PDA

View Full Version : Hope GB comes out flat after bye

miked1958
01-08-2012, 08:33 PM
Like alot of teams having number one or two seeds have in last few years.

I doubt it as they put up 5 td passes with back up QB in Last game..

But it was like a scrimage as their last 2 or 3 games meant nothing as they already had everything locked up over a month ago.

So not playing a meaningful game in over a month, on the bye getting rusty..
Hmmmmmm
Tell the GB fans Eli is coming And bringing Hell with him

miked1958
01-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Oh and we come up there playing with house money...

And deep down they know we were the ones that officially gave them their first loss, not KC

GiantWarfare
01-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Like alot of teams having number one or two seeds have in last few years.

I doubt it as they put up 5 td passes with back up QB in Last game..

But it was like a scrimage as their last 2 or 3 games meant nothing as they already had everything locked up over a month ago.

So not playing a meaningful game in over a month, on the bye getting rusty..
Hmmmmmm
Tell the GB fans Eli is coming And bringing Hell with him

agreed. I was thinking of that when I realized we were going to GB...

We're hot and we're rolling, GB might come out rusty...

If they do come out flat (and its a big if tbh), we're gonna have to step on their throats early...

buddy33
01-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I think their OL is banged up. The Giants DL is playing really good right now.

GameTime
01-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Oh and we come up there playing with house money... <FONT size=4>And deep down they know we were the ones that officially gave them their first loss, not KC</FONT></P>

why....just because the Giants played a good game.....</P>

dont get that one....</P>

but I agree the Giants have nothing to lose. They have to go all out and be all in next Sunday.....</P>

RoanokeFan
01-08-2012, 08:48 PM
I don't know about the Packers, but the GIANTS are a better team than they were when they played them a few weeks ago. We nearly won that game.

GameTime
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
I don't know about the Packers, but the GIANTS are a better team than they were when they played them a few weeks ago. We nearly won that game.
</P>

yes they are....</P>

good time to be getting all together....</P>

buddy33
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Oh and we come up there playing with house money... <FONT size=4>And deep down they know we were the ones that officially gave them their first loss, not KC</FONT></P>

but I agree the Giants have nothing to lose. They have to go all out and be all in next Sunday.....</P>

Yeah I mean they did win the game but there where 2 TD calls that cost the Giants the game.

GameTime
01-08-2012, 08:51 PM

Yeah I mean they did win the game but there where 2 TD calls that cost the Giants the game.</P>

true.....they were bogus calls....</P>

maybe "unofficially" would have been a better way to say it.....:)</P>

buddy33
01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
They are still paper thin at CB and need Ross to get better quick. Prince did do a nice job today.

The big difference from their last meeting is that the DL is healthy and playing better. The running game has picked up as well. Actually, they where running the ball well the last time they played but got away from it.

BigBlue1971
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM
the Giants are defensively the hottest team in the playoffs right now! if they can improve on todays performance, they will cause a lot of GB's flatness!</P>

</P>

Mod_C
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM

And deep down they know we were the ones that officially gave them their first loss, not KC

The opening post, followed quickly by this one will probably go down in the annals of "Best tripe found on internet fan forums" --- Congrats.

First off: The Giants lost the first game - the Packers beat them. Plain and simple... didn't win ... scored fewer points ... got it? Does it have ANYTHING to do with how THIS upcoming game will play out? NO!! Zip...nadda...zero...zilch... NOTHING.

Incidentally, the Packers will their opening game starting offensive line back for the first game since week 4. The last six weeks, BOTH starting tackles were gone due to injury... Clifton AND Bulaga. Left guard moved out to right tackle ... for two weeks the Pack were missing both starting tackle AND the starting right guard.

Rusty?? I don't think so. This is the healthiest we've been all season...which I think is the REAL reason Rodgers was withheld from the final game. He had spent the last two months running for his danged life.

So "unleash hell" ... our fat guys will hold their own against your fat guys. (I love watching line play - I'm one of those guys ... I'll rewind a play just to check out a different blocking scheme on any given play).

Smack Talk not allowed in this forum.

miked1958
01-08-2012, 10:11 PM

The opening post, followed quickly by this one will probably go down in the annals of "Best tripe found on internet fan forums"* --- Congrats.

First off: The Giants lost the first game - the Packers beat them. Plain and simple... didn't win ... scored fewer points ... got it? Does it have ANYTHING to do with how THIS upcoming game will play out? NO!! Zip...nadda...zero...zilch... NOTHING.

Incidentally, the Packers will their opening game starting offensive line back for the first game since week 4. The last six weeks, BOTH starting tackles were gone due to injury... Clifton AND Bulaga. Left guard moved out to right tackle ... for two weeks the Pack were missing both starting tackle AND the starting right guard.

Rusty?? I don't think so. This is the healthiest we've been all season...which I think is the REAL reason Rodgers was withheld from the final game. He had spent the last two months running for his danged life.

So "unleash hell" ... our fat guys will hold their own against your fat guys. (I love watching line play - I'm one of those guys ... I'll rewind a play just to check out a different blocking scheme on any given play).

To you and the giants fan that thought I used wrong word....

I said official on purpose... IMO ballards knee was in. There were other questionable calls by refs that gave them pts or took pts from us...
Those plays called correctly. We beat em..

miked1958
01-08-2012, 10:14 PM
But it's better they won that one.

I think it gives us more of an edge then if we had won. Makes us hungrier and more mad that we were so close and didn't do it

On other hand from there standpoint they know ewe almost had them.. If we had won it would be more to there advantage to prove it was a fluke

Mod_C
01-08-2012, 10:18 PM

The opening post, followed quickly by this one will probably go down in the annals of "Best tripe found on internet fan forums" --- Congrats.

To you and the giants fan that thought I used wrong word....

I said official on purpose... IMO ballards knee was in. There were other questionable calls by refs that gave them pts or took pts from us...
Those plays called correctly. We beat em..

My comment had nothing to do with your post.

derekunion28
01-08-2012, 10:19 PM
mario and osi didnt play that game

NY_Eli
01-08-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't know about the Packers, but the GIANTS are a better team than they were when they played them a few weeks ago.* We nearly won that game.

Made this same point in another thread. Giants have clearly improved since that game. It's hard to say the same about the Pack.

miked1958
01-08-2012, 11:26 PM

The opening post, followed quickly by this one will probably go down in the annals of "Best tripe found on internet fan forums"* --- Congrats.

Sorry that comment was meant for "GameTime" not you

scf424
01-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Well Rodgers hasnt played in 2 weeks, we'll see how rusty he looks.

Don't count on it.

bearbryant
01-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Very little you can do about anyone except yourself. Our D comes out and knocks the crap outta rodgers or whichever QB from GB is out there. Can't make him a lousy QB... He needs to do that! Go G-Men!!!!

JJC7301
01-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Couldn't care if they are flat or playing like the impressive SB champs that they are. I just want us to be playing the best and letting the chips fall where they may.

Firenugget
01-09-2012, 02:02 AM
There isn't gonna be any rust. Just a fist fight.