PDA

View Full Version : Unneccessary Roughness call on Jacquan Williams #57 was a crock of ***!

hungrrrry
01-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Now we need to lay the offensive player down gently...for ****s sake when does this become a no-contact game!

This is why the NFL will ultimately ruin itself by taking the physical part of the game out.

I know I didn't miss any of that play. Granted it didn't hurt our success but it was a perfectly acceptable tackle. It wasn't a defenseless player, nor a QB, etc.

daynemustgo
01-08-2012, 06:59 PM
I am hoping I missed something because it looked fine to me. That or the league is moving to flag football status.

ny06
01-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Was one of the worst penalties I have seen in alot of years of watching football.

NYGRealityCheck
01-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Referring wasn't perfect by any means that game (not new for the Giants). I agree that was a bs call. It was a good tackle. The RB still wanted to fight for yardage and J. Williams put him down.

There were others like the questionable ball-spotting on some plays. Nicks first-down catch spotted 2-3 yards before where he caught the ball and the ball spotting that gave Atlanta 4 and the Inches (turned out well for the Giants anyway).

jakegibbs
01-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Now we need to lay the offensive player down gently...for ****s sake when does this become a no-contact game!

This is why the NFL will ultimately ruin itself by taking the physical part of the game out.

I know I didn't miss any of that play. Granted it didn't hurt our success but it was a perfectly acceptable tackle. It wasn't a defenseless player, nor a QB, etc.

The new rules or the refs interpretation of them are ruining this game. If they'd called a personal foul on Sam Huff like they did today on Williams there would have been a cart out there to carry that ref off the field.

dave56dj
01-08-2012, 07:07 PM
It was a horrible call - The kid made a tackle plain and simple. It was late and meant nothing - but man you're teaching a young LB too hold up and not finish a play. Refs blew that one. There was nothing unecessary about it.

TroyArcher
01-08-2012, 07:07 PM
That crew should be fired today.

Rudyy
01-08-2012, 07:08 PM
That was hands down, the worst call I have ever seen. He was TACKLING him. Are we not allowed to tackle anymore?

jakegibbs
01-08-2012, 07:09 PM

Tell me what's wrong with this picture?

Penalties

Atl 3-15

NYG 7-73

They flagge the Giants for almost the entire length of the field today. That's what some would call one sided officiating. IMHO anyway

Eli2Nicks612
01-08-2012, 07:11 PM
When I saw that call I thought "What, now players can't tackle anymore?".

greenca190
01-08-2012, 07:13 PM

Tell me what's wrong with this picture?

Penalties

Atl 3-15

NYG 7-73

They flagge the Giants for almost the entire length of the field today. That's what some would call one sided officiating. IMHO anyway

And I thought the falcons were suppose to be the dirt bags?

Ha

BlueSanta
01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
the 1 thing I saw that bothered me and kind of summed up the refs treatment of the Giants....

Late in the game Matty throws a pass to White but it is tipped at the line. Once it was tipped Corey Webster, very intellegently and legally, mugged Rodey White causing an incompletion. White gets up after the play is over and, directly in front of the ref, throws a punch at Corey Webster....

1) thats a penalty.
2) thats an ejection.
3) thats a letter from the league.

The 1st 2 are on the refs and they did nothing. We shall see about #3.

RedskinHater
01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Up until a minute ago I thought the same thing !! ( Was spitting nails when the call was made ) .
BUT - just read on SI site the call was made because the play was already whistled over ...

Raptor22
01-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Wost call since they blew that Jacobs run dead AFTER he shook off the defenders and was past the LOS.

Oh, then there was the PI/buttsecks no-call, and the "Holding" (okay, hand brushed the defenders arms) calls... oh and the no-call when JPP's jersey jumped out to grab the Falcons' O-lineman's hand.

Raptor22
01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Up until a minute ago I thought the same thing !! ( Was spitting nails when the call was made ) .
BUT - just read on SI site the call was made because the play was already whistled over ...

