PDA

View Full Version : Fewell to be back next year (reported)

Sintim97
01-07-2012, 01:28 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/05/perry-fewell-is-signed-through-2012/

WHY?!?!?! we make the playoffs (with many breaks) and "look everybody stays!" i hate how this organization can be won over so freakin easily. and why do they make these decisions so prematurely? (like keeping tom coughlin.) so what if we lose 50-10 tomorrow. fewell's job is safe? fewell's defense is putrid. got shredded up by grossman TWICE, charlie whitehurst, tavaris jackson, vince young. the falcons should put in their backup qb tomorrow and im sure theyll have a better chance of beating us.

despite being great offenses, we let green bay MARCH right down the field on that final drive. the saints raped us. fewell plays a soft scheme and its not aggressive like spags scheme was. yes we lost in the playoffs with spags in 08 but that was ALL on gilbride. ive never seen a worst offensively called game in my life. ill be infuriated if we have the chance to bring spags back but we keep fewell all because we make the playoffs. im hoping the D gets raped in the playoffs so theyll have more reason to fire this bum, but even that wouldnt warrant his firing (to the organization.) nope, if you make the playoffs, no matter what the circumstances are, your job is safe. 09 and 10 we didnt even make the playoffs and coughlin and gilbride still werent even in jeopardy of losing their jobs! SHAKING.MY.HEAD.

bubblesmcgee
01-07-2012, 01:43 PM
honestly, I haven't liked Fewell this year at all, but he couldnt play the schemes he wanted. Last year I think we lead the league in sacks for most of the year and ended up 5th. I dont think Fewell's plan was to play so soft all year but when you lose the absurd amount of corners he did you have to change the gameplan a little.

To clarify I'm not a Fewell fan, but I can definitely see why he would stay.

Pakman
01-07-2012, 01:45 PM
I want Steve, but I can't lie Fewell with all the injuries and rookies did a the best job he could.

brad
01-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Just because he signed a contract last year doesn't mean he stays after this season. Until you see the Giants extend his contract beyond 2012, there is not indication that he will stay or go. They never go into a season with a lame duck coach... I believe the defensive performance in the playoffs will determine his fate.

NJ10
01-07-2012, 01:59 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/05/perry-fewell-is-signed-through-2012/

WHY?!?!?! we make the playoffs (with many breaks) and "look everybody stays!" i hate how this organization can be won over so freakin easily. and why do they make these decisions so prematurely? (like keeping tom coughlin.) so what if we lose 50-10 tomorrow. fewell's job is safe? fewell's defense is putrid. got shredded up by grossman TWICE, charlie whitehurst, tavaris jackson, vince young. the falcons should put in their backup qb tomorrow and im sure theyll have a better chance of beating us.

despite being great offenses, we let green bay MARCH right down the field on that final drive. the saints raped us. fewell plays a soft scheme and its not aggressive like spags scheme was. yes we lost in the playoffs with spags in 08 but that was ALL on gilbride. ive never seen a worst offensively called game in my life. ill be infuriated if we have the chance to bring spags back but we keep fewell all because we make the playoffs. im hoping the D gets raped in the playoffs so theyll have more reason to fire this bum, but even that wouldnt warrant his firing (to the organization.) nope, if you make the playoffs, no matter what the circumstances are, your job is safe. 09 and 10 we didnt even make the playoffs and coughlin and gilbride still werent even in jeopardy of losing their jobs! SHAKING.MY.HEAD.

Injuries, Injuries, Injuries. That is the reason the Defense has not been great. Losing TT for the year really hurt, Then we lose Prince for more than half the year so we was really not given a chance to apapt to the NFL. We lose Austin, our 2nd rounder for the year. Osi missed half of the year, Tuck always banged up. We lost our starting MLB Goff for the year. We have rookies and back ups starting out there, what do you expect. Now we finally got Tuck and Osi healthy and our pass rush has been dominate the past two weeks and we only gave up 14 point in each game. I dont think Fewell is the problem. That being said, if we have a shot to gets Spags back in here, im on board 1000%

giantsfan39
01-07-2012, 02:50 PM
What about last year when we were healthy and finished 17th in scoring defense, collpased against Philly, got embarrased by the Joseph Addai and the Colts running game, got blown out by GB when we need a win so we could get to the playoffs and lost to a Kitna led Dallas team with a new coach at home?

