PDA

View Full Version : I've said it before & I'll say it one more time...

jakegibbs
01-07-2012, 12:38 PM
The 2011/12 NY Giant football team will go as far as the defense takes them.

Posted that before the Jet game & nothings happened to make me change my mind. If they continue to hold opponts under 20 pts like they have in the last two contests then hang on for a wild playoff ride.

Fewell we're all watching & if you ever want to get back to HC job well git-r-done. The time is now for the defense to rise & puppy dog shine.

Go Big Blue

oldgiantfan
01-07-2012, 01:01 PM

Posted that before the Jet game & nothings happened to make me change my mind. If they continue to hold opponts under 20 pts like they have in the last two contests then hang on for a wild playoff ride.

It's been said a million times: defense wins superbowls (wouldn't that be nice?)

The offense will hold their own. I'm not worried about them so I agree, if the DL works some magic then this may be a giant win.

In days of yore it was the offense I would be concerned about. My how things have turned around.

Fewell we're all watching & if you ever want to get back to HC job well git-r-done. The time is now for the defense to rise & puppy dog shine.

Go Big Blue

jakegibbs
01-08-2012, 04:23 PM

Go Big Blue

Remember folks where you heard this 1st.

Go Big Blue

jakegibbs
01-11-2012, 07:08 AM

Go Big Blue

Congrats Fewell & you did execellent against the Falcons as you did for the Jets & Cowboys now the same holds true for Green Bay go to hold them under 20pts too.

Fewell we're still all watching & if you ever want to get back to HC job well git-r-done. Again the time is now for the defense to rise & puppy dog shine.

TroyArcher
01-11-2012, 10:10 AM
I mostly agree but it is nice to know we have an offense that can put up points and in a hurry. This is a different Giants offense.

GameTime
01-11-2012, 10:15 AM
The 2011/12 NY Giant football team will go as far as the defense takes them. Posted that before the Jet game &amp; nothings happened to make me change my mind. If they continue to hold opponts under 20 pts like they have in the last two contests then hang on for a wild playoff ride. Fewell we're all watching &amp; if you ever want to get back to HC job well git-r-done. The time is now for the defense to rise &amp; puppy dog shine. Go Big Blue Remember folks where you heard this 1st. Go Big Blue</P>

why do you even think for a second that you are the only one saying the D has to continue to play great???</P>

Not saying your wrong but dont break your arm patting yourself on the back for that one....[;)]</P>

</P>

TrueBlue07
01-11-2012, 10:17 AM
The 2011/12 NY Giant football team will go as far as the defense takes them. Posted that before the Jet game &amp; nothings happened to make me change my mind. If they continue to hold opponts under 20 pts like they have in the last two contests then hang on for a wild playoff ride. Fewell we're all watching &amp; if you ever want to get back to HC job well git-r-done. The time is now for the defense to rise &amp; puppy dog shine. Go Big Blue Remember folks where you heard this 1st. Go Big Blue</p>

why do you even think for a second that you are the only one saying the D has to continue to play great???</p>

Not saying your wrong but dont break your arm patting yourself on the back for that one....[;)]</p>

</p>

My thoughts exactly. You aren't exactly spilling state secrets here.

Ruttiger711
01-11-2012, 10:18 AM
The 2011/12 NY Giant football team will go as far as the defense takes them. Posted that before the Jet game &amp; nothings happened to make me change my mind. If they continue to hold opponts under 20 pts like they have in the last two contests then hang on for a wild playoff ride. Fewell we're all watching &amp; if you ever want to get back to HC job well git-r-done. The time is now for the defense to rise &amp; puppy dog shine. Go Big Blue Remember folks where you heard this 1st. Go Big Blue</P>

why do you even think for a second that you are the only one saying the D has to continue to play great???</P>

Not saying your wrong but dont break your arm patting yourself on the back for that one....[;)]</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Seriously - was anyone necessarily disagreeing with your "1st" statement. It's not exactly a "thinking out of the box" thought. </P>

</P>

</P>

NYG216
01-11-2012, 10:21 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it one more time...

If this team continues to score more points than the other team, they will win the super bowl. If they don't, they will go home.

