PDA

View Full Version : “Antrel Rolle told me to do it"

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-09-2012, 02:19 AM
The dirty bird dance 88 displayed so eagerly after his first TD...

Right when he did it, me and my buddy, were like "ahh thats messed up!!" it was hilarious..

Cheers to you Hakeem!

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/hakeem_nicks_has_big_day_and_e.html#incart_mrt

poppa smurph
01-09-2012, 02:26 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/hakeem_nicks_has_big_day_and_e.html#incart_mrt </P>

That was cool...Ihad a grinseeing him do that.</P>

MikeSherrard
01-09-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't like it. Thats somthing the JETS would do. Dancing is fine (a la Salsa) but this is more like taunting and that is not GIANT like.

It makes sense that Rolle was beyond it because Nicks has too much class for that garbage.

egyptian420
01-09-2012, 08:29 AM
I don't like it. Thats somthing the JETS would do. Dancing is fine (a la Salsa) but this is more like taunting and that is not GIANT like.

It makes sense that Rolle was beyond it because Nicks has too much class for that garbage.

+1....I would've been fine with it if we weren't all down on Laurent Robinson and Dez for doing the salsa to mock Cruz...now we're the ones taunting others and I'm supposed to change my mind because its the Giants? No...

G-Stan
01-09-2012, 09:43 AM
It's the Monday after a win, why all the sensitivity? It was all in fun, it was drama-free Nicks after all.

Itlan
01-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Well, the "Dirty Bird" was Jamal Anderson's dance. He's not in the NFL anymore, so it's not really mocking, but an homage to Anderson. It's like when someone does Primetime's dance on a pick 6.

Dez and Laurent doing the salsa pissed me off because they're black and did it horribly. My poor Cuban mother had to watch that!

Gav_devils#56
01-09-2012, 10:32 AM
The dirty bird dance 88 displayed so eagerly after his first TD...

Right when he did it, me and my buddy, were like "ahh thats messed up!!" it was hilarious..

Cheers to you Hakeem!

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/hakeem_nicks_has_big_day_and_e.html#incart_mrt

pretty sure it was his second td wasn't it?

Kase-1
01-09-2012, 10:36 AM

OK, old man party pooper

Its a TD celebration, he's not hurting anyone. And its not anything ridiculous like Joe Horn pulling out a cell phone, or pulling out a marker and signing a ball

It was a simple dance, and I thought it was hysterical

MikeIsaGiant
01-09-2012, 10:37 AM
This team needs personality, and that's our drive right now.

When the Jets do it in the season, it's a problem... they went 8-8 HORRIBLE.

We're in the post-season, we can brag all we want for now.

Now if we were down by 14 points and did that, that's a different story.

You've seen these players get TDs while down by points, they never celebrate as much (nicks, cruz) they just give the ball to the ref and commence.

I like this personality, good job Nicks.

Providence
01-09-2012, 10:42 AM
I love Nicks, but that was immature. It's taunting plain and simple. It's a specific dance, associated with a specific team and said team was the one we were beating up on when Nicks did it. It's immature.

I still love Nicks and am glad that he had a chance to have a laugh along with others on the team, but it's immature nonetheless.

If you're going to have a specific celebration, come up with something that's your own. Cruz has one, Bradshaw has one, Jacobs has one, follow their lead.

ShockeyShow
01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
I love Nicks, but that was immature. It's taunting plain and simple. It's a specific dance, associated with a specific team and said team was the one we were beating up on when Nicks did it. It's immature.

I still love Nicks and am glad that he had a chance to have a laugh along with others on the team, but it's immature nonetheless.

If you're going to have a specific celebration, come up with something that's your own. Cruz has one, Bradshaw has one, Jacobs has one, follow their lead.

One might say that the Cruz, Jacobs and Bradshaw dances are excessive, so I can't justify them having a dance, and then us getting mad at Nicks for doin the dirty bird.

If it was just an average TD, I might look at it differently, but that was an outstanding open field move to get him a 50+ TD. So yes, it was acceptable and hilarious

MikeIsaGiant
01-09-2012, 10:56 AM

He has the arms folded on his chest one, he's used that one a lot. You don't like that one?

Kase-1
01-09-2012, 11:01 AM
<font color="#FF0000">Cmon doesnt everyone know Hakeem Nicks is an alter boy who does no wrong

...And Antrel Rolle is the Gilgo Beach Serial Killer???</font>

Providence
01-09-2012, 02:31 PM

He has the arms folded on his chest one, he's used that one a lot. You don't like that one?

I much prefer that. And in response to ShockeyShow, I also agree that Bradshaw, Cruz, and Jacobs all have excessive celebrations as well. I am not really a big of TD celebrations as I think they are kind of ridiculous. But two each his own so I am not going to complain about it. With Nicks on the long TD it was different because that celebration was specifically targeted to insult the other team, rather than to celebrate his own accomplishments. Seems like kind of a low blow for a guy that has been otherwise a mature player.

giantsfan39
01-09-2012, 02:47 PM
I don't like it.* Thats somthing the JETS would do. Dancing is fine (a la Salsa) but this is more like taunting and that is not GIANT like.

*It makes sense that Rolle was beyond it because Nicks has too much class for that garbage.

+1....I would've been fine with it if we weren't all down on Laurent Robinson and Dez for doing the salsa to mock Cruz...now we're the ones taunting others and I'm supposed to change my mind because its the Giants? No...

Dez and Laurent did it in a game in which they were losing and were mocking a specific player. Nicks did his dance in a game in which his TD gave us a 15 point lead and did it to mock the Falcons not one specific guy.

And who cares. The Falcons oline was hitting out dlineman after the play ended on the first few drives.

Coach Carter
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Well, the "Dirty Bird" was Jamal Anderson's dance. He's not in the NFL anymore, so it's not really mocking, but an homage to Anderson. It's like when someone does Primetime's dance on a pick 6.

Dez and Laurent doing the salsa pissed me off because they're black and did it horribly. My poor Cuban mother had to watch that!
LOL, Robinson's was funny.

JPP
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't like it.* Thats somthing the JETS would do. Dancing is fine (a la Salsa) but this is more like taunting and that is not GIANT like.

*It makes sense that Rolle was beyond it because Nicks has too much class for that garbage.

Dancing is ok and even taking a little shot at someone in your dance is ok(ie.using theirs) but weren't the Cowgirls down both times when they mocked Cruz...maybe not Dez I don't remember but still.