PDA

View Full Version : WAS THIS OSI"S FINAL GAME AT THE MET???

ITELLNOLIES
01-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Didn't want to bring this up before the big game but everything points to that direction based on what i am reading. Osi was a beast again today, i just don't get this 10 sacks in 9 games, who else will fill in for him when he's gone, can someone please explain this madness to me. REESE PAY THIS MAN HIS MONEY!!!!

Pakman
01-08-2012, 05:49 PM
He's not going anywhere bro. If a team wants to give up a first for him ..that fine with me.

buddy33
01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
If he stays he is not getting one red cent more than what he gets now. He has one more year on his contract and they have to pay Tuck when he is due a new contract.

myles2424
01-08-2012, 05:53 PM
Never seen fans soo eager to get rid of a pro bowl players because he thinks he deserves to be paid

derekunion28
01-08-2012, 05:54 PM
stayin i hope

TuckYou
01-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Huge Osi fan here. I never left his side when most here were telling him to get lost. This guy is very valuable. I think he will be moved though. Hoping for a 2nd rounder for him. A team like the Pats who are a great team but lacking the pass rush will pay up, especially since they have 2 first round picks.</P>

Unfortunately, there is no way to keep Tuck and JPP if Osi can get a pay day, and JPP is a MUST. Kinda like why I feel Manham is gone. Cruz and Nicks are MUSTS.</P>

If we can manage to get a early second for him, I would suggest we draft a replacement. CHANDLER JONES of Syracuse. Dude is a beast and easily Cuse's best defensive player. Great attitute and non stop motor. Long arms and good pass rush skills. Great charactor guy. </P>

Pakman
01-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I like Osi, but I'd I had to choose between Tuck and Osi getting an extension ...I'm going with Tuck.

Like I said Osi is staying with us, I doubt anyone trades a 1st rs pick for him.

FBomb
The Giants are going to trade Osi and the way he is playing, we should get a good deal.</P>

Sarcasman
Never seen fans soo eager to get rid of a pro bowl players because he thinks he deserves to be paid

Of course he deserves to be paid. The good news is that he is being paid and he's under contract.

buddy33
01-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I don't think so many people want to get rid of him. I mean the stuff in the summer was annoying, but he is a good player. However, he is not getting more money and if he is going to hold out for more he may have some trade value.

Tommy_Ribs
01-08-2012, 05:57 PM
I think it will be his last game.

Osi will want a new deal, he won;t get one, and in fairness to Osi, he will deserve to be either released or traded.

I think this could be the last few games for Jacobs, and maybe McKenzie as well.

Aaror Ross will probably be gone, and Kiwanuka may want to go get paid too.

There will be turnover, there always is.

DownWitJPP
01-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Osi was always one of my fav players, i hope hes staying. He's been a beast when healthy and on the field.

Gianthunter
01-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Amazing how much money will motivate an "injured player".

poppa smurph
01-08-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm gonna miss seeing Jacobs in a Giants uni

myles2424
01-08-2012, 06:05 PM
I'm gonna miss seeing Jacobs in a Giants uni Jacobs will be back at a reduced rate...

poppa smurph
01-08-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm gonna miss seeing Jacobs in a Giants uni Jacobs will be back at a reduced rate...lol, I'd take a pay cut to keep him here

TuckYou
01-08-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't think so many people want to get rid of him. I mean the stuff in the summer was annoying, but he is a good player. However, he is not getting more money and if he is going to hold out for more he may have some trade value.</P>

Really? Id say during the summer, about 80% of this board wanted him gone. I said only if we can get a 1st, which I believe a team still should of given up a first if all they need was a pass rusher. 10 sacks in 10 games this season. He is a force. And if he is happy, watch out. Right now, he is hungry. Im expecting a huge postseason from him. </P>

buddy33
01-08-2012, 06:11 PM
I don't think so many people want to get rid of him. I mean the stuff in the summer was annoying, but he is a good player. However, he is not getting more money and if he is going to hold out for more he may have some trade value.</P>

Really? Id say during the summer, about 80% of this board wanted him gone. I said only if we can get a 1st, which I believe a team still should of given up a first if all they need was a pass rusher. 10 sacks in 10 games this season. He is a force. And if he is happy, watch out. Right now, he is hungry. Im expecting a huge postseason from him. </P>

Well if he was not going to play then of course fans would want him out of here. He does the team no good sitting home. Get a pick for him then. Now, when he was on the trading block he was not worth what he or his agent thought he was.

