PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick fantasy help!

Carter.525
11-21-2013, 08:45 PM
With Sproles out I need to start 2

Pierre Thomas at ATL
Eddie Lacy vs MIN
Alfred Morris vs SF

thanks

NYGfanSTRICK
11-21-2013, 09:17 PM
With Sproles out I need to start 2

Pierre Thomas at ATL
Eddie Lacy vs MIN
Alfred Morris vs SF

thanks

I would probably go Thomas and Lacy.

Carter.525
11-21-2013, 09:19 PM
Put Pierre in.. I'll figure out Lacy vs Morris later

NYGfanSTRICK
11-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Put Pierre in.. I'll figure out Lacy vs Morris later

Yeah Thomas should play well w/o Sproles being a factor. I like Lacy but he didn't do **** vs our D but who really has run it against us lately..

Generation Eli
11-22-2013, 05:39 AM
my brother in law, whos behind me (record wise) needed help this week. He was going to pick up either Ball or Thomas, I told him to get Thomas. After all, hes only using him for a week anyways (he has a RB on bye)

and he used him and got 14 points from him. I really need to keep my mouth shut. I also dropped Floyd and he picked him up and benefited last week. He then dropped him LOL and I used my number 1 waiver on him.

Come to think of it, I also dropped gates and he picked him up. Im surprised no one thinks we are colluding this year lol (every year they think we're cheating and helping each other. Cant see why they would think that, its not like hes married to my sister or anything)

We're not though. I give him tiny advices, thats all (like start buffalo last week)

Anyways, glad to see PT payed off (BTW, a player I said I want the Giants to go after, big time)

also, for the first time this season, my thursday kicker failed me (I just knew Brees would be shut down and they would need to kick field goals, I just didnt get enough opportunities, oh wells)

BTW, start Morris. I can see him getting 3TD this week. Lets just hope that the game doesnt dictate he sit (if they are down early, say good bye to morris the rest of the way. Thats the only concern here. Lets hope that doesnt happen for your sake.

BTW, I think Belichick might be the new Shanahan. Hes been playing around with his RB committee for a couple years now. Which is why I didnt redraft Ridley this year, even though he did wonders for me last year.

Flip Empty
11-22-2013, 08:39 AM
I actually think Belichick's backfield system is pretty straightforward - I don't think it's changed much over the years. He has his standard, ground-and-pound backs in Ridley and Blount, and the passing down backs in Vereen and Bolden.

Ridley gets the typical #1 work unless he fumbles, in which case Blount is brought in, while Vereen is the primary backfield receiver. It really isn't much different to the Ridley/BenJarvus/Woodhead system, or even the old Dillon/Maroney/Faulk one.

Individual usage appears to be dictated by game flow, which is where the fantasy frustration stems. ADP is probably another issue - in many cases, Ridley was drafted as an RB1. He simply isn't. At RB2 and Flex, I think Ridley and Vereen are great options.

Carter.525
11-22-2013, 08:52 AM
my brother in law, whos behind me (record wise) needed help this week. He was going to pick up either Ball or Thomas, I told him to get Thomas. After all, hes only using him for a week anyways (he has a RB on bye)

and he used him and got 14 points from him. I really need to keep my mouth shut. I also dropped Floyd and he picked him up and benefited last week. He then dropped him LOL and I used my number 1 waiver on him.

Come to think of it, I also dropped gates and he picked him up. Im surprised no one thinks we are colluding this year lol (every year they think we're cheating and helping each other. Cant see why they would think that, its not like hes married to my sister or anything)

We're not though. I give him tiny advices, thats all (like start buffalo last week)

Anyways, glad to see PT payed off (BTW, a player I said I want the Giants to go after, big time)

also, for the first time this season, my thursday kicker failed me (I just knew Brees would be shut down and they would need to kick field goals, I just didnt get enough opportunities, oh wells)

BTW, start Morris. I can see him getting 3TD this week. Lets just hope that the game doesnt dictate he sit (if they are down early, say good bye to morris the rest of the way. Thats the only concern here. Lets hope that doesnt happen for your sake.

BTW, I think Belichick might be the new Shanahan. Hes been playing around with his RB committee for a couple years now. Which is why I didnt redraft Ridley this year, even though he did wonders for me last year.

Moris and Lacy are tough for me.. I know Lacy will get the goal-line carries.. Can't say the same for Morris with Shannahan as the coach

It's hard to sit Morris with the carries he gets

Toadofsteel
11-22-2013, 03:09 PM
I actually think Belichick's backfield system is pretty straightforward - I don't think it's changed much over the years. He has his standard, ground-and-pound backs in Ridley and Blount, and the passing down backs in Vereen and Bolden.

Ridley gets the typical #1 work unless he fumbles, in which case Blount is brought in, while Vereen is the primary backfield receiver. It really isn't much different to the Ridley/BenJarvus/Woodhead system, or even the old Dillon/Maroney/Faulk one.

Individual usage appears to be dictated by game flow, which is where the fantasy frustration stems. ADP is probably another issue - in many cases, Ridley was drafted as an RB1. He simply isn't. At RB2 and Flex, I think Ridley and Vereen are great options.

There's a lot of RB1s this season that have flat out busted as 1st or 2nd round picks though. Doug Martin is on IR, Foster is often injured and misses games, people like AP, Ridley, and others are underperforming... honestly the matchup is the way to go in these situations, especially in leagues with bigger rosters.

PennState1
11-23-2013, 01:07 AM
I don't get why so many undervalue beast mode. He was amazing last year and I was able to pick him up in 3 leagues this year even with me having the 3rd and in one case the 4th pick!

Flip Empty
11-23-2013, 01:12 AM
If he stays with the Seahawks, he should probably be the #1 next year.

PennState1
11-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Dude is so reliable