PDA

View Full Version : Credit where credit is due...nice job GILLBRIDE

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-08-2012, 11:25 PM
We bash him when he has a bad one, today he had a good one.

Great game plan, perfect balance of run and pass and he never let up or got too conservative.

Way to go Gillbride.

DemandedAce
01-08-2012, 11:27 PM
The second half he definitely made great adjustments and came out on top I was happy with it. I am always hard on him and I still want him gone after this season regardless but he does have an occasional good showing.

Good for him and also good for Fewell who is constantly run over by the team bus, keep it up.

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-09-2012, 12:30 AM
Really guys? Just one guy responded?????

Anyone else want to show some integrity? We kill the OC all the time on these boards. He came out, assessed what the Falcons were doing, made the correct adjustments and refused to take his foot of the gas all day.

Let's give him his due.

JJC7301
01-09-2012, 12:38 AM

Anyone else want to show some integrity? We kill the OC all the time on these boards. He came out, assessed what the Falcons were doing, made the correct adjustments and refused to take his foot of the gas all day.

Let's give him his due.
I've always liked KG. They didn't panic when it was 7-2 at the beginning of the 2nd half -- could have felt like they needed to put some points up quick, but worked on establishing the run WHICH IS WHAT WE NEED TO DO.

I don't like that it seemed so long for our running game to have an impact, but I give the Falcs D credit (they are solid), and I still worry about the O-line when it comes to the run but they're getting it done. Not as consistently as in the past, but getting it done.

I'm glad that we not only made it past the Falcs, but kept up our intensity, played solid football, pasted the opponent, and are moving on to the upper echelon of talent.

scf424
01-09-2012, 12:41 AM
He called a good game. Made adjustments. Still don't understand some of his redzone calls (should've ran on 2nd down instead of throwing to Ballard), but seriously, its because the run game is effective, so we can run play action more convincingly.

ToomerFORtheBomb
01-09-2012, 12:44 AM

Let's give him his due.
I've always liked KG. They didn't panic when it was 7-2 at the beginning of the 2nd half -- could have felt like they needed to put some points up quick, but worked on establishing the run WHICH IS WHAT WE NEED TO DO.

I don't like that it seemed so long for our running game to have an impact, but I give the Falcs D credit (they are solid), and I still worry about the O-line when it comes to the run but they're getting it done. Not as consistently as in the past, but getting it done.

I'm glad that we not only made it past the Falcs, but kept up our intensity, played solid football, pasted the opponent, and are moving on to the upper echelon of talent.

When you just said "kept up our intensity" that is key. Remember the Giants almost beat GB last time. Well now they are red hot while GB has been sitting around for a week. I still respect GB and I won't get overconfident but I do think it's possible they may fall in to the trap of "looking past" the Giants.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-09-2012, 12:45 AM
Credit given. And that run on 3rd and 9 that everyone here was crucifying him for was a field audible by Eli.

bearbryant
01-09-2012, 01:19 AM
Credit is given to the players for not getting frustrated because the O came out flat and the readable calls were not being executed properly! (Sorry it was the best I could so) They held on into the second half when BJ 's running started making things hum, and the passing game awoke, along with the stunts and twists and play calls on the D side!

I still say that ya need to put the best guys out there. Our O line could be a lot better. A blind man can see it. Hope they get it, we'll need it against a stubborn Packer team! Go Giants!

Spytheweb
01-09-2012, 05:58 AM
<h4 class="ForumPostTitle">Gillbride got lucky. The first half he did a bum job. I feel if the NYGs get a new OC they will be better off. When the Giants have a 3rd and 1, i know everybody on the defense is going where ever BJ goes and plug the hole.
</h4>

Gav_devils#56
01-09-2012, 06:32 AM
<h4 class="ForumPostTitle">Gillbride got lucky. The first half he did a bum job. I feel if the NYGs get a new OC they will be better off. When the Giants have a 3rd and 1, i know everybody on the defense is going where ever BJ goes and plug the hole.
</h4>

you've got no idea what you are talking about. the play calls in the first half were largly similar to the second half but the o-line were playing badly and eli had no time to pass and there were no holes to run in. that was all about o-line execution not play calling. second half they sorted it out and started giving lanes and protecting better and the offense started clicking

NYG4lifeNYK
01-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Credit given. And that run on 3rd and 9 that everyone here was crucifying him for was a field audible by Eli.

No, it was a called run to the left Eli merely shifted it towards the right side because of the look on the defense. Had it gone to the left like it was called we would of gotten maybe 3 yards.

Gilbride called an atrocious game at times this game.

Firenugget
01-09-2012, 07:40 AM

No, it was a called run to the left Eli merely shifted it towards the right side because of the look on the defense. Had it gone to the left like it was called we would of gotten maybe 3 yards.

Gilbride called an atrocious game at times this game.

Yep, he's frustrating because he has those kinds of moments where you say (and I did btw...in fact I screamed at my poor tv) "this is why people hate you".

However, all in all when you look at his complete body of work and not just the head scratchers, I really don't think someone else would come in and do much better. I mean of course it's possible but odds aren't in your favor with these things. He's done a good job, he just makes some situational calls that are odd to say the least.

Bavaro4Prez
01-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Eh, I would curb your enthusiasm a little. He's still awful and caused 82,000+ fans yesterday to curse him.

His goal-line calls are horrendous and he's still married to the shotgun draw.

JimC
01-09-2012, 09:37 AM
The second half he definitely made great adjustments and came out on top I was happy with it. I am always hard on him and<font color="#0000FF" size="6"> I still want him gone after this season regardless</font> but he does have an occasional good showing.

Good for him and also good for Fewell who is constantly run over by the team bus, keep it up.

I don't understand his logic. If by some stroke of good fortune and good play we make it to the Super Bowl, you would still want to get rid of KG? I assume that's what your "regardless" comment meant?

MikeSherrard
01-09-2012, 09:45 AM
I think people that complain about play calling are tools. It might be the single easiest thing on the planet to second guess! Hindsight is always 20/20.

One thing I am 100% positive about is that no one on these boards can call a better football game then Gilbride.

I am also certain that no one can possibly know which of the calls were audible by Eli based on the Defense.

For anyone that has actually played any real organized football, they understand that most plays that the Giants run have both a run and pass option and it is up to Eli to make the call.

Nice playoff win by the Giants. I love seeing Eli coming into his own. By the way Gilbride has been instrumental in his development of Eli.

GameTime
01-09-2012, 09:47 AM

<FONT color=#800080>Gilbride called an atrocious game at times this game.
</FONT></P>

and why is that??.....</P>

you guys make me laugh.......</P>

Monday morning OCs and QBs.......nice...</P>

MikeSherrard
01-09-2012, 09:49 AM
The second half he definitely made great adjustments and came out on top I was happy with it. I am always hard on him and<font color="#0000ff" size="6"> I still want him gone after this season regardless</font> but he does have an occasional good showing.

I don't understand his logic. If by some stroke of good fortune and good play we make it to the Super Bowl, you would still want to get rid of KG? I assume that's what your "regardless" comment meant?

Good idea! I'm sure Eli will love a new offense, with different language, different play names and learning a brand new offense and essentially starting over. It seems like he's having a hard time grasping this offense. It is always typical to change your OC when the QB makes the Pro Bowl. Good idea!