He is still a good player and as long as he is happy to finish out his contract I'm glad he is on this team.

Gianthunter
01-08-2012, 06:14 PM
Don't know about this mets thing. But at Giants Stadium probably.

Mr Excitement
01-08-2012, 06:19 PM

They can't afford him...Tuck and JPP when his contract is due....they have proved they can win without him...he's nowhere near the player JPP is ..He is going to want a fortune to stay...if he wants to really be a Giant...he will play out his contract...we wont get more than a 2nd rounder for him...he will on the backside of 30 and cant stay healthy. He is best now for coming in on 3rd downs...hes not an every down player anymore.

SweetZombieJesus
01-08-2012, 06:21 PM
You people who are pro-Osi are forgetting several things.

A) Osi punched his ticket already when he held out during training camp and played each and every single card he had and LOST, pissing off Jerry Reese in the process. He's gone.

B) Osi wants to be paid as a top 5 DE and he simply isn't one.

C) Tuck is already playing below market value (and isn't whining about being underpaid, he's playing his current contract and hoping to be rewarded) and JPP is the future of this franchise and needs to be locked up in a 15 year $200 million contract ASAP.

D) Osi is a situational player (a good one, granted). Tuck and JPP are both more complete, every-down DEs.

E) Of the three (Tuck, JPP, and Osi) two are young unselfish team players with upside and the other is a selfish jerk who is probably on his last contract. The Giants are already in cap hell, and you want to throw money at Osi???

Tuck and JPP deserve to be paid before Osi.

BigBlue1971
01-08-2012, 06:23 PM
i predict Osi will be traded in the off season!</P>

i think they will again fall out over salary and Osi will pitch a *****!</P>

the fo will get tired of him, trading to San Diego for2nd round pick!</P>

Voldamort
01-08-2012, 06:23 PM
He misses to much time!!!

rainierjef
01-08-2012, 06:25 PM
I Hope they resign him so you Anti-osi's can shut the **** up. he is putting his body on the line like everyone else he just want's to be compensated for it, i can't wait till the day where JPP asks for more money and watch you people just bash him for wanting more for his play. smfh

Osi continues to play and be productive and giants fans continue to bash him for something that happened in the short off season with a player vs. nfl situation.

SweetZombieJesus
01-08-2012, 06:27 PM
I Hope they resign him so you Anti-osi's can shut the **** up. he is putting his body on the line like everyone else he just want's to be compensated for it

He already IS compensated for it (I must have missed where he's playing for free). He got a big front-loaded contract (meaning he made the mother-lode up front and the numbers went down in later years, and he knew this when he signed it). Then he has the balls to want to renegotiate it (and call the GM a liar) instead of honoring his deal.

Osi should shut the **** up because he's already negotiated a contract that he was quite happy with when he first signed it.

rainierjef
01-08-2012, 06:36 PM
but reese did lie? did he not? do you know how an afidavit works? do you know that if any part of it is untrue is perjury, so what osi said wasn't a lie and the fact that reese didn't deny it showed that it wasn't a lie. don't make empty promises to players that play for big contracts

okay he was front loaded i get it, but its bad business on reese to say play this way and i'll give you this lets shake on that. that's like your boss saying hey sell this many units next year and the year after that and i'll give you a raise, then you have get sick for one full year, and then have a monster season. don't make guarantees if that wasn't said we would not be in this situation. Osi never...NEVER said he himself wanted to be traded he said he wants to be compensated for his play of get the deal that reese promise which is be traded to get a big pay day.