TrueBlue07
01-11-2012, 10:22 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

If the Giants start this Manning dude over Carr, they have a shot.

burier
01-11-2012, 10:24 AM

Go Big Blue

What does this even mean? Are you saying that if the Giants D plays well we're more likely to win?

Are you saying the offense doesn't matter?

Your statement is either obvious or innacurate.

stormblue
01-11-2012, 10:58 AM
why am i reading this thread......
i want my 5 minutes back.

GMENAGAIN
01-11-2012, 11:06 AM

If this team continues to score more points than the other team, they will win the super bowl. If they don't, they will go home.
</P>

LOL</P>

burier
01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
let this thread be a lesson. Limit your ESPN viewing to no more than 30 minutes per day. Otherwise you may turn into a suto football analyst.

Giant stuck in Texas
01-11-2012, 11:29 AM
i want my 5 minutes back.It took you 5 minutes to read this thread? The first 4 posts are by the op which helps speed things along. lol

HilliardFan16
01-11-2012, 01:19 PM

Posted that before the Jet game &amp; nothings happened to make me change my mind. If they continue to hold opponts under 20 pts like they have in the last two contests then hang on for a wild playoff ride.

Fewell we're all watching &amp; if you ever want to get back to HC job well git-r-done. The time is now for the defense to rise &amp; puppy dog shine.

Go Big Blue

Good job, you realized we need to play good defense to win in the playoffs. What a genius idea. How did no one else think of that?

BUT... consider this.... I think getting a good pass rush is key to winning. We seem to do pretty well when we get to the QB. I know no one has consider this before, but hear me out.

jakegibbs
01-12-2012, 07:06 AM
i want my 5 minutes back.It took you 5 minutes to read this thread? The first 4 posts are by the op which helps speed things along. lol

I've been posting this for the last 3 weeks & the defense has responded. Call it luck I don't care I'm going to continue to post till the string runs out. Hopufully after they win the SB.

chasjay
01-12-2012, 08:28 AM

I've been posting this for the last 3 weeks &amp; the defense has responded. Call it luck I don't care I'm going to continue to post till the string runs out. Hopufully after they win the SB.

So - if you find something that works, just stick with it!! You obviously didn't learn that from Les Miles.

yoeddy
01-12-2012, 09:26 AM

Go Big Blue

IMHO, this team has gotten much further than the defense took them.

jakegibbs
01-12-2012, 03:39 PM

Go Big Blue

IMHO, this team has gotten much further than the defense took them.

You're in the playoffs now & defense wins championships not offense. You haven't heard that before?

Drez
01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
The 2011/12 NY Giant football team will go as far as the defense takes them. Posted that before the Jet game &amp; nothings happened to make me change my mind. If they continue to hold opponts under 20 pts like they have in the last two contests then hang on for a wild playoff ride. Fewell we're all watching &amp; if you ever want to get back to HC job well git-r-done. The time is now for the defense to rise &amp; puppy dog shine. Go Big Blue IMHO, this team has gotten much further than the defense took them. You're in the playoffs now &amp; defense wins championships not offense. You haven't heard that before?</P>

We're just trying to remember the last time it was true, lol.</P>

lnp12
01-12-2012, 04:20 PM

+1

BigBlueOnes
01-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Congrats, you're a legend in your own mind. Also, there are 45,000 other legends here since it's been mentioned and not exactly a Nobel Prize winning idea you got there....

jakegibbs
01-17-2012, 07:34 AM

Go Big Blue

Before everyone kills me again this week just hold on only 2 more games to go & the D wins another SB championship. I believe this gives them good luck. Sure makes me feel better anyway.

DJloves
01-17-2012, 08:05 AM
I hope Fewell dials up the blitz packages this week.

nygsb42champs
01-17-2012, 08:15 AM
There "D" has made them the most complete team left in the playoffs.

jakegibbs
02-01-2012, 07:11 AM

Go Big Blue

Just had to post this one more time since I've been posting it every week since the streak began. Now D just one more victory & you can take a rest.

jakegibbs
02-05-2012, 08:19 PM

Go Big Blue

No sacks in 1st half. They must do better & wrap up when attempting to make takles. Need to shut them out in 2nd half to get another ring.

NO TIME LIKE NOW

GO BLUE