PDA

View Full Version : Should I start Peyton or Eli this week??

Rudyy
11-14-2013, 12:12 AM
Guys, I'm in a very serious dilemma.

Should I start Eli against GB or Peyton Manning against Kansas City? Peyton has been in a slump while Eli has been hitting on all cylinders..

Flip Empty
11-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Pick up Cooper off waivers

Generation Eli
11-15-2013, 01:02 AM
this a joke right? lol

id start jeff tuel

also, see if Owens is playing this week. I saw him on the sidelines last week fr the niners

Toadofsteel
11-15-2013, 02:53 AM
Honestly, idk. I started Eli over Rodgers week 1 and it paid dividends... But then again, to me there's no such thing as a "matchup-proof" starter... it's ALWAYS about the matchups in my book.

Flip Empty
11-15-2013, 03:14 AM
Honestly, idk. I started Eli over Rodgers week 1 and it paid dividends... But then again, to me there's no such thing as a "matchup-proof" starter... it's ALWAYS about the matchups in my book.
As far as QBs go, Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Matthew Stafford are the closest to sure things. Their floor sits at around 15 points, and they'll usually only hit that once or twice in a season.

Eli is match-up proof in the sense that he has the capacity to blow up on a good defense, and disappear against a bad one. He's had many great match-ups this season and has squandered them all. He really shouldn't be owned at all.

Toadofsteel
11-15-2013, 03:17 AM
As far as QBs go, Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Matthew Stafford are the closest to sure things. Their floor sits at around 15 points, and they'll usually only hit that once or twice in a season.

Eli is match-up proof in the sense that he has the capacity to blow up on a good defense, and disappear against a bad one. He's had many great match-ups this season and has squandered them all. He really shouldn't be owned at all.

I was talking week 1, not now... I cut Eli after week 5, and traded Rodgers in week 4 for Wilson and Wilson... one of them got hurt, but the other is doing better than Rodgers nowadays...

Carter.525
11-15-2013, 09:40 AM
never bench Peyton.. NEVER..!!!

TCHOF
11-15-2013, 10:31 AM
You really should not be playing fantasy football if you need to ask this question.

I would start Peyton on a bye over Eli.

Carter.525
11-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Peyton >>> Gabbert.. just sayin

Toadofsteel
11-15-2013, 11:42 AM
You really should not be playing fantasy football if you need to ask this question.

I would start Peyton on a bye over Eli.

Why are there such sacred cows in fantasy? Yes, I would start Peyton over Eli in this matchup, given the way Eli has played of late. But people take "definite" starters way too seriously in fantasy. Everyone called me ******ed when I started Andre Brown over Ray Rice last year...

gmen0820
11-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Why are there such sacred cows in fantasy? Yes, I would start Peyton over Eli in this matchup, given the way Eli has played of late. But people take "definite" starters way too seriously in fantasy. Everyone called me ******ed when I started Andre Brown over Ray Rice last year...Because in 2 years of your "matchup based" strategy, you only talk about Andre Brown vs Carolina, and Eli vs Dallas.

Morehead State
11-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Guys, I'm in a very serious dilemma.

Should I start Eli against GB or Peyton Manning against Kansas City? Peyton has been in a slump while Eli has been hitting on all cylinders..
I don't care if Peyton's up against the '85 Bears....you ALWAYS start him.

gmen0820
11-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Lost in all of this is the fact that Rudy doesn't even have Eli on her team. Unless she's in other leagues, too.

Flip Empty
11-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I'm sure she was joking. The "Eli hitting on all cylinders" remark was the clue.

ryan12
11-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I'm sure she was joking. The "Eli hitting on all cylinders" remark was the clue.

rudyy being rudyy lol

Rudyy
11-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahaha.