PDA

View Full Version : 3rd and 9

HeGoesDeep
01-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Run? LOL what in the hell is gillbride smoking

jparmer
01-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Same stuff he's been smoking all year. God I hope he is gone after this year's over

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 02:29 PM
It was a called blitz. Eli probably audibled into it and if Ware breaks a tackle, theres a good chance he gets.

No, let's just blame Gilbride.

Voldamort
01-08-2012, 02:29 PM
3rd and long so far let's go O make a block!!!

GOBIGBLUE52
01-08-2012, 02:33 PM
That wasn't Gilbride's call. Only people watching on mute wouldn't realize Eli audibled into it.

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 02:34 PM
That wasn't Gilbride's call. Only people watching on mute wouldn't realize Eli audibled into it.
Exactly and it wasn't a bad audible.

jparmer
01-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Yea cause no team ever fakes an audible

Spizi
01-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Yea cause no team ever fakes an audible

exactly or it could've been the same play but to the other side. either way gilbride sucks ***

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Yea cause no team ever fakes an audibleBecause you would be able to tell if it was a fake audible.

Nobody calls a run on 3rd and 9 unless the game is fixed, but Gilbride doesn't know what the Falcons are gonna show in defense, Eli does, and he is very good with audibles. If the Falcons bring that much heat, if Ware gets past the initial rush, he has green to cover, Falcons made a play. Game isn't over.

jparmer
01-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Yea cause no team ever fakes an audibleBecause you would be able to tell if it was a fake audible.

Nobody calls a run on 3rd and 9 unless the game is fixed, but Gilbride doesn't know what the Falcons are gonna show in defense, Eli does, and he is very good with audibles. If the Falcons bring that much heat, if Ware gets past the initial rush, he has green to cover, Falcons made a play. Game isn't over.

Exactly, I'm not able to tell its a fake audible just as much as u aren't able to tell if it's not. And we all know the kind of play calling gilbride has used all year. None of us know what's being called by who from our couches

HeGoesDeep
01-08-2012, 02:44 PM
oh god this is ugly

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 02:46 PM

Exactly, I'm not able to tell its a fake audible just as much as u aren't able to tell if it's not. And we all know the kind of play calling gilbride has used all year. None of us know what's being called by who from our couchesExactly, so put 2 and 2 together and realize that a run of that nature in response to a Falcons defensive alignment is a field call.

jparmer
01-08-2012, 02:49 PM
The whole point of a fake audible is to get the defense to change their call. I'm not saying it was gilbride or eli but u can't tell me, unless u were on the field, who made that call either. I don't care how knowledgeable about football u might be

bashful
01-08-2012, 02:52 PM
It was a called blitz. Eli probably audibled into it and if Ware breaks a tackle, theres a good chance he gets.

You are a fool, gilbride called the run

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 02:58 PM

You are a fool, gilbride called the runYou really think our bad running game provoked KG to call a run on 3rd and 9? Why? Because he knew the Falcons would zone blitz? Uh?

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 03:14 PM
What a drive called by Gilbride!

jparmer
01-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Yea, some lucky team should hire him for head coach. That guy is incredible

NYG4lifeNYK
01-08-2012, 03:16 PM

No it was a called run to the left Eli just shifted it to the right... all Gilbride

HeGoesDeep
01-08-2012, 03:18 PM
should I make a new thread called 3rd and 1? omfg gillbride needs to get knocked
out....

jparmer
01-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I guess eli called that 3 pass 3 and out. Nice job kg, nice job

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 03:19 PM

No it was a called run to the left Eli just shifted it to the right... all Gilbride
Was this said?

Because either way, Eli could of audibled out.

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I guess eli called that 3 pass 3 and out. Nice job kg, nice jobThe no huddle offense? How would Gilbride call the no huddle offense? Are you being serious?

jparmer
01-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Microphones in the helmets? Didn't know we had them

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Microphones in the helmets? Didn't know we had themYou realize the no huddle offense is called by the quarterback?

jparmer
01-08-2012, 03:23 PM
What is your man love with gilbride all about? The guy is terrible and U defend him to no end. He sucking your **** or what?

