PDA

View Full Version : Today's Win validated the Division title

Tommy_Ribs
01-08-2012, 05:17 PM
If we took the Division at 9-7 and had a 'One and Done' in the playoffs, I think it would have taken the shine off of us by a lot.

In my eyes, today's win, validated the Division title, validated the NFC East a little bit, and left me feeling real good about the 2011 season regardless of what happens now.

I totally hope we beat Green Bat, and I think they are beatable, but regardless of what happens, this GIANTS team ultimately will be one I think we can all be Proud of.

Mark444
01-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Agree 100%, but of course thats not the goal at all

Bigg Bluee
01-08-2012, 05:20 PM
we must..destroy...OH ****, it's the GREEN BAT

VegasGmen
01-08-2012, 05:21 PM
If we took the Division at 9-7 and had a 'One and Done' in the playoffs, I think it would have taken the shine off of us by a lot.

In my eyes, today's win, validated the Division title, validated the NFC East a little bit, and left me feeling real good about the 2011 season regardless of what happens now.

I totally hope we beat Green Bat, and I think they are beatable, but regardless of what happens, this GIANTS team ultimately will be one I think we can all be Proud of.

I hear ya Tommy ...Excellent post!

zimonami
01-08-2012, 05:24 PM
Exactly how I feel. It did me proud to see some old time Giant defense out of these guys. The same effort against Rogers will keep us in the game.

stormblue
01-08-2012, 05:24 PM
today's win only proved the obvious : that Atlanta sucks.
no more , no less.

but i'm still happy that we spanked a team that we should have.

Voldamort
01-08-2012, 05:25 PM
yes it does let's beat the packers

BigBlue1971
01-08-2012, 05:26 PM

</P>

</P>

todays win was certainly validation! noone thought we'd be here!</P>

i am really happy with this team cuz they always grind and try hard!</P>

great win today.</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-08-2012, 05:27 PM
no more , no less.

You continue to cement your position as the biggest moron on these boards. Congrats!

blueomaha
01-08-2012, 05:31 PM
without the help of the zebras, we would have beat them a few weeks ago....

PIERCEnumber58rules
01-08-2012, 05:32 PM

+1. I feel the same way. I'm actually gonna buy a 2011 Division Champs shirt now! It was a rough season, but they pulled it together at the end. I'm proud of this team.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Anything is gravy for me at this point. We knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs directly, then pretty much killed the Jets in that same game. Then we knocked the cowboys out directly, and won the first playoff game in OUR house.

This team was written off in preseason. I'd love to see a win in GB and another SB run, but if we lost a hard fought game next week, I'm not going to feel awful about it.

Moreover, if this banged up defense can play like it has the past 3 weeks, imagine next season with a healthy defense (although you never know what will happen).

NY_Eli
01-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Absolutely. We had one of the toughest schedules in the league, and an injury-plagued start.

giantyankee1976
01-08-2012, 05:39 PM
your Thread Title ?

total agreement.

or

'nuff said

giantyankee1976
01-08-2012, 05:40 PM

zebras tried to screw the Giants again today..."what 1st down completion?"

RedskinHater
01-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Anything is gravy for me at this point. We knocked the Eagles out of the playoffs directly, then pretty much killed the Jets in that same game. Then we knocked the cowboys out directly, and won the first playoff game in OUR house.

This team was written off in preseason. I'd love to see a win in GB and another SB run, but if we lost a hard fought game next week, I'm not going to feel awful about it.

Moreover, if this banged up defense can play like it has the past 3 weeks, imagine next season with a healthy defense (although you never know what will happen).

Totally Agree !
Of course if we lose to GB we will hear :
Fire Gilbride, Coughlin is too old, trade Nicks, Why a Pass ( Why a run ? )
Fewell Sucks, Eli sucks, get rid of Tynes etc. etc. ad nauseum !!!!

Strahan#92

That's true, but now I think we'll have some momentum in GB because of that game, our players are probably eager to shut those big mouths up at Lambeau.

Delicreep
Nice post

16 regular season games, and we never once looked like the team that played today.

Close in the last 2, but the team that played today is absolutely a threat to any other team in the league.

Complete team win

stormblue
01-08-2012, 05:55 PM
no more , no less.

You continue to cement your position as the biggest moron on these boards. Congrats!

and i appreciate your continued support .

JMFP2
01-08-2012, 06:06 PM

</P>

Agree 100%</P>

Regardless of what happens from here on out, I think this team can be proud of how they responded to a lot of adversity over this season. I can't remember seeing so many major injuries rip through a team before Week 1.</P>

House money, baby!!! </P>

NoHuddle10
01-08-2012, 06:06 PM
Nice post

16 regular season games, and we never once looked like the team that played today.

Close in the last 2, but the team that played today is absolutely a threat to any other team in the league.

Complete team win

Exactly right sir. The best the Giants have looked all season, no doubt about it. Get better everyday. This could be another fun fun ride...

The defense was fun to watch today. Was soooo good to see.

GiantWarfare
01-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Agree w/ thread 100%

hungrrrry
01-08-2012, 06:44 PM

definately validated with the first round win and 3 game win-streak.

NYGRealityCheck
01-08-2012, 06:53 PM
like i said... the defense is taking off the cape and ankle weights... It's playoff time.... Whole new team. Even Gilbride is going aggressive with his play calling (finally!!!)...

jakegibbs
01-08-2012, 06:58 PM

Green Bat????? Good sarcastic nick name huh?

Tommy_Ribs
01-08-2012, 09:18 PM

Green Bat????? Good sarcastic nick name huh?

Ha ha - no, just a Typo. I am on a small Laptop, that I usually use a regular Keyboard with.