Mr Excitement
01-08-2012, 06:38 PM
I Hope they resign him so you Anti-osi's can shut the **** up. he is putting his body on the line like everyone else he just want's to be compensated for it

He already IS compensated for it (I must have missed where he's playing for free). He got a big front-loaded contract (meaning he made the mother-lode up front and the numbers went down in later years, and he knew this when he signed it). Then he has the balls to want to renegotiate it (and call the GM a liar) instead of honoring his deal.

Osi should shut the **** up because he's already negotiated a contract that he was quite happy with when he first signed it.

agreed!

rainierjef
01-08-2012, 06:42 PM

agreed!

like i said we will<font color="#0000FF"> ALL</font> be cheering for him when he gets a sack fumble on rodgers,
and we will <font color="#0000FF">ALL </font>be cheering for him when/if he comes back next year,
and no offense not <font color="#0000FF">ALL</font> of us will be hypocrites
go BIG BLUE every man on the roster

ITELLNOLIES
01-08-2012, 06:46 PM

A)* Osi punched his ticket already when he held out during training camp and played each and every single card he had and LOST, pissing off Jerry Reese in the process.* He's gone.

B)* Osi wants to be paid as a top 5 DE and he simply isn't one.

C)* Tuck is already playing below market value (and isn't whining about being underpaid, he's playing his current contract and hoping to be rewarded) and JPP is the future of this franchise and needs to be locked up in a 15 year $200 million contract ASAP.*

D)* Osi is a situational player (a good one, granted).* Tuck and JPP are both more complete, every-down DEs.

E)* Of the three (Tuck, JPP, and Osi) two are young unselfish team players with upside and the other is a selfish jerk who is probably on his last contract.* The Giants are already in cap hell, and you want to throw money at Osi???

1.What you're forgetting is your only as good as your last play! Osi 10 sacks in 9 games will be paid out of his wazoooooooooo!!! this off season by somebody probably not the gmen. We will get a useless 2nd rd pick for him that will be trash.

2. Tuck has proven to be completely injury prone and a slow healer, compare his production with Osi's, not even close.

3. JPP will see double teams the rest of his career and will not be able to put up those numbers anymore you can bet on that.

4. Osi is by far the best pass rusher on our team, who will replace his double digit sacks per season, kiwi? I think not

5. A situational pass rusher, freeney, mathis, long, allen, dware, babin, johnson, i can go on and on! none play the run, please look at their numbers this year, pure sacks, GET PAID THE MOST!!!! and all go to probowl and are all pro's so i guess the league, writers and players LOVE SITUATIONAL PASS RUSHERS.

6. Please give me your top 5DE's and explain why, i bet you JPP is the only one that has high tackles and plays run extremely well. A PASS RUSHER IS THE HIGHEST COMMODITY IN THE NFL ON A DLINE, CHECK THE PAY AND NUMBERS.

ITELLNOLIES
01-08-2012, 06:53 PM

He already IS compensated for it (I must have missed where he's playing for free).* He got a big front-loaded contract (meaning he made the mother-lode up front and the numbers went down in later years, and he knew this when he signed it).* Then he has the balls to want to renegotiate it (and call the GM a liar) instead of honoring his deal.*

The Anti Osi's can never shut up, because they believe they own Osi and because they have no say about their scrummy pay checks no one should.

Dirt66
01-08-2012, 06:57 PM
The Giants are going to trade Osi and the way he is playing, we should get a good deal.</P>If they do...I hope its to an AFC team with high draft picks. That being said I hope he stays!

mrg3
01-08-2012, 07:16 PM
I Keep Tuck and JPP over Osi(too Injury Prone) Keep Kiwi for sure, Can live without Mario if neccesary and Ross if TT can come back , DONT CUT CHASE AGAIN, He stood up the last 3 games

rainierjef
01-08-2012, 07:57 PM

A) Osi punched his ticket already when he held out during training camp and played each and every single card he had and LOST, pissing off Jerry Reese in the process. He's gone.

C) Tuck is already playing below market value (and isn't whining about being underpaid, he's playing his current contract and hoping to be rewarded) and JPP is the future of this franchise and needs to be locked up in a 15 year $200 million contract ASAP.