NYG4lifeNYK
01-08-2012, 03:25 PM

Was this said?

Yes.

Eli doesn't go against Gilbride for some reason. Your OC should know how to call a game you can't check out of everything.

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 03:26 PM
What is your man love with gilbride all about? The guy is terrible and U defend him to no end. He sucking your **** or what?What? Defend Gilbride? I'm pointing out that Eli runs the no huddle. Eli made the call.

Why would I unnecessarily bash Gilbride for something that's not on him?

Why don't you give him props for that 85 yard drive? If you're just gonna let his accomplishments slide, why even bother criticizing him?

jparmer
01-08-2012, 03:28 PM
This whole thread started with the 3rd and 9 run call!

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 03:29 PM

Was this said?

Yes.

Eli doesn't go against Gilbride for some reason. Your OC should know how to call a game you can't check out of everything.

And if you don't check out of a 3rd and 9 run which on this board is seemingly the most asinine thing, what do you check out of?

And where was this said? Because it certainly wasn't said by the announcers.

jparmer
01-08-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm not gonna give him props for that drive either. We made some plays. Got some good blocks. How many runs did he call in a row? That's a little risky if u ask me. If the ol doesn't get the blocks it got, that drive stalls. But that all goes unnoticed cause we made plays and scored

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 03:31 PM
This whole thread started with the 3rd and 9 run call!And this certainly shows the amount of impartial fans.

Start a thread with one call and let a perfect drive slide. No, even better, I get a kick out of people who blame Gilbide for our shortcomings and when we succeed praise the offense for succeeding in spite of Gilbride.

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm not gonna give him props for that drive either. We made some plays. Got some good blocks. How many runs did he call in a row? That's a little risky if u ask me. If the ol doesn't get the blocks it got, that drive stalls. But that all goes unnoticed cause we made plays and scoredThen what's the perfect drive? What is your benchmark for the perfect drive?

jparmer
01-08-2012, 03:34 PM
So in your mind, gilbride is a good oc and should keep his job at the end of the year? He called a solid season?

jparmer
01-08-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm not gonna give him props for that drive either. We made some plays. Got some good blocks. How many runs did he call in a row? That's a little risky if u ask me. If the ol doesn't get the blocks it got, that drive stalls. But that all goes unnoticed cause we made plays and scoredThen what's the perfect drive? What is your benchmark for the perfect drive?

We scored, I'm not stupid, I'm not gonna complain about scoring

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 03:36 PM

We scored, I'm not stupid, I'm not gonna complain about scoringThat wasn't the question.

HeGoesDeep
01-08-2012, 03:55 PM
are you related to gillbride by any chance?

bearbryant
01-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Whatever your name is on the radio... It was INTERFERENCE. What tape did you look at or are you betting on the Birds>

Buy some glasses, MoMo!!!

NYG4lifeNYK
01-08-2012, 03:58 PM

Was this said?

Yes.

And if you don't check out of a 3rd and 9 run which on this board is seemingly the most asinine thing, what do you check out of?

Yes it was

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 04:02 PM

Was this said?

Yes.

Yes it was
No it wasn't.

HeGoesDeep
01-08-2012, 04:05 PM
No it wasn't.

it was...

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 04:07 PM
No it wasn't.

it was...
Do you agree with jparmer's arguments in this thread?

jparmer
01-08-2012, 04:08 PM
No it wasn't.

it was...

Lol, obviously. He started the thread, I defended him!

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 04:09 PM
No it wasn't.

it was...

Lol, obviously. He started the thread, I defended him!I don't think he does. I will wait until he answers.

I don't think he agrees with nyg4lifenyk either.

jparmer
01-08-2012, 04:13 PM
This is all I'm saying. Gilbride has been terrible all year with play calling. That 3 and 9 play... U or I don't know for certain if it was originally called a run by gilbride or if it was changed by eli. Sure we can hear eli shouting things but unless u know the teams terminology u don't know what was happening.