NY_Eli
01-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Too early to tell or care

giantsfan39
01-07-2012, 02:57 PM

WHY?!?!?! we make the playoffs (with many breaks) and "look everybody stays!" i hate how this organization can be won over so freakin easily. and why do they make these decisions so prematurely? (like keeping tom coughlin.) so what if we lose 50-10 tomorrow. fewell's job is safe?* fewell's defense is putrid. got shredded up by grossman TWICE, charlie whitehurst, tavaris jackson, vince young. the falcons should put in their backup qb tomorrow and im sure theyll have a better chance of beating us.

Injuries, Injuries, Injuries. That is the reason the Defense has not been great. Losing TT for the year really hurt, Then we lose Prince for more than half the year so we was really not given a chance to apapt to the NFL. We lose Austin, our 2nd rounder for the year. Osi missed half of the year, Tuck always banged up. We lost our starting MLB Goff for the year. We have rookies and back ups starting out there, what do you expect. Now we finally got Tuck and Osi healthy and our pass rush has been dominate the past two weeks and we only gave up 14 point in each game. I dont think Fewell is the problem. That being said, if we have a shot to gets Spags back in here, im on board 1000%

Its called playing against Sanchez and an injured Romo. The Jets OC and Jason Babin saved Perry Fool's job.

NWKEffectElement
01-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Wow!!! You must really hate Fewell. Are you seriously wishing a team you supposably support tanks?

krygny
01-07-2012, 03:45 PM
For all the haters in this forum, queue the deflating wah, wah, wah ...

Redeyejedi
01-07-2012, 03:58 PM

WHY?!?!?! we make the playoffs (with many breaks) and "look everybody stays!" i hate how this organization can be won over so freakin easily. and why do they make these decisions so prematurely? (like keeping tom coughlin.) so what if we lose 50-10 tomorrow. fewell's job is safe?* fewell's defense is putrid. got shredded up by grossman TWICE, charlie whitehurst, tavaris jackson, vince young. the falcons should put in their backup qb tomorrow and im sure theyll have a better chance of beating us.

Because the Giants had the third most injuries suffered to a defense in the last decade and still made the playoffs thats why

Redeyejedi
01-07-2012, 04:02 PM
What about last year when we were healthy and finished 17th in scoring defense, collpased against Philly, got embarrased by the Joseph Addai and the Colts running game, got blown out by GB when we need a win so we could get to the playoffs and lost to a Kitna led Dallas team with a new coach at home?Just Guess what they ranked the year they won the Super Bowl ,17th

Eli TO Shockey
01-07-2012, 04:41 PM
if perry lays an egg tomorrow, you can bet your *** hes gone. his extension means nothing

nhpgiantsfan
01-07-2012, 09:44 PM
SINTIM97, all you do is whine about the coaches. Are you even going to root for this team tomorrow or are you going to root againtst the coaches. Why not wait until the season is over until you cry aout Fewell coming back.

PS. For all your Fewell bashing I find it hilarious that your user name is one of the worst defensive draft picks this team has ever made. The sad part is if he didn't get hurt this year he probably would have started and this defense would've been even worse.

Tony Bruno
01-07-2012, 10:47 PM
With a healthy squad the D is more than capable to have the O in favorable positions to capitalize on...

I'm ok with PF coming back Spags somewhere in the organization now would be a great thing for our team...

Voldamort
01-07-2012, 10:54 PM
What did you want them to say? Fewell would go into a shell then!

njsean
01-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Weren't you the same poster who wanted us to lose against the Cowboys in hopes the coaches get fired?

Love Coughlin. Hope he stays as long as he wants.

JJC7301
01-07-2012, 11:01 PM
honestly, I haven't liked Fewell this year at all, but he couldnt play the schemes he wanted. Last year I think we lead the league in sacks for most of the year and ended up 5th. I dont think Fewell's plan was to play so soft all year but when you lose the absurd amount of corners he did you have to change the gameplan a little.

To clarify I'm not a Fewell fan, but I can definitely see why he would stay.
I wasn't even crazy about him last year. I realize that we had a 5th ranked D, but we let up too many big plays and 3rd and long conversions. I thought the stats were misleading and they were not some dominant D. This year there were tons of injuries.

If the D gets torn apart tomorrow with all of the DEs playing, I don't want to hear about Goff and TT; I just want Fewell gone. If they lose a respectable game where they are just beat by a better team, then I can understand Fewell coming back.

But I would not have committed to his return until the ENTIRE season were done.

I'm still hoping that Fewell will land a HC job somewhere and Spags can return, but Spags would be off the market by that time.

DandyDon
01-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Id be surprised if Spags was not a head coach somewhere else next year. He was building this year and got screwed by major injuries.

I dont think Fewell is the best d coord in the league, but he will be back next year.