PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure you Giants fans don't take ownership to this guy as your sports columnist, right?

Gonzalez
01-07-2012, 03:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7429623/the-city-atlanta-worst-sports-town-america

This guy is a complete idiot, and I feel bad that he writes for your team. I have a lot of friends from NY, who are fans of the Giants, and even they thought this article, and the guy who wrote it, was a complete idiot. Nothing in this article was valid, but would any of you(Giants fans) agree with him?

dave56dj
01-07-2012, 03:32 AM
Umm he does not write for our TEAM - he writes for a national sports organization called ESPN. And it is a well known fact that Atlanta fans have had trouble selling out games in their own arenas - even playoff games - so whats the problem - you're blaming Giant fans for an ESPN article? Do we agree - we dont really care - are there die hard atalanta fans - yep - But the proof is in the pudding and Atlanta fans - maybe more so the brave fans have proven to not show up.

Gonzalez
01-07-2012, 03:34 AM
I'm not blaming you. I just thought you should know that this is the kind of person supporting you and your team.

Also, the Falcons have had a higher ticket sale percentage than the Giants(in a bigger city AND stadium), so if we don't show up to games what do Giants fans do?

The truth is in the numbers.

Gonzalez
01-07-2012, 03:38 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ycn-10801415

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-07-2012, 03:40 AM
I'm not blaming you. I just thought you should know that this is the kind of person supporting you and your team.

Also, the Falcons have had a higher ticket sale percentage than the Giants(in a bigger city AND stadium), so if we don't show up to games what do Giants fans do?

truth is, we are not going to care about you and you aren't going to care about us after this sunday.

miked1958
01-07-2012, 03:42 AM

This

truth is, we are not going to care about you and you aren't going to care about us after this sunday.

dave56dj
01-07-2012, 03:48 AM
HE WRITES FOR ESPN and ESPNY - that is not affiliated with the Gmen at all. Not sure why we would care - again atlanta fans have a bad rep - perhaps its more braves fans (who never sell out the stadium) and hawks fans.

BlueSanta
01-07-2012, 04:22 AM
a couple things:

1) As many have stated this is some idiot at ESPN trying to push your buttons, and you bit.

2) Atlanta Falcons attendence is not bad at all this year. That guy should look at the stats (http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance). The Falcons actually have a higher % at home games than we do THIS YEAR. the difference is in bad years people still attend Giants games, not so much in Atlanta.

3) What you dont hear this guy mention is the correlation between warm weather climates like Atltana, Miami, San Diego, Arizona, Tampa, Jacksonville and the low attendence of their professional sports. its just a fact that when the weather is nice people have options. They can go to a football game, they can go to the beach, play an outdoor sport themselves, etc etc etc.

After college, I spent some time living outside ATL. Its a decent sports city. The Braves are definitly king tho.

Bigg Bluee
01-07-2012, 05:06 AM
OMG i'm so embarassed i'm BLUSHING

Troll

You think we give a **** about what he says?

Firenugget
01-07-2012, 05:13 AM
I lol'd.

bandwgn86
01-07-2012, 05:55 AM
The writers a jerk... They don't deserve to win? How does this even get allowed to print, it's awful.

This part really made me say wtf
"-- the Thrashers are now in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Winnipeg? How embarrassing."

Drez
01-07-2012, 07:31 AM
I'm not blaming you. I just thought you should know that this is the kind of person supporting you and your team. Also, the Falcons have had a higher ticket sale percentage than the Giants(in a bigger city AND stadium), so if we don't show up to games what do Giants fans do? The truth is in the numbers.</P>

He's not supporting us or our team. He's supporting the check he gets from a company in Bristol, CT.</P>

yoeddy
01-07-2012, 07:31 AM

New York is a big town...we have lots of different types of people supporting our team. Are you trying to say that every sports writer covering the Atlanta beat is mature, intelligent and knowledgeable? If so, that would be a major break thru as I don't think any other city in the nation could say that...

AJKilo
01-07-2012, 07:40 AM
You're pretty butthurt over something that has no relevance at all.

dan1552
01-07-2012, 08:33 AM

I can validate his claim that typical falcons fans don't track their team well regarding stats or game time with this. Yesterday (Friday) a die-hard falcons fan co-worker who knows I happen to bleed blue advised me that on Saturday the Matty ice was gonna take it to the Giants. I had to reply with an immediate challenge to his fan-hood by advising him of the proper game time being on SUNDAY. And that the only thing MATTY might bring the Giants might be room service.

Additionally this event took place in the state of GEORGIA.

