PDA

View Full Version : Is this a big game for Eli today? 3 out of 4 playoff appearances he lost?

DragonSoul
01-08-2012, 02:47 AM
First two he lost and you can partially chalk that up 2 lack of experience.

Then he won the SB with help from the defensive line.

Following year it was a good start till we lost Plax because the dumbass shot our chances. All we had after that was Toomer and Hixon.

Then the following 2 years we have not smelled the playoffs.

Mind you I feel he can and will get us through this week. But do you all feel he needs to win today since he only won during those playoffs games because of our miraculous SB run 4 years ago?

JJC7301
01-08-2012, 03:00 AM

Following year it was a good start till we lost Plax because the dumbass shot our chances. All we had after that was Toomer and Hixon.

Mind you I feel he can and will get us through this week. But do you all feel he needs to win today since he only won during those playoffs games because of our miraculous SB run 4 years ago?

That's what a lot of experts and others will question, but regardless of the '07 defense, Eli was a major reason why we won the SB. He didn't make any mistakes and outplayed some great and good QBs. IMO, he doesn't have anything else to prove. He'll get more playoff victories in his career, even if it doesn't include tomorrow (which I believe he will win).

As long as the team doesn't get blown out tomorrow, I can live with it. Loads of injuries and new o-line meant for much trouble.

But with Eli taking it to a new level, and Cruz and JPP emerging as superstars, we'd better do some real damage next year. I don't care about next year's hard schedule. They'd better be healthy and prepared to play next year, and prepared to win.

2011 has to be the LAST year of excuses for the Giants.

DragonSoul
01-08-2012, 03:15 AM
I wasn't knocking Eli for that SB run. I felt it was a team effort. The defense contained the most potent offense to 14 points, while Eli scored 2 fourth quarter TDS in the 4th against a very good defense people seem to forget and only 1 other qbs did such a thing in the past when nothing but a td would do on the final drive. And that was Montana.

stormblue
01-08-2012, 04:19 AM
"And that was Montana."

i like Eli too, but him and Peyton and dear old dad all put together don't even add up to Montana.

redbeardxxv
01-08-2012, 04:23 AM

Matt Ryan has played in 2 playoff game and lost them both. Nobody on the Falcons have smelled a SB. This will be a HUGE game for them.
On our Squad, most of our players still remember our run and SB win. Except for the rookies and Weatherford, most have already been there/done that.