<div class="tweet-user-block-name">
@michaelstrahan (http://twitter.com/#%21/michaelstrahan)
<span class="tweet-user-block-full-name">Michael Strahan
<span class="verified-icon-small" title="Verified Account"></span>
</span>
</div>

<div class="tweet-row">
<div class="tweet-text tweet-text-large">How do u stop midway thru a tackle! Ridiculous call ref!!</div>
</div>

Stray is the man. Respect #92

Roosevelt
01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
That crew should be fired today.

Yep. They were clueless.

Drystt
01-08-2012, 07:28 PM
I dunno.. that phantom offensive pass interference call on Tim Carter vs Indy was the worse of all time

Roosevelt
01-08-2012, 07:28 PM
When I saw that call I thought "What, now players can't tackle anymore?".

No, you can tackle - just not too hard.

G-Men Surg.
01-08-2012, 07:37 PM

That was a piece of @& of a call and the the refs screw up that 1st down convertion in that final drive at the end of the half. Also they didn't throw any flags when the Falcs were at O , those Oline men had a lot hands in there not called. Very pissed when they called taht holding on Bass. I hope theres no BS for the refs in GB but I have a bad feeling we will have to beat their @&& in spite of the zebras.

BigBlue1971
01-08-2012, 07:42 PM
the refs were horrible! they missed at least 3 calls that were "plain view" wrong!!!

mattpl908
01-08-2012, 07:51 PM
yea it was a typical bs call by the refs, the crowd booed the **** outta of em

greenca190
01-08-2012, 08:15 PM
The refs during the Broncos game tonight were really awful as well. So many HUGE missed calls. And not just little holding or personal foul calls where someone can be looking the other way.

It's crazy. Some games are called so incredibly well. And some games are complete bull ****. It never seems as if there is an inbetween.

DartLax 36
01-08-2012, 08:33 PM
When even the announcers say it, multiple times, you know the reffing was poor..

TuckYou
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
They basically make up stuff now to screw the Giants. What about that Nicks catch, horrible spotting. That was pretty bad as well.

LutherLavay
01-08-2012, 09:30 PM
They basically make up stuff now to screw the Giants. What about that Nicks catch, horrible spotting. That was pretty bad as well.

Agreed. That call along with the Nicks spot was terrible.

I Bleed Blue 56
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Well we can all blame this on our beloved commisioner whos making this a flag football leauge with the calls. When the ref was explaining it I bet he felt like a Dumba**. Its like the last 3 weeks there have been the worst officials against us. My goodness its like the nfl doesnt want to see the Giants nowhere near the superbowl.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 10:17 AM
As if this play didnt get under my skin enough, earlier in the game I was unhappy with US not getting the same call when JPP got hit from behind after the play was over knocking him on to the pile. It was clearly over, and the Olineman blew up JPP from the back and could of hurt him. This league is clearly against the Gmen. PI on Nicks in the endzone, Nicks 1st down catch called 3rd and short, No holding calls on the Falcons dirtbags, Complete BS! </P>

FLNYGFAN
01-09-2012, 10:20 AM
That was a terrible call.

Hard tackles are part of the game. Atlanta seemed to have the refs on their side all game anyways.

rebelfan1966
01-09-2012, 10:21 AM
That call had me scratching my head also.... maybe someday someone can explain why it was a personal foul.

