PDA

View Full Version : I just got a trade offer

Toadofsteel
11-11-2013, 01:38 AM
Someone's offering me Keenan Allen and Giovanni Bernard for Andre Brown. I'm already a trade-happy mofo but I have my doubts on this one. Brown did well for us in his first week back, but he could get injured at the drop of a hat... but I think he's better in fantasy than Bernard since Brown is the Giants' only legit redzone option that isn't on IR right now...

Flip Empty
11-11-2013, 01:45 AM
Are you giving Gio and Allen or getting?

Toadofsteel
11-11-2013, 01:46 AM
getting...

Flip Empty
11-11-2013, 01:54 AM
Wow, that's good value. I'd take it if I also needed receiver help, but yeah, Brown will probably be far more reliable than Bernard.

Toadofsteel
11-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Wow, that's good value. I'd take it if I also needed receiver help, but yeah, Brown will probably be far more reliable than Bernard.

He'll post reliable stats, but he has the potential to get injured... again. And my team is literally called Injured Reserve at this point, since 9 out of my first 10 draft picks have been put on IR or are inactive for multiple games due to injury... Hell I just changed my logo to that NFL Memes icon for Green Bay where their logo became the handicapped parking decal...

My RB situation is tenuous, with only Brown, Vereen, and Woodhead.

At receiver, I have a gaggle of WR2/3 ish people... Dobson, Kendall Wright, Randle, Hartline, Floyd (who i'm likely to drop if i take this deal)...

gmen0820
11-11-2013, 02:03 AM
I'd do it.

Toadofsteel
11-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Looking further, I play the guy who sent me this offer during Gio's bye. I would still have Vereen vs Denver and Woodhead vs KC... not the greatest matchups. On the other hand, he would be forced to start Anquan Boldin or James Jones against me with no Allen on his team...

Toadofsteel
11-11-2013, 02:43 AM
I took it. If anything being off my fantasy roster means Brown is more likely to make it through the season. My roster is freaking cursed...

NYGfanSTRICK
11-11-2013, 06:13 AM
I took it. If anything being off my fantasy roster means Brown is more likely to make it through the season. My roster is freaking cursed...

Maybe you should have a team of all non Giant NFC East players then.. lol

Toadofsteel
11-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Maybe you should have a team of all non Giant NFC East players then.. lol

lol I DID start Foles the week he played dallas and eventually got concussed... also I had drafted Miles Austin too.

Moke
11-11-2013, 11:58 AM
I'd do it, easy.

Bernard puts solid #s and Bengals are looking to run more too.

Allen is proving himself explosive.

Andre Brown is back 1 week...I'd be worried about consistency

NYGfanSTRICK
11-11-2013, 01:32 PM
lol I DID start Foles the week he played dallas and eventually got concussed... also I had drafted Miles Austin too.

haha that is bizarre... The trade FOR you is really good I think. Bernard is solid and Allen has been a top 10 WR lately

Carter.525
11-11-2013, 02:31 PM
do it..

Generation Eli
11-12-2013, 07:57 AM
boy u have some morons if they make that trade...

do it toad, do it!

dont worry about the crap said about getting Bernard less carries, dudes a stud and the fact that the law firm sucked again, makes it even more obvious that they will be shifting the load back onto Gio

Plus Keen is a decent WR3 with upside.

do it!

Toadofsteel
11-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Guys, I already said I took the offer...