PDA

View Full Version : Is Brandon Myers worth a stash now?

Toadofsteel
11-18-2013, 01:16 AM
Eli seems to be willing to throw to him more. Plus this short passing game the gmen are doing benefits him more.

Oh, and I need to clarify. I'm in a 12-team, and bungled my TE situation to the point where I only have Tim Wright. Combination of late drafting a TE (Jermichael Finley was my starter), injury (see the first point), and getting Belichick-sniped with Heath Miller when I tried to waive him when he was hurt. So I'm in super deep **** right now and anything is helpful.

gmen0820
11-18-2013, 02:02 AM
Eli seems to be willing to throw to him more.4 targets over the last 2 weeks says otherwise. I'd roll with Tim Wright.

Toadofsteel
11-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Wright got 1 reception for 13 yards last week. Glennon seems to be doing single reads to vjax. That's why I was asking.

NYGfanSTRICK
11-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Wright got 1 reception for 13 yards last week. Glennon seems to be doing single reads to vjax. That's why I was asking.
I would go with Delanie Walker. The guy has a nice schedule and Fitzpatrick has been checking it down to him a ton. I am considering picking him up myself but I have Gates who has been solid for the most part

Flip Empty
11-18-2013, 06:46 PM
You're comparing dirt with mud. If you don't have a top TE, you're going to have this problem with whoever you pick up. I don't think it matters too much, just try and play the match-ups.

Generation Eli
11-18-2013, 11:53 PM
LMAO, Myers? Im never good at picking my own players (be it picking up or chosing not to pick up) but this one shouldnt be an option. Especially when, even with Nicks out, and Rande (again) only getting 2-3 receptions, hes still not finding Myers often enough. I get what your saying but ELI doesnt find the TE these days

NOW WATCH HIM CATCH 6 BALLS FOR 80 YARDS AND A TD, SERIOUSLY

Ever since I dropped gates, whos been consistently avg, Ive been playing matchups (dropped Finley as well, for obvious reasons)

I did screw up though. I played Clay one week, he did okay and I dropped him for graham the next week, he did okay and then dropped graham for Housler and he did okay as well (all of whom gave me 8pts from the TE). Looking back at it though, I should have kept one of them this week (I really liked clay but needed James and had to drop someone a few weeks ago. As for Graham, I cut him this week, which kind of hurt but Husler gave 8 pts and he did almost have a TD, except Palmer sucks @$$ and missed him by 5 feet!)

Id ask for more but when your kickers are avg 13pts per game (15 this week, I have a great system with regard to kickers, no seriously), you dont need much from your TE

then again, Ive received 5pts or less the last 5 weeks from my DST ( matchups based have killed me this year. I had the chance to draft Seattle in the 9th but decided against it. I went 14th rd Saints and 15th rd Pats, both were dropped when both Spiller and CK2.3yds/C sucked and I needed a RB)

Jebus, I tend to ramble!

Toadofsteel
11-19-2013, 12:49 AM
Lol I started the Giants defense the past 3 weeks, and despite crap across the board Ive won 2 out of my last 3...

Generation Eli
11-19-2013, 12:56 AM
Ive never been good at judging the Giants for the most part. I guess its logical to think that since Im biased, even in a subconscious level.

I was spot on last year with Tynes. He gave me 88 pts in 7 games I started him

then again, kickers dont count

Toadofsteel
11-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Oh, and for the guy who mentioned Delanie: he got picked up 2 weeks ago. I did spot Heath Miller being kicked to the curb, so I picked him up...

PennState1
11-19-2013, 01:06 PM
What is your system for picking kickers?

Toadofsteel
11-19-2013, 01:19 PM
What is your system for picking kickers?

Adam Vinatieri. Someone dropped him to waivers week 2 lol...

NYGfanSTRICK
11-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Oh, and for the guy who mentioned Delanie: he got picked up 2 weeks ago. I did spot Heath Miller being kicked to the curb, so I picked him up...
Damn because he has a really favorable schedule coming up for him and he has been playing well since Fitzpatrick has become the QB