D) Osi is a situational player (a good one, granted). Tuck and JPP are both more complete, every-down DEs.

E) Of the three (Tuck, JPP, and Osi) two are young unselfish team players with upside and the other is a selfish jerk who is probably on his last contract. The Giants are already in cap hell, and you want to throw money at Osi???

1.What you're forgetting is your only as good as your last play! Osi 10 sacks in 9 games will be paid out of his wazoooooooooo!!! this off season by somebody probably not the gmen. We will get a useless 2nd rd pick for him that will be trash.

2. Tuck has proven to be completely injury prone and a slow healer, compare his production with Osi's, not even close.

3. JPP will see double teams the rest of his career and will not be able to put up those numbers anymore you can bet on that.

4. Osi is by far the best pass rusher on our team, who will replace his double digit sacks per season, kiwi? I think not

5. A situational pass rusher, freeney, mathis, long, allen, dware, babin, johnson, i can go on and on! none play the run, please look at their numbers this year, pure sacks, GET PAID THE MOST!!!! and all go to probowl and are all pro's so i guess the league, writers and players LOVE SITUATIONAL PASS RUSHERS.

6. Please give me your top 5DE's and explain why, i bet you JPP is the only one that has high tackles and plays run extremely well. A PASS RUSHER IS THE HIGHEST COMMODITY IN THE NFL ON A DLINE, CHECK THE PAY AND NUMBERS.

well said, this team is built on rotation of pass rushing DE's were a 4-3 team even if Osi can't play the run thats why we have Strong side Linebackers and Mikes to help with the run. you can never have too many DE's that's the motto of this defense.

speed rushers with multiple moves of getting to the passer is hard to come by in this league, but you people love your draft picks so much like its a guarantee stud smfh, honestly how many times in history have a team give up a great player for a draft pick and that pick ends up to be a bust?

Keep Osi and the rotation, kiwi is finally stepping into his role as a this hybrid line backer we put him back on the line fine but like everyone has said the line backing core is the weakest core next to the Corners on this team, so why take away an asset from it and replace it with an unknown. JPP is happy with osi there he gets rest to be fresh which is how we need him, Tuck as well, with osi we can do multiple things like put JPP on LE, put tuck at DT, stand him up stand JPP up, effectively perform stunts cause of his speed and force the QB in any direction we want.

im calling it right here Osi gets an important sack fumble next week on rodgers. i can't wait for the responses then.

OSI is not upset with the organization or the mara's or tisch just the business format of reese which can always be remedied with production and money, and guess what Osi is producing

ITELLNOLIES
01-08-2012, 08:17 PM

A)* Osi punched his ticket already when he held out during training camp and played each and every single card he had and LOST, pissing off Jerry Reese in the process.* He's gone.

C)* Tuck is already playing below market value (and isn't whining about being underpaid, he's playing his current contract and hoping to be rewarded) and JPP is the future of this franchise and needs to be locked up in a 15 year $200 million contract ASAP.*

D)* Osi is a situational player (a good one, granted).* Tuck and JPP are both more complete, every-down DEs.

E)* Of the three (Tuck, JPP, and Osi) two are young unselfish team players with upside and the other is a selfish jerk who is probably on his last contract.* The Giants are already in cap hell, and you want to throw money at Osi???

well said, this team is built on rotation of pass rushing DE's were a 4-3 team even if Osi can't play the run thats why we have Strong side Linebackers and Mikes to help with the run. you can never have too many DE's that's the motto of this defense.

speed rushers with multiple moves of getting to the passer is hard to come by in this league, but you people love your draft picks so much like its a guarantee stud smfh, honestly how many times in history have a team give up a great player for a draft pick and that pick ends up to be a bust?

Keep Osi and the rotation, kiwi is finally stepping into his role as a this hybrid line backer we put him back on the line fine but like everyone has said the line backing core is the weakest core next to the Corners on this team, so why take away an asset from it and replace it with an unknown. JPP is happy with osi there he gets rest to be fresh which is how we need him, Tuck as well, with osi we can do multiple things like put JPP on LE,* put tuck at DT, stand him up stand JPP up, effectively perform stunts cause of his speed and force the QB in any direction we want.

im calling it right here Osi gets an important sack fumble next week on rodgers. i can't wait for the responses then.