FLNYGFAN
01-09-2012, 10:22 AM
As if this play didnt get under my skin enough, earlier in the game I was unhappy with US not getting the same call when JPP got hit from behind after the play was over knocking him on to the pile. It was clearly over, and the Olineman blew up JPP from the back and could of hurt him. This league is clearly against the Gmen. PI on Nicks in the endzone, Nicks 1st down catch called 3rd and short, No holding calls on the Falcons dirtbags, Complete BS! </P>

That hit on JPP was the second play Atlanta ran. I guess our guys weren't kidding about how dirty the Falcons are.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 10:30 AM

That hit on JPP was the second play Atlanta ran. I guess our guys weren't kidding about how dirty the Falcons are.</P>

As soon as it happened I was waiting for the flag, especially after they were called out and it was right in front of the ref. But the ref swallowed the flag. JPP was furious that was a no call, hammering the ref about it. </P>

idiotekniQues
01-09-2012, 01:42 PM
the 1 thing I saw that bothered me* and kind of summed up the refs treatment of the Giants....

Late in the game Matty throws a pass to White but it is tipped at the line. Once it was tipped Corey Webster, very intellegently and legally, mugged Rodey White causing an incompletion. White gets up after the play is over and, directly in front of the ref, throws a punch at Corey Webster....

1) thats a penalty.
2) thats an ejection.
3) thats a letter from the league.*

i remember seeing that and started screaming at the tv. it was literally right in front of a ref. throwing a punch after everything was over. unreal.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 01:47 PM
the 1 thing I saw that bothered me and kind of summed up the refs treatment of the Giants....

1) thats a penalty.
2) thats an ejection.
3) thats a letter from the league.

i remember seeing that and started screaming at the tv. it was literally right in front of a ref. throwing a punch after everything was over. unreal.</P>

Eh, they felt bad for Roddy. He had some nice drops in the game. </P>

lawl
01-09-2012, 01:51 PM
It was called a penalty because the ref blew the whistle and then jwill finished the tackle.

It was kind of a bang bang thing and jwill obviously didn't know the whistle was blown nor did he know he was flagged briefly after it happened.

Things missed- roddy white threw a punch, jpp got hit well after the whistle in front of a ref, ridiculous spot on the nicks catch, there was a HUGE hold when someone(maybe tuck) was about to block a punt, etc etc.

**** happens, the only disappointing thing is that our players have no control over this stuff affecting the game.

Ruttiger711
01-09-2012, 02:08 PM
It was called a penalty because the ref blew the whistle and then jwill finished the tackle.

It was kind of a bang bang thing and jwill obviously didn't know the whistle was blown nor did he know he was flagged briefly after it happened.

Things missed- roddy white threw a punch, jpp got hit well after the whistle in front of a ref, ridiculous spot on the nicks catch, there was a HUGE hold when someone(maybe tuck) was about to block a punt, etc etc.

**** happens, the only disappointing thing is that our players have no control over this stuff affecting the game.

totally disagree - he was already mid tackle, in the process of the "finishing move" with absolutely no way to stop when the whistle blew - it was no bang-bang ... just "bang" and he got flagged for it..

stolen from Snappinnecks thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vKPgY1O21U&hd=1

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 02:13 PM
It was called a penalty because the ref blew the whistle and then jwill finished the tackle. It was kind of a bang bang thing and jwill obviously didn't know the whistle was blown nor did he know he was flagged briefly after it happened. Things missed- roddy white threw a punch, jpp got hit well after the whistle in front of a ref, ridiculous spot on the nicks catch, there was a HUGE hold when someone(maybe tuck) was about to block a punt, etc etc. **** happens, the only disappointing thing is that our players have no control over this stuff affecting the game.</P>

They didnt throw the flag for a late hit, listen to the refs explanation. He threw the flag for flipping the offense player in an agressive manner. The whistle was being blown as he was mid tackle. It was the dumbest thing since Jennings scored a TD on a juggling dropped pass.</P>

T-Diddy
01-09-2012, 02:17 PM
That was hands down, the worst call I have ever seen. He was TACKLING him. Are we not allowed to tackle anymore?As far as the call,it was horrific.......... Just wanted to say that I cant get enough of nicks doin the dirty bird......priceless

lawl
01-09-2012, 02:19 PM

totally disagree - he was already mid tackle, in the process of the "finishing move" with absolutely no way to stop when the whistle blew - it was no bang-bang ... just "bang" and he got flagged for it..