TrueBlue07
01-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Im going to go out on a limb here and say this Gonzalez guy is also Gonzo88 who I believe was tossed off this MB yesterday. It's interesting that his thread was deleted, and now this guy pops up, with very few posts, with more of his annoying drivel.

What is the point of this thread?????????? To call NYG fans out on something a writer wrote??? This thread is even worse than your last one that got you tossed.

Atlanta is a HORRIBLE sports town for pro sports. The Braves would have thousands of empty seats for their playoff games. When the Hawks are good, no one shows up there either. But this Gonzalez (or Gonzo88, which ever you prefer) is starting to get a reputation for skewing facts towards his argument. If you dont like what NY writers are saying about your team down in ATL, DON'T READ THEM. Pretty simple.

And as Eli put it, come Sunday at 430 we won't care about you, and you won't care about us.

SweetZombieJesus
01-07-2012, 09:08 AM
To be honest I'm not even sure I've ever read anything by him before and he's sure not one of the regular beat reporters (Ohm Youngmisuk is EPSN's Giants beat reporter). He certainly doesn't "write for our team".

Kinda silly to delve into off the field trash talk IMO.

chasjay
01-07-2012, 09:18 AM
For a while, you Falcon fans took ownership of Michael Vick and Bobby Petrino. I'm a Giants fan living a lot further from NYC than Atlanta.

What was the point again?

MikeSherrard
01-07-2012, 09:24 AM
I've never heard of the writer in my life. And based on this meaningless, hollow, boring article I can see why.

To be totally honest I couldn't give a flying F how many people go to sporting events in Atlanta!

The Falcons look solid, should be a good ball game!

Redeyejedi
01-07-2012, 09:34 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7429623/the-city-atlanta-worst-sports-town-america

This guy is a complete idiot, and I feel bad that he writes for your team. I have a lot of friends from NY, who are fans of the Giants, and even they thought this article, and the guy who wrote it, was a complete idiot. Nothing in this article was valid, but would any of you(Giants fans) agree with him?Dont get why this is an ESPN NY piece at all

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-07-2012, 10:51 AM
He was on ESPN First Take yesterday and picked Atlanta to win the game. I think it was the same guy because he said something to the effect of "Atlanta will be surprised by that after the article I just wrote about Atlanta sports" He actually picked the Falcons to win by double digits.

FBomb
01-07-2012, 11:03 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7429623/the-city-atlanta-worst-sports-town-america This guy is a complete idiot, and I feel bad that he writes for your team. I have a lot of friends from NY, who are fans of the Giants, and even they thought this article, and the guy who wrote it, was a complete idiot. Nothing in this article was valid, but would any of you(Giants fans) agree with him?</P>

Speaking of idiots...</P>

This dope writerhas nothing to do with the Giants, and making that leap shows you're itching to start a fight or it's just simple idiocy.</P>

So, taking a page from YOUR line of reasoning, does this thread prove that ALL Falcons fans are simpletons?</P>

sharick88
01-07-2012, 11:05 AM

This guy is a complete idiot, and I feel bad that he writes for your team. I have a lot of friends from NY, who are fans of the Giants, and even they thought this article, and the guy who wrote it, was a complete idiot. Nothing in this article was valid, but would any of you(Giants fans) agree with him?

We don't bro! Rob Parker is a ****in moron that needs to be committed

TrueBlue07
01-07-2012, 11:07 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7429623/the-city-atlanta-worst-sports-town-america This guy is a complete idiot, and I feel bad that he writes for your team. I have a lot of friends from NY, who are fans of the Giants, and even they thought this article, and the guy who wrote it, was a complete idiot. Nothing in this article was valid, but would any of you(Giants fans) agree with him?</p>

Speaking of idiots...</p>

This dope writerhas nothing to do with the Giants, and making that leap shows you're itching to start a fight or it's just simple idiocy.</p>

So, taking a page from YOUR line of reasoning, does this thread prove that ALL Falcons fans are simpletons?</p>

BOOM! Roasted.

giantsfan39
01-07-2012, 01:47 PM
Atlanta is a loser city. Will never be as good as NY. Bet the loser OP knows this deep down.

The Falcons are a loser franchise. Do you even have a .500 overall record? No championships in addition. No special players. And the franchise that drafted Vick. Some of their loser fans are still Vick fans.