OSI is not upset with the organization or the mara's or tisch just the business format of reese which can always be remedied with production and money, and guess what Osi is producing

+10000 couldn't have said it any better.

G-Men Surg.
01-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I think it will be his last game.

Osi will want a new deal, he won;t get one, and in fairness to Osi, he will deserve to be either released or traded.

I think this could be the last few games for Jacobs, and maybe McKenzie as well.

Aaror Ross will probably be gone, and Kiwanuka may want to go get paid too.

There will be turnover, there always is.

Mac and Ross are going to be UFA and will be difficult to hang on but something can be done at least with one of them. Kiwi is a priority but has 1 year left on his 2 year extension. Brandon and Osi have 1 year left and could see Osi getting into am ugly contract dispute. I have a hunch Brandon will play out his contract but Osi? Don't know, this is why Kiwi is becoming the jack of all trades, if Osi holds out and wants to go don't get nothing else for him except a 1st rounder and you can always bring Kiwi back and make him put his hand on the dirt. I do see the giats going after a 1st day LB stud in next years dratf. Either way I will put this talk behind at least for 1 more week and hope so more than that. GO GIANTS !

eli2hixon
01-08-2012, 08:32 PM
A situational pass rusher, freeney, mathis, long, allen, dware, babin,
johnson, i can go on and on! none play the run, please look at their
numbers this year, pure sacks, GET PAID THE MOST!!!! and all go to
probowl and are all pro's so i guess the league, writers and players
LOVE SITUATIONAL PASS RUSHERS.

First of all want to say I agreed with a lot of your post, but you sold Tuck short. Tuck is fantastic against the run, which is half a DE's duties, and is also strong in pass rush. Now, with your examples, quite a few of them are just wrong. Freeney and Mathis both don't play the run, and aren't even that good at pass rush any longer, making them way overrated and overpaid. Chris Long is strong against the run, but isn't a beast in the pass rush. He's a good balanced DE more in the mold of Tuck. Jared Allen is not anything amazing against the run, but is better than Osi. Dware is very good at rushing the passer and stopping the run. Babin is bad against the run, and isn't considered better than Trent Cole by most because of that fact.

Osi is great at what he does, and I also love how he has a nose for the ball, but there's not room in the cap to pay him what he wants. And since we do have two great DE's on this team already, who we'll have to pay soon and are younger, do we really want to tie all that money into one position? I'll miss Osi, and won't forget all he did for this team, but it's time to move on.

DownWitJPP
01-09-2012, 08:37 PM
the problem is even if we pay Osi the money he wants in the off season, he isn't going to want to be a back up to JPP.

Now, i love Osi as a pass rusher but JPP earned his job this year. He is a better overall D-End.

If Osi would take the money and be happy being a situational pass rusher then I'm all for him staying bc lets face it the dude is one of the best pass rushers in the league. Who gets more strip sacks then Osi?

DownWitJPP
01-09-2012, 08:37 PM
the problem is even if we pay Osi the money he wants in the off season, he isn't going to want to be a back up to JPP.

Now, i love Osi as a pass rusher but JPP earned his job this year. He is a better overall D-End.

If Osi would take the money and be happy being a situational pass rusher then I'm all for him staying bc lets face it the dude is one of the best pass rushers in the league. Who gets more strip sacks then Osi?