I know it was mid tackle and inferred as much.

The point I was making is that the tackle is finished after the whistle is blown. I don't think he shouldve been flagged because there's no way jac is able to stop.

Whistle blown. Guy hits the ground. That's what I meant by bang bang.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 02:20 PM
They didnt call it a late hit, it was <U>"Unnecessarily throwing a player to the ground".</U> Are you kidding me? He was a yard from getting the 1st down! How can you tackle someone without bringing them down to the ground? The whistle blew mid tackle! </P>

</P>

FLNYGFAN
01-09-2012, 02:22 PM

Whistle blew and the Falcon player was heading down toward the turf. In no way should that have been a penalty.

lawl
01-09-2012, 02:23 PM
It was called a penalty because the ref blew the whistle and then jwill finished the tackle. It was kind of a bang bang thing and jwill obviously didn't know the whistle was blown nor did he know he was flagged briefly after it happened. Things missed- roddy white threw a punch, jpp got hit well after the whistle in front of a ref, ridiculous spot on the nicks catch, there was a HUGE hold when someone(maybe tuck) was about to block a punt, etc etc. **** happens, the only disappointing thing is that our players have no control over this stuff affecting the game.</P>

They didnt throw the flag for a late hit, listen to the refs explanation. He threw the flag for flipping the offense player in an agressive manner. The whistle was being blown as he was mid tackle. It was the dumbest thing since Jennings scored a TD on a juggling dropped pass.</P>

I agree it's a dumb call but if Rodgers hits the ground before the whistle is blown then there wouldn't have been a flag.

lawl
01-09-2012, 02:25 PM
They didnt call it a late hit, it was <U>"Unnecessarily throwing a player to the ground".</U> Are you kidding me? He was a yard from getting the 1st down! How can you tackle someone without bringing them down to the ground? The whistle blew mid tackle! </P>

*</P>
They say it was unnecessary because they believed it to be after the whistle(and it was). The only problem is that is was impossible for jwill to hear the whistle and stop his motion.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 02:27 PM

I agree it's a dumb call but if Rodgers hits the ground before the whistle is blown then there wouldn't have been a flag.</P>

Not sure I follow you on that one. Of course if Aaron Rodgers gets hit before the whistle is blown, it wouldnt be a flag. Actually, knowing these refs, yes there would be. Again, he said it wasnt a late hit, it was the way JWill tackled the RB. <U>"Unnecessarily throwing the player to the ground"</U></P>

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 02:28 PM

</P>

They say it was unnecessary because they believed it to be after the whistle(and it was). The only problem is that is was impossible for jwill to hear the whistle and stop his motion.</P>

If they threw a flag everytime someone was tackled after the whistle, games would be 7 hours long. Every single game on 90% of the plays has someone being tackled. Absolutely a horrible call. </P>

Ruttiger711
01-09-2012, 02:30 PM

I agree it's a dumb call but if Rodgers hits the ground before the whistle is blown then there wouldn't have been a flag.</P>

Not sure I follow you on that one. Of course if Aaron Rodgers gets hit before the whistle is blown, it wouldnt be a flag. Actually, knowing these refs, yes there would be. Again, he said it wasnt a late hit, it was the way JWill tackled the RB. <U>"Unnecessarily throwing the player to the ground"</U></P>

</P>

</P>

Right - and by flagging him for this - the refs are saying it could have been prevented.... as if the whistle was blown when he was only wrapped up and JWill threw him down after the whistle.... complete BS.</P>

lawl
01-09-2012, 02:31 PM

In case anyone jumps in the convo late. We're referring to Jacquizz Rodgers not aaron.

The ref did not say it wasn't a late hit.

If a hit is late it is inherently unnecessary, which is why he used the worst unnecessarily.