Easy-Duz-It
01-07-2012, 02:09 PM
why would you come here posting that article asking for support? do you want us to cry about it with you?

furthermore, what makes you think rob parker writes for the giants? haha. this article you posted is from espn and so is rob parker. actually i think he might also be a detroit writer, but i can't confirm that. either way, don't take it so personally. there is some validity to it.

p.s. rob parker picked your dirty birds to win the game.

hungrrrry
01-07-2012, 02:13 PM

The truth is in the numbers.All teams have idiots that own, coach, play or cheer for their teamn...that doesn't mean everyone who supports the team supports what an individual moron does regardless how loosely or tight it is to the team. Using your thought process here we should assume you and Atlanta fans supports dog-fighting and killing of dogs, correct?
Think before you post

Sarcasman
01-07-2012, 03:56 PM

Come back in 50 years when you have some meaningful numbers to support you.

Yes, Atlanta's % is higher this year. The GIants' has been for decades. When you get to those numbers, come on back and we can talk about it.

JJC7301
01-08-2012, 01:24 AM

Sure, I agree with it -- and your city's a dump. I hope we kick your team's lousy a** all the way back to that dump.

Why are you even bothering with this nonsense? Is this board-chatter going to pump up the Atlanta Falcons? Even if you beat the Giants, you're not going anywhere. You are as above-average as that above-average boring team that Reeves took to the playoffs in the '90s in one of the most boring SBs I've ever seen.

Your team is a jack-of-all trades, and master of none. You're team is boring and they will be, at best, a boring runner-up -- a footnote in the history of this year's SB, regardless of whether or not you beat the Giants.

Good luck and don't let the door hit your boring team's rear end on the way out of the Meadowlands.

JJC7301
01-08-2012, 01:26 AM

Come back in 50 years when you have some meaningful numbers to support you.

Yes, Atlanta's % is higher this year. The GIants' has been for decades. When you get to those numbers, come on back and we can talk about it.
We've got Giant fans all over the country, while Falcons fans stay local. Just enjoy your season and tomorrow's game.

This is like a fan of the Savannah Sand Gnats comparing his fan base / support to the Yankees. About the dumbest post I've ever seen from a fan from another team.

DragonSoul
01-08-2012, 01:55 AM
Atlanta fans are pretty fair weather/bandwagon fans.

How would I know this? Because I reside just outside atlanta. I have seen your stadium and lack of support, and lets not even talk about your fans on the radio.

I remember all the BS that was going on after you guys got Ryan. Many were crying for vick the dog killer, where i still see some so called atl fans wearing his jersey. And how people wouldn't support Ryan because he was no vick... Was pitiful.

So that was based on your ACTUAL FANS, not some writer from where ever, writing about a particular team.

JJC7301
01-08-2012, 02:03 AM

How would I know this? Because I reside just outside atlanta. I have seen your stadium and lack of support, and lets not even talk about your fans on the radio.

I remember all the BS that was going on after you guys got Ryan. Many were crying for vick the dog killer, where i still see some so called atl fans wearing his jersey. And how people wouldn't support Ryan because he was no vick... Was pitiful.

So that was based on your ACTUAL FANS, not some writer from where ever, writing about a particular team.
Sorry DragonSoul -- I didn't realize that you lived near Atlanta. I didn't mean it when I called it a "dump" -- I've been there and actually like it. Almost moved down there myself. I was just annoyed with the Falc fan who put this stupid posting up.

JJC7301
01-08-2012, 02:05 AM

Too funny -- Vick STUNK when he was with Atlanta.

Pakman
01-08-2012, 02:08 AM
**** the writer, **** the article, and big **** you to the Falcons.

Idc about the OP and his sensitive *** topic. **** the Falcons is all I have to say.

After tomorrow win or lose...I won't give two ****s about the Falcons.

DragonSoul
01-08-2012, 02:08 AM

Sorry DragonSoul -- I didn't realize that you lived near Atlanta. I didn't mean it when I called it a "dump" -- I've been there and actually like it. Almost moved down there myself. I was just annoyed with the Falc fan who put this stupid posting up.lol I am only down here for 1 more year or less.

Plus I don't live in ATL but a suburb of it lol. I actually just drove from Jersey this morning around 11am, and got in a couple hrs ago.

Wish I could have went too see the game at Giants stadium today, as it is about 40 minutes from my parents place.

NYGFaninILL
01-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Writer will often say things that are controversial things to get readers. I bet you $1000 there is a writer in Atlanta saying the same thing about NY.

The man is a jerk, plain and simple.

That is not the cross section of Giant fans, there are fans all over the world, as you will see on these boards alone.

DragonSoul
01-08-2012, 02:10 AM

Too funny -- Vick STUNK when he was with Atlanta.I said the would never win with him, and many didn't believe me. Then when the Eagles signed him, it was karma for that franchise and fan base. I knew they would be dumb enough to pay him another butt load of money and screw their franchise for the future, as he won't win it 4 them either nor will reid.