PDA

View Full Version : Deon Grant

egyptian420
01-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Great article on Deon Grant and the off the field wisdom he's offered to our team. Really makes you appreciate the guy. I love listening to his interviews as well, seems like a very positive and wise person who doesn't get caught up in silly stuff.
<a href="http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSESSIONID=DD2704B14E32BBC113EF.3203?site=n ewsday&amp;view=giants_item&amp;feed:a=newsday_5min&amp;feed:c =giants&amp;feed:i=1.3434696&amp;nopaging=1">
Link</a>

poppa smurph
01-07-2012, 09:54 AM
That's a team first mentality, knowing how to contribute more then just on the field.

miked1958
01-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Great article on Deon Grant and the off the field wisdom he's offered to our team. Really makes you appreciate the guy. I love listening to his interviews as well, seems like a very positive and wise person who doesn't get caught up in silly stuff.
<a href="http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSESSIONID=DD2704B14E32BBC113EF.3203?site=n ewsday&view=giants_item&feed:a=newsday_5min&feed:c=giants&feed:i=1.3434696&nopaging=1">
Link</a>

His experience back there can only help us in the playoffs

TrueBlue07
01-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I was going to post in here, jokingly about all the easy INTs Deon has dropped, but after reading that it's clear he has meant so much more to this team than a few turnovers. Good article, helps me really appreciate the man, and the player more. Thankfully this was the only place he wanted to play since he was not with the team at the start of training camp

giants63
01-07-2012, 12:39 PM
I've always liked grant. A true giant.

Latinoshockeyfan
01-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Don't let his off field activities blind you with the fact that he needs to play better. Poor tackler and is prone for blown coverages resulting in big plays.. He's got to play extremely smarter during the playoffs.

egyptian420
01-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Don't let his off field activities blind you with the fact that he needs to play better. Poor tackler and is prone for blown coverages resulting in big plays.. He's got to play extremely smarter during the playoffs.
Definitely one of the least athletic players on this D but what he lacks in physical ability he makes up for in leadership. He reminds me of an AP in that sense.

KP and Rolle are the starters at safety anyways. Grant doesn't play too large of a role in coverage. He plays down in the box pretty well.

dave56dj
01-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Least athletic ?- needs to play better? The guy is an aging veteran in the twilight of his career. He is our 3rd safety and has done a decent job. If anyone thought he would be flying all over the field making plays left and right you didnt understand the relatively cheap signing. He is a smart guy who's physical game has been sapped to some degree. He is a leader and will be in the right place due to his smarts. He still has the ability to make plays but by no means will he be Making plays all over the field all game long - nor did reese think he would. But he will be solid.

its funny cause earlier this year there was a thread about how Grant threw prince under the bus by saying he wasnt ready when it was clear grant was trying to protect the kid.