Any late hit is deemed unnecessary roughness. The refs were dumb and thought it was a late hit so he got tagged with unnecessary roughness.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 02:35 PM

In case anyone jumps in the convo late. We're referring to Jacquizz Rodgers not aaron. The ref did not say it wasn't a late hit. If a hit is late it is inherently unnecessary, which is why he used the worst unnecessarily. Any late hit is deemed unnecessary roughness. The refs were dumb and thought it was a late hit so he got tagged with unnecessary roughness.</P>

My bad on the Rodgers part, thought it was Turner. My confusion.</P>

Agree to disagree. I think the call is absolute BS. J Rodgers was fighting for a first down which was a few feet in front of him, and JWill tackled him. Nothing unnecessary, nothing late, nothing bad. It was a perfect tackle. Refs blow it dead because his momentum was stopped. Ask Kiwi about that Vince Young play again. </P>

YATittle1962
01-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Michael Strahan @michaelstrahan 22h Reply Retweet Favorite Open
How do u stop midway thru a tackle! Ridiculous call ref!!

lawl
01-09-2012, 02:41 PM

In case anyone jumps in the convo late. We're referring to Jacquizz Rodgers not aaron. The ref did not say it wasn't a late hit. If a hit is late it is inherently unnecessary, which is why he used the worst unnecessarily. Any late hit is deemed unnecessary roughness. The refs were dumb and thought it was a late hit so he got tagged with unnecessary roughness.</P>

Agree to disagree. I think the call is absolute BS. J Rodgers was fighting for a first down which was a few feet in front of him, and JWill tackled him. Nothing unnecessary, nothing late, nothing bad. It was a perfect tackle. Refs blow it dead because his momentum was stopped. Ask Kiwi about that Vince Young play again. </P>

I agree it was a bad call.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 02:45 PM

I agree it was a bad call.</P>

http://i.picasion.com/pic48/ea46265716059769e32f514e3d9b0ee4.gif</P>

This is the exact moment the ref first blew the whistle.</P>

Ruttiger711
01-09-2012, 02:51 PM

I agree it was a bad call.</P>

http://i.picasion.com/pic48/ea46265716059769e32f514e3d9b0ee4.gif</P>

This is the exact moment the ref first blew the whistle.</P>

</P>

good pic... it was a pity call </P>

nygsb42champs
01-09-2012, 03:10 PM
It was a truly horrible call. The refs where bad again yesterday.

FLNYGFAN
01-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Atlanta had a lot of "pity" calls yesterday.

They were only flagged for 3 fouls for 15 yards and the Giants had 7 for 73.

dave8274
01-09-2012, 04:19 PM
Don't forget the non call for pass interference when Nicks was mugged at the goal line.

JesseJames
01-09-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm recalling a John Madden quote during a game a a few years ago when he was disagreeing with a call made on the field, he said " wow if we can't do that with out getting flagged then maybe we can't play this game anymore" and now I'm seeing what he was talking about with the calls being made today...

Husky
01-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Don't forget the non call for pass interference when Nicks was mugged at the goal line.And the no call for the punch/

Duke_45
01-09-2012, 08:04 PM
How many times yesterday did those refs try to help the Falcons get back into the game...but we kept fighting. That cubby ref with 00 on his jersey was the worst offender. Whether he was missing major fouls against the Falcons, or just putting down terrible spots, he was awful. Really, it was almost like he had money on the game. Normally, I laugh at people who make those kind of comments about refs, but this guy was really bad. The time Nicks was getting mugged at the goaline, right in front of this clown, and no penalty. Or JPP getting pushed down after the whistle, and this same guy yelling at JPP to get back to his huddle? For the Giant's sake, lets hope we never see that loser again.

fourth&forever
01-09-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm recalling a John Madden quote during a game a a few years ago when he was disagreeing with a call made on the field, he said " wow if we can't do that with out getting flagged then maybe we can't play this game anymore" and now I'm seeing what he was talking about with the calls being made today...
They are ruining this great game.