more than 1% on this board recently . . . .