PDA

View Full Version : Carry-in policy: Camera equipment (lens more than 6" in lenght)

michaudg
11-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Hi! Bonjour,

We are from Montreal (Quebec) and will be traveling to NY by van on dec 13 (to visit) and on the 16th to attend the game on against he SeaHAWKS. I have read the carry-in policy regarding the lenght of the lens that are allowed into the stadium. Notably : Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6 or less in length not contained in a case. I do own a Canon EF 70-200mm ( 7.8 in) wich is quite expensive, and I do not want to leave unattended in the parking lot. see : http://www.canon.ca/inetCA/products?m=gp&pid=2458&lang=en#_030

What are my options? Can I still carry this equipement with me...?

Best Regards, Merci!
Gilles Michaud
gilles_michaud@hotmail.com

Jet-Blue
11-27-2013, 03:18 PM
It's the new 2.8 IS!! You can leave it with me!! LOL They are pretty picky! I'd say you'd need to find a home for it before you go in. I've taken my 1DmkII in with a 200 f2.8 without an issue (it's just about 6"), but I really think the 70-200 will give you some trouble. They laughed at me for trying to bring in a 300 f4 in the old stadium.

You can leave it in the van, there won't be an issue. What is the license plate of the van? LOL