PDA

View Full Version : How in the heck is that roughing on Williams?!

53canton
01-08-2012, 03:54 PM
The guy is battling for more yards. This isnt 2 hand touch. Yet another awful call! Luckily the game isnt close.

gmen0820
01-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Pathetic call. Might cost us the defensive shutout.

BParcells777
01-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Atlaanta had these Ref on the payroll all day long.........it did not matter a lick

CA Jints Fan
01-08-2012, 04:25 PM
The guy is battling for more yards. This isnt 2 hand touch. Yet another awful call! Luckily the game isnt close.
get ready for 15K league fine for "breathing to heavy" on the ball barrier

simms56
01-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the Arena League. That call was unbelievably poor.

Mark444
01-08-2012, 04:27 PM
I was screaming at the TV even though the game was in hand. the whistle blew in the middle of the tackle

Kingb50
01-08-2012, 04:29 PM
B.S call

CruzMissle
01-08-2012, 04:30 PM
They need to just make it a new penalty -- Tackling Too Hard. Automatic 1st down.

So lame.

BigBlue1971
01-08-2012, 04:33 PM
it wasnt roughing. the refs just had a hard on for the Giants today

mrg3
01-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Those Refs were consistent against GIANTS, There should be a Investigation. Great win Though.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-08-2012, 04:39 PM
hey ill take anyday at that period of the game, considering the circumstance, rather then early in the game when its still close. You think thats bad, lets hope we get a solid group of refs for next week against the pack.

buddy33
01-08-2012, 04:41 PM
The worst part about it is that I saw something similar happen last night and it was no penalty on the Lions DT for doing almost the same thing.

plaxattack17
01-08-2012, 04:43 PM
hey if your gonna be bias give them props for being bias to the bitter end even when it was out of hand. Us overcoming the extra man and absoloutely destroying them! On a serious note, thankgod we were so awesome today the calls didnt matter...but we got screweed all day, we have to pray these officials dont have anything to do with next week.

KezZone
01-08-2012, 04:51 PM
With our luck, it will be that Trippelette clown or however you spell his name. That officiating crew is full of clowns.

mrg3
01-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Yeah Trpplet another Joke. I hope we get the Crew that did Our Super Bowl.

NYCDBS
01-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Wonder what the over/under was on the game... Looks to me like the refs were trying to get those boys some points!!!!

Tommy_Ribs
01-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Another one of several bad calls.

VERY bad spot on that Pass to Nicks in the first half that should have been a first down. Mike Peirera was clearly disturbed by that one.

ALSO a horrible no-Call for Pass Interference on Nicks in the End Zone. Even noted GIANT hater Joe Buck was puzzled by that one.

mainegiantsfan
01-09-2012, 12:34 AM
I hated the call, but when you slam someone down hard it should be called. This happens quite bit and is not called though. I like nice clean hits, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Players landing hard on the QB most of the time is unnecessary and should be called also. Too many leading with the helmet tackles are not called. The size and speed of today's players dictate more protection for the players. Just a matter of time for a Jack Tatum hit again. I know this will get a lot of criticism, but my opinion.

Firenugget
01-09-2012, 06:32 AM
I hated the call, but when you slam someone down hard it should be called. This happens quite bit and is not called though. I like nice clean hits, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Players landing hard on the QB most of the time is unnecessary and should be called also. Too many leading with the helmet tackles are not called. The size and speed of today's players dictate more protection for the players. Just a matter of time for a Jack Tatum hit again.<u> I know this will get a lot of criticism</u>, but my opinion.

Yeah pretty much everything you wrote is silly. If he slammed him down after the whistle blew it would be one thing, but when you've already leveraged yourself to take someone down you can't really just stop in the middle of it. It was a crappy call. As far as the rest of what you wrote...I don't know what sport you want to watch, but it's not football.

jomo
01-09-2012, 07:01 AM
I hated the call, but when you slam someone down hard it should be called. This happens quite bit and is not called though. I like nice clean hits, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. Players landing hard on the QB most of the time is unnecessary and should be called also. Too many leading with the helmet tackles are not called. The size and speed of today's players dictate more protection for the players. Just a matter of time for a Jack Tatum hit again. I know this will get a lot of criticism, but my opinion.I'm not sure if you are commenting primarily on that hit or not. In general, most would agree with you but on that hit he had nothing else to do. The runner was still fighting for yards and the whistle had not blown. A tackler can't decide to "bring 'em down easy". That is how runners get their legs under themselves and bust it for a TD. Remember when Kiwi eased up on that quarterback a few years ago? In this particular case it was another wreched call by a very, very weak officiating crew.

threenout
01-09-2012, 07:36 AM
be prepared to see more of this in Green Bay. The Pack is the current sweet heart team of the NFL.

They are very good and need no help to win games, but they always seem the get the big call at the right time.

buddy33
01-09-2012, 08:02 AM
The 1st time these two teams played the refs where horrible. They blew 2 TD calls and had some questionable penalties called on the Giants.

Maybe that was a good thing because I think it's better now that they lost that game. Now the Giants are the ones looking for pay back.

Captain Chaos
01-09-2012, 08:08 AM
It seems the refs were giving every advantage they could to Atlanta, we will probably see the same next week!

miked1958
01-09-2012, 08:51 AM
they were trying to keep Atlanta in the game all day. alot of times when we got a positive gain they took out the flag and moved us back. The play on the goal line with nicks. them missing that easy first down nicks had near end of half that would have kept that drive going. We all know how deadly eli is in those drives. </P>

with all of that we still blew their butts out</P>

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 08:53 AM
yeah what a joke ... poorly officiated game, but it didn't even make us blink