Ruttiger711
01-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Chiming in to say Osi is ALREADY paid. The biggest deal for his position <U>at the time</U>... there is no such thing as a sliding scale contract. When his time is up is when he can get paid... no one's against that. </P>

It's not like he's in his rookie deal and playing for scraps while over performing. Do the Giants get money back for all the time he's missed?</P>

</P>

..and yes - last time we see him in Metlife and in Giants blue... (since we'll be the away team for any forseeable games)</P>

DownWitJPP
01-09-2012, 09:01 PM
next year is the last year of his contract. Do we let him and Kiwi both go? Kiwi earned a big contract IMO and he will also be looking to get paid

radar-ray
01-09-2012, 11:43 PM

Keep Osi and the rotation, kiwi is finally stepping into his role as a this hybrid line backer we put him back on the line fine but like everyone has said the line backing core is the weakest core next to the Corners on this team, so why take away an asset from it and replace it with an unknown. JPP is happy with osi there he gets rest to be fresh which is how we need him, Tuck as well, with osi we can do multiple things like put JPP on LE,* put tuck at DT, stand him up stand JPP up, effectively perform stunts cause of his speed and force the QB in any direction we want.

+10000 couldn't have said it any better.Ditto! You are talking too much sense for this board. Bottom line is JR & Osi have to work it out or not. None of "geniuses" know jack! Don't understand these Osi conversations Re: next year, in the middle of a Super Bowl run! Very counter productive.

rainierjef
01-16-2012, 12:30 AM

Keep Osi and the rotation, kiwi is finally stepping into his role as a this hybrid line backer we put him back on the line fine but like everyone has said the line backing core is the weakest core next to the Corners on this team, so why take away an asset from it and replace it with an unknown. JPP is happy with osi there he gets rest to be fresh which is how we need him, Tuck as well, with osi we can do multiple things like put JPP on LE, put tuck at DT, stand him up stand JPP up, effectively perform stunts cause of his speed and force the QB in any direction we want.

^^^

Man i've been on a roll this week, called the bull**** by the refs and their love affair with the packers and arron rodgers and then the sack fumble by osi whch couldn't have come at a better time.

so.... bump i'm waiting for the responses of Osi by the Anti-Osi's :)

JMFP2
01-16-2012, 12:33 AM
This is an awesome topic for the offseason.

rainierjef
01-16-2012, 12:38 AM

i agree but see anti-osi's wanted him gone now!

ITELLNOLIES
01-16-2012, 12:38 AM

^^^

Man i've been on a roll this week, called the bull**** by the refs and their love affair with the packers and arron rodgers and then the sack fumble by osi whch couldn't have come at a better time.

That's like waiting on babies, they will never come out after that performance! great call by the way.

JMFP2
01-16-2012, 12:40 AM

i agree but see anti-osi's wanted him gone now!
</P>

Personally, I think Osi will be around next season. But I'm not going to sweat it when the dude is playing in the NFCCG next week.</P>

FBomb
01-16-2012, 12:40 AM

1.What you're forgetting is your only as good as your last play! Osi 10 sacks in 9 games will be paid out of his wazoooooooooo!!! this off season by somebody probably not the gmen. We will get a useless 2nd rd pick for him that will be trash. 2. Tuck has proven to be completely injury prone and a slow healer, compare his production with Osi's, not even close. 3. JPP will see double teams the rest of his career and will not be able to put up those numbers anymore you can bet on that. 4. Osi is by far the best pass rusher on our team, who will replace his double digit sacks per season, kiwi? I think not 5. A situational pass rusher, freeney, mathis, long, allen, dware, babin, johnson, i can go on and on! none play the run, please look at their numbers this year, pure sacks, GET PAID THE MOST!!!! and all go to probowl and are all pro's so i guess the league, writers and players LOVE SITUATIONAL PASS RUSHERS. 6. Please give me your top 5DE's and explain why, i bet you JPP is the only one that has high tackles and plays run extremely well. A PASS RUSHER IS THE HIGHEST COMMODITY IN THE NFL ON A DLINE, CHECK THE PAY AND NUMBERS.

^^^

That's like waiting on babies, they will never come out after that performance! great call by the way.</P>

lol....you got plenty of respones in the other dumb thread you started.</P>

Sarcasman
01-16-2012, 11:21 AM

^^^

That's like waiting on babies, they will never come out after that performance! great call by the way.

This is a mirror image of the Eli conversation.

Apparently now acknowledging that the guy is a great player but that he ain't perfect now qualifies you as a hater.

This is some ridiculous ****.