PDA

View Full Version : Manningham Wildcard

oldgiantfan
01-08-2012, 10:38 AM
The falcons know about Nicks and Cruz which leaves Manningham as the wildcard. They can cover two but getting to three is a bit difficult. If the OLine covers Eli then Manningham can have a big game today.

Gmenfan87
01-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah I hope they go to sleep on Manningham. Eli will find him if he is open.

buddy33
01-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Manningham takes a lot of heat on this board, but he might be their most dynamic WR. If he has trouble with plays just simplify it for him. Make sure he is a part of the game because he is a very good WR and they can not double Nicks, Manningham, and Cruz. Then of course they have to worry about Ballard.

Joe Morrison
01-08-2012, 11:02 AM
Don't forget the Stealth, Hynoski~~~~~~~~~~~

BigBlue121
01-08-2012, 11:14 AM
What about ballard? im hoping he plays today. Manningham drops too many passes. I dont think Eli trusts him anymore

BallinNY
01-08-2012, 11:18 AM
completely agree. Manningham might be our most explosive receiver, he just needs to get on a roll. Id like to see more of the quick throws to the WR's on the line of scrimmage to negate passrush and keep the DB's honest. Plus our receivers are very good in space and their CB's are smaller and prone to missing tackles.

Gianthunter
01-08-2012, 11:29 AM
A healthy Manningham would be a help. But....[8-)] oh well

jjj45
01-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Don't forget the Stealth, Hynoski~~~~~~~~~~~Yes! Hynoski will be key in this one.

AllTuckedUp
01-08-2012, 11:50 AM
A healthy Manningham would be a help. But....[8-)] oh well

yea he hasn't been the same since his injury

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-08-2012, 12:02 PM
The falcons know about Nicks and Cruz which leaves Manningham as the wildcard. They can cover two but getting to three is a bit difficult. If the OLine covers Eli then Manningham can have a big game today.

There's no wildcard because the Falcons know about cruz and nicks, but that doesnt mean they're going to do anything about them. Cruz and nicks will gash this defense up ALL Day.

oldgiantfan
01-08-2012, 12:05 PM

There's no wildcard because the Falcons know about cruz and nicks, but that doesnt mean they're going to do anything about them. Cruz and nicks will gash this defense up ALL Day.

It would be sweet if they do gash'em up. If the falcs spend too much time worrying about Nicks and Cruz there's always Ballard and Manningham.

miked1958
01-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Yeah I hope they go to sleep on Manningham. Eli will find him if he is open.

I agree. Said this last week. With the attention Cruz will get it will open it up for all the others

brad
01-08-2012, 12:16 PM
As fun as it is to watch a big play downfield... it's the plays in between those big plays that will make the difference. Not every play can be an 80 yard TD pass unless you are NO or playing Madden. I hope they try to double up on Cruz and Nix because that should help open up the run game and allow them to keep the defense rested and aggressive.

Gonzo88
01-08-2012, 12:19 PM
What about ballard? im hoping he plays today. Manningham drops too many passes. I dont think Eli trusts him anymore

I believe Falcons have no problem stopping Ballard, especially since he is coming off an injury. We have a pretty nasty lb core. But we are definitely not under estimating Manningham he could have a big day against us thats for sure.

buddy33
01-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Manningham takes a lot of heat on this board, but he might be their most dynamic WR. If he has trouble with plays just simplify it for him. Make sure he is a part of the game because he is a very good WR and they can not double Nicks, Manningham, and Cruz. Then of course they have to worry about Ballard.

I was real happy to see him get involved today. It is going to be hard to cover Manningham, Nicks, Cruz, and Ballard. Especially with the running game clicking.

miked1958
01-08-2012, 05:42 PM

I was real happy to see him get involved today. It is going to be hard to cover Manningham, Nicks, Cruz, and Ballard. Especially with the running game clicking.
I said in this thread and others that if they try and take away Cruz then the others would burn them. Nicks with two TDs and MM with one. Enough said

BigBlue1971
01-08-2012, 05:43 PM
The falcons know about Nicks and Cruz which leaves Manningham as the wildcard. They can cover two but getting to three is a bit difficult. If the OLine covers Eli then Manningham can have a big game today.</P>

</P>

nice call today oldgiant! </P>

Manningham was a wildcard and a beast today!</P>

if he stays healthy we could go a long ways!</P>

Bigbluepcb
01-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Great call oldgiant!
But who WAS that guy wearing 82 today?
Doesn't Manningham have to drop the first two thrown at him? ;-)

JJC7301
01-09-2012, 01:10 AM
MM would be a # 2 WR on a lot of other teams, and a # 1 on some other teams really lacking at WR. If the 'Skins sign him, he'd be their # 1 (God, I hope they keep Santana Moss as their # 1 for 10 more years).

If we don't / can't resign him, if I were the Jets I'd sign him and dump Holmes and Plax.

Redeyejedi
01-09-2012, 09:23 AM
The only thing with Manningham is he body catches alot.On that 1 deep ball he could of got to it if he went and grabbed it with his hands instead of allowing it to come to his body.

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 09:30 AM
good call, altho in classic MM fashion he did drop one finally, but Eli had hard-counted them offsides

I Bleed Blue
01-09-2012, 10:02 AM
good call, altho in classic MM fashion he did drop one finally, but Eli had hard-counted them offsides

They all have the case of the drops. Why just single him out? I just don't get the bias hatred towards